Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike (39491 Views)

State House Clinic Budget Cut By FG After Criticisms / Petrol Price Hike Imminent As Marketers Propose N165 Per Litre - Leadership / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Declares Nationwide Strike, Shuts Down Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by Greyworld: 3:03pm On May 26, 2016
Goke7:
the marketers can never survive without subsidy, that's what has been keeping them in business for so long which also makes them credit worthy to banks, now that subsidy is gone, most of them will wind up soon. Only the major marketers can survive post subsidy regime.

Most Nigerians don't understand this. The only solution to the fuel crisis, is working refineries period.
Who paid your fees did not waste a dime.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by 989900B: 3:05pm On May 26, 2016
Goke7:

abegi, who told you its all of them that are actually importing petroleum products, is that not why its a scam, how many of them are actually spending money to import petrol, is those who pack water and put petrol on top to deceive regulators [of course they too are compromised] that are doing business? madam business woman, if the subsidy regime was that rigorous as you are implying, most of these marketers would have found something better to do that will reduce their hassles.

I know them. I have some as friends, some as clients (they are starving right now). Some of them ships don't even berth here. Some of them tankers are re-routed to Benin rep., Niger, Cameroun.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by Papertrail11(m): 3:13pm On May 26, 2016
bigtt76:
Den think say na Master Card Naira the importers go take import fuel? Are they serious at all? grin

funniest coment today
hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by Papertrail11(m): 3:17pm On May 26, 2016
InMyOpinion:
[size=15pt]Some alarmist posts like this on social media and other media are mainly the reasons for artificial scarcity of PMS in this country. Many Nigerians after reading this will begin panic-buying and the resultant queues will make the fuel stations close down some pumps creating even longer queues- eventually some stations will close down and sell only to black marketers. angry ....[/size]

+1
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by EzeRedd(m): 3:22pm On May 26, 2016
sylver1:

Baba. So you dey here too.
How Far you? It's been long

I dey o. E don really tey. Send me this nairaland email msg. I wan no whether e dey work.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by Orikinla(m): 3:26pm On May 26, 2016
Economic sabotage deserves capital punishment.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by Goke7: 3:28pm On May 26, 2016
989900B:

I know them. I have some as friends, some as clients (they are starving right now). Some of them ships don't even berth here. Some of them tankers are re-routed to Benin rep., Niger, Cameroun.

oga you sabi dem fa, dem sef go join people talk say Govt no get policy direction chai, you see as we be for naija!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by Aura2(f): 3:29pm On May 26, 2016
[quote author=chigoizie7 post=45987998]

In that case, what price is pegged for the marketers?

Sell as you buy, if you can buy. Regulatory taskforce are only there to check dispensed volume and quality not price.

Why wouldn't FG come out and tell Nigerians the truth?

The information is best for people who are in the business, yours is to buy available product at an affordable price, marketers and Govt are responsible for availability, always know your place in the polity. you cannot be a conductor asking the driver to give you the vehicle registration papers to keep.
How many nigerians deserve to know the truth in the first place? they are busy with APC and PDP, when they are tired, they will ask the right questions.

Don't u think there will be more queue if NNPC sell @ N145 and other marketers sell above N200?

What did my post say about long queue at the govt stations?

[b]Do u think the reason for the removal of subsidy is achieved? Maybe yes, to save FG some money, but did it save the general populace a dime? Will it reduce the queues in our petrol stations?
[/b]We all now know that prices of commodities in naija markets are all dependent on PMS prices, how much is FG going to gain with regards to how poor they will make nigerians? Does it worth it? Turning blind eyes to the plight of the masses?

Subsidy removal is not designed to save you a dime, it was designed to relieve the government of forex differential burden accrued to the marketers who are coming to advance the availability chain because the insecurity in the delta has eroded the govt's capacity to provide at the subsidized rate. As a matter of fact we made over recovery before the crisis.
on the flip side, if the Nigerian people accept the increased price, when peace returns to the delta, the DSDP will become an alternative revenue earner for the govt in the downstream sector. OR the govt may still consider reverting to the old price when the coast is clear.

s
Since FG has thrown the fx to open market, are NNPC among those dat will source fx anyhow they want?

DSDP is NNPC's import quota, they don't need Fx to import, even if they did, it is very little compared to the marketers, its perhaps needed for logistics and sundry payments, nothing significant to worry about.

Can petrol marketers survive in such competitions? Even the NNPC? Can they drag the fx market with other importers whose final prices of their goods ain't regulated by FG? ( a businessman is will to buy the limited fx from any market @ N500/$, import his goods, channel the cost as cost of production to the final consumer and still make his profits, can petroleum products dealers do that even when their prices are being regulated? )mind u, the availability of fx is limited with so many people @ demand.

We actually sacked the marketers last quarter of 2015 if you still recall, so yes they will survive however they have been surviving before, as regards the competition, NNPC will sell at the same price with them in major cities and sell at lower prices in villages where the marketers have no significant reach, with proper timing everybody will peacefully coexist.

Yes they will mount serious pressure on the Fx supply of the secondary market so Yes! expect a marginal upward inflationary trend.
As the demand for fx increases, cost of goods and services will increase, one of those goods is pms, there is no cap for the marketers, the only existing cap is for NNPC.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by Aura2(f): 3:33pm On May 26, 2016
Goke7:

abegi, who told you its all of them that are actually importing petroleum products, is that not why its a scam, how many of them are actually spending money to import petrol, is it those who pack water and put petrol on top to deceive regulators [of course they too are compromised] that are doing business? madam business woman, if the subsidy regime was that rigorous as you are implying, most of these marketers would have found something better to do that will reduce their hassles.

If they are not spending money to import, who is mounting pressure on your Fx, Ghosts? why is naira exchanging for 345 if no one was demanding for fx?
I know internet is everywhere now,it is no license to delve into issues you have no idea about.
Ok!! I can see you are still in 2012, buzz me when you check your calendar.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by opribo(m): 3:40pm On May 26, 2016
Anybody that's want to do what nobody has done before will surely see what nobody has seen before. Kachikwu instead of doing things step by step, he just came he has never been a minister before, he has not been in government before all I know is that he was the editor of Hints magazine now he wants to come and do magic with our NNPC. He should be ready to face the consequences if his rubbish experiment fails because Nigerians will teach him a lesson he will never forget in a hurry.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by EazyMoh(m): 3:49pm On May 26, 2016
chigoizie7:

U really don't get it do u? There isn't enough forex by black markets to see to all their needs. U really have to maintain the BOP, u don't want it in deficit. So, u can't get more than what we have as external reserve.

If u understand the principles of balance of payment, then u will understand what I meant.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Can't they get the dollars from the banks at N280/1$ or are telling me even the banks don't have the dollars?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by Goke7: 3:49pm On May 26, 2016
Aura2:

If they are not spending money to import, who is mounting pressure on your Fx, Ghosts? why is naira exchanging for 345 if no one was demanding for fx?
I know internet is everywhere now,it is no license to delve into issues you have no idea about.
Ok!! I can see you are still in 2012, buzz me when you check your calendar.

Ok, who went to the Finance Minister to complain that they need fx from CBN to import PMS? Ghosts I suppose too, Madam I repeat if the business is as strenuous as you are spreading to everyone here, those marketers will delve into other businesses to reduce their bp, no be by force to import petrol nah.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by EazyMoh(m): 3:49pm On May 26, 2016
chigoizie7:

U really don't get it do u? There isn't enough forex by black markets to see to all their needs. U really have to maintain the BOP, u don't want it in deficit. So, u can't get more than what we have as external reserve.

If u understand the principles of balance of payment, then u will understand what I meant.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Can't they get the dollars from the banks at N280/1$ or are telling me even the banks don't have the dollars? Or worst the parallel market?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by tijanouzwasii: 3:53pm On May 26, 2016
Goke7:
the marketers can never survive without subsidy, that's what has been keeping them in business for so long which also makes them credit worthy to banks, now that subsidy is gone, most of them will wind up soon. Only the major marketers can survive post subsidy regime.

Most Nigerians don't understand this. The only solution to the fuel crisis, is working refineries period.
i thought they said Buhari has reopen about 7 refinaries??
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by Goke7: 3:53pm On May 26, 2016
EazyMoh:

I have no idea what you are talking about. Can't they get the dollars from the banks at N280/1$ or are telling me even the banks don't have the dollars?

Don't waste your time jor, those marketers can't cope with importing petrol at N280 to a $ without subsidy. its just pure blackmail to deceive us that the parallel market can't cope and make the Govt succumb to their whims

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by tijanouzwasii: 3:54pm On May 26, 2016
we need Revolution for this country oooo
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by Goke7: 3:54pm On May 26, 2016
tijanouzwasii:
i thought they said Buhari has reopen about 7 refinaries??

7 refineries? how many we get sef grin. You must be talking about the 7th wonder of the world
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by fxskye: 3:55pm On May 26, 2016
GWMI:
Apc are the worst set of Politicians in Nigeria.I feel APC leaders are taking Nigeria for a ride and it wouldn't have happened if they did not see some betrayers who are quick to support APC every move but are quick to call others corrupt.Only God will help us.Thanks.

And is it PDP that looted National Treasury while giving Nigerians stipends during oil boom days the best party?

If PDP has not been using our common wealth to rig elections in the past, would we have found ourselves in this economic regression?

PDP fed her cronies to brim at the expense of Nigeria future. the oil cabal is an example.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by Aura2(f): 4:18pm On May 26, 2016
Goke7:

Ok, who went to the Finance Minister to complain that they need fx from CBN to import PMS? Ghosts I suppose too, Madam I repeat if the business is as strenuous as you are spreading to everyone here, those marketers will delve into other businesses to reduce their bp, no be by force to import petrol nah.

So if you are capital oil that owns a multi billion dollar Depot, the biggest in the country, you will convert it to a mortuary to delve into another business right?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by PEREP: 4:20pm On May 26, 2016
chigoizie7:
FG are so daft.

1st u calculated @ d template of 300/$ to arrive @ N145. Good.

2nd, u allowed the value of naira to dollar to be determined by the market when u really don't have enough dollars to go around. In this case, the demand outweighs the supply, automatically, the price will increase which means, if it increases and the marketers are able to get fx finally @ above 300/$ will they still sell @ N145?

FG make una ask una selves that question.no business man will want to be @ lose here.

The problem of this govt is that they make policy "A" today, and then they make policy "B" the next day, a policy that will counter policy "A" entirely.

Their inconsistency has made everyone to stand and be watching them. They are not organised @ all, CBN governor, finance minister, petroleum minister. Are all working differently, they should be working together to avoid this their policy and counter policies.

To me, this government in power is not competent enough to run the affairs of this nation.

What is missing is the coordinating minister of the economy since the Presy and VP won't have the luxury of time to do this.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by Aura2(f): 4:37pm On May 26, 2016
chigoizie7:

Very few Nigerians understand what you just wrote, the rest are busy rubbing their heads with tribalistic juice.
perhaps because Nairaland has been invaded by minors, its difficult so see people who have basic knowledge here let alone a complex one.
wait till you receive a mention on this statement you made, you go talk tire
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by chigoizie7(m): 4:42pm On May 26, 2016
[quote author=Aura2 post=45990307][/quote]

Let's just pray it goes as planned. It still doesn't make any sense to me, these people are meant to be alleviating the poor masses.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by Chukzyfcb(m): 4:55pm On May 26, 2016
Gullible nigerians. When subsidy removal came, majority of nairalander jumping up & down. Saying hw this will cause competition amongst them & drive doWn pump price. Just like it did in telecoms.
This set of gullible fellows frget that these Oil marketers are in a Union unlike the telecoms. In times past they have collectively agreed to hoard fuel, what mkes nairalanders thinnk subsidy removal will break the bond? Hehe I laugh....shebi my prophesy don dey play out small small.
Make one oil firm pull out naa go source forex, abi them no dey compete against each othere again? Rabbish #gullible fellows

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by megaweight(m): 5:02pm On May 26, 2016
EazyMoh:
There should be a clear consequence for the marketers to renegade on the agreed terms. The government shall be ready to deal with anybody that is trying to cause another scarcity. After giving what seems to be the final solution Nigerians are not ready for any other story.
Deal with who? Did you give them forex to import or is d forex from cbn for the cabal in the presidency alone. U dont rush and announce upward review of price when your plans are not failure proof. #pmb think before you act.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by onatisi(m): 5:05pm On May 26, 2016
We warned Nigerians about the early signs of buhari complete and total inability to rule a modern day country.[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by trillville(m): 5:08pm On May 26, 2016
chigoizie7:

Let's just pray it goes as planned. It still doesn't make any sense to me, these people are meant to be alleviating the poor masses.

This is an end game scenario.

The main issue government should be concerned with is not increasing supply of petrol but saving scarce dollars as well as reducing the fuel queues. Fuel queues also get reduced if fewer people can afford to purchase fuel. I believe this is final junction.

Government has three options of diminishing demand for petrol and save dollars in the short run.

1. Fire government workers: upper and middle class will be affected the most.
2. Devalue the naira: all nigerians will suffer and it will take several years for nigeria to recover from this event.
3. Continue to increase the price of petrol until nigerians protest: I believe this is the safest choice for now.

If the FG increases the price of fuel further under the pretense that 145 isn't sufficient to encourage marketers, would nigerians protest?

If nigerians choose to protest government will then insist on implementing oronsaye's bill on reform and at the same time offer a 45000 minimum wage to workers that survive the blood shed.

The fg had thought that at 145 nigerians would protest so the fg could make its devil's bargain. Nigerians however are so used to suffering, we completely ignored the price hike.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by emeka2847: 5:36pm On May 26, 2016
E be like say you need glasses grin

idupaul:
The way it's going I see Buhari being disgraced
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by Goke7: 6:02pm On May 26, 2016
Aura2:

So if you are capital oil that owns a multi billion dollar Depot, the biggest in the country, you will convert it to a mortuary to delve into another business right?

Do you work there? If subsidy removal can't keep it running anymore it can be converted to a church, na today?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by ogene70: 6:17pm On May 26, 2016
EazyMoh:
There should be a clear consequence for the marketers to renegade on the agreed terms. The government shall be ready to deal with anybody that is trying to cause another scarcity. After giving what seems to be the final solution Nigerians are not ready for any other story.

Oga read well, this government hasn't been sincere in any form.
The government agreed to give dollar to the marketers at 285/$ even when the calculations to arrive at N145/liter was done at 300/$. now same government wants the marketers to source $ from black market at 345/$ .
If you are an importer you will understand there's a very big difference between 300 and 345 ,enough to send a business packing.
This question is this , why will the government make a price estimate at 300/$ and expect the marketers to source $ from black market at 345/$ and still make profit? any sense in that?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by mikeapollo: 6:37pm On May 26, 2016
EazyMoh:

Which consequence? Why cant your govt. import all the fuel the country needs? The country cannot do without the importers because it lacks the capacity to import and the importers know this.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by harveyspec: 6:43pm On May 26, 2016
your best friends mum you say, how about your best friend, how much is he making?

what about your mum & you? I ask because any sane person will benefit from it first, then extend it to his siblings & finally friends/others

so I'm interested in how much you have made & not your best friends mother
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike by Deen77: 7:12pm On May 26, 2016
Goke7:

Help me ask, why can't we build refinery? For how long are we going to be importing what we have just to refine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error / Prince Odi Okojie Receives 400 Decampees In Edo (Photos) / National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.