Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money (38156 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Sleeping In Church (Photo) / Throwback Photo Of Abdulmumin Jibrin, Dino Melaye And Obasanjo From 13 Years Ago / Killers Of Samaila Inusa Arrested In Anambra And Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by rapistbuhari: 1:42pm On May 25, 2016
Former Anambra Governor Peter Obi has revealed how he stopped former President Olusegun Obasanjo from sleeping in the state when the latter, as president, proposed to visit the state during his tenure

“I told him, ‘Mr president, you can come in the morning and go in the evening because I don’t have a place for you to stay,’” Obi explained.
The former governor disclosed this yesterday at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) during the 2016 edition of the Biennial Chinua Achebe Memorial Lecture, organised in honour of the late literary icon, by the institution’s Faculty of Arts.

Delivering a lecture on leadership, Obi hinted that his actions were part of his efforts to curb systemic waste and ensure accountability in governance.
He said in order to utilise resources, his administration stopped the maintenance of the Presidential Lodge in the state.

The former governor blamed corruption and rot in the Nigerian system on the irrational celebration of corrupt politicians and their ill-gotten wealth by the masses.
Meanwhile, at the occasion, the senator representing Enugu North Senatorial District, Chuka Utazi, said the leadership problem bedeviling the country is hinged on the fact that youths, who should be given leadership opportunities are relegated, with only old political “money bags” dominating the political scene.

“There are many youths in this country who can take over the mantle of leadership, but we leave them and look for the money bags,” he regretted.
He, however, said he remains optimistic that things would, someday, change for the better.

https://www.today.ng/news/national/127070/saved-money-stopping-obasanjo-sleeping-anambra-obi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by Seeeeeeee: 1:54pm On May 25, 2016
Hmmm since Obj's son accused Obj of sleeping with his wife as a sharp man you protect your wife by telling Obj you don't have a place for him to sleep in Anambra because you no no him plan.

143 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by rapistbuhari: 2:03pm On May 25, 2016
No reasonable governor hosted Obasanjo after he CORNERED his daughter in-law

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by omowolewa: 2:05pm On May 25, 2016
How much were you able to save?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by Mekus68: 2:13pm On May 25, 2016
^^^^ Hmmm. I haven't heard of what u guys are saying before, is it true, did it really happen?

On the other hand, Biafrans are very sharp.
See hw Peter Obi used BRAIN to send him back to ABJ bck then. Lolz

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 25, 2016
Nonsense

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by rapistbuhari: 2:29pm On May 25, 2016
Mekus68:
^^^^ Hmmm. I haven't heard of what u guys are saying before, is it true, did it really happen?

On the other hand, Biafrans are very sharp.
See hw Peter Obi used BRAIN to send him back to ABJ bck then. Lolz

His son son Gbenga made the accusation.......you can imagine what will prompt a son into suspecting his own father.

As for Obi's tactfulness, thats the hallmark of the Igbos cool

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:40pm On May 25, 2016
Modified:
This must be a liar. There are presidential lodges in the 36 states, where the President stays when he is outside the FCT on a visitation. The only time Obasanjo didn't sleep in the Presidential Lodge, Awka, was when he decided to spend the night in the home of Alex Ewkueme, a party member, in Orumba.

How come when President Jonathan visited the state years after presidents Obasanjo and Yar'Adua, upon enquiry by the President's protocol officer on where GEJ would lodge, Obi said the state didn't have a presidential lodge? He had to vacate the Governor's Lodge for the President to be accomodated.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 25, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
This must be a lie the FG maintains a presidential lodge each in the 36 states, where the President stays when he is outside the FCT on a visitation. The only time Obasanjo didn't sleep in the Presidential Lodge, Awka, was when he decided to spend the night in the home of Alex Ewkueme, a party member, in Orumba.

Oko, Orumba-north to be precise. Enroute Onneh town, obodo ndi oma.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by free2ryhme: 5:49pm On May 25, 2016
what is this one talking

why now where was he long time ago

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by ibkgab001: 5:49pm On May 25, 2016
Hen hen
Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by OLUJOSHINS(m): 5:49pm On May 25, 2016
i like this man.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by rapistbuhari: 5:50pm On May 25, 2016
Obasanjo passing a night in Anambra would have been disastrous and catastrophic

I know what I am saying

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by BIGTinfotech: 5:50pm On May 25, 2016
Lmao. Funny Homo-sapiens.

2 Likes

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by AxeurdaddyIX: 5:50pm On May 25, 2016
What's the meaning of this one now undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by SincereBigot: 5:50pm On May 25, 2016
why should states even maintain a presidential lodge? from tax payers money? I commend Peter obi for the decision he took then.

he just indirectly shaded buhari and his sponsors.. but still do not be fooled o.. obi is not a saint

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by DifferentBoy1(m): 5:51pm On May 25, 2016
Bravo
Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by datopaper(m): 5:51pm On May 25, 2016
Is a lie

1 Like

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by fulfillment2020(m): 5:52pm On May 25, 2016
This one follow for the news?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:52pm On May 25, 2016
Mtchew,i just booked space for nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 25, 2016
Great Effort!

4 Likes

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by twentyk(m): 5:54pm On May 25, 2016
In his efforts to curb systemic waste and ensure accountability in governance“I told him, ‘Mr president, you can come in the morning and go in the evening because I don’t have a place for you to stay.......
SEE HOW TO ENSURE ACCOUNTABILITY IN GOVERNANCE.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by Olukokosir(m): 5:54pm On May 25, 2016
D money he saved wz use in upgrading Roads in Anambra..

Foolish fellow cha

3 Likes

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by Rencent(m): 5:54pm On May 25, 2016
Lol. Mr dreamer.....some flat headed people will believe him

2 Likes

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 25, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by DMLords: 5:56pm On May 25, 2016
see space booking for here.

anyway, I don't see how that relates with leadership. you not being able to maintain a presidential lodge is bad leadership.

how could they have you speak to the youths on leadership?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by Teejayphillip(m): 5:57pm On May 25, 2016
Peter Obi who u epp?

Why explain n lament afta a long very longtime?..

All dis our leader,trying to spill out irrelevant talk @times....

Onto the next topic abeg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by Taryur3(m): 5:57pm On May 25, 2016
Lols...then, Ali baba the comedian will not forgive you Peter Obi.He is the comedian Obasanjo love to travel with whenever he is going on state visitation.for him to sleep over,there most be a night show that he will like Ali baba to handle...that guy chop under Obasanjo no be small.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by nkowaputa(m): 5:57pm On May 25, 2016
cheesy
Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by Cadamlk: 5:58pm On May 25, 2016
Does that make you a saint? You still remain a political vampire of Anambra treasury.

Saving money to steal money.

It is only in Nigeria you hear"What is your profession?" The man will answer."Am a politician". When has politics become a profession if not that you want to steal money?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by datGuyJoo: 6:03pm On May 25, 2016
obj: Ladies, I have something for you ...

Re: Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money by chacoonder(m): 6:03pm On May 25, 2016
They are all looters..Mr Obi, where did you get the money you used in building the largest private mall (NEXT,abuja) in the country from?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shettima, Governors Visit President Tinubu In Lagos For Christmas / Amotekun: Malami Denies Outlawing Security Outfit, Claims Misinterpretation / Chibok Schoolgirl, Saratu Dauda, Escapes After 9 Years In Boko Haram Captivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.