Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi (8997 Views)

''I Carry Bible Bullets To Fight APC'' - Fayose Blows As PDP Govs Dump Sheriff / PDP Rebirth Group Pledges Support For Makarfi Led Faction Of PDP / PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by Islie: 7:06am On May 26, 2016
Embattled former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Acting Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff yesterday lost more support as eight members of his National Working Committee (NWC) jumped ship. They supported the Ahmed Makarfi-led Caretaker Committee.

Also yesterday, Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike accused Sheriff of making a U-turn on the party’s national convention when he got information that he was not qualified to contest last Saturday’s election.

Wike, according to a statement by his Special Assistant on Electronic Media, Simeon Nwakaudu, said: “We have seen that there is a hidden agenda, but nobody can destroy the PDP. The PDP will wax stronger.”

According to him, Sheriff subjected himself to screening by the National Convention Screening Committee last Friday and he (Sheriff) praised the transparent process, only to cite a court order on Saturday, during a news conference in Port Harcourt, when the result of the screening committee did not favour him.

He noted that by “his anti-party actions”, the former acting national chairman had proved his numerous critics right that he was out to destroy the PDP.

Wike, who was the chairman of the 2016 National Convention Planning Committee, alleged that the main associates of the former acting national chairman were persons of questionable character.

He said: “Those around the former Acting National Chairman (of PDP) have questionable character. They are people who think that they can use the judiciary to cause crisis.

“In my entire political career, I have never seen a man with many opponents as Senator Ali Modu Sheriff. He should apologise to the members of the party.”
He said Sheriff filed a suit against the party, but lied about his involvement in the suit, which was later discovered by the PDP stakeholders.

He urged all the stakeholders to support the caretaker committee of the party, to lead the PDP to success.
Eight members of the immediate past NWC yesterday announced that they had dumped Sheriff.

The eight ex-party officials are: Prince Uche Secondus (Deputy National Chairman); Hon. Onwe Solomon Omwe (Deputy National Secretary); Mr. Victor Kwom (National Legal Adviser); Dr. Kema Chikwe (National Woman Leader); Mr. Abdullahi Maibasira ( National Youth Leader); Elder Bolaji Anani (National Financial Secretary); Alhaji Buhari Bala (National Treasurer) and Chief Olisa Metuh (National Publicity Secretary).
In a six-point resolution dated May 25, 2015, the ex-party officials said:
“As products of the party’s National Convention, we accept without equivocation all decisions and resolutions of the National Convention of the Peoples Democratic Party held at Port Harcourt on 21st May 2016.

“The decision of the National Convention dissolving the National Working Committee merely re-echoes our undeniable decision as members of National Working Committee to give up our tenures for congresses and Convention to be held in May 2016.

“The National Caretaker Committee constituted by the National Convention on 21st May 2016 is fully within the powers of the National Convention under Section 33(5)(e) of the party’s constitution.

“We recognise the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led National Caretaker Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party and offer the Committee all our support and cooperation.

“As responsible and honourable party members who have had the privilege of serving the party at the highest level, we do not support and are not party to any suit, action or activity seeking to challenge the decisions of the National Convention in appointing the National Caretaker Committee or dissolving the former NWC, which had, at any rate, earlier agreed to go.

“We enjoin the entire mass of the youth, women, elders, stakeholders and membership of the party nationwide to shun personal interest and support and cooperate with the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led National Caretaker Committee so that the party may move forward.

The ex- National Secretary, Prof. Adewale Oladipo and ex-National Auditor Adewole Adeyanju have teamed up with Sheriff to contest their ouster in the law courts.

http://thenationonlineng.net/pdp-crisis-ex-nwc-chiefs-dump-sheriff-makarfi/

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by Firefire(m): 7:30am On May 26, 2016
Nonsense!

Same looters rotating and cross carpeting in Nigeria political landscape since independent.

The future of Nigeria in the hands of these same politicians without change of ideology is not sure.

Btw: PDP = APC.

Pictures of the professional looters below for confirmation.

1 Like

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by gift01: 7:30am On May 26, 2016
PDP is dead and buried.
Hit Like if you agree and Quote me with relevant reasons if you think otherwise

8 Likes

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by Nobody: 7:30am On May 26, 2016
tongue

6 Likes

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by Zico5(m): 7:30am On May 26, 2016
See confusion, how can a party built on confusion and selfishness lead a country to the promised land. We need to bury this party totally or the party will bury Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by Nobody: 7:31am On May 26, 2016
PDP better keep their camp together if they want a chance of seizing power come 2019

5 Likes

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by DickDastardly(m): 7:31am On May 26, 2016
Thats whats up cool cool
Have always known sheriff to be a planted mole .... good awakening!
Errrrm .... keneking .... abeg borrow me that your oliver d'coque "ibiri kambiri cassette grin

4 Likes

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by omehsmovie: 7:33am On May 26, 2016
PDP = APC = Personal Interest.

=======================

Abeg make unah watch Sexy Anita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXerPjYpMOM
Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by skillet(m): 7:33am On May 26, 2016
Modified. This is welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by Nobody: 7:35am On May 26, 2016
Shariff has no intergrity. He is one of the boko haramite top sponsorer. We all support his removal.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by shark003: 7:36am On May 26, 2016
I smell shit here
Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by Progressive01(m): 7:36am On May 26, 2016
Lmao!! Yeye party. cheesy

Jesus Christ!! shockedshockedshocked

A Ugandan just called on a live phone in programme and said "the naira crashed because of how long it took for Buhari to appoint ministers". gringrin

Na wa oo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by YoursGEJ(m): 7:37am On May 26, 2016
(In TonyeBarcanista's voice): "The party remains united"

1 Like

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by Megatone(m): 7:38am On May 26, 2016
gift01:
PDP is dead and buried.
Hit Like if you agree and Quote me with relevant reasons if you think otherwise

Its better for PDP to put its house in other come 2019, because i foresee APC encountering the same challenges come 2018. Its a normal thing for people with personal interest to clash in any political party.

I foresee 3 camps in APC : Buhari camp (CPC), Atiku Camp (New PDP) and Tinubu Camp (ACN). Please bear in mind that Buhari cannot contest in 2019 because under the constitution, you cannot contest a presidential election when you are above 75 years.

We need a strong opposition in other to checkmate the ruling party. A one party system in Nigeria can only weaken our democratic structure.

My candid opinion.

7 Likes

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by legendte(m): 7:38am On May 26, 2016
Change the change.
Keep it up PDP. All they need is to get a credible nationalist from North who can garner about 35% of northern votes. South West will be divided as usual with PMB getting slight advantage. South East and South South will definitely give PDP 90% votes. Unless Buhari sits up which is good for everyone and good for democracy. Even if PDP doesn't win the presidency, they will definitely reclaim more states and position the party well for 2023. PDP is a party for all and anyone wishing the party dead is an enemy of democracy. The party also needs a disciplined leader. The corruption in PDP only reflects the level of corruption in Nigeria. The corruption that has eaten up even our educational system. Parents now pay people to write common entrance exam for their ward. Yet in all these challenges, no one can deny that Nigeria and Nigerians became better in so many areas. Polio eradication, poverty, strengthening of democratic institutions, job creations, reforms in the banking sector, UBE, telecommunication, standard of living, entertainment and many billionaires emerged . What we need is to pick people based on their political ideology. PDP was not our problem but we are our own problem. You can't go to Enugu state and condemn PDP, even though Amaechi has left PDP, you can't say he didn't try. You can't say Akpabio didn't try. You can't say Yaradua in his short term didn't try. Elrufai was a strong tool in PDP. Late Dora Akunyili did wonders in NAFDAC. The coming of APC gave me joy but their divisive nature is not healthy for Nigeria. We need someone like Yaradua who is educated, visionary, incorruptible, humble and carries everyone along.

6 Likes

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by nicosky04: 7:39am On May 26, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]Who is fooling who?
Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by otukpo(f): 7:40am On May 26, 2016
So sherrif has become an outcast.

1 Like

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by ORACLE1975(m): 7:40am On May 26, 2016
Good news

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by ejagbangba: 7:41am On May 26, 2016
The more they tried to redeem d dying party d more it sinks.battle for superiority wud neva allow pdp get it again
Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by Pidggin(f): 7:41am On May 26, 2016
Megatone:
PDP!III ..... Power to the People
Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by menxer: 7:41am On May 26, 2016
Confusion Inc.
Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by Oblongatarh(m): 7:42am On May 26, 2016
PDP died and resurrected with the name APC. Nigeria politicians are far more wicked and heartless than the devil. Thunder go fire them one by one!
Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by Babzrockman: 7:43am On May 26, 2016
This is no news nah. We know PDP members to be political prostitutes na
Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by KINGwax007(m): 7:54am On May 26, 2016
Struggle....
Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:56am On May 26, 2016
YoursGEJ:
(In TonyeBarcanista's voice): "The party remains united"
I am in agreement with the decision
Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by ebujany(m): 8:00am On May 26, 2016
Its a herculean task for PDP to keep its house in other. House divided against its self won't stand. Wonder what they forgot in aso rock that they want back. Jokers
Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by tunapawizzy: 8:05am On May 26, 2016
Megatone:

Its better for PDP to put its house in other come 2019, because i foresee APC encountering the same challenges come 2018. Its a normal thing for people with personal interest to clash in any political party.

I foresee 3 camps in APC : Buhari camp (CPC), Atiku Camp (New PDP) and Tinubu Camp (ACN). Please bear in mind that Buhari cannot contest in 2019 because under the constitution, you cannot contest a presidential election when you are above 75 years.

We need a strong opposition in other to checkmate the ruling party. A one party system in Nigeria can only weaken our democratic structure.

My candid opinion.
Ehen under which constitution is dat 75yrs age limit.... I am not sure about that o

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by tunapawizzy: 8:09am On May 26, 2016
I duno why these pdp people are postponing d inevitable.... PDP will split into 2 different parties and d earlier that is done the better.... Not when election is 6 months away and voters cant even identify ur logo
Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by Nobody: 8:18am On May 26, 2016
Pdp...shame.
Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by Megatone(m): 8:19am On May 26, 2016
tunapawizzy:

Ehen under which constitution is dat 75yrs age limit.... I am not sure about that o

GOOGLE is our friend....

Try and do some research yourself....

Except NASS can amend the constitution before 2019
Re: Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi by daniska3yaro(m): 8:25am On May 26, 2016
Just like the game of throne,everything na betrayal

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thousands Of Arewa Youths Storm Kanu House PICS / Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating / This Is Not A 5 Star Hotel In Lekki. It Is A 400 Room Mansion Owned By A Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.