Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student (31728 Views)

Ambode Offers Fuhad Adetoro Ogunsanya, LASU Best Student N5m, Scholarship / Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating / How Much Is Lasu Postgraduate Sch Fees. (16/17 Session) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by AmbodOfLASU: 5:11am On May 26, 2016
Securityy man’s son emerges best LASU student

Lagos State University, Ojo, on Wednesday, held its 20th convocation with Michael Arowosegbe, son of a contract security man, emerging the overall best graduating student of the institution.

Twenty-four-year-old Arowosegbe from Awe, Oyo State, who obtained a First Class in Biochemistry, scored 4.86 Cumulative Grade Point Average to beat over 17, 000 candidates the university produced in the 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 academic sessions.

Seven other persons obtained First Class from the ivory tower.

The valedictorian, who held the audience enthralled with his tortuous life journey, narrated how he helplessly watched a students’ protest on campus in 2011, where his father was stoned.

He said, “Many of my friends and colleagues never knew that he once worked as a contract staff, attached to the Campus Marshal. I witnessed a students’ protest while in 100 level, where he was stoned. I could not cry.

“As if that was not enough, another incident occurred on November 9, 2012, which changed his life to this day. He had an accident on a bike, while on duty on campus, where he hit his head and back against the university gate. He could not move any of his limbs initially.

“Some even thought that was the end of him, and that it might affect my academics because there was no succour from the appropriate authorities, But, glory be to God, he is recuperating and I am today a graduate.”

Arowosegbe, who also emerged the best graduating student from the Faculty of Sciences, noted that he reluctantly came to LASU after he was denied admission at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State.

He added, “I reluctantly chose LASU as my second choice in 2011 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and I almost ignored the post-UTME that year because I had already written that of OAU, where I scored 278.

“So, I thought with that score, together with a UTME score of 287, I was on my way to study Medicine and Surgery, so I felt the Biochemistry I chose in LASU was to fulfil all righteousness. Today, look at where that choice has brought me.”

Earlier, the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Olanrewaju Fagbohun, urged the graduands to remain worthy ambassadors of the university.

The VC also advised them to endeavour to connect and share experiences that would make them to be future leaders.

http://www.punchng.com/security-mans-son-emerges-lasu-best-scholar/

Photo credit: http://thenationonlineng.net/guards-son-lasus-best/

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by AmbodOfLASU: 5:13am On May 26, 2016
Today is the last day of the Convocation Ceremony and Governor Ambode is coming to commission projects worth billions of naira.

5 Likes

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by AmbodOfLASU: 5:16am On May 26, 2016
He was the valedictorian and his speech almost made me cry cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by AmbodOfLASU: 5:20am On May 26, 2016
The Students' Union procession to the Convocation Ceremony led by the Students' Union President : Sekoni Tayo and the LASUSU SPEAKER : RT.HON OGUNTIMEHIN ADETOYESE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by AmbodOfLASU: 5:27am On May 26, 2016
Cc : Lalasticlala Seun Fynest Boi .... Hope you mods are all coming with Governor Ambode today to commission the projects. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by Mrbigman1(m): 5:30am On May 26, 2016
Congratulations bro. It's not a matter of wia u come from, it's a matter of knowing wia u wanna go.

6 Likes

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by AmbodOfLASU: 5:35am On May 26, 2016
The best graduating student, Michael and his friend.

6 Likes

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by Flexherbal(m): 5:59am On May 26, 2016
Wow!
Congratulations to him!

1 Like

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by Twizzy30(m): 6:05am On May 26, 2016
Op wetin u graduate with? sad

5 Likes

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by adren(m): 6:09am On May 26, 2016
I do not envy his success ooo neither is this a challenge to me.. Given that I graduated some 7 months ago in the best federal university in nigeria..

But I am tempted to ask.. Is Lasu's school fees now so cheap for a security man to afford or his security man dad earns a fat paycheck??

I hope that unlike uniosun's best graduating student, he doesn't get a mug..

Congrats to him.. Hardwork pays

7 Likes

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by AmbodOfLASU: 6:21am On May 26, 2016
adren:
I do not envy his success ooo neither is this a challenge to me.. Given that I graduated some 7 months ago in the best federal university in nigeria..

But I am tempted to ask.. Is Lasu's school fees now so cheap for a security man to afford or his security man dad earns a fat paycheck??

LASU school fees is 25,000naira. His Dad was a contract security man in LASU.

The guy won lots of cash prizes and he will be retained.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by EngrIdris: 6:22am On May 26, 2016
Nothing special
he'll still beg for employment
Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by jejemanito: 6:40am On May 26, 2016
EngrIdris:
Nothing special

Is that all you have to say?

People like you are the reason they say hausa people reason like cows

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by Nobody: 6:51am On May 26, 2016
jejemanito:
Is that all you have to say?

People like you are the reason they say hausa people reason like cows
God bless u for helping me slam him..... Jealously, na make most of them be cattle rearers so

35 Likes

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by laparry12(f): 7:06am On May 26, 2016
In patoranking's voice ' nobody wey no fit to make am o'

5 Likes

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by adextetoo(m): 7:16am On May 26, 2016
I have come to realise the best brain come not from the sons or daughters of the rich but from the offspring of the poor....I use this medium to congratulate him and may he continue to make his parents happy

19 Likes

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by castel428: 8:14am On May 26, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by castel428: 8:19am On May 26, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

good for him. Unlike the best graduating student of Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto who was not retained, jst like the young man she bagged 4.86 CGPA in Applied Chemistry.congrats to him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by Odunharry(m): 9:09am On May 26, 2016
lalasticlala...we need this on frontapage.

We are proud of you..
Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by DrChukzy(m): 9:10am On May 26, 2016
Nobody wey no fit to make am o.

4 Likes

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by MadCow1: 9:11am On May 26, 2016

22 Likes

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by gurunlocker: 9:11am On May 26, 2016
Oh boy! na to quickly absorb him to Bond chemicals in awe

3 Likes

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:13am On May 26, 2016
Lolz book by agidity
Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by yetseyi(f): 9:13am On May 26, 2016
WOW!!! 4.86 from Biochemistry in LASU, very nice.

3 Likes

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by Nobody: 9:14am On May 26, 2016
May GOD bless u more

Hope they didn't invite AREGBESOLA...?
Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by UKBobo(m): 9:15am On May 26, 2016
Na when childhood poverty dey wire you to your books.

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by lanxlot(m): 9:17am On May 26, 2016
EngrIdris:
Nothing special

I reject it 4 him in Jesus name...AMEN.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by YourNemesis: 9:17am On May 26, 2016
I absolutely love the African touch on their academic gowns. smiley

lol, they even had Zangbeto masquerade at the ceremony.
Nice one. smiley

7 Likes

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by 9jatatafo(m): 9:17am On May 26, 2016
adren:

So even though his father is a security man does that mean he shouldn't have a university education? I wonder how some people think

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by justicejay(m): 9:18am On May 26, 2016
Whaooo. Impressive.
Re: Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student by Daraph(m): 9:18am On May 26, 2016
Jehovah,I look upon you. Please let me get admission this year tooo.
Federal University of Technology,Akure (FUTA) abeg now

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 100 Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria / Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan / Sexual Harassment: You Will Pay Dearly If You Discredit Us, ASUU Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.