Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer (57685 Views)

This Man Scammed Me / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Apple Fired An Iphone X Engineer After His Daughter Hands-on Video Turned Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by guyXander(m): 9:36am On May 27, 2016
Opetunde1:
Scammer Alert!!! Who Can Help Catch This Scammer

I sold an iPhone to this scammer and he did a bank transfer.. I received d alert thinking the money was in and we parted ways. Little did I know that I have just been scammed and it was a fake credit alert. His phone no has been switched off but his whatsapp no is going... Who can help trace him... BEWARE OF BANK ALERTS

The guys no is 09050587873...please help trace him and help me
fish brain, it's an IPhone. You can locate it.
Hope you didn't format the phone or something.
Ask the IPhone geeks in the house. I fit one I'm an Android geek. But I'm sure you can track you iPhone.
Hope you have Dropbox or Google drive or Google photos. They can also help you to track down the guy.
Unless he formatted your phone, then sorry.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by MDMDSA: 9:49am On May 27, 2016
You can not tress him by that No. because the no. is not registered no. i just checked it for you now.

1 Like

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by guyXander(m): 9:50am On May 27, 2016
Sijo01:

Oga, there's no account balance there na. Credit transfer alert is even different from normal deposit alert. The scammer used deposit alert format for transfer's own. Again, bank alerts don't show message center number.
I just weak when I see message centre number.
Na OP type they form big boy no know anything.
How can you sell a phone to someone and not be close to an ATM TO CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT BALANCE!
Op has too much money, that's why he's not savvy
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by good188(m): 9:53am On May 27, 2016
Na you mumu pass ,how do you fall for this and don't you know balance in your account

1 Like

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by teemy(m): 10:16am On May 27, 2016
Opetunde1:
Scammer Alert!!! Who Can Help Catch This Scammer

I sold an iPhone to this scammer and he did a bank transfer.. I received d alert thinking the money was in and we parted ways. Little did I know that I have just been scammed and it was a fake credit alert. His phone no has been switched off but his whatsapp no is going... Who can help trace him... BEWARE OF BANK ALERTS

The guys no is 09050587873...please help trace him and help me
By now I hope everyone know the OP is not to blame as some confirmed that not all banks relay account balance.

Seems the scammer has disabled his whatapp account.

Option 1
Let his network provide his imei number to the phone he used for whatsapp and for calls.
Contact all networks to provide all numbers and names associated with that imei.
You can facebook search the names provided and confirm his face.
Let your network provider give you the source and provider of the sms gateway he used
He must have funded his sms account with bank card (get his details) or bank deposit (Let them give you teller number and get the bank provide facial recognition which you can create a wanted poster with in case you did not get his face on dp before). With the way have posted this info all over the net add his picture and you can google search the image

Both ways you would need the police and several court orders.
I hope the police do right by you. Let us hear how it goes.

Wishing you well - Teemy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Nobody: 10:20am On May 27, 2016
doskie:
baba please educate me cos I'm wondering. She saw the alert already. Hows it possible. Isit that mobile banking is not safe. Abeg o.

If you check your normal bank alert, you can edit the text and send it, all u need is a cloned number like the 4222 that we get from networks.

1 Like

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by hob(m): 10:29am On May 27, 2016
Bleep mehnnnnnnn...........u fell for it....Sorry @op

Beware of scammers
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by DedeNkem: 10:46am On May 27, 2016
FrankValency:
oga, e no hard o, I can even do that now now with my bulk SMS acct. all I need is ur acct no, d rest na story for d gods. That is y most Igbo men receives cash for hand, goods for nylon grin

Really? Ok, I'm not based in Naija to know this. It's really interesting.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by DedeNkem: 10:48am On May 27, 2016
Vicrobor:

He used bulk SMS.

Really? Ok, I'm not based in Naija to know this. It's really interesting.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Kenswitch(m): 10:49am On May 27, 2016
You mean you sold your IPhone and preferred using Nokia torch?, I'm perceiving something. Maybe you sold the phone as you bought it.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by iamkingzlee(m): 11:09am On May 27, 2016
mehnnn.. things are happening!!
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by ArcToyin(m): 11:14am On May 27, 2016
What a wicked act is this. Op God will sustain & compensate you.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Manuche(m): 12:20pm On May 27, 2016
[quote author=gurunlocker post=45997739]

dey there, says who? You can vouch for those popular ones, not the new platforms. [/
u are right
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by IkennaBasilJR(m): 1:52pm On May 27, 2016
Sometimes we learn the hard ways to be wise. OP don't be hard on yourself, move ON

1 Like

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by marlockj: 1:57pm On May 27, 2016
cynhamscakes:

They really do this?

Except u not in nigeria...

Have you Eva seen a business man who needs money!!...if u Hv..u will knw Dat Dey can Evn deliver your goods inside hole for you....if only u can pay the right money....

Abi are u not aware of how voters cards were gotten,Ppl register 5yrs old,6years Evn double reg...

Infact incase ur not aware,Ppl still sell registered Sims.

This is Nigeria ur talking abt ohh

1 Like

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Opetunde1: 3:36pm On May 27, 2016
Glo said they only track in Lagos not in Ibadan! Pls if you have any idea in how I can get him through iemei. ..pls drop your number. ..i need to get this bastard! !pls
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Ligxy(f): 3:54pm On May 27, 2016
Opetunde1:
Glo said they only track in Lagos not in Ibadan! Pls if you have any idea in how I can get him through iemei. ..pls drop your number. ..i need to get this bastard! !pls
I almost didn't believe you because this is such a cheap scam. You've used an iPhone, you should know better, ignorance is a crime.
Anyways, try and follow some of the advice given by well meaning people. You should be able to trace him. Forget about going through glo. I wish you best of luck.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Opetunde1: 4:11pm On May 27, 2016
Where are you guys? ?
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Opetunde1: 6:44pm On May 27, 2016
I am really confused and sad right now!!!anyone who can help with the imei stuff! !drop your number Pls
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Hero10001: 9:18pm On May 27, 2016
Opetunde1:
His phone line ain't going but his whatsapp is working. .pls help Me out
WhatsApp lines and calling lines are two different things.
The scammer did a clean job.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by good188(m): 10:08pm On May 27, 2016
Hero10001:

WhatsApp lines and calling lines are two different things.
The scammer did a clean job.
the guy is very smart and he did a clean job to be able to get away with your iphone ,I think this is a free gift of the year

1 Like

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Opetunde1: 11:44pm On May 27, 2016
Please is it possible to track down the imei or lock him out of the iPhone with the imei.. I have the imei no
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by bizgenius1: 11:55pm On May 27, 2016
Eagul:
Scammers are on the rise now

Got scammed by Airtel sim card sellers who collected 2k from me for promo and handed me 19 new sims.. Got home to discover it was all a scam..

Nairalanders beware!!! They go about in a bus putting on Airtel robes to dupe people

Airtel my 2k. I feel like burning those sims
Pls explain how were u scammed are the sim used or what?
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Iyemik: 12:04am On May 28, 2016
Opetunde1:
Please is it possible to track down the imei or lock him out of the iPhone with the imei.. I have the imei no

Search on Google. There are lot of tutorials on how to go about it.

http://www.apple.com/icloud/find-my-iphone.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5v2VzX6MxY

You can get more links from Google.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by kingdong(m): 2:15am On May 28, 2016
...hori
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Dam5reey(m): 6:44am On May 28, 2016
Eni to sogba nu. O ni ami wa lorie..
Shebi na when you see the Igba, then you can locate the ami....

Anyways... With Google and YouTube.. You can track and lock the phone.... Click on the search button...
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Opetunde1: 9:13am On May 28, 2016
I don't understand this at all! !!!
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by good188(m): 9:57am On May 28, 2016
Opetunde1:
I don't understand this at all! !!!
omo gbagbe e ,your phone don go and you can't see it ,the guy is smart may be he have sell the phone to someone else by now
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by bdavis: 11:07am On May 28, 2016
Opetunde1:

I asked you a question, which you are yet to answer...I'll ask again: did you remove the phone from your icloud account or did you just login to give him access? Is icloud still enabled on the device? Did u turn find my iPhone on?
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by eleshin(m): 12:03pm On May 28, 2016
Booty4me:
Op dull.. That a bulk SMS .. Magas still plenty for this country grin
Must u people display ur foolery in public all the time? Somebody is going thru pain, came here to seek for your help and this is all u cud say? Wow I pity ur existence.

1 Like

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Booty4me: 12:07pm On May 28, 2016
eleshin:

Must u people display ur foolery in public all the time? Somebody is going thru pain, came here to seek for your help and this is all u cud say? Wow I pity ur existence.

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Opetunde1: 4:41pm On May 28, 2016
It's no more enabled! !I signed out already! .....stop mocking me

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number / Ten Things You Didn't Know Your Smartphone Could Do / Enjoy 250MB With Just N300 On Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.