Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer (57708 Views)

This Man Scammed Me / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Apple Fired An Iphone X Engineer After His Daughter Hands-on Video Turned Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 26, 2016
OP, your thief is really smart shocked

2 Likes

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 26, 2016
Fraudsters everywhere. It's so unfortunate you fell for this one. You should have sold it on Jiji.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Franchise21(m): 7:55pm On May 26, 2016
All I can say is sorry... Guyman don chop u mugu

ItsFranchiseSpeaking
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 26, 2016
abimbawealth:
Choi...
better choi
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by emeka2847: 7:59pm On May 26, 2016
Every alert should show account balance. Scammers a cannot give you account balance .
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by teewhydope(m): 7:59pm On May 26, 2016
Booty4me:
Op dull.. That a bulk SMS .. Magas still plenty for this country grin

grin uno get chill @all
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Cleff4u(m): 8:00pm On May 26, 2016
dont be stupid how can som1 pay money into ur account without ur bank alerting u d transaction, despit dat d balance in ur account would have convince u. abi did d guy know ur account balance
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by justicejay(m): 8:00pm On May 26, 2016
I feel your pain bro.
You just learned a lesson but its pathetic you learned it in a hard way.
We fit advice u but what if the scammer is also here on NL and reading comment after comment

3 Likes

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Opetunde1: 8:01pm On May 26, 2016
All I need now is how you guys are gonna help me! !Pls..
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by SosaHD(m): 8:01pm On May 26, 2016
Booty4me:
Op dull.. That a bulk SMS .. Magas still plenty for this country grin

u talk as if u are nt in nigeria

one day ur own bad day will come and a stupid person will still insult u d way u did to dat guy

mind the way u talk

5 Likes

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by dammyjay93(m): 8:01pm On May 26, 2016
You guys calling the op names should stop that childish attitude, it could easily be any of you, nobody is perfect...OP my own idea, if the number is regular on whatsapp just find one fine babe wey go help you set up the nigga, she'll get close to him online and shii then she sets up a meet and viola! You go for the kill

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by olubenzer: 8:01pm On May 26, 2016
Sorry oooo this is really bad considering our economy but u are to be blame. You lack intelligence.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Dam5reey(m): 8:01pm On May 26, 2016
So the phone was sold online or what ?..
Cos I dont know how this just happened... Give us full details

All you posted is that you got alert phone was sold how did you meet the person...?? Where?

Seems you are trying to scam us too... sad

2 Likes

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Youngetskilz23(m): 8:02pm On May 26, 2016
emeka2847:
Every alert should show account balance. Scammers a cannot give you account balance .
yeah your right. every alert comes with a balance. OP is to blame. he was desperate to just see a 115k alert.. he never botherd to check the balance.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by engrjacuzzi: 8:02pm On May 26, 2016
what is this one saying
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by dammyjay93(m): 8:03pm On May 26, 2016
You guys calling the op names should stop that childish attitude, it could easily be any of you, nobody is perfect...OP my own idea, if the number is regular on whatsapp just find one fine babe wey go help you set up the nigga, she'll get close to him online and shii then she sets up a meet and viola! You go for the kill
Opetunde1:

2 Likes

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 26, 2016
OP your on your own, glo no EPP

Opetunde1:
Scammer Alert!!! Who Can Help Catch This Scammer

I sold an iPhone to this scammer and he did a bank transfer.. I received d alert thinking the money was in and we parted ways. Little did I know that I have just been scammed and it was a fake credit alert. His phone no has been switched off but his whatsapp no is going... Who can help trace him... BEWARE OF BANK ALERTS

The guys no is 09050587873...please help trace him and help me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Youngetskilz23(m): 8:05pm On May 26, 2016
Opetunde1:
the only help here is to report the matter to glo .. once they can trace the profile of the scammer on thier system.. to actually confirm is truly he is the one on the registerd num. from there you can declare him wanted with pictures online. everywere.. am just angry abeg
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Dam5reey(m): 8:06pm On May 26, 2016
Opetunde1:

I sold an iPhone to this scammer and he did a bank transfer.. I received d alert thinking the money was in and we parted ways. Little did I know that I have just been scammed and it was a fake credit alert. His phone no has been switched off but his whatsapp no is going... Who can help trace him... BEWARE OF BANK ALERTS

Na so Nigerians dey think... You dull jare..
Btw is this place EFCC office or police station or glo office..

Seems the internet is beginning to derail our common sense..
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by gestamane: 8:07pm On May 26, 2016
It's only the police and other law enforcement agencies has the constitutional right to the Sim registrations we do.

Go to inform them. The attention you receive depends on how much is involved sha
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Lastdon02(m): 8:07pm On May 26, 2016
this is bulk sms bro... next time always check if you can see your available balance in the message
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Opetunde1: 8:08pm On May 26, 2016
We met on olx.. I haven't heard of this before! !I was so ignorant! All I need now is a solution! I received the allert and I had to unlock my iCloud for him!! When I got to the ATM there was nothing in there! !Pls help me out! !
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Explorers(m): 8:09pm On May 26, 2016
Nigerians...
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Kennydoc(m): 8:10pm On May 26, 2016
Opetunde1:

Sorry for your misfortune.
Did the 'alert' include your account balance? If not, how could you fall for it? If it did include your balance, then the bank should be held liable.
Considering the amount involved you could have been a bit more careful and scrutinised the text properly or even insisted on confirming your balance with ATM card before releasing the phone.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by yoged(m): 8:10pm On May 26, 2016
eh ya. sorry bro . one of the reason it's always good having mobile banking app on your phone. sharperly log in to cross check your account balance .

2 Likes

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by xxxtedyxxx(m): 8:11pm On May 26, 2016
phlame:

Don't say what U don't know
I know what I am saying oga. The scammer used a bulk sms trick to deceive the op. It won't come as a suprise to know that the message won't include his available bank balance. All credit alerts from banks must show ur bank balance. If the bank balance update is nt shown..its a tell tale sign of scam.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by JIIDE(m): 8:12pm On May 26, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]Lol! Jst sound funny, nxt time try 2 b more careful,,,
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by alizma: 8:12pm On May 26, 2016
thank you for supporting our cashless economy

3 Likes

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Missonas(f): 8:14pm On May 26, 2016
Lol na that nokia sure pass oh grin

Op go to the police station with any prove that the said phone is yours and show them the message. They should be able to give you something to show the glo customer care operatives so that they can help trace the number and give you the necessary details to track the scammer. Even though the system is so unreliable its worth a trial. However, you may not be so lucky to get ur money back. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by mousco(m): 8:16pm On May 26, 2016
U gave d scammer ur acct no n fone no

Kai bois r wicked
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 26, 2016
Opetunde1:
hahahahahahahahahaha,but come to think of it,what if the scammer is also on nairaland? (below is what is in his mind now)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number / Ten Things You Didn't Know Your Smartphone Could Do / Enjoy 250MB With Just N300 On Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.