Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Dont's Of A First Time Date - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Dont's Of A First Time Date (366 Views)

7 Things To Avoid When Meeting A Girl For The First Time / 16 Pictures You Can Relate To During Your First Time Of Wooing A Lady / How To Meet Her First Time With Boldness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dont's Of A First Time Date by wintersnow(m): 1:52pm On May 25, 2016
1. Maintain your information boundaries. Even though your long-term goal may be to establish a “we,” you must remember you are still an “I.” On the first date, you don’t want to be an “open book.” Save your personal information for later when the foundations of trust and intimacy have been established... for girls don't be like "I had just 4 abortions"

2. Create a balance between the two “I’s. Your “I” is aiming for a peek into your date’s “I” to determine the possibility of a second date. Listen to your date and show interest. Likewise, bring yourself honestly to the table by sharing what you want your date to know about you. You shouldn’t wait passively for your date to run the show. Regardless of who initiated the meet, take control by asking questions that will give you insight into their character. However, it is important to be mindful that your inquiries could prompt your date to ask the same of you, so try not to ask a question you wouldn’t be willing to answer in return.

3. Before your date, do a little soul searching. Be honest about what kind of a partner you are looking for and what kind of partner you can be.

4. Be authentic and real. You are asking (and anticipating) honesty and some level of transparency from your date, to which you should offer the same. This does not, however, mean you must share your darkest secrets. " Dangote works under my dad... my mum makes cakes for the president... my sister is a back up Singer for beyonce... my brother is a pilot

5. Be calm, not overly emotional or dramatic. While it’s healthy to emote, over-dramatization can be viewed as a turn-off. More often than not, keeping yourself relaxed will put your date at ease as well and open the door for a more open and honest discussion.... "I wanna feel your soft palm..Nah bread?? First time date!

6. Reveal your strengths, not your weaknesses. People want to see what’s good about a potential partner, so make sure you do yourself justice. It’s okay to sell your positives, so long as you don’t seem boastful. " I can't stand the sight of a cockroach"... 9ja girl..smh

7. Be polite and considerate. Nothing kills a date faster than rudeness. Remember, if you’re expecting your date to conduct themselves in a certain manner, you should exhibit that same behavior in return... "common pass me the saviet "

Now let’s look at things you should definitely not reveal at first meetings.

1. Do not talk about your ex(es). It is best not to resurrect the wrongs of your past relationships because you can inadvertently reflect light on possible previous mistakes. Besides, you are looking to move forward, not back. "Chai my ex normally carries me on his back and spins me" wtf!

2. Don’t mention your finances. You want your date to get to know your personality, beliefs and values, and in turn, find attractiveness in them, not your income earning potential. "Do you know how much this my watch cost"

3. Stay away from boasting about your children, if you have them. If the relationship moves forward, your date will be given the opportunity to meet your children and form his/her own views. "My daughter won Cowbell mathematics competition "

4. Do not discuss sexual practices or experiences with past loves. A first date is not the appropriate time to discuss these topics. This is something that should be broached as the relationship progresses and you find yourself ready to be intimate. " I love hitting from it from behind "

5. Don’t talk about how miserable and lonely you are. That is a huge turn-off and should be kept between you and your therapist or trusted friend. You also run the risk of appearing “desperate” or “looking for a relationship for the wrong reasons.”

6. Discussing health issues and physical ailments are a no-no. That will land you in the “problem child” category. Everyone has issues of their own to handle, and a first date is not the place to air them. "I broke my ass bone when I was a kid"

7. Avoid the following topics: special diets and arrest records. Need I say more?for guys you're not scofield

In Summary:

Do: Take charge of your first date by presenting yourself as a desirable person. Share what is good and positive about you and your life and be open to learning all you can about your date.

Don’t: Do not attend a first date as a “victim”… of a bad marriage, a painful childhood, financial problems or ill health.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Kate Ugonma Peter / All I Need Is A Good Mature Female Friend. / I Need Young Female Friend In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.