Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,136 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. (2093 Views)

46 Kenyan Women Strip Unclad Because Their Husbands Can't Satisfy Them Sexually / 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives / Career Women Battle Housemaids’ Sexcapades, Randy Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by harsysky(m): 8:02am On May 26, 2016
I go with the pastor...

The story in full:

I was having my hair-cut yesterday when this conversation ensues between the barber and his friend:

Barber:- that pastor dey yab me that day for whole church.

Friend:-how?

Barber:- how he go talk say any man wey dey go market to buy foodstuffs na stingyman and you know say I dey do am and pastor don see me b4.

Friend:-hahahaha...I no knw wetin I fit talk for that one o. E no concern am naa.

Barber:-i no blame am , he no knw wetin to be romantic be.
Ends

I wanna die inside with laughter. Maybe if I had laughed and said a piece of my mind, I could be going home with Skin-cut. I just jejely calmed down.

Yes! Any husband who does that is a stingy man. Imagine when a husband goes to the market pricing tomatoes and pepper 20, 20 naira or say stuffs like , " honey, the pepper I do buy 10, 10 naira is now 15, 15 naira now o". Chai, If wives do it, no problem. It's the duty of the wives.

These little things wire the men's brain into being stingy to the family without them knowing. As for the women, they are used to it and that's why most people would say women are stingy folks, but they are not because that's the power they have to build homes. If a man goes to the market week in week out, na the wife I dey pity for, seriously. Do it when wifey is sick or when you wanna surprise maybe due to stress she has undergone. What happens to going together with the wife? That's the only romantic one I know...
Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by jobdone: 8:25am On May 26, 2016
harsysky:
I go with the pastor...

The story in full:

I was having my hair-cut yesterday when this conversation ensues between the barber and his friend:

Barber:- that pastor dey yab me that day for whole church.

Friend:-how?

Barber:- how he go talk say any man wey dey go market to buy foodstuffs na stingyman and you know say I dey do am and pastor don see me b4.

Friend:-hahahaha...I no knw wetin I fit talk for that one o. E no concern am naa.

Barber:-i no blame am , he no knw wetin to be romantic be.
Ends

I wanna die inside with laughter. Maybe if I had laughed and said a piece of my mind, I could be going home with Skin-cut. I just jejely calmed down.

Yes! Anyman who does that is a stingyman. Do it when wifey is sick or when you wanna surprise maybe due to stress she has undergone. What happens to going together with the wife? That's the only romantic one I know...

I disagreed with that, the condition and mind of
doing it will determine. ones case study cannot be used for others. for me, we have a shop that we do buy our food stuff so if i collect my salary I will just give the woman money after I told her what we needed and sometimes, my wife does .

1 Like

Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by harsysky(m): 8:35am On May 26, 2016
jobdone:

I disagreed with that, the condition and mind of
doing it will determine. ones case study cannot be used for others. for me, we have a shop that we do buy our food stuff so if i collect my salary I will just give the woman money after I told her what we needed and sometimes, my wife does .

Yours is another case study o. I think I'll not include you among those I'm talking about. Urs is like an agreement wia wifey may already know what the family needs. The men I'm talking about do it from the abundance of the stingyness in their hearts.
Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by Janeyinspires(f): 9:21am On May 26, 2016
Going to the market to haggle and buy foodstuff is stress.Oga barber n 95% of men who have taken it upon themselves to do it are simply stingy...The 5% who do it have a mutual pact with wifey,of which she doesn't object to.

1 Like

Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by harsysky(m): 9:26am On May 26, 2016
Janeyinspires:
Going to the market to haggle and buy foodstuff is stress.Oga barber n 95% of men who have taken it upon themselves to do it are simply stingy...The 5% who do it have a mutual pact with wifey,of which she doesn't object to.

You nailed it! And After the whole haggle and stress, you find them vent their anger on wifey for job wey person no send them.

2 Likes

Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by alfa0: 9:58am On May 26, 2016
i totally disagree,i have helped my wife go to market number of times that i cant count .
here is how it happens,the market we normally use is along my way to and from work.so if she finds out that there is something we are lacking in the house,she politely ask me to help buy them on my way coming back home,and i gladly accept.

secondly,during her pregnancy days,i gladly go to market and buy things for her.you don't expect a pregnant woman to be pushing her body around our market or do you.?

Sometimes we even go together to the market..its fun..you might not understand.

maybe the pastor was talking from another angle you failed to understand.

2 Likes

Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by zimunachimdi: 10:18am On May 26, 2016
I hate going to the market,dh helps at times. So i diagree with you.

2 Likes

Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by harsysky(m): 10:34am On May 26, 2016
alfa0:
i totally disagree,i have helped my wife go to market number of times that i cant count .
here is how it happens,the market we normally use is along my way to and from work.so if she finds out that there is something we are lacking in the house,she politely ask me to help buy them on my way coming back home,and i gladly accept.

secondly,during her pregnancy days,i gladly go to market and buy things for her.you don't expect a pregnant woman to be pushing her body around our market or do you.?

Sometimes we even go together to the market..its fun..you might not understand.

maybe the pastor was talking from another angle you failed to understand.

My man, you no be the husbands we dey talk about. They know themselves. They do it regularly without even consulting their wives. Those are the stingy ones I'm talking about... U are among the romantic ones cos I beliv those stingy ones, once their wives become pregnant u no go see them go market again.

1 Like

Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by harsysky(m): 10:40am On May 26, 2016
zimunachimdi:
I hate going to the market,dh helps at times. So i diagree with you.

It's no joy going to the market , but if you allow hubby do it regularly or more than necessary, ur husband go become a stingy man. Na advice I dey give you...

1 Like

Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by alfa0: 10:57am On May 26, 2016
harsysky:

My man, you no be the husbands we dey talk about. They know themselves. They do it regularly without even consulting their wives. Those are the stingy ones I'm talking about... U are among the romantic ones cos I beliv those stingy ones, once their wives become pregnant u no go see them go market again.

cheesy,but permit me to ask,do we have stingy husband?
cos am wondering what could be their gain. cheesy
Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by harsysky(m): 11:31am On May 26, 2016
alfa0:

cheesy,but permit me to ask,do we have stingy husband?
cos am wondering what could be their gain. cheesy

Yes, there are stingy husbands. Some of these stingy husbands don't actually love their wives. Theirs is just to feed their wives and also to make sure no kobo enters the wives' hands. They don't allow their wives to work as well. Their gain is for their wives to always bow down and worship them which is selfishness in my opinion.

I don't think it's common with men who are 35 and below or perhaps the percentage who do now are lesser compared to our fathers and grandfathers.
Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by ogawisdom(m): 4:19pm On May 26, 2016
Pointless thread there is no general formula for marriage, whatever works for a couple is okay. Besides family settings vary. Some men r nw house husband u kw. D impt thing is dt D family resources are well managed to d benefit of all.

Being prudent is a good family skill esp when resources r scarce
Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by harsysky(m): 4:33pm On May 26, 2016
ogawisdom:
Pointless thread there is no general formula for marriage, whatever works for a couple is okay. Besides family settings vary. Some men r nw house husband u kw. D impt thing is dt D family resources are well managed to d benefit of all.

And to think yours is the better option makes you the almighty "Ogawisdom"? Give ur opinion and gerarahia. Saying it's pointless when some are actually attesting to it makes ur comment pointless.

When u call urself a wiseman, it clouds ur judgement. Let others do that for u.
Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by harsysky(m): 4:36pm On May 26, 2016
ogawisdom:

Your view on it is wonderful but calling it pointless makes you devoid of the wisdom you accord yourself.

I very much agree that "being prudent is a good family skill esp when resources r scarce".
Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by ogawisdom(m): 4:52pm On May 26, 2016
harsysky:

Your view on it is wonderful but calling it pointless makes you devoid of the wisdom you accord yourself.

I very much agree that "being prudent is a good family skill esp when resources r scarce".

Op ur thread is nt only pointless but useless. How can you call men dt go to market to buy food items stingy when u don't kw d circumstances dt led to dt. Every family is different. If this is all ur mind can conceive then u r absolutely shallow minded.

What abt men dt ask their wives to write list of items to buy from d market b4 giving them money guess ur shallow mind regards these prudent men as stingy too. U still ve alot of learning to do bro, probably u r still writing WAEC

2 Likes

Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by harsysky(m): 5:02pm On May 26, 2016
ogawisdom:

Op ur thread is nt only pointless but useless. How can you call men dt go to market to buy food items stingy when u don't kw d circumstances dt led to dt. Every family is different. If this is all ur mind can conceive then u r absolutely shallow minded.

What abt men dt ask their wife to write list of items to buy from d market b4 giving them money guess ur shallow mind regards these prudent men as stingy too. U still ve alot of learning to do bro, probably u r still writing WAEC

You, my friend, are a fool! if you'd read the comments on this thread well, you will figure out the kind of men I'm referring to. These men don't consult their wives at all, and when they must have bought these stuffs, you see them vent anger on their innocent wives cos of the stress they'd undergone for wetin dey no send them.

For christ sake, are you this shallow-minded even with the so called wisdom attached to your name? Swerve joor!
Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by zimunachimdi: 7:11pm On May 26, 2016
harsysky:

It's no joy going to the market , but if you allow hubby do it regularly or more than necessary, ur husband go become a stingy man. Na advice I dey give you...

ok sir.

1 Like

Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by poshestmina(f): 8:28pm On May 26, 2016
I once dated a guy that practically complained about every thing.
'you should have gotten a packet of Maggi, you should have gotten sugar 200# instead of a pack,don't tell me you used 3k to cook(soup with Meat,fish,stockfish,dried fish)?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

It got to the extent he told me to stop giving his friends food (they stay in the same estate and come around whenever they see me)

Staying with such men is frustrating not like he was broke ,u wouldn't know what next grain of rice you eat will annoy them grin grin grin
Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by harsysky(m): 8:40pm On May 26, 2016
poshestmina:
I once dated a guy that practically complained about every thing.
'you should have gotten a packet of Maggi, you should have gotten sugar 200# instead of a pack,don't tell me you used 3k to cook(soup with Meat,fish,stockfish,dried fish)?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

It got to the extent he told me to stop giving his friends food (they stay in the same estate and come around whenever they see me)

Staying with such men is frustrating not like he was broke ,u wouldn't know what next grain of rice you eat will annoy them grin grin grin

Some guys on here think I may be insane to be writing on matters like this. I knw what guys who know much about going to market and pricing stuffs could do. It's not in men's nature to do it, but even when they do, you find out it changes their lifestyle and most women won't practically live with them.

Thank God, you don experience am. I'm a guy, I have been studying guys who do this ,and I've come to find out it corrupts them instead of making them a better husband.
Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by Janeyinspires(f): 6:43am On May 27, 2016
harsysky:

You nailed it! And After the whole haggle and stress, you find them vent their anger on wifey for job wey person no send them.

Spot on!
N they should keep the small small change.

Who knows if they perceive that wifey's gonna inflate the expenses....Kai!

1 Like

Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by oluafam: 8:01am On May 27, 2016
Yes, my brother in-law does it and it's annoying.

If my husband is doing it, I won't be happy at all, because I dey get beta beta change from there(abeg no call me thief oo).

1 Like

Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by Aquariann: 8:24am On May 27, 2016
In the last twenty something years of my life, I can count the number of times my mom went to the market to buy "foodstuffs". Heck, she just too busy for that.

Here is how its done in my home. Once in a month, or two or three, mom say "Our food done finish o" or something like "We need this o"

Dad, I or elder brother goes to the market. Buys bag of rice (this one dey hardly finish sef), bag/basin of garri, beans, tubers of yams, bunch of plantain (dis one na every week), basket of tomatoes (which is then blended and stored in the freezer), bag of onions.

Then a full/whole/complete goat, cow head and some beef, carton of ice fish (some of these items are smoked, others are stored in the fridge).

Dad works in a different state (north), so buying these items are quite cheap. The only thing I know my mom takes care off Is red oil. And she still doesn't go to the market, she just put a call across and it's sent from her village. Nobody goes to the market every day in my home. But if there's anything that's needed, like vegetables (mumsy sef get garden for backyard), she'll pass through the market from the office or my younger sister handles it.

This formula has worked for them for years and is actually still working for them. And everyone is happy.

Biko, do whatever works for your home. Everyone has an opinion.

1 Like

Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by harsysky(m): 9:06am On May 27, 2016
oluafam:
Yes, my brother in-law does it and it's annoying.

If my husband is doing it, I won't be happy at all, because I dey get beta beta change from there(abeg no call me thief oo).

It doesn't make you a thief in my own opinion. Whatever change you get is nothing cos going to market ain't easy, and the truth is that you ladies see it as normal whereas a husband could go to the market and when he comes back you see he is just fuming cos of the stress. That change is your entitlement in my own opinion but when things become hard like the time we are now, make sure you no take big big change.
Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by harsysky(m): 9:13am On May 27, 2016
Aquariann:
In the last twenty something years of my life, I can count the number of times my mom went to the market to buy "foodstuffs". Heck, she just too busy for that.

Here is how its done in my home. Once in a month, or two or three, mom say "Our food done finish o" or something like "We need this o"

Dad, I or elder brother goes to the market. Buys bag of rice (this one dey hardly finish sef), bag/basin of garri, beans, tubers of yams, bunch of plantain (dis one na every week), basket of tomatoes (which is then blended and stored in the freezer), bag of onions.

Then a full/whole/complete goat, cow head and some beef, carton of ice fish (some of these items are smoked, others are stored in the fridge).

Dad works in a different state (north), so buying these items are quite cheap. The only thing I know my mom takes care off Is red oil. And she still doesn't go to the market, she just put a call across and it's sent from her village. Nobody goes to the market every day in my home. But if there's anything that's needed, like vegetables (mumsy sef get garden for backyard), she'll pass through the market from the office or my younger sister handles it.

This formula has worked for them for years and is actually still working for them. And everyone is happy.

Biko, do whatever works for your home. Everyone has an opinion.

Buying in bulk is wonderful! That's the method I love most but those daily or weekly enroute to market , na dia I dey get wahala with husbands doinG it for wifey. U grab! Hope say tomato no be wahala for una?
Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by Aquariann: 12:14pm On May 27, 2016
harsysky:

Buying in bulk is wonderful! That's the method I love most but those daily or weekly enroute to market , na dia I dey get wahala with husbands doinG it for wifey. U grab! Hope say tomato no be wahala for una?

I get you.. As for tomatoes, it's quite expensive now.
Re: Stingy Husbands Buy The Foodstuffs. by harsysky(m): 12:34pm On May 27, 2016
Aquariann:

I get you.. As for tomatoes, it's quite expensive now.

Importation of tomatoes is even cheaper. E go better. Making stew now is more of using pepper to substitute for tomatoes. Without standby cold water now, One can't eat cos of the too much pepper.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Handle This My Father's Relation / My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. / Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.