Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. (3874 Views)

10 Good Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend. / 10 Good Benefits Of Being Ugly As A Lady / 10 Good Reasons Why Ladies Steal Their Friends BOYFRIEND (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by heryurh(m): 12:24pm On May 26, 2016
NOTE I DIDN'T MENTION A FEW ARTISTS FOR SOME REASONS.

[b]Please note that this list was made based on what i think. And if for a second you're thinking Heryurh is beefing the below listed "bad" lyricist,have it in mind that i was great of them befow they started spitting wack lyrics. So i'd group them in two parts(5Bad & 5Good)which i already stated above. The Bad First then the Good, there's no sane human who would wanna listen to the Good News before a Bad News when someone informs them they have both. Just Saying! So quickly let's run through this list.

TOP 5 BAD LYRICISTS

*1 - OLAMIDE - Most of y'all especially the die hard fans would be prepared to pour out insults on me seeing that he's topping the list but i came prepared. Baddo to me was really "Bahd!" when he first started,all his lyrics made sense ,"Eni duro" was a bomb with lyrics following a sequence and kinda passing a message and on and on it went, I personally took my time back then to learn all the lyrics to his songs but "this all happened before the accident". Olamide died "lyrically" and now all we hear him sing now is "Idi", "Furo" ,"Condo" "Puna","Ladi" and so many vulgar lyrics. Let me just "drop the mic" on Olamide. Over to the Next!

*2 - DAVIDO - O.B.O oughto be topping this list but Olamide beat him to it simply because we're no longer surprised as to what Davido is capable of. Right from his "Dami Duro" single, this Bruv has been spewing trash but although some of his songs had some meaningful lyrics. The likes of "Ayo" ,"Gobe" ,but we can't say maybe he actually bought the songs,who knows .Owo ni Koko sha ,keep singing the good song.You're the Baddest! *Ewwww*

*3 - LIL KESH - Y'all shouldn't be surprised about this one na. We all know the Apple(Lil Kesh) doesn't fall far from the Tree(Olamide) . All Lil Kesh's song is infested with Virus of spewing Vulgar lyrics though i must confess i danced to some of his songs because "Young John is a Wicked Producer". Let me stop there for Lil Kesh sha. Success on his New Label YAGI.

*4 - PHYNO - All the die hard fans would wanna talk too but i won't talk much about this guy because he's just the Igbo Version of Olamide and as the saying goes "Birds of a feather flock together".

*5 - KOREDE BELLO - Almost all the girls would want to attack me on this one but i understand. I personally love this guy(no homo) after jamming to his first 3 Singles (Cold Outside, Godwin, Romantic) but then i became tired of this guy why, because i noticed Korede sings within a Box which isn't good and then i heard this Chike song that was released by Iceprince featuring KB , i was feeling this song not until Korede's verse came in and this song just literally died, was disappointed i couldn't even get what he was singing in the song. It's not like KB is bad lyricist but i decided to put him up on this list. I'm Out of this Bad List!

TOP 5 GOOD LYRICISTS

*1 - BANKY W - Nothing to say about this Bruv, he's been good with his lyrics all the way from the beginning straight up till now. Keep it up Bruv!.

*2 - 2BABA - No words! He definitely is among the numerous number of living Legends. African King to his "African Queen". Keep going Bruv!

OYA MODIFIED grin ! OTHER TOP MUSICIANS ON THE LIST :- SIMI, DAREY, TIMI DAKOLO AND SO ON AND SO FORTH. WIZKID DON ENTER 9TH POSITION.

*8 - FALZ - Maybe your shouldn't just listen to his "Tonashon" but also listen to what his lyrics is about. This guy's lyrics obviously tells a Story. Listen to every of his words especially "Soldier" even this other song he did with Yemi Alade "Marry Me". This guy's lyrics always follow a sequence. You could also listen to "Bahd,Baddo,Baddest" but wait only God understands why Olamide was talking about a Girl on his bed in that song.Hello Bae! *winks*

*9 - WIZKID - Baba Nla, making waves worldwide now. Started out from "Holla At Ur Boy" and the Kid blew because he's gifted even though he sings about girls most of the times. Keep it up Bruv.

*10 - REEKADO BANKS - Nothing much to say about this dude even though he's still under his father (Don Jazzy). He's good with lyrics but i don't know[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by AxeurdaddyIX: 12:29pm On May 26, 2016
Ok
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 26, 2016
How can this list deter people from still listening to their songs?
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by jaysix(m): 12:54pm On May 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 26, 2016
the list is so bullshit both the good and the bad

where are darey? cobhams?.............. rekaado banks ke undecided, wizzy is Good both he is no close to the top 5, go back and do a proper survey grin grin
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by unapapadeycraze: 1:38pm On May 26, 2016
Good lyrics : M.i, african rapper number 1.
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by danduchi(m): 5:41pm On May 26, 2016
What's this one writing... Sound Sultan, Darey Art Alade are the best lyricist in Nigeria. Sound Sultan is just an underrated artist... He has one of the best Nigeria collaboration wth 2Face...
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 26, 2016
How did this find its way to Romance section?
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by deskhal(m): 5:49pm On May 26, 2016
They all suck. I'll stay foriegn all day long.
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by makydebbie(f): 5:57pm On May 26, 2016
wrong section!..................................................what ever you say about olamide..i will still download his songs..who you EPP?
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by Julietcutie(f): 7:22pm On May 26, 2016
nice list... but op don't know about that korede bello own d kid is good
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by heryurh(m): 11:58pm On May 26, 2016
makydebbie:
wrong section!..................................................what ever you say about olamide..i will still download his songs..who you EPP?
You don baff?! undecided
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by heryurh(m): 11:59pm On May 26, 2016
danduchi:
What's this one writing... Sound Sultan, Darey Art Alade are the best lyricist in Nigeria. Sound Sultan is just an underrated artist... He has one of the best Nigeria collaboration wth 2Face...
Did u read the part where i said it's modified? undecided
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by heryurh(m): 12:01am On May 27, 2016
Julietcutie:
nice list... but op don't know about that korede bello own d kid is good
Everyone keeps calling him a Kid. The dude is 20 for goodness sake! angry
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by Julietcutie(f): 12:07am On May 27, 2016
lol he actually has a baby face... and y is it paining you sef? na ur brother
heryurh:

Everyone keeps calling him a Kid. The dude is 20 for goodness sake! angry
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by STILESGANG: 12:25am On May 27, 2016
So wizkid is a good lyricist?
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by Marv650(m): 1:41am On May 27, 2016
Your list is so rough , but youre actually not wrong for me it goes thus
1.lil kesh 2.reminisce 3.olamide 4.wizkid 5.davido 6.small doctor
the good ones
1.cobhams,falz,mi,2face,adekule gold etc. . .
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by rose54321: 1:45am On May 27, 2016
M.I Abaga best rapper ever, Lyrics always on point
He should be on that list o

Lil Kesh should be Number 1 of "Bad of the Baddest" Lyrics (if that makes sense).

Efejuko WTF?? Gbese?

He deserves the crown.
Nice dance tracks, but terrible lyrics.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by Marv650(m): 1:53am On May 27, 2016
rose54321:
M.I Abaga best rapper ever, Lyrics always on point
He should be on that list o

Lil Kesh should be Number 1 of "Bad of the Baddest" Lyrics (if that makes sense).

Efejuko WTF?? Gbese?

He deserves the crown.
Nice dance tracks, but terrible lyrics.
that lil kesh is something else same as that mosquito killer.
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by makydebbie(f): 2:39am On May 27, 2016
heryurh:
You don baff?! undecided
lol...who you serve?
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by heryurh(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2016
makydebbie:
lol...who you serve?
. undecided
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by heryurh(m): 9:05am On May 27, 2016
Julietcutie:
lol he actually has a baby face... and y is it paining you sef? na ur brother
He isn't! I talk sey e dey pain me?! undecided
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by Julietcutie(f): 9:06am On May 27, 2016
ok o
heryurh:
He isn't! I talk sey e dey pain me?! undecided
Re: Top 10 Good & Bad Lyricists In The Nigerian Music Industry. by heryurh(m): 9:08am On May 27, 2016
STILESGANG:
So wizkid is a good lyricist?
Oga Ade write ur own lyrics lemme see! angry

(1) (Reply)

The Leaked Sexy Chat Between Brother Uche And Sister Kate (screenshot) / You Don't Love Her If.......... / Guys: What Does It For You: Briefs Or Boxers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.