Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,556 members, 7,801,569 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get (17232 Views)

Gastroenteritis And Malaria Killed 62 People In Kogi / Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria / 7 Common Signs Of Kidney Disease You Must Never Ignore!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by dadee007(m): 1:22pm On May 26, 2016
You most certainly have seen them before. In traffic, those pesky people with huge, swollen extremities begging for, as they put it, ''money for treatment'' and you most likely shrugged them off or even more drastically, shooed them away thinking goodness knows how they got that. “They must be from a certain part of the country” You mutter to yourself. They must have drunk dirty, muddy water or something. You think to yourself as you try in your head to justify shooing them away.

Have you had malaria before? I’m assuming you were treated and you were up and doing in a week. But next time you have malaria, pause to think about these facts. You were bitten by a mosquito and you got malaria.

That pesky individual we just talked about earlier was bitten by a mosquito too. He was just unlucky to be bitten by the wrong mosquito. – Look at what he got.

What afflicts the aforementioned individual is called Lymphatic Filariasis A.K.A ELEPHANTIASIS and he got it from a mosquito bite.

In fact, it seems the “best” disease you can get from a mosquito right now is MALARIA.

Other diseases spread by mosquitoes include:

Elephantiasis: Characterized by extreme swelling of body parts including but not limited to- Legs, Arms, Head. This disease has no cure and you just have to cope with it. Many people in Nigeria have it and it affects over 120 million people worldwide. Pictures below.

Yellow Fever: This name is widely used in Nigeria to mean something else but the real yellow fever, spread by mosquitoes, is very deadly. What makes this a dreaded disease is the way it damages the liver. It also causes bleeding in the mouth, the eyes and the gastrointestinal tract, making the victim to vomit blood.

Encephalitis: There are different types of this disease, all caused by the mosquito. It is cruel as it is a disease that affects the brain. Different types of this disease present with different symptoms including: complete paralysis of half of the body, mental retardation, weight loss that will not be regained again, neck rigidity, disorientation, coma, tremors, occasional convulsions and spastic paralysis.

Zika: You must have been hearing about this disease in the news lately. This is a disaster of a disease and even scientists don’t know all the effects it has on both adults and children yet. What we do know is that in adults, it causes Headaches, Red eyes, Joints and muscle pain, Fever and Rash. If a woman is in the early trimesters of pregnancy gets the Zika virus, her unborn baby most likely would get it too and the effects on the unborn are devastating. In unborn babies, the virus “eats” up the brain making the child have a tiny brain and a very small head. This condition is called microcephaly. The baby will have several brain related disorders. No vaccine or treatment is available and in the US and several other countries, pregnant women that have Zika virus, are usually counselled to have an abortion as they won’t like the kind of baby they will deliver. In El Salvador where there was a recent outbreak of the disease, women have been advised not to get pregnant till 2018 when the virus might have been brought under control- It’s that bad.

Pictures of a Zika baby below.

So the next time you get malaria, just think deeply about what it could have been and you would want to give a hug and a kiss to that kind mosquito that gave you ''just'' malaria.
source: http://laffhub.com/blog/malaria-the-best-disease-you-can-get
[img]http://laffhub.com:8080/i/posts/malaria-the-best-disease-you-can-get.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by veekid(m): 2:13pm On May 26, 2016
alhamdulillah!!!

20 Likes

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by eleojo23: 2:14pm On May 26, 2016
So I should hug mosquito because it gives me only malaria?
If I hear!
I will give any mosquito a dirty slap if it perches on my skin!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by Omolola1(f): 2:15pm On May 26, 2016
Wow, just wow .

I'm guessing those kind of mosquitoes are not in Nigeria undecided

1 Like

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by kels4fun(m): 2:17pm On May 26, 2016
bad
Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by immortalvoices(m): 2:17pm On May 26, 2016
Malaria thank you we love you

I said this under the influence of stew without tomatoes and high cost of fuel

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 26, 2016
dadee007:
You most certainly have seen them before. In traffic, those pesky people with huge, swollen extremities begging for, as they put it, ''money for treatment'' and you most likely shrugged them off or even more drastically, shooed them away thinking goodness knows how they got that. “They must be from a certain part of the country” You mutter to yourself. They must have drunk dirty, muddy water or something. You think to yourself as you try in your head to justify shooing them away.

Have you had malaria before? I’m assuming you were treated and you were up and doing in a week. But next time you have malaria, pause to think about these facts. You were bitten by a mosquito and you got malaria.

That pesky individual we just talked about earlier was bitten by a mosquito too. He was just unlucky to be bitten by the wrong mosquito. – Look at what he got.

What afflicts the aforementioned individual is called Lymphatic Filariasis A.K.A ELEPHANTIASIS and he got it from a mosquito bite.

In fact, it seems the “best” disease you can get from a mosquito right now is MALARIA.

Elephantiasis: Characterized by extreme swelling of body parts including but not limited to- Legs, Arms, Head. This disease has no cure and you just have to cope with it. Many people in Nigeria have it and it affects over 120 million people worldwide. Pictures below.

Yellow Fever: This name is widely used in Nigeria to mean something else but the real yellow fever, spread by mosquitoes, is very deadly. What makes this a dreaded disease is the way it damages the liver. It also causes bleeding in the mouth, the eyes and the gastrointestinal tract, making the victim to vomit blood.

Encephalitis: There are different types of this disease, all caused by the mosquito. It is cruel as it is a disease that affects the brain. Different types of this disease present with different symptoms including: complete paralysis of half of the body, mental retardation, weight loss that will not be regained again, neck rigidity, disorientation, coma, tremors, occasional convulsions and spastic paralysis.

Zika: You must have been hearing about this disease in the news lately. This is a disaster of a disease and even scientists don’t know all the effects it has on both adults and children yet. What we do know is that in adults, it causes Headaches, Red eyes, Joints and muscle pain, Fever and Rash. If a woman is in the early trimesters of pregnancy gets the Zika virus, her unborn baby most likely would get it too and the effects on the unborn are devastating. In unborn babies, the virus “eats” up the brain making the child have a tiny brain and a very small head. This condition is called microcephaly. The baby will have several brain related disorders. No vaccine or treatment is available and in the US and several other countries, pregnant women that have Zika virus, are usually counselled to have an abortion as they won’t like the kind of baby they will deliver. In El Salvador where there was a recent outbreak of the disease, women have been advised not to get pregnant till 2018 when the virus might have been brought under control- It’s that bad.

So the next time you get malaria, just think deeply about what it could have been and you would want to give a hug and a kiss to that kind mosquito that gave you ''just'' malaria.
[img]http://laffhub.com:8080/i/posts/malaria-the-best-disease-you-can-get.jpg[/img]
Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by immortalvoices(m): 2:17pm On May 26, 2016
Malaria thank you we love you

I said this under the influence of stew without tomatoes and high cost of fuel

2 Likes

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by mezcri(m): 2:18pm On May 26, 2016
damn... mosquitoes are bad parasites.
thank God most of those diseases are not common as such in our country
Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by CountDracula(m): 2:18pm On May 26, 2016
Na God dey protect person fa... There are so many bad things dat can happen dat don't. D man hit by a toy car and d one hit by a real one are both hit. One was just fortunate, d man who hit d AIDS pusssy and d one who hit d non-AIDS pusssy are both hitters, one just hit d wrong pusssy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by latinoKingdom(m): 2:20pm On May 26, 2016
Mosquitoes has records
They kill estimated 6.2 million malaria death since 2001, they are a great human killer
Small but dangerous

3 Likes

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 26, 2016
You wrote this and someone placed this on the front page. How can malaria be the best disease, when it has killed almost over half of the population of the world since it's discovery. The only best disease is to have too much money

2 Likes

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by dadee007(m): 2:23pm On May 26, 2016
Unfortunately, they are.
Omolola1:
Wow, just wow .

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by kels4fun(m): 2:23pm On May 26, 2016
veekid:
alhamdulillah!!!
space booker...thought i just saw "K"
Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by NaijaMutant(f): 2:24pm On May 26, 2016
So you want us to celebrate the lesser evil grin grin grin

Evil is evil no matter you perspective.

Dear Nigerians,
Please kill all mosquitoes no matter their form or the disease they are pathogenous to

5 Likes

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by ednut1(m): 2:31pm On May 26, 2016
why exactly were mosquitoes created . i once had a bout while in school, for night i was dreaming i was into oil bunkering lifting barrels of oil while in reality na my big pillows i dey play with while asleep grin
Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by hiltop2: 2:34pm On May 26, 2016
dadee007:

So you are telling me that baby's picture is a cartoon image? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by orekelewa09(f): 2:35pm On May 26, 2016
this is why I don't like opening pages like this. u tend to see things that makes u scared.
Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by damton(m): 2:35pm On May 26, 2016
please let us always pardon them mosquitoes. they are innocent.

whenever they bite us, let's just collect our Blood back
Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by bodeoni: 2:38pm On May 26, 2016
Nice write up OP. I get what you are saying but I am not comfy with how you are making malaria a small issue. None of the other mosquito borne diseases are as problematic as malaria. Malaria kills over 400,000 persons annually, most of which are children. Responsible for over 150million clincal cases. Malaria is one of the reasons Africa is poor.

Join the fight against Malaria.

2 Likes

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 26, 2016
The child tho....the worst is the damage cannot be undone.....
*sighs*..
The mosquitoes I have here now have grown resistant to mortein and sniper....infact sniper is like apple juice...anytime I use sniper in my room, its like they grow bigger the next day...and because they're fat and overfed they can't even fly properly...I have go through the tedious process of eliminating them manually

1 Like

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by socialmediaman: 2:42pm On May 26, 2016
Omolola1:
Wow, just wow .

Maybe you should reconsider your guess:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/mosquitoes-carrying-zika-virus-exist-in-nigeria-health-minister/
Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by Abacharles(m): 2:43pm On May 26, 2016
allizwell
Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by socialmediaman: 2:45pm On May 26, 2016
orekelewa09:
this is why I don't like opening pages like this. u tend to see things that makes u scared.

They also give you information first. It's not a horror movie, it's real.

2 Likes

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by Uchemus(m): 2:48pm On May 26, 2016
pls get ur facts right b4 u come here to mislead the general public., Elephantiasis has a cure, and not all encephalitis are caused by mosquito.

1 Like

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by iamcy(m): 2:50pm On May 26, 2016
Nice article....
Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by dadee007(m): 2:52pm On May 26, 2016
This is tragicomedy literature. I thought you would notice it.
bodeoni:
Nice write up OP. I get what you are saying but I am not comfy with how you are making malaria a small issue. None of the other mosquito borne diseases are as problematic as malaria. Malaria kills over 400,000 persons annually, most of which are children. Responsible for over 150million clincal cases. Malaria is one of the reasons Africa is poor.

Join the fight against Malaria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by dadee007(m): 2:53pm On May 26, 2016
What is the cure sir?
Uchemus:
pls get ur facts right b4 u come here to mislead the general public., Elephantiasis has a cure, and not all encephalitis are caused by mosquito.

1 Like

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 26, 2016
It's official, mosquitoes are heartless.. Na y i dey kill dem with no mercy.

1 Like

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by dadee007(m): 2:55pm On May 26, 2016
For mosquitoes, I advice you prevent them getting into your abode in the first place with all your means.
oseod:
The child tho....the worst is the damage cannot be undone.....
*sighs*..
The mosquitoes I have here now have grown resistant to mortein and sniper....infact sniper is like apple juice...anytime I use sniper in my room, its like they grow bigger the next day...and because they're fat and overfed they can't even fly properly...I have go through the tedious process of eliminating them manually

1 Like

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by KELVIN086: 3:03pm On May 26, 2016
Op elephantiasis has a cure. Just that u don't wait till your leg is the size of a fridge before you start treating it. If you notice these kind of things don't happen to the rich , only the ignorant poor people suffer from things like this.
For example, a guy in the village discovers his leg is increasing in size , instead of the guy to visit a doctor maybe because of the cost impications he visits a native doctor instead or someone who claims to understand what's happening to his leg and they give him all sorts of herbs and palm oil for him to ingest and apply on it.
Before u know it the guys leg is now the size of a tree, and then he now pays a visit to the doctor and the doctor tells him nothing can be done to reduce the size that the medication can only stop it from growing, now the damage has been done and can't be reverted.

2 Likes

Re: Malaria: The Best Disease You Can Get by sagtav(f): 3:07pm On May 26, 2016
for prevention and elimination of elephantiasis by World Health Organisation, http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs102/en/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes / Man Who Impregnated A Mad Woman In Katsina, Detained By Police / Hiv/aids Cure - How The West Deceives Nigeria – Jacob Abdulahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.