Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) (74845 Views)

Airforce Acquires Honker Scorpion Vehicles To Tackle Terrorism / Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup / MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Nobody: 8:56am On May 26, 2016
Scholes007:
I thought that the railway project was Fg.
Nah, there is also a Lagos mega city light rail project for which Lagos took Chinese loans. Or perhaps it's the same project we're talking about, maybe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by weselomo(m): 8:58am On May 26, 2016
thanks AMBO and now ATIDE.
u promise to improve all transportation means. rail, road and water, the promise are gradually being fulfilled.
tout will reduce in lagos state now than ever and means of transportation will now be cheaper than ever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by blackjah(m): 8:58am On May 26, 2016
no dont take my danfo away

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by 1kinggy(m): 9:00am On May 26, 2016
My concetn: if these buses are not MADE IN NIGERIA , LASG has just created business for India or wherever the plant is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Revolva(m): 9:00am On May 26, 2016
sad sad sad sad hey dem don fall many pple hand for lagos oooo with this new danfo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by mare23ayo(m): 9:01am On May 26, 2016
My comment to this...., A very good development, now lets face reality.

1. what will happen to those Agbero that uses stick to hit danfos for daily payment.

2. what's the maintenance sequence going to be like, considering the fact that most drivers will not have the financial capability to maintain them.

3. Will the state government provide new terminals and garages for this buses

4. What set of people will these new buses be conveying

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Rilwayne001: 9:01am On May 26, 2016
Makes sense... Lagos is always making sense. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by charlesucheh(m): 9:02am On May 26, 2016
colossus2:

1. What infrastructure do Lagos need?
2. Is this a bad development?
Free that gee! He wants to show that he knows how to speak english!!! Do your checks properly, the guy's state isn't lagos o! And am very sure he ran away from his dead state just to seek refuge in a state he's stupidly criticizing!! #mustyoutalk?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by tbliss22(m): 9:04am On May 26, 2016
The issue is not the thoughts but rather the upkeep. The RED BRT transports are as of now migraine.

I acclaim such an extraordinary thought from the official in light of the fact that these danfo transports are expected for complete upgrade. BRT transports have truly changed lagos, what is required is its support.

I propose proficient repairman preparing workshop ought to be sited in different areas in lagos to be overseen by the state government.

Crisis point will now be worked for entirely lagos transport transportation for repairs and tidy up for those that looks off standard.

My sentiment thou!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by anonimi: 9:07am On May 26, 2016
colossus2:
2. Is this a bad development?

Yes.
IF it is to be owned and run by the LASG.
A government has no business doing business.
It should restrict itself to:

- creating an enabling environment for private investors.
- regulation.
- aggressive TAXATION.

If Ambode has any sense he will ensure the current danfo owners/drivers form COOPERATIVES to obtain funds for owning these new buses and running them properly. Anything short of that is a recipe for disaster.
As it was with LMTS, LSTC, LAGBUS etc so it will be with this one also.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:09am On May 26, 2016
LOl all those agberos go still scatter this buses......go look all the brt wey dey road....most of them the doors are not even working again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by loomer: 9:09am On May 26, 2016
Contract for some body

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by mmsen: 9:10am On May 26, 2016
Looks like cheap, poorly made, Indian rubbish.

They couldn't buy Innoson vehicles?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Nobody: 9:12am On May 26, 2016
Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Scholes007(m): 9:13am On May 26, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Nah, there is also a Lagos mega city light rail project for which Lagos took Chinese loans. Or perhaps it's the same project we're talking about, maybe.
I was talking about the railway that is suppose to link Nigeria with other west African countries, the one that runs mile 2 towards seme border. If there is another then congrates to Lagos state govt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by bmaks: 9:15am On May 26, 2016
After una go say make we buy naija to grow naija..........These ones now na Naija made? Wetin happen to partnering with Innoson Nigeria?
We dey go front dey go back...I haf taya for this "feffle" sef

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by oloworulz(m): 9:16am On May 26, 2016
rose54321:
It seems Mr. Ambode is out of ideas on how to spend Lagos IGR..
Anyone close to him should pls tell him that vehicles aren't infrastructures, they can improve the cost of living, but the long term economic effect is minimal as its a liability not an asset.
another ipob spotted. u better go back to ur village. rubbish. they always discredit every good move

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by alujonjonkijon: 9:19am On May 26, 2016
rose54321:
It seems Mr. Ambode is out of ideas on how to spend Lagos IGR..
Anyone close to him should pls tell him that vehicles aren't infrastructures, they can improve the cost of living, but the long term economic effect is minimal as its a liability not an asset.

u ar very wrong.taking brt to work in comfort encourages me ,more and more to leave my own car behind.so with much comfort many will glady go without their own car freeing up the roads.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by whitebeard(m): 9:21am On May 26, 2016
so it is this one that can survive Lagos road....cuz I will oppose this until ambode finds an alternative job for danfo drivers...he does not know they one of the foundations of Lagos...I am not against this..but my own if he wants this to work and people should be pleased...he should find job for danfo drivers...that's all...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by kesses: 9:22am On May 26, 2016
sure now ko le work how agbero go dey collect money from the drivers
Virginsince1997:
grin lol ko le work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by femi4: 9:25am On May 26, 2016
Phemostiga:
is brt nt ok again
These are small buses.....go school..u no gree

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by freeborn76(m): 9:26am On May 26, 2016
I am Lagosian, I rep Ambo, but this project is a No No! I agree with all those saying he should concentrate on expanding the BRT scheme to include more buses and new routes. As BRT's efficiency increases, Danfo's will die a natural death, you cannot force their exit, it is unsustainable. Plus, why not focus on completing the rail projects? My bit...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by kesses: 9:28am On May 26, 2016
if he find job for the danfo drivers will he also find job for the agbero or don't you know that the population of agbero is more than that of the drivers
whitebeard:
so it is this one that can survive Lagos road....cuz I will oppose this until ambode finds an alternative job for danfo drivers...he does not know they one of the foundations of Lagos...I am not against this..but my own if he wants this to work and people should be pleased...he should find job for danfo drivers...that's all...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by colli247(m): 9:29am On May 26, 2016
wahala don dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by kesses: 9:29am On May 26, 2016
grin grin grin guy take it easy on him
femi4:
These are small buses.....go school..u no gree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Infinitikoncept(m): 9:34am On May 26, 2016
E be lyk say me sef go start danfo bixnex ooo. They should make sure they remove all dox touts and policemen wey dey hit sticks and metal on the bus body. If dey love hitting buses they can enroll as an apprentice in a panel beater shop.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by SHAIBULIAR: 9:36am On May 26, 2016
State of excellence

No wonder shoekudi shioma shinyere and shijoke dey claim say na no man's land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by kesses: 9:42am On May 26, 2016
where the wahala
colli247:
wahala don dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by NICENEDU29: 9:49am On May 26, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Lagos is a country inside Nigeria cheesy grin
Gbam! thank you very much my good brother. I have always said it that Lagos is a country in a country but people never seem to understand me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by NICENEDU29: 9:55am On May 26, 2016
Burger01:
We are talking of vehicles/busses here for transportation around Lagos...not train from Orile to Mile 2 smiley

Eko o ni baje lailai... O baje ti smiley
Is train not a vehicle? Pls do urself a favour and look up the meaning of the word "vehicle" in the dictionary. Or u can easily google it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Nobody: 9:58am On May 26, 2016
laurel03:
Capital NO
Abeg, thank you for this reply...*chop knuckle * wink

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting / ‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe / How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.