Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 (102533 Views)

Nairalanders Iftaar (kaduna Edition Season 1) / Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2015 / .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2009
walelamina:

Thats Really gr8 and thats one of Wt Allah has saked us to do,,,I am a muslim and i stay at Ajah,,,thomas Estate,,,i wud actually suggest you do it in your house,,,,mama cass is not the best for us to gather,,,we cant pray there if after the iftar,,,do u get mi point,,,ramadan karrem
VI is more reasonable. Ajah traffic is hellish. It will be inconvenient for majority of people.
There are two mosques around that area where we can conveniently say our prayers: We have a mosque at 13th floor, Zenon house and another at the back of Zenon house. This is just opposite Mama Cass.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2009
fizzybaba:

given the number of confirmed attendees, i suggest we make effort to publicise this thread.

the plentier, the merrier

May Allah make it easy
Which other publicity? It has graced the home-page already?
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by fizzybaba(m): 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2009
walelamina:

Thats Really gr8 and thats one of Wt Allah has saked us to do,,,I am a muslim and i stay at Ajah,,,thomas Estate,,,i wud actually suggest you do it in your house,,,,mama cass is not the best for us to gather,,,we cant pray there if after the iftar,,,do u get mi point,,,ramadan karrem

I Suppose the poster must have taken that into consideration

i am particularly not familiar with the venue but getting a praying ground shouldnt be a challenge.

worst case scenario is a change of venue not outright cancellation of the programme
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by fizzybaba(m): 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2009
Which other publicity? It has graced the home-page already?

good
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Maleeq(m): 5:36pm On Aug 24, 2009
Salam Alaykum,

Jazakallahu firdaus.

Very nice initiative. Insha Allah, I will be there.

Ma salam.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Aremugangan(m): 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2009
And where else should i be if not in a gathering of the successful? Insha Allahu, i'm in, 08025253197 is ma #. May Allah spare our lives and reward us abundantly. Amin.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 24, 2009
[tr][td]I hereby formally announce arrangement for Nairalanders Iftaar(Joint breaking of fast):

DATE: Friday, Ramadan 7/August 28
TIME 6.00-7.45PM: Convergence starts 6:00pm
VENUE: Mama Cass Restaurant, opposite Zenon House, by Eko Hotel roundabout, Ajose Adeogun street,VI. If you are coming by public transport, from Obalende or CMS board a bus to Eko hotel and stop at final bus stop(Eko hotel roundabout). The venue is just few metres to the roundabout.
PROGRAMS:
-6.00-6.10: Arrival/Convergence/Seating
-6.10-6.15: Opening Remarks (Moderator)
-6.15-6.30: Faces behind the IDs (Introduction: Real names, occupation, marital status etc)
-6.30-6.45: Short sermon( Topic: Islamic brotherhood. Anybody to discuss)
-6.45:6.55: Pre-Mongrib Iftaar(Dates, fruits, water etc)
-6.55-7.10: Monghrib
-7.10-7.40: Real Iftaar(Food be served by Mama Cass) with discussions going side by side
-7.40-7.45: Dispersal

CONFIRMED ATTENDEES:
Jarus
oyb
javalove
abbeydot
sheuzee
yemi22
ibrodex
alimat2
ajibawealt
wholex
Fizzybaba
Biliamin
Luqmangiw
Igbalajobi

Need more info? Do not hesitate to call me on 08061198625.
[/td][/tr]

Salam,
What a co-incidence. I'd love to join for the iftar so i will have the opportunity to the see the faces behind the ID's but i will be in ILORIN on friday ISHALLAH. I'd love if it could be reshceduled,but if can't reschedule May ALLAH (S.W.T.) Reward you abundantly in this life and the life to come.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Aremugangan(m): 5:57pm On Aug 24, 2009
If there is anybody i would love to meet, then its ABUZOLA but its so unfortunate.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by adybabs: 5:58pm On Aug 24, 2009
@ jarus,

congratulations on this beautiful idea. the programme as suggested by you is ok. God knows we can actually expand afterwards. next could be grouped into zones for convinience.
remain blessed.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by sherrylo: 6:09pm On Aug 24, 2009
Well brother that is definitely a very good thing and I think it is the first on NL right?may Allah bless and reward you accordingly.Would have love to be there and share.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by coolguyz(m): 6:41pm On Aug 24, 2009
@all

will be attending!

ramadan kareem
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2009
Jarus. Yesterday was your birthday wasn't it? grin
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Lagosboy: 10:41pm On Aug 24, 2009
Anyone out there in the UK interetsed iin something similar. London might be an ideal location.

@Abuzola
I don miss u too my personal person and i will love you to attend the event. Just taken the backsit a bit due to personal reasons.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by showbobo(m): 12:39am On Aug 25, 2009
I also stay in Ajah Brother Jarus and i understand the pathetic traffic situation here. . . Mama Cass too aight bad. . . I'm gonna be there anyway. . . 6pm prompt. . . I'm IN cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mah Sallam
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Abuzola(m): 5:38am On Aug 25, 2009
@lagosboy, i can't be there you can compare the distant, today i saw hell in traffic jam due to fasting, people were in a hurry to get home and have their iftar at home. And you know lagos and security issue. If you can make it i will surely endeavour to be there too. Smile
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by jobman: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2009
Salam,

this is a nice idea, I wish I could join you but unfortunately I am in Abuja, I also want to contribute with my suggestion, Please find a space for the Maghrib prayer in your agenda and hopefully go there with your praying mats or you could look around for a Mosque (look out for any "Mallam"). Best regards, may AllH ccept our fasting and prayers.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by ajibawealt(m): 9:50am On Aug 25, 2009
Asalam Alaekum, I'd like to suggest rescheduling the event to Saturday, 29 August, this will give most of us the opportunity to enjoy the rewards of joint Iftaar and also the volume of traffic would be less for some of us staying on the mainland. Except the date, then every other arrangements I think is OK by me.

Maa salam
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by tainot2002(m): 9:51am On Aug 25, 2009
@jarule

may Allah reward you for this idea and love you show to your fellow muslim brothers and sisters.

I can afford to miss all my fellow brothers and sisters here.

Ma'salam
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 25, 2009
ajibawealt:

[b]Asalam Alaekum, I'd like to suggest rescheduling the event to Saturday, 29 August, this will give most of us the opportunity to enjoy the rewards of joint Iftaar and also the volume of traffic would be less for some of us staying on the mainland. Except the date, then every other arrangements I think is OK by me.[/b]Maa salam
I understand Saturday will be a better choice, but I personally will not be available on this date as I have to be in Kaduna first flight Saturday morning insha Allah.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by muhsin(m): 11:47am On Aug 25, 2009
@Abuzola,

I personally fathomed something from your posts on this thread. You tacitly turn-down that invite because of no concrete reason but. . . Get off that paranoiac feeling, bros. Nothing go chop u there. grin grin grin

Am just kidding. Don't take my words so serious.

Wish you brothers and sisters all the best. And big kudos to Jarus.

Ramadhan Kareem!
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by aneesah(m): 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2009
Sallam Jaru,

I hope the list is not closed yet?

May Allah reward you for your initiative.

Masallam.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by meekas(m): 4:21pm On Aug 25, 2009
I'm in on this one. Jarus may The almighty Allah reward u aplenty. I might come a little late though, but insha Allah i go make am.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by bolseas(f): 4:34pm On Aug 25, 2009
@ Jarus, wa aleikum salam,

to all Assalam aleikum,

this is a very good idea, wish abujans could also have this kind of gathering.

may Allah continue to enrich the organisers (amin) Jarus especially.

Maa Salaam
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by javalove(m): 5:47pm On Aug 25, 2009
bolseas:

@ Jarus, wa aleikum salam,

to all Assalam aleikum,

this is a very good idea, wish abujans could also have this kind of gathering.

may Allah continue to enrich the organisers (amin) Jarus especially.

Maa Salaam

wont be in abj till next week Insha Allah. . .

we cud do something like this too on my bill !!!!!!!! Thing is how many Abujans are on baord? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Syvalam(m): 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2009
I will be there too by Allah's Leave bro jarus i reside in Lagos Island
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by javalove(m): 7:21pm On Aug 25, 2009
Syvalam:

I will be there too by Allah's Leave bro jarus i reside in Lagos Island

i reside in lagos island too. phase 2 precisely
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Aremugangan(m): 9:55pm On Aug 25, 2009
@javalove, phase 3 is my abode. I dey c phase 2 from my parlour. May i know dis i.d better? Dis is more than an ifar, its gonna be a platform 4everybody 2meet people we never knew we know(behind the scene).
@muhsin, i wan consider wetin you talk but i feel ma broda(pain) pain. Going back home myt be like hell. But Abuzola, isn't there any other alternative? BRT for instance?
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Abuzola(m): 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2009
@aremugangan, you also one of the person am earnestly wanna meet. There are many reason why i can't make it and one of them is traffic jam, midnight journey is not safe for me and you can consider the distance. But sincerely i have no intention of going like muhsin said due to my own reasons.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Bashbaba(m): 8:45am On Aug 26, 2009
@Abuzola.

Salam.Feel free to go for the iftar.These your pple you always deal with on Nairaland will not come to lay ambush  for you there.Even if they do,Remember the Prophetic excape from Mekka to Madina al-Munawara.It can still happen lol.If the pressure is too much on you,you can disguise under my ID.When u are out of the venue,we can now declare ur real IDENTITY.We need to see u in that pics about to be taken bro.I need to see that face behind that fearful ID.PERSONA GRATA, Ramadan Mubarak

Just pulling your legs sha!
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by meekas(m): 9:47am On Aug 26, 2009
SO javalove and aremugangan are my neighbors . It is now very ok! I live at Odunfa. Javalove must Usman Jaji's Brother
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by ronkeenuf(f): 10:41am On Aug 26, 2009
@ Jarus, great idea. May Allah reward you abundantly and all of those that will be present. Its a pity I won't be able to attend even though I live in Lagos :sad sad, like Abuzola, trafic won't let me. Anyways, I wish you all have a good time. wink
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by alimat2(f): 11:19am On Aug 26, 2009
@Abu,

No excuse u must attend and if u cant make it back then u spend the nigth with jarus and leave very early grin,

Aremugangan:

@javalove, phase 3 is my abode. I dey c phase 2 from my parlour. May i know dis i.d better? Dis is more than an ifar, its gonna be a platform 4everybody 2meet people we never knew we know(behind the scene).

I also stay in the island (Freeman street)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply)

Arewa Big Boys Pose With Exotic Cars To Celebrate Eid Mubarak(photos+videos) / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity / 81 Ways To Win Your Husband's Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.