Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos (80980 Views)

I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! / See What I Saw In A Tin Tomato! We Just Need To Be Careful / The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by richiepolymer(m): 7:10pm On May 25, 2016
Its no news that during the rains tomatoes gets scarce and expensive not minding whoever is in the seat of power. Its all on us to develop ways on how to improve our agric extension, stop all the illegal taxes and extortion too.

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by joseph1013: 7:14pm On May 25, 2016
TeeFeh:
So I went to a shop where they sell tomatoes and pepper and they said this costs 1000 I actually thought she was joking until she started to frown when I was actually laughing out loud and she insisted on 1k,so I took a picture of it with my Tecno L8 device immediately!!

Please is this what you guys are experiencing too?I haven't cooked for 3months now and I came back to my food life and met this?

What's the best alternative please?
Is the dried tomatoes good?even Gino is now #100 and it used to be #50

When I was in Jos, I used to buy this for N50

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by ihatesycophant(m): 7:16pm On May 25, 2016
Mr. Guy, it depends on where you are but if you're in my environment then you're the biggest lie because the price of goods have not gone the way you depicted it.
Femiwilli:
Nigerians are suffering under this dullard

The only thing B00hari & APC are good for are

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Nellybii: 7:18pm On May 25, 2016
Femiwilli:

All these wahala you did for 5naira.
Guy find a better job fast. This is slave labor. gringrin

2 Likes

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by ehissi(m): 7:18pm On May 25, 2016
TeeFeh:
So I went to a shop where they sell tomatoes and pepper and they said this costs 1000 I actually thought she was joking until she started to frown when I was actually laughing out loud and she insisted on 1k,so I took a picture of it with my Tecno L8 device immediately!!

Please is this what you guys are experiencing too?I haven't cooked for 3months now and I came back to my food life and met this?

Bros, should in case you never know. Na yahoo boys now, na e dey cook stew with fresh tomatoes Ooooooh!!

Of which for my side, that one whey she give you so, na promo. That kind tomatoes for my area na #1500 last with much begging gon.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 25, 2016
AFRICAS FASTEST GROWING ECONOMY JUST LAST YEAR.. NOW WE ARE ABOUT TO DIE FROM BROKENESS sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by ChukwuIbrahim: 7:27pm On May 25, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
noticed
PAINMENT!

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by thexzy(m): 7:28pm On May 25, 2016
Femiwilli:

The funniest thing is that when I now go to eat in the Restaurant in NSK, the sales girl will keep reciting "Bag of Rice is now 17K" as if na memory Verse and will present you with N50 rice against N250 that u'll pay......This change dey pain person for body ooo

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by avril9(f): 7:29pm On May 25, 2016
TeeFeh:

hmmmm

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by djblue007(m): 7:31pm On May 25, 2016
It's high time we looked for a substitute for tomatoes. it's getting quite unbearable. Everything is now unaffordable by a common man and meanwhile salaries are being owed. This man has failed!

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:32pm On May 25, 2016
ChukwuIbrahim:
PAINMENT!
pain ke

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by valslove8715(f): 7:33pm On May 25, 2016
Big lie, but tomato is a seasonal vegetable. Some few months ago tomatoes was very cheap n I don't think it was GEJ that was the president then. Op please stop been pathetic.
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Welcomme: 7:39pm On May 25, 2016
TeeFeh:

I bought two of those plates 300naira in zaria and I was complaining that it was too small thinking d man cheated me. Which way for this country?

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by OKUCHI11(m): 7:39pm On May 25, 2016
mrvitalis:
Some fools calling APC?? joke apart this has shown how myopic Nigerians are
How can u blame the cost of tomatoes on buhari?? Ok I praise him for how cheap onions are??
And Nigerians Are exaggerating the cost of tomatoes, even in Port Harcourt this are 200 so please stop lieing

Why don't the PDP governors construct green houses and plant tomatoes and solve this issue??

This is what u get when a people prefer opening bars to processing garri
When people prefer building hotels to greenhouses
When people prefer build estates than building factory to produce fruit concentrate

Nigerians una never see anything
oooooo indeed u are rationalist thinker..

2 Likes

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by sagieramos(m): 7:39pm On May 25, 2016
niggaz4life:
i dont get it, this is 2016 are there still mahfuggaz who buy fresh tomato ? i last bought fresh tomato 10 years ago. all kinds of canned tomato is available.

most process tomatoes are inoganic. u should stop depending on it otherwise: canser/organs_damage loading... 80%

3 Likes

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by naijaking1: 7:40pm On May 25, 2016
Tomatoes is the new crude oil.
Let's go to farm
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Laid2001: 7:43pm On May 25, 2016
In fact it goes for N150 at Rumuokwurushi market in Portharcourt or even at Elelenwo

maxzzo1:

dis one no even know were market dey....where for ph...?
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by niggaz4life: 7:44pm On May 25, 2016
sagieramos:

most process tomatoes are inoganic. u should stop depending on it otherwise: canser/organs_damage loading... 80%
bros, there is remedy for all that. you have to detoxify the body regularly and you will be OK

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by pwettiejay(f): 7:45pm On May 25, 2016
Do people still buy tomatoes? All I do now is buy pepper and lots of onions, a whole lot, I'm even used to it now, I really don't like the paste
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by ahmedolawale: 7:47pm On May 25, 2016
It is a lie even 200 naira tomatoes is more than that
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by psalmistkakah(m): 7:47pm On May 25, 2016
kindnyce:
Well
Depending on which state u live,i think its relatively cheap down north.

Blame it on tomatoe ebola
Wetin cheap 4 north.....i dey north and tomato scare pass daimomd

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by DifferentBoy1(m): 7:48pm On May 25, 2016
Buhari don rubbish this economy.
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by diva90: 7:48pm On May 25, 2016
tammie24:
And they say tomato ebola is the cause

APC sad

Lol @ tomato Ebola
Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Rexyl(m): 7:55pm On May 25, 2016
Lazy SW people lamenting over high cost of imported tomatoes, likely imported by one nairalander and his friend. The zone has massive agricultural land that is underutilized for crop and animal production. Shame on SW as the people always expect produce from the north. This is the best time for SW state government to receive the challenge and do all within their power to put agriculture in proper shape.

Too bad as the zone couldn't produce year round to feed their people and send out to other States.

2 Likes

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 25, 2016
TeeFeh:

YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A BIG FART FAT LIER angry
Even DEVIL GO FEAR YOUR LIES
THAT SIX PIECES TOMATOES IS 1K.
ONIRO OSHI

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by jenbost: 8:03pm On May 25, 2016
if your wife no get belle, na Buhari cost am?

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by nkpommpko(m): 8:05pm On May 25, 2016
What happened to us Nigerians, gone are the days when we had gardens in our houses, people had little farms, they went to after Work on weekends, in those farms you could pick tomatoes, pepper vegetable etc. telemondo, lazy pyramid schemes, and pinging has taken over.
Ok now tomatoes is 1000 naira.

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by femarse: 8:08pm On May 25, 2016
this is what happen when everyone want to consume and consume and consume and consume nobody ever thinks of manufacturing inshort the madam should sell it 5k have you try to plant tomatoes since the hike in price ?? be it in your backyard or anywhere??I guess not ...you are busy watching gotv then go out there and buy 5 pieces of tomatoes for #100 then return to your TV or your phone while the farmer is busy sweating in the sun

2 Likes

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Fxwarrior: 8:12pm On May 25, 2016
shocked
Oh God have mercy.
APC Change!

Never a day goes by without my asking God for forgiveness , for putting myself, family and loved ones through this mess with my vote.
Never in my life has economy been this bad.

I pray for long life to correct my error of judgement.

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by datigbogirl: 8:14pm On May 25, 2016
TeeFeh:

Is it just a plate or everything dats 1k?

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by Shigobaba(m): 8:17pm On May 25, 2016
High price of tomatoes is part of change we voted for, there is nothing we can do than to endure

1 Like

Re: N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos by NovusHomo(m): 8:19pm On May 25, 2016
abbey621:
How long will it take before you people start using your brain? It takes about 3 months for tomatoes to grow, it is very easy to plant and doesn't cost much. Maybe when two or three pieces of tomatoes starts selling for 2,000 Naira, maybe then we can all start planting angry angry
[b]
You are very correct. Let me tell you of an incident. A guy that I know has a house in Bashorun, Ibadan. This huge house has a sizable plot in the back of the living room. There was a tree on that land. He complained that the tree was overgrowing the house, so I suggested removing the tree and turning the plot into a vegetable garden. He brought down the tree but failed to plant anything in its place.Two years went by, nothing was done in the line of my advice. When I was in Nigeria in August last year (the third year), the plot was still empty. So, I called the wife and offered the same advice. She said her husband did not like the idea. Oh, well. But recently, and because of the situation in Nigeria, my brother asked for financial assistance. He narrated how difficult things had become and how he now spends almost half of his earnings on food staples. I expressed the hope that things would soon get better. He called me again last Sunday to tell me the same 'sob story'. I reminded him of our conversation and also sent him a picture of my vegetable garden which I have been cultivating in my yard for ten years running. By the way, I live in New York, USA. The last info is not just to impress but to drive home the point that my vegetables allow me to save some money; I am not ready to send that money to someone who could have done a similar thing, and who, in fact needs a vegetable garden more than I do. If I am able to do it in NYC, it shouldn't be so difficult for someone to do likewise in Ibadan. [/b]

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See How This Young Girl Disgraced Herself After Drinking Too Much / Man Dies After Consuming 8 Cans Of ‘Bullet Drink’ To Win N1,600 / Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.