Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading (5084 Views)

Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading / Senate Rejects Tinubu's Bill Seeking Special Grants For Lagos / ISLAMIZATION: A Bill To Upgrade Sharia In Nigeria Has Passed 2nd Reading [DOCUME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by groundnutoil(m): 7:50pm On May 25, 2016
A bill before the National Assembly seeking to expand the scope of Sharia law in Nigeria and elevate it to a federal law has been circulating online.

The Trent has obtained an official National Assembly notice paper which shows that a bill to alter Nigeria’s 1999 Constitution to increase the jurisdiction of the Sharia Court in the Federal Capital Territory of Abuja and the Northern states with Sharia has indeed passed its 2nd hearing in March 2016.

The document shows that the House of Representative took the second reading of the Sharia Expansion Bill on Thursday, May 12, 2016 and the bill is being sponsored by Abdullahi Balarabe Salame, a representative from Sokoto State. He was elected under the platform of the All Progressives Congress and has been representing Gwadabawa/Illela constituency since 2011. Salame is a one-time speaker of the House of Assembly in Sokoto State and holds degrees in Islamic studies.

The section in the paper says, “A Bill for an Act to Alter the Provisions of Section 262 and 277 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 to increase the Jurisdiction of the of the Sharia Court of Appeal of the Federal Capital Territory and the Sharia Court of Appeal of a State by including Criminal Matters of Hudud and qisas and for Other Related Matters; (HB. 530) (Hon. Abdullahi Balarabe Salame) – Second Reading.”
http://newswirengr.com/2016/05/25/a-bill-seeking-to-upgrade-sharia-law-across-nigeria-passed-second-reading/#
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by EastLebanon(m): 7:55pm On May 25, 2016
A country that mostly consist of christians and muslims and you want to establish a sharia law in their capital?...if this should happen i will indeed know that nigeria is a z.oo

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by OlujobaSamuel: 8:02pm On May 25, 2016
I have no problem with any religious bill, my problem is people of other faiths that will support to become law.
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by groundnutoil(m): 8:05pm On May 25, 2016
I just d watch I d Sidon d look mode make DM finish first dn DM go no hu and hu will Nigeria contain
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by ozy4christ(f): 8:12pm On May 25, 2016
Well,these a d signs of end time.one world,öne currency,one religion e.t.c,so am nt amazed,my concern nw is dat if d so called christians are rapturable?.

1 Like

Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by Thewrath(m): 8:14pm On May 25, 2016
Odiegwu.
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by wx9Z: 8:35pm On May 25, 2016
buhari is running Nigeria to the ground.

www.yeyepikin.com

1 Like

Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by orisa37: 8:37pm On May 25, 2016
Bokoharam degraded to Fulani Herdsmen and now to Sharia law upgrade, what does the Caliphate take Nigerians for?

1 Like

Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by SHOPPERS(m): 8:53pm On May 25, 2016
Issokay
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:05pm On May 25, 2016
EastLebanon:
A country that mostly consist of christians and muslims and you want to establish a sharia law in their capital?...if this should happen i will indeed know that nigeria is a z.oo

Gosh, sometimes the way you guys reason and spew out such bigotry often wants to make one's blood boil.

First of all, the Capital of Nigeria Abuja is located in the north which is predominantly Muslim - or are you guys also trying to claim it like Lagos?

Secondly, wetin concern you, why are you taking Panadol for somebody's headache, how would this bill/Sharia affect you, why can't you leave it to those who it will affect i.e. the Muslims complain - did you hear them complaining?
Pls stop this nonsense, say no to bigotry and hatered. angry

5 Likes

Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by tripoli007(m): 9:16pm On May 25, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Gosh, sometimes the way you guys reason and spew out such bigotry often wants to make one's blood boil.

First of all, the Capital of Nigeria Abuja is located in the north which is predominantly Muslim - or are you guys also trying to claim it like Lagos?

Secondly, wetin concern you, why are you taking Panadol for somebody's headache, how would this bill/Sharia affect you, why can't you leave it to those who it will affect i.e. the Muslims complain - did you hear them complaining?

My friend shut ur mouth up and stop sprewing arrant rubbish and nonsense.. You guys are trying to islamize Nigeria ..ur plans won't work .from boko haram to Fulani herdsmen to islamizing Nigeria.. You and our cohorts will be defeated ****

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by divineappo(m): 9:55pm On May 25, 2016
tripoli007:

My friend shut ur mouth up and stop sprewing arrant rubbish and nonsense.. You guys are trying to islamize Nigeria ..ur plans won't work .from boko haram to Fulani herdsmen to islamizing Nigeria.. You and our cohorts will be defeated #uncircumcized aboki

I saw it coming. i supported BUHARI to power but I have discovered some facts recently about Buhari, I don't trust him anymore. Buhari is playing the game of "plausible deniability" . He acts like the saint, but behind closed doors, he orders his people to pursue another agenda. Unofficial or off-the-book agenda, With the help of a notorious & intelligent jihadist (mallam mamman daura). This man lives in kaduna but presently has a home in Aso Rock. He is BUHARI's supreme adviser in all matters of the state.

Jonathan was a total failure but Buhari was a necessary evil we had to put in power. But with constructive criticism, their evil agenda will fail.

The truth is that, I trust Buhari to work, in terms of;

* infrastructural development
*reviving the economy
*blocking loopholes used for looting,

but I don't trust him to provide the following;

*peace and progress
*national security
*national unity (Buhari will continue to cause ethnic and tribal conflict in nigeria)

Their agenda to upgrade the sharia law across nigeria is very related to their agenda of National Grazing Bill. Why are we having both same time?

6 Likes

Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by bishopkay: 10:03pm On May 25, 2016
Someone should please tell these dumb fvckin niggaz dat Nigeria is a secular state.

Sharia law in d nation's capital city That is just preposterous!

2 Likes

Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by waternogetemeny: 10:05pm On May 25, 2016
RIP NIGERIA.

TO YOUR TENT O ISREAL!

The first Sharia law, they use it as cover for kidnap, murder, rape and child marriage/ islamisation. This one will definately islamise Nigeria and we igbos can never be muslim.

1 Kings 12:16 When all Israel saw that the king refused to listen to ...

We have no inheritance in the son of Jesse; To your tents, O Israel! Now look after your own house, David!" So Israel departed to their tents.

Seun, lalasticlala if u like fp or leave it as usual, half of yorubas are already islamised, wat is the remaining half worth. U people will cry blood as our exit is eminenant.

We can never be muslims or islamised, we are Jews.

1 Like

Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by groundnutoil(m): 10:06pm On May 25, 2016
I don't understand dis country again I seriously don't
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by smarthG(f): 10:10pm On May 25, 2016
I think say na wetin make them put Osibande behind Buhari be that so that he no go allow that kind thing happen to the people of his like faith.

I said it earlier, Osibande was just a bribe the greeedy and confused christians.
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by theDEVILisHERE: 10:13pm On May 25, 2016
ozy4christ:
Well,these a d signs of end time.one world,öne currency,one religion e.t.c,so am nt amazed,my concern nw is dat if d so called christians are rapturable?.

Wrong
This are the signs of the coming to an end of the British slave camp called Nigga area aka Nigeria

This has nothing to do with the nonsensical idiotic christain crap feed to you african zombies by the blue eyed demons from europe
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by nitrogen(m): 10:50pm On May 25, 2016
Wait, are there no senators representing the south nii?

Is it not going to be about the highest number of votes?

Am confused o, please help me out, abi everybody in the chamber is a muslim niiii?

This country Don tire me o.
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by 9japride(m): 11:02pm On May 25, 2016
Southerners wise up, the main essence of that bill is that when any one has an issue with a moslem guy and d moslem take the matter to say sharia court he will win the case. This can be seen in the cases involving forceful conversion of underage Christian girls to Islam and the sharia court always stroke out the cases in favour of the moslem guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by EastLebanon(m): 11:04pm On May 25, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

u sounds like a kid,anyway let me educate u,it's informal and disapproving to legalise sharia law in the capital of a country whose citizens are mostly christians and muslims,whether the indigenes of the capital are predominantly muslims or no it should herald that because the capital depicts the image of any nation and functions as a home to all the citizens of the nation.

10 Likes

Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by ckmayoca: 11:04pm On May 25, 2016
Na lightening we still dey see, we pray make thunder no follow oh.
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by orisa37: 11:16pm On May 25, 2016
There were preliminary steps taken with the acquiescence of the Caliphate to islamize Nigeria before Bokoharam entered the North East. Next, The Project Director degraded Bokoharam to Fulani Herdsmen armed with AK47 to unreasonably fight anyone in the nsc, sw, se and ss who dares to obstruct grazing areas for their Cattle even in their farms.. This leads to Grazing lands Bill which up till now is still being pushed unashamedly forward by Audu Ogbeh. Another stage now, is Sharia Bill, The Caliphate Slow K. God will grant Wisdom and Directives to NASS to jettison the Bill IJN AMEN!!!! The NASS won't amend the Constitution to grant FULL AUTONOMY to 36 state Governors but they can ransack the same Constitution to upgrade Sharia Courts. It's like the NASS is already suffering from hypnotism. Will anyone just stop Mr. President from the Subterfuge to pollute social, economic, religious and political life of the Southern part of Nigeria
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by Emekamex(m): 11:46pm On May 25, 2016
This country is "fantastically pathetic". **spits on thread**
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:10am On May 26, 2016
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:10am On May 26, 2016
waternogetemeny:
RIP NIGERIA.

TO YOUR TENT O ISREAL!

The first Sharia law, they use it as cover for kidnap, murder, rape and child marriage/ islamisation. This one will definately islamise Nigeria and we igbos can never be muslim.

1 Kings 12:16 When all Israel saw that the king refused to listen to ...

We have no inheritance in the son of Jesse; To your tents, O Israel! Now look after your own house, David!" So Israel departed to their tents.

Seun, lalasticlala if u like fp or leave it as usual, half of yorubas are already islamised, wat is the remaining half worth. U people will cry blood as our exit is eminenant.

We can never be muslims or islamised, we are Jews.
Less than 100yrs ago your people ate other humans, killed twins, and sons married their Step Mothers at the death of their fathers. I heard these practices still happen today in some places. You shouldn't be acting better than others.
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by Uchexxy(m): 12:50am On May 26, 2016
This is what happens when you have muslims living with u, which is why Donald trump wants them out of America. once the Muslims make enough of your population and get people up the chambers, they'd start shoving their own laws down your throat.
Did they forget this ! country is a secular one? or probably we Christians don't matter in our own home? or probably I should relocate away from the north simply because I don't wanna obey their senseless sharia law?

1 Like

Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:13am On May 26, 2016
EastLebanon:
u sounds like a kid,anyway let me educate u,it's informal and disapproving to legalise sharia law in the capital of a country whose citizens are mostly christians and muslims,whether the indigenes of the capital are predominantly muslims or no it should herald that because the capital depicts the image of any nation and functions as a home to all the citizens of the nation.

You are the one that needs education:

Freedom to religion is a fundamental human right embedded in our constitution; in other words every Nigerian has a right to freely pursue his religion within the context of the constitution - for Muslims that is the right to be judged according to the Sharia.
Nigerian Christian are comfortable with most of our laws which were derived from Englis law inherited from our colonial masters, which in turn were derived from canon law - basically Christian in origin; values of which are often contradictory or alien to Muslims.
That is why Muslims are advocating for their Sharia; which in Nigeria is not applicable to non Muslims but intolerant Christians like you are kicking against them from exercising that right - a right which you ridiculously want to be conceded for the sake of the image of our capital, in a predominately Muslim region - my friend you can't be serious.
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by Mustay(m): 1:16am On May 26, 2016
Bigotry is a big problem in this country. Did people take time to read the title of the bill Or check the meaning of Hudud and Qisas? We have a 'headline' problem in this country.
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by FisifunKododada: 1:24am On May 26, 2016
cool God forbid bad thing. cool
Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by tit(f): 1:43am On May 26, 2016
The inhabitants of Abuja are Gbagi ethnic group.
This group is predominantly non-muslim.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by hardcorevin(m): 3:17am On May 26, 2016
9japride:
Southerners wise up, the main essence of that bill is that when any one has an issue with a moslem guy and d moslem take the matter to say sharia court he will win the case. This can be seen in the cases involving forceful conversion of underage Christian girls to Islam and the sharia court always stroke out the cases in favour of the moslem guy.

i tell people that islam is pure evil

4 Likes

Re: A Bill Seeking To Upgrade Sharia Law Across Nigeria Passed Second Reading by Nobody: 3:41am On May 26, 2016
I don't blame them,the naïve south are still cussing at themself while the north keep pushing their cause of islamizin nigeria.I know some fellow southerners would cum here nd support this bill or call it a lie cause they support bubu,well by the time you woould realise that both grazing bill nd sharia bill are all plan of baba nd his nothern cohort u would av feel voctim.a nothern muslim don't care about party be it apc or pdp,they are all about achieving their dream of islamizing nigeria.come 2023 if the pdp we so hate field a notherner or even apga self nd apc field a southerner,the north would vote pdp

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Message To Igbos & Former IPOB Members / Meet Malaysia Graduate Who Studies Dino Melaye For Master’s Degree (photo) / Osinbajo Laments High Post-Harvest Losses, Blames Poor Storage, Facilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.