Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. (23968 Views)

Nigeria’s Split Looms – Southern Leaders Warn Buhari / Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw / Umahi: We Don’t Want Fulani Herdsmen To Leave Our Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:27pm On May 25, 2016
By Emma Amaize and Egufe Yafugbor‎hi

WARRI – ITSEKIRI leaders in Warri, Delta State, Wednesday, handed a strict warning to the Niger Delta Avengers, NDA, the militant group that had claimed responsibility for the series of bombings on oil installations in the state, lately, to avoid Itsekiri land. Itsekiri Leaders of Thought, ILoT, an umbrella body of the Itsekiri ethnic group, gave the notice in a statement by the secretary, Mr. Edward Ekpoko and two others.

The leaders said: “We watched with surprise and anger the re-emergence and/or increase in insurgency in Warri area in particular the Niger Delta in general by a group, which calls itself the Niger Delta Avengers.”

“Its goal as claimed, among others, is to cripple the Nigerian economy if their selfish demands are not met. True to its promise between February and now major oil & gas pipelines have been vandalized bringing down our oil production to 1.65million bpd as against the 2.2million bpd estimated 2016 budget, the lowest in 22years “Following these unpleasant developments, the Itsekiri Leaders of Thought met and took the following resolutions: That the Itsekiri ethnic nationality condemns the criminal activities of the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) and dissociates itself from the demands of the group.

“We can say that no Itsekiri person is a member of this nefarious group and we call on all our sons and daughters to assist the military and other law-enforcement agencies in arresting these criminal activities,” the leaders asserted.

According to them: “Niger Delta Region is not the home to ijaw ethnic nationality alone; several others including the Itsekiri, Urhobo, Bini, Ikwerre, Ibibio, Anang, Efik etc. are occupying it and most of the vandalized oil and gas facilities so far are on Itsekiri land. We warn those behind this heinous crime to leave off Itsekiri land.”

They also noted, “The agenda of the group is selfish and self-serving and does not have the support of the well-meaning people of the Niger Delta.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/leave-land-itsekiri-leaders-warn-niger-delta-avengers/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 25, 2016
After reading this epistle, I have come to a conclusion that the NDA are truly not well meaning to we Niger deltans... destroying our lands is not an act of wisdom... I used to be in support of these their attacks when I thought it was a good motive... But right now it seems like they're just trying to cause havoc... Same way BH did in Jonathan's administration..like an act of payback. But we're actually doing ourselves and not the government. we should not forget that buhari's administration would come and go.... Then what next?...These pipelines runs through lands ..probably/mostly used as farmlands and when they're blown up ,it may end up causing that area to be unfruitful and as we all know they're so many farmers in all these regions.. At the end,,who is affected?.. Is it buhari or our brothers??....just like this isekiri leaders said... Their motive for all these has turned selfish... Let's try to access issues with wisdom!

145 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by hummerwise(m): 2:34pm On May 25, 2016
atleast some group r going against them..
i just dont really understand why some people will still be happy and supporting this vandals call Niger Delta Avengers...
almost everyone from that region in lagos here are happy that they r blowing up the pipelines...

i just wonder if some of the hausas had given there support to BokoHaram... am quite sure this people wud av been asking for their heads...

the common man is the only one suffering from all this illiterate acts..
if they think they r torturing the govt by blowing up the pipelines... they shud av a rethink....
Avengers my foot

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by Kondomatic(m): 2:51pm On May 25, 2016
Abia!!!!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by MrAnalyst: 2:57pm On May 25, 2016
When money changes hands even miracles happen. Tomorrow even the Avengers can come and tell us Buhari is a messiah.

10 Likes

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 25, 2016
cool
Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by macluvph1(m): 3:10pm On May 25, 2016
Op the group you mentioned in your write up are inconsequential.

The 97% percent people should look for what to feed on

While the 5% percent people should have their oil.

As far as am concerned ILOT are compromised individuals representing the FG interest to continue with their exploitation, they don't speak for us.

The people above me that commented in support of the so called ILOT are yoruba people crying more than the berieved.

SAY NO TO PARASITIC CONSUMERS.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by rapistbuhari: 4:22pm On May 25, 2016
I blame the Ijaw who gave strangers that migrated from yoruba land an empathetic settlement in warri.

Now they are claiming to be the owners of your table land. A tribe whose entire population is not up to 300,000 now claiming warri.

They are number 1, in the list of those who sabotage our effort for equity closely followed by the Urhobo.

However, it is worthy of note that their threats are empty. If they like, let them stay behind.

We are heading towards freedom. And will surely get there

Itsekiris have No Exclusive Right to any land in Delta because they share same with Ijaws and Urhobos especially Warri even as you have Olu of Itsekiri.

If itsekiris are not comfortable with Niger Delta Avengers please let them flock off to Ogun state

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 25, 2016
TANoid = Ipobians = Avengers.
Bunch of hopeless despicable criminals
This is no brainer for the wise.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by macluvph1(m): 4:30pm On May 25, 2016
rhemmiedream:

Yiboe man forming nigerdeltan...parasitic leeches oshi !!

I pity you because you are ignorant, yes i am an Ikwerre man which is part of igbo. i can't deny that, it was before that you people told us different stories about our brothers in the south east but now NO NO!!!.

I am a confirm nwodiele,so you can now go and hang yourself.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by kernel501: 4:39pm On May 25, 2016
hummerwise:
atleast some group r going against them..
i just dont really understand why some people will still be happy and supporting this vandals call Niger Delta Avengers...
almost everyone from that region in lagos here are happy that they r blowing up the pipelines...

i just wonder if some of the hausas had given there support to BokoHaram... am quite sure this people wud av been asking for their heads...

the common man is the only one suffering from all this illiterate acts..
if they think they r torturing the govt by blowing up the pipelines... they shud av a rethink....
Avengers my foot

Sorry if l say you sound like a child. If the North didn't give them support, how did they survive? ... They started by bombing churches, and Northern elders supported them, now they've turned to mosque, and Northerners are clean.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by oduastates: 4:44pm On May 25, 2016
rapistbuhari:
I blame the Ijaw who gave strangers that migrated from yoruba land an empathetic settlement in warri.

Now they are claiming to be the owners of your table land. A tribe whose entire population is not up to 300,000 now claiming warri.

They are number 1, in the list of those who sabotage our effort for equity closely followed by the Urhobo.

However, it is worthy of note that their threats are empty. If they like, let them stay behind.

We are heading towards freedom. And will surely get there

Itsekiris have No Exclusive Right to any land in Delta because they share same with Ijaws and Urhobos especially Warri even as you have Olu of Itsekiri.

If itsekiris are not comfortable with Niger Delta Avengers please let them flock off to Ogun state

What is this one saying

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by Progressive01(m): 4:47pm On May 25, 2016
We know who those criminals are- their demands revealed the faces behind the mask.

Thank God the maggot's appeal at the zoo court was thrown out today. His appointed crooks can go ahead and bomb their mama's kitchen for all the zoo cares.

It is but just a matter of time before they run out of things to bomb in the Delta and return to their native lands and reduce it to another Bama!!

Nansense.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by Progressive01(m): 4:50pm On May 25, 2016
Just look how they're avoiding the thread like a decomposing corpse.

Keneking, please come and call your friend.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by rapistbuhari: 4:55pm On May 25, 2016
WIZGUY69:

With the gibberish you posted, there is no doubt that your brain is filled with Abasha grin

Oya sniff your armpit for a job well done cool

9 Likes

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 25, 2016
macluvph1:

As far as am concerned ILOT are compromised individuals representing the FG interest to continue with their exploitation, they don't speak for us.

The people above me that commented in support of the so called ILOT are yoruba people crying more than the berieved.

bros.. I'm not YORUBA and I'll never claim what I'm not.. I'm entitled to my opinion just same way you are..if you check my previous comments on threads pertaining to this issue you'll see that at first I was in support of NDA actions.. But not anymore.the fact that we don't agree on an issue does not give you the right to call me YORUBA...

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by hummerwise(m): 4:58pm On May 25, 2016
kernel501:

Sorry if l say you sound like a child. If the North didn't give them support, how did they survive? ... They started by bombing churches, and Northern elders supported them, now they've turned to mosque, and Northerners are clean.
sorry if i say you sound stoopid... you just sounded like yu r in support of those vandals blowing up the pipelines....
wen yu chat wif me on sensitive issues like this, yu come wif an evidence or fact...
wea r the evidence that the north indeed surported them..

6 Likes

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by Bari22: 4:58pm On May 25, 2016
It is good for them, all communities that host avengers should know that they are comitting suicide, a single bullet can't differenciate between militant and humble itsekiri, sort them out and expel them from your communities. Just an advice!!!

7 Likes

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by WIZGUY69(m): 4:59pm On May 25, 2016
rapistbuhari:

Oya sniff your armpit for a job well done cool

Mkpi grin
Just imagine the way he carry buhari matter for head. You think buhari is okpa, that you can be hawking anyhow?
Don't just die of frustration.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by EasternLeopard: 4:59pm On May 25, 2016
These traitors should tell the world if the demands of NDA are not fair.

Nonsense angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by tsdarkside(m): 5:03pm On May 25, 2016
KillerFrost:
After reading this epistle, I have come to a conclusion that the NDA are truly not well meaning to we Niger deltans... destroying our lands is not an act of wisdom... I used to be in support of these their attacks when I thought it was a good motive... But right now it seems like they're just trying to cause havoc... Same way BH did in Jonathan's administration..like an act of payback. But we're actually doing ourselves and not the government. we should not forget that buhari's administration would come and go.... Then what next?...These pipelines runs through lands ..probably/mostly used as farmlands and when they're blown up ,it may end up causing that area to be unfruitful and as we all know they're so many farmers in all these regions.. At the end,,who is affected?.. Is it buhari or our brothers??....just like this isekiri leaders said... Their motive for all these has turned selfish... Let's try to access issues with wisdom!

una have start to wake up....4 years ago you would be cheering this guys like no be small...
this guys are not nigerians...they are bandits...period.....
the are payed and equipped by colonialists.....

we say make una first build out your army before restructuring your economie,una said no,una need to first better your image by the colonialits....this is foolishness in the highest order.......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by rapistbuhari: 5:09pm On May 25, 2016
WIZGUY69:

Mkpi grin
Just imagine the way he carry buhari matter for head. You think buhari is okpa, that you can be hawking anyhow?
Don't just die of frustration.

Onye ori.....

you will soon be apprehended as usual

3 Likes

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by dragonking2: 5:12pm On May 25, 2016
macluvph1:

Why dont you let the NDA come to Imo and Anambra state and blow up all the pipe lines there? You guys just want them to destroy our land because of Kanu...Nothing more...We know that their mission is also funded partially by IPOB as IPOB is weak to fight for themselves.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by dragonking2: 5:18pm On May 25, 2016
EasternLeopard:
These traitors should tell the world if the demands of NDA are not fair.

Nonsense angry
I checked their demands, and i score it 30%...Majority of their demands are just too dumb and inconsequential..They didnt even request for development in the Niger Delta region. Thats the most annoying thing, hence other niger deltans will be against them. I am a deltan, and am no longer in support of the destruction of our land.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by kernel501: 5:26pm On May 25, 2016
hummerwise:

sorry if i say you sound stoopid... you just sounded like yu r in support of those vandals blowing up the pipelines....
wen yu chat wif me on sensitive issues like this, yu come wif an evidence or fact...
wea r the evidence that the north indeed surported them..

Which school graduated you ? ... you sound like a Harbard University graduate, sorry l mean to Harvard.

3 Likes

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by Macelliot(m): 5:34pm On May 25, 2016
rhemmiedream:

Yiboe man forming nigerdeltan...parasitic leeches oshi !!
Ignorance is bad.
How does he being an Igbo man stops him from being a Niger-deltan(south-south)?

Igbo constitutes large percent of the Niger-delta.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by hummerwise(m): 5:35pm On May 25, 2016
kernel501:

Which school graduated you ? ... you sound like a Harbard University graduate, sorry l mean to Harvard.
atleast i attended one
but you sound so stack illiterate and bereaved of any form of a sane mind... which actually shows you neva attended any form secondary school,public or private, going by ur previous comments..
come at me again, am dying waiting for ur next vacuous comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by refiner(f): 5:40pm On May 25, 2016
undecided......speechless!
Re: Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. by Jambsupport(f): 5:40pm On May 25, 2016
Their fight is meaningless

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Details Of Osinbajo’s Meeting With Governors, Security Chiefs Emerge / Wedding Of General Yakubu Gowon In 1969 (Video) / No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.