Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos (3802 Views)

How Social Media Is Silently Ruining The Future / Tecno L8 Lite Silently Lunched - See Specs, Fatures Price And Where To Buy / Innjoo Launched Halo X Silently, Available On Jumia For #32,720 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:48pm On May 25, 2016
Yeah, you read that right. The wait is finally over. Ntel has launched in Lagos. I got mine today at their office on the 17th floor, Necom Building, Marina. Unfortunately, there is no network at my place so, I can only use it around my office for now. There is no voice service for now, only data and you must buy a bundle as you pick up the sim.

Those interested can head over to Marina and purchase or pick up previously reserved sims. Before that you can check with your phone to know if they even have service in your area.

For more info, you can call this number 09087067011. Lanre is the guy's name. He was the one that I met when I went there.

You can read more here https://thotsontech..com.ng/2016/05/ntel-launches-silently-in-lagos.html.

P.S. I will be posting screenshots of the speedtest tomorrow.

Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by dustmalik: 12:20am On May 26, 2016
Interesting. Waiting to see how this turns out in Lagos. We have been enjoying it over here in Abuja, for over a month now.
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by wunmi2odun(m): 12:23am On May 26, 2016
;
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by nani667: 1:43am On May 26, 2016
so after the people in Abj have enjoyed the free unlimited downloads...now that the free downloads season is long over they come to Lagos... I'll just wait till they have an office close to my Area...No rush to get the SIM and use their expensive subscriptions... I'm good with MTN , Airtel and Glo for now ✔

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by Efisko1(m): 1:58am On May 26, 2016
Dey suld quickly com to calabar plsssss

Any oda calabarian around?
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by Sojebrand(m): 3:48am On May 26, 2016
nani667:
so after the people in Abj have enjoyed the free unlimited downloads...now that the free downloads season is long over they come to Lagos... I'll just wait till they have an office close to my Area...No rush to get the SIM and use their expensive subscriptions... I'm good with MTN , Airtel and Glo for now ✔
same with me
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by holysaint1(m): 4:21am On May 26, 2016
but this pple mumu ooo... Na nw weh i no come dey lag again na him dem knw say dem go carry dia service enta lag... Mtchewww

1 Like

Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by dotbawse: 7:52am On May 26, 2016
henryskywalker2003:
Yeah, you read that right. The wait is finally over. Ntel has launched in Lagos. I got mine today at their office on the 17th floor, Necom Building, Marina. Unfortunately, there is no network at my place so, I can only use it around my office for now. There is no voice service for now, only data and you must buy a bundle as you pick up the sim.

Those interested can head over to Marina and purchase or pick up previously reserved sims

You can read more here https://thotsontech..com.ng/2016/05/ntel-launches-silently-in-lagos.html.

P.S. I will be posting screenshots of the speedtest tomorrow.

Please how genuine is this information? can we just walk in and buy our sims?
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by bongolistik(m): 7:56am On May 26, 2016
dustmalik:
Interesting. Waiting to see how this turns out in Lagos. We have been enjoying it over here in Abuja, for over a month now.
If it is not official it is not the same thing as official
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:57am On May 26, 2016
After MTN and AIRTEL have been giving me free data for the past 1 month
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:13pm On May 26, 2016
dotbawse:

Please how genuine is this information? can we just walk in and buy our sims?

The information is genuine. You can call or go to the office address I posted bro.
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by eleshin(m): 3:39pm On May 26, 2016
henryskywalker2003:

The information is genuine. You can call or go to the office address I posted bro.

What do they require for someone to retrieve his registered sim? Thanks
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:40pm On May 26, 2016
Finally got to use it around my office at VI. It wasn't impressive at all. So, I am wondering where all those speedtests that were being posted online came from.

Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by just2endowed: 4:54pm On May 26, 2016
hmmm
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:58pm On May 26, 2016
U say dem never launch officially, yet u dey do speed test, dey complain.

Na wah o. And if person talk now u go begin dey para.
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by dustmalik: 5:06pm On May 26, 2016
henryskywalker2003:
Finally got to use it around my office at VI. It wasn't impressive at all. So, I am wondering where all those speedtests that were being posted online came from.
The test server you are connected to is quite messed up. go to settings and select Vodacom Business Nigeria. I just got this now
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by just2endowed: 6:01pm On May 26, 2016
Fp
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by just2endowed: 6:01pm On May 26, 2016
Pls do they open on Saturday
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by lifestyle1(m): 6:31pm On May 26, 2016
Scanned for network now and I saw this.

Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:22pm On May 26, 2016
4llerbuntu:
U say dem never launch officially, yet u dey do speed test, dey complain.

Na wah o. And if person talk now u go begin dey para.

Bros, abeg show me where I said they never launch officially. Even my title says they have launched. Did I tell you I got the sim via the back door? I walked into their office and bought it. They have even started setting up Experience Centers in Slot here in Lagos and plan on having a stand in Heritage Bank branches as well. In doing all these do you still think they launched "unofficially"?
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:24pm On May 26, 2016
dustmalik:

The test server you are connected to is quite messed up. go to settings and select Vodacom Business Nigeria. I just got this now

I will try that when I get to the office tomorrow. I had a mind to change the test server and try again but work happened. But at the same time, I think the network in Abuja may just be better than that in Lagos. That it's an LTE network doesn't mean that it won't have glitches or poor reception especially now they are still rolling out and not fully ironed out the kinks.
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by dustmalik: 11:45pm On May 26, 2016
henryskywalker2003:

I will try that when I get to the office tomorrow. I had a mind to change the test server and try again but work happened. But at the same time, I think the network in Abuja may just be better than that in Lagos. That it's an LTE network doesn't mean that it won't have glitches or poor reception especially now they are still rolling out and not fully ironed out the kinks.
You have a point though. If the available site is quite far from your location, then performance would be awful. I remember when the nearest site to my location was down, I couldn't get up to 10mbps. So, maybe network is very poor at your location. But that doesn't mean that coverage is generally poor in the whole of Lagos.

Given the antecedents of other telcos, ntel servers are most likely located in Lagos, so, naturally, customers in Lagos ought to be getting better speed where coverage and every other condition is on par with those in Abuja.
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:05am On May 27, 2016
dustmalik:

You have a point though. If the available site is quite far from your location, then performance would be awful. I remember when the nearest site to my location was down, I couldn't get up to 10mbps. So, maybe network is very poor at your location. But that doesn't mean that coverage is generally poor in the whole of Lagos.

Given the antecedents of other telcos, ntel servers are most likely located in Lagos, so, naturally, customers in Lagos ought to be getting better speed where coverage and every other condition is on par with those in Abuja.

Exactly, I was actually expecting better speeds in Lagos compared to that of Abuja, thinking due to the sheer number of potential customers here, the network would be more robust than other places.

Anyway, I tried looking for the server you recommended but couldn't find it in the web version of speedtest. I guess it's only on the mobile version or something.
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:32pm On May 27, 2016
Copped my sim.

General launch for 1st June 2016. They will have stands at all slot outlets for startup

Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:59pm On May 27, 2016
Slow grin

Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by just2endowed: 2:44pm On May 27, 2016
Before it hit front page.
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by mjay(m): 3:59pm On May 27, 2016
lifestyle1:
Scanned for network now and I saw this.
Please where is your neighborhood where you got those snapshot
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by henryskywalker2003(m): 7:27pm On May 27, 2016
Still slow. Did the speedtest with Vodacom Business Nigeria and it was still slow.

Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by lifestyle1(m): 1:20pm On May 28, 2016
mjay:

Please where is your neighborhood where you got those snapshot

Shomolu
Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:41pm On May 28, 2016
I haven't been able to connect to the signal throughout today after I restarted my phone. No matter what I tried.

Pretty disappointed.

Meanwhile MTN 4G signal is active already..... wonder it it works

Re: Finally.... Ntel Launches "Silently" In Lagos by henryskywalker2003(m): 8:48pm On May 28, 2016
They really need to up their game in Lasgidi. We got a lot of data hungry fellows here. I think they made a blunder by focusing on Abuja over Lagos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bluboo X550: First 5300mah Android 4g Smartphone, Android 5.1,2gb Ram + 16gb Rom / Iphone 7 Plus 128gb / Google Nexus 7 Tablet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.