Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos (1803 Views)

As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic / Pls Help With Number Of A Good Mechanic In Ibadan For Volks Passat 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos by abidemidare: 3:28pm On May 25, 2016
Very good mechanic needed for ringing and cylinders replacement for Honda accord 2011 model in lagos. Kindly help sirs

Contact me 08097227816 and 08062466118
Re: Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos by nurey(m): 4:02pm On May 25, 2016
Why don't you just save and buy a tokunbo engine, you will not be happy with the end result after spending a lot of fortune on this white elephant ponzi scheme project.

Except if you order the piston rings, cylinder head and the right tools are used to fit the piston in, shape it to the right angle and also measure compression. Let the gurus give you the remaining terminologies

Cc gazzuzz, Kingreign, siena, egunmogaji and co
If this guy goes ahead and waste money on the project, it's possible I grieve more than the bereaved

1 Like

Re: Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 25, 2016
nurey:
Why don't you just save and buy a tokunbo engine, you will not be happy with the end result after spending a lot of fortune on this white elephant ponzi scheme project.

Except if you order the piston rings, cylinder head and the right tools are used to fit the piston in, shape it to the right angle and also measure compression. Let the gurus give you the remaining terminologies

Cc gazzuzz, Kingreign, siena, egunmogaji and co
If this guy goes ahead and waste money on the project, it's possible I grieve more than the bereaved

I disagree with you, depending on the engine, ringing is a much better option if done well.

Americans call it engine reconditioning, its a detailed process involving cylinder re boring, to get the right size of rings ,pistons, the crankshaft can be cut if it is found wanting.

Buying a used engine is a gamble, you dont know the condition of an engine until you mount in on a car and start it.

Its becos we no longer have skilled mechanics as we used to that people resort to buying used engines, just playing Russian roulette cos the engine you bought could be a worn engine.

5 Likes

Re: Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos by abidemidare: 4:44pm On May 25, 2016
kaeforum:

I disagree with you, depending on the engine, ringing is a much better option if done well.

Americans call it engine reconditioning, its a detailed process involving cylinder re boring, to get the right size of rings ,pistons, the crankshaft can be cut if it is found wanting.

Buying a used engine is a gamble, you dont know the condition of an engine until you mount in on a car and start it.

Its becos we no longer have skilled mechanics as we used to that people resort to buying used engines, just playing Russian roulette cos the engine you bought could be a worn engine.

thanks bro. The smoke is too much
Re: Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:52pm On May 25, 2016
kaeforum:

not quite so, I ran the vin of the last engine before I paid for it, it came off a salvaged car, rear ended really badly, mileage was 55,000miles grin The recipient car came with 65,000miles but I feel it was tampered with. There are different ways of buying used engines, and so far I have had no regrets.
Re: Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos by diportivo: 7:01pm On May 25, 2016
kaeforum:

Its becos we no longer have skilled mechanics as we used to that people resort to buying used engines

This right here is d real deal
Re: Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:08pm On May 25, 2016
diportivo:

This right here is d real deal

OEM parts are very very very expensive. There was a time when original parts were easy to get, have you tried asking for the price of a set of pistons for a 1zz-fe fe engine? Or engine bearings? Or oil rings? By the time you are thru with parts it would have gotten you a toks 1zz-engine stripped from a salvaged car at 23,000km (iv installed 1 before) by the time you add labour to the wrap sheet it will become a really expensive deal. Rebuilding is better but not cost effective. Knowing how to buy an engine is key.
Re: Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos by diportivo: 7:16pm On May 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

, have you tried asking for the price of a set of pistons for a 1zz-fe fe engine? .

Oga mi,humour me some more abeg grin

Novice like me will be asking for piston?

Even generator piston sef,i no sabi which is which grin

I believe a good mecho shld tell his customer the koko about this things....i understand all u av written,and i av known abt it for a while

Everything isnt abt saving costs.using substandard parts wont even save any cost at d end of the day,and some mecho still go ahead to ring engines with them

How ph bros?...ur guy loyal o
Re: Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos by Nobody: 8:43am On May 31, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

not quite so, I ran the vin of the last engine before I paid for it, it came off a salvaged car, rear ended really badly, mileage was 55,000miles grin The recipient car came with 65,000miles but I feel it was tampered with. There are different ways of buying used engines, and so far I have had no regrets.

Remember i said theres a 50 50 chance of getting a good used engine, you ve been lucky so far.

1 Like

Re: Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos by honmusa(m): 12:22pm On May 31, 2016
kaeforum:

Remember i said theres a 50 50 chance of getting a good used engine, you ve been lucky so far.
50 50 chance is for people that are not skilled and are not knowledgeable enough to the right test to conduct to determine the condition of the engine you are buying.
I have recorded 100 % accuracy in all the engine I have been buying so far since more than 5 years !!!!!
Invest in the required knowledge and skill and you will see far into any dark tunnel!!!!!
Re: Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:34pm On May 31, 2016
kaeforum:

my village people have been unlucky grin
Re: Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos by honmusa(m): 1:06pm On May 31, 2016
kaeforum:

Re: Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos by sultaan(m): 3:00pm On May 31, 2016
2011 and the engine is done already?

I hope you know the engine is not necessarily bad when it smoke

Engine emission might be faulty coupled with bad lubrication
Re: Very Good Mechanic Needed For Ringing And Cylnders Replacement In Lagos by Nyceguy92: 12:24am On Jun 01, 2016
[quote author=abidemidare post=45959127]

Is it because the car smokes that you want to replace the engine?
How does it it drive?

Smoking in a car can be due to several reasons.
What is the colour of the smoke?Black, white, etc?

If engine oil is leaking into your exhaust system, car will emit smoke.
You have to research very well to pin down the cause of the smoking before you do anything further.

However, if need be and you see a competent mechanic, I prefer engine rebuild to buying a Tokunbo engine.

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Features Of N577m Armored Mercedes-maybach S 600 Pullman Guard / See How A Little Turn Flipped A Mercedes Benz Coupe Sideways At A Roundabout / My Neighbor Put His Highlander On Neutral And Towed It To The House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.