Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? (36660 Views)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 8:46am On May 26, 2016
@op, find another man, your man is a wussy.

10 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 8:48am On May 26, 2016
kaziblake:
You are just a tribalist

To you am a tribalist and that is not a bad thing
But to me I am a realist and that is an awesome thing

Everyday here in Nairaland people will complain igbo this igbo that ...it's becoming shameful
They will complain that Igbo won't marry them , therw parents won't let them marry them.

This is sickening and despicable

How many times have you seen an Igbo man or woman cry that the other tribe won't let them marry them

This is such a shameful thing...people throwing their selves on igbo....igbo are just human and this whining should stop

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 8:55am On May 26, 2016
Jaygrl:
Hi legalspices,I am an Igbo girl married to a very very wonderful yoruba guy. We dated for 5years+ before tying the knot. I would give you advice as a Sister,I will never have gone into this marriage without both parents blessing. People tell you shebi it is the guy you are getting married to not his parents/his people but that is a big lie. You are married to every single member of his family. His mum or dad shouldn't even hear of it that he offended me,they are so protective of me like I am their daughter and that is the way it should be. Love is not enough,when he misbehaves it is his family that will talk to him and he will listen.

NB: I don't speak yoruba at all,I hear a little.
Thanks a bunch really preciate....u said it all

7 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 8:58am On May 26, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Women are chased not the other way round ..there is what is called dignity .. this has nothing to do with comfy or not

Take a walk and maintain your dignity...it seems you are throwing yourself on him....but why are you not comfy with Yoruba man ?

Just asking maybe I can ascertain why Yoruba women wants to marry igbo men

It has nothing to do with being Igbo or Yoruba, its just about how connected and understanding the person is

5 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by kaziblake(f): 8:59am On May 26, 2016
My dear this is tough o..i will advice you to seek God face,if it doesn't work out then find your way.
My cousin is married to an Igbo guy and they are doing fine.
His parent approved the marriage cos they are well learned and aren't tribalistic likewise her parent too...Tribalism is mostly common among the illiterates.
My yoruba friend is facing the same the same issue from her father cos of her igbo boo,her boyfriend parent accepted her wholeheartedly but her own father is the main issue..She took in and she is currently 8month gone but her father is still adamant.
May God help you and morenike

5 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 8:59am On May 26, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Tell am....i am...i have shouted and she won't hear

I am married for over 6 yrs now

She still won't hear
grin grin bro u mean o

2 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by kaziblake(f): 9:03am On May 26, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

To you am a tribalist and that is not a bad thing
But to me I am a realist and that is an awesome thing

Everyday here in Nairaland people will complain igbo this igbo that ...it's becoming shameful
They will complain that Igbo won't marry them , therw parents won't let them marry them.

This is sickening and despicable

How many times have you seen an Igbo man or woman cry that the other tribe won't let them marry them

This is such a shameful thing...people throwing their selves on igbo....igbo are just human and this whining should stop
Ikpu stop talking like a child.
She isn't crying or whinning,she only needed advice.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 9:04am On May 26, 2016
kaziblake:
My dear this is tough o..i will advice you to seek God face,if it doesn't work out then find your way.
My cousin is married to an Igbo guy and they are doing fine.
His parent approved the marriage cos they are well learned and aren't tribalistic likewise her parent too...Tribalism is mostly common among the illiterates.
My yoruba friend is facing the same the same issue from her father cos of her igbo boo,her boyfriend parent accepted her wholeheartedly but her own father is the main issue..She took in and she is currently 8month gone but her father is still adamant.
May God help you and morenike
Amen my sister... my father is cool with us..just his parents and I don't have a mum to come for my omugwo...the dudes parent threatened to disown his sis if she marries outside Igbo...who does that?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by mylove4him(f): 9:06am On May 26, 2016
This is a very dicey situation. In any inter tribal marriage you need both families to.consent to it. It is easier if it was your parents that were foot dragging and the guys parents accepted you. In this case, it isn't that way.

Marrying into an igbo family you need his parents consent cos when u marry them you marry all of his family.

There is even a red flag as the guy as u describe him isn't firm and can waiver when the issues arise. Marriage is sweet when u have a supportive husband and a supportive inlaws. When you have a fiance that waivers and tends to listen to other people more omo you are on your own. I tell you the journey will be lonely and u will be married but single.

I know it is difficult to walk away after 5 years but you need to have a rethink. If he says all those things you wrote there. He has already told you the relationship is over indirectly but he doesn't have the 'liver' to tell you to your face.

Pray about it and if after that you still don't have inner peace. Girl, you have to take a walk. Painful but what can you do? I feel your pain. You better go somewhere you are accepted than going where u ain't accepted. Marriage is deeper than what you see outside. Think deeply. I wish you the best.

12 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by kaziblake(f): 9:08am On May 26, 2016
legalspices:

Amen my sister... my father is cool with us..just his parents and I don't have a mum to come for my omugwo...the dudes parent threatened to disown his sis if she marries outside Igbo...who does that?
Hmmm this is serious..what is your BF saying about it?Seek the face of God..
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 9:11am On May 26, 2016
kaziblake:
Hmmm this is serious..what is your BF saying about it?Seek the face of God..
He is being a committed,obedient first son and first born of the FAM, laying good examples cry
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by kaziblake(f): 9:15am On May 26, 2016
legalspices:

He is being a committed,obedient first son and first born of the FAM, laying good examples cry
O ti pari niyen..Nothing as good as having a man who would stand by you...My dear joor move on

9 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 9:15am On May 26, 2016
mylove4him:
This is a very dicey situation. In any inter tribal marriage you need both families to.consent to it. It is easier if it was your parents that were foot dragging and the guys parents accepted you. In this case, it isn't that way.

Marrying into an igbo family you need his parents consent cos when u marry them you marry all of his family.

There is even a red flag as the guy as u describe him isn't firm and can waiver when the issues arise. Marriage is sweet when u have a supportive husband and a supportive inlaws. When you have a fiance that waivers and tends to listen to other people more omo you are on your own. I tell you the journey will be lonely and u will be married but single.

I know it is difficult to walk away after 5 years but you need to have a rethink. If he says all those things you wrote there. He has already told you the relationship is over indirectly but he doesn't have the 'liver' to tell you to your face.

Pray about it and if after that you still don't have inner peace. Girl, you have to take a walk. Painful but what can you do? I feel your pain. You better go somewhere you are accepted than going where u ain't accepted. Marriage is deeper than what you see outside. Think deeply. I wish you the best.
Thanks love...wish u luck too

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by kaziblake(f): 9:17am On May 26, 2016
Lalasticlala,mynd44,royalroy,seun a sister needs help
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by jashar(f): 9:56am On May 26, 2016
legalspices:

Speechless?? lipsrsealed

I'm gathering my thoughts. smiley
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by dragonking2: 10:51am On May 26, 2016
In the past Igbos were not too tribalistic but now Igbos are very tribalistic. Its a big shame embarassed embarassed

10 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by OsusuMustFlow(f): 10:51am On May 26, 2016
KINDLY MOVE ON
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 10:51am On May 26, 2016
kaziblake:
Ikpu stop talking like a child.
She isn't crying or whinning,she only needed advice.
Amu, I said that advice is when you know the truth and wanted to be told something else
I told her to take a walk

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Odunharry(m): 10:53am On May 26, 2016
Love is never enough.

It's left for the guy to make his parent see reason with him.. If they are still adamant, it best you move on..

Truly, love alone isn't enough

4 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 10:53am On May 26, 2016
legalspices:

grin grin bro u mean o

But I said that fact
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by berrystunn(m): 10:54am On May 26, 2016
Only apply when the guy is poor

Too much money, no body will talk....

9 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by dragonking2: 10:54am On May 26, 2016
legalspices:
Hello fellow NLs, am at a cross road here....I have been dating this Igbo guy for over 5yrs now, am Yoruba tho but we both didn't see it as a barrier what matters to us is the love and connection between us.....he is well known by my family and accepted too but the problem is his parents...his brothers and sisters are indifferent about it...but his parents frowns against any of them marrying outside Igbo...his kid sis is over 30 and still single cos of this issue.

Wont I be treated like an outcast?? My kids?? Whose MIL or FIL doesn't show up for their son's wedding?? She won't show up for my 'omugwo'??

A part of me thinks I can handle the situation, but then another part is asking me to move on.

Words of advice pls....I really love this guy
You better leave and look for someone else before you regret the decision.
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 10:54am On May 26, 2016
legalspices:
Hello fellow NLs, am at a cross road here....I have been dating this Igbo guy for over 5yrs now, am Yoruba tho but we both didn't see it as a barrier what matters to us is the love and connection between us.....he is well known by my family and accepted too but the problem is his parents...his brothers and sisters are indifferent about it...but his parents frowns against any of them marrying outside Igbo...his kid sis is over 30 and still single cos of this issue.

Wont I be treated like an outcast?? My kids?? Whose MIL or FIL doesn't show up for their son's wedding?? She won't show up for my 'omugwo'??

A part of me thinks I can handle the situation, but then another part is asking me to move on.
P
Words of advice pls....I really love this guy

My dear what matters is if both of you agree, I had a friend in similar circumstances he went ahead and married his true love and eventually his parents had no choice but to accept. You see what matters in issues like this is the man, is he man enough if yes that's all you need as his support is what mattters

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 10:55am On May 26, 2016
IkpuMmadu:
[s]Advice is when we know the truth in our heart yet we want to be told something else

Madam,marrying him is one thing and fighting the war that will come is another

In Igbo land ....you don't just marry a man you marry the family. Can you stand the hit...what if trouble comes in the marriage ..who do you run to? We know that trouble comes in the marriage. How will you feel if your mother in-law isn't talking to your mother

Get ready for the war
Left for me stay away and don't marry that dude

Love isn't enough in marriage ....the main thing is compatibility and it seems culturally and psychologically you guys lack it

This is to avoid had i known

Will you be able to join umuada
Will you be able to identify ogiri isi for his mother
Will you be able to tuo nja
Will you be able to re ure for umunna

Think well don't let prick do the thinking for u

That's all[/s]

You mean you actually took time to spew this kinda Nonsense?

16 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 10:55am On May 26, 2016
Odunharry:
Love truly is never enough

Abi she wan form day she know know
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by colli247(m): 10:56am On May 26, 2016
richyblink1:

Oga, you make it seem like marrying an Igbo man is world war 3. The point you listed there are all meaningless if the man have balls and stand his grounds.

I am igbo while my better half is Akwa Ibom. Yet the sky isn't cracking . The man in question should be able to talk to this parents and make them understand where his happiness lies.

Let's stop encouraging tribalism and encourage one another to resist it gently till it's corrected
Let's stop encouraging tribalism and encourage one another to resist it gently till it's corrected nice one

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 10:57am On May 26, 2016
Lordguap51:

You mean you actually took time to spew this kinda Nonsense?

That one concern u
She wanted advise

I gave her one

U call it nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by tammie24: 10:57am On May 26, 2016
F

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / Nigerian Man Drops Bundles Of 100 Dollar Bills For His Child To Play With.Photos / Woman Talks About Killing Her Adulterous Husband On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.