Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,930 members, 7,799,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria (421620 Views)

Letter From MMM Mavrodi To Nigerian Journalist & Bloggers! / Unveiled: How MMM Owners Make Millions Of Money From MMM / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by zuyy: 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
MMM IS MORE THAN REAL. PEOPLE ARE MAKING IT SERIOUSLY, FOR MORE INFO, CONTACT ME ON WhatsApp 08038320850
Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by RealMoneying: 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
femifemi1:
Now tell me , which is not a SCAM......You work for 7 months without pay and the employer says there is no money to pay salaries only to discover that the employer's bank account is loaded with money that him and his family can never finish spending in 30 years.
Your parents served the government for 35 years only to collapse on the queue, because of stipend N5000 pension.
You safe N1m in your bank account, and after one whole you can not boast of buying a common LED TV from the interest accumulated for one whole year.
You borrow your money out to a friend, who promised to pay you back in 2 month, only to turn to disintegration between both of you.
You purchase 3gig data from a network, only to be notify that you had exhausted your data, only for surfing nairaland for 24 hours.
you donate your money out to someone and in 30 days you get back your money with 30% interest......
The truth is that business opportunities are not meant for everybody...simple....MMM NIGERIA is not meant for everyone,if you are not confortable with the Ideaology, you wave it aisde and move on, rather than stop others from benefiting from the program.
Nobody, market MMM to me, i discovered it myself, i did my research and thank God, it has been paying my bills for the past Six months, and by the grace of God, i will soon launch a surprise asset....if you care about making legit money for yourself. Whatsapp me 08151832256....Just sipping my early morning Tea
Are u mmm guider?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by zuyy: 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
yes
Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by RealMoneying: 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
zuyy:
yes
You are not serious.
I wanted to ask some questions from you on whatsapp but you asked me to chat with my guider without knowing what I want to ask. undecided undecided
You are not ready to help.You are only looking for who to refer. Greedy fellow!!!
That's how you and ur greedy type lose.

Abegi,i want a reliable guider pls
Quote me and drop ur whatsapp number.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by seighapaul(m): 5:09am On Jul 28, 2016
[b]They've been lot of controversies and incredible success stories about the brand new and raging MMM scheme. I just want to give my own unbiased review to all these news flying about.

About the founder and the passed alleged scam. I think what really happened was that the first generation of MMM was a scheme designed and operated on PONZI model, where a central account was operated and managed. A ponzi scheme will certainly always crash in either of these two ways; (1) the organisers disappears with all the monies, or (2) the system grows exponentially so large, it collapse in this own weight. I think the latter (second reason) was what happened to the founder of MMM last time.

Majority of Nigerians just engage in lip service, blindly following their leaders, without thinking and researching information. Critics will shout MMM is scam by giving biased evidence of previous schemes that have crashed, but they never critically researched why these schemes crashed. Above, I gave u two major reasons. Now ask yourself this important question; "HAS ANYONE IN NIGERIAN BEEN SCAMMED BY MMM?" I can't speak for anyone, but am yet to hear about a verified scam MMM story in Nigeria.

THE FUTURE OF MMM: Now remember I mentioned MMM was borne from an inherited ponzi scheme that crashed on its own weight years ago. Over the years, I think MMM has continually restructure and improve on service delivery. I believe the selling point of MMM today in Nigeria is the "No central account" policy of the scheme. A central account policy is what makes all MLM (Multi Level Marketing) and ponzi schemes susceptible to fraud or imminent system collapse.

MMM will eventually collapse either in the near or distance future, but it will be unfair for someone to tagged the current trending scheme a SCAM when no one has claimed to be unfairly treated or scammed. Always abide by the safe online business policy of investing what you can afford to loose and also, "enter early and leave early".[/b]

14 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by mrsharpman: 6:19am On Jul 28, 2016
seighapaul:
[b]They've been lot of controversies and incredible success stories about the brand new and raging MMM scheme. I just want to give my own unbiased review to all these news flying about.

About the founder and the passed alleged scam. I think what really happened was that the first generation of MMM was a scheme designed and operated on PONZI model, where a central account was operated and managed. A ponzi scheme will certainly always crash in either of these two ways; (1) the organisers disappears with all the monies, or (2) the system grows exponentially so large, it collapse in this own weight. I think the latter (second reason) was what happened to the founder of MMM last time.

Majority of Nigerians just engage in lip service, blindly following their leaders, without thinking and researching information. Critics will shout MMM is scam by giving biased evidence of previous schemes that have crashed, but they never critically researched why these schemes crashed. Above, I gave u two major reasons. Now ask yourself this important question; "HAS ANYONE IN NIGERIAN BEEN SCAMMED BY MMM?" I can't speak for anyone, but am yet to hear about a verified scam MMM story in Nigeria.

THE FUTURE OF MMM: Now remember I mentioned MMM was borne from an inherited ponzi scheme that crashed on its own weight years ago. Over the years, I think MMM has continually restructure and improve on service delivery. I believe the selling point of MMM today in Nigeria is the "No central account" policy of the scheme. A central account policy is what makes all MLM (Multi Level Marketing) and ponzi schemes susceptible to fraud or imminent system collapse.

MMM will eventually collapse either in the near or distance future, but it will be unfair for someone to tagged the current trending scheme a SCAM when no one has claimed to be unfairly treated or scammed. Always abide by the safe online business policy of investing what you can afford to loose and also, "enter early and leave early".[/b]

Can u kindly tell us the reason (s) y u think it will surely crash? Bcuz from all my observations if Government don't go against it in Nigeria it ll b really hard for it to crash by other means. Anyway, hoping to hear ur views.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by mrsharpman: 7:06am On Jul 28, 2016
I have been more of a spectator in this thread since I joined , however I feel obliged to make a post after reading through lots from people's comments. Let me shed some light according to my understanding of MMM.

To start with , I am a participant of MMM and since I joined I have 100% satisfaction with them.

Now what is MMM? Mmm is a mutual aid community where people help each other and get rewarded for participating.

Is MMM a ponzi scheme? No. It has no central account and d founder does not collect ur money and pay out from just subsequent investors money.

Is MMM an MLM biz? Yes but not exclusive. What do I mean by this, u don't make money in MMM only when u invite people as we have it in other mlm biz. U can choose to focus only on ur 30% interest and still make ur money. From my calculation, I found out that, when u invest with any amount in MMM, without bonus whatsoever, u r sure of making a profit what ur initial capital after three months, assuming u don't touch ur profit. E.g, start up capital 20k, after 3months u have 40k plus.

So can MMM crash someday? Yes , possible, but not anytime soon. Even big banks n companies crash at some point, so not big deal. However, reasons y it may crash are;

1. If Government decides to blackmail them by calling it fraud. They may pull d string by freezing all participants acct, there, causing transactions to stall and scare intending investors from coming in (mind u, diz z only applicable to d local MMM I.e Nigeria MMM n not mmm global). This z d most threatening concern for me for now n in fact, diz concern can't happen any time soon.

2..if people stop joining MMM Nigeria. So easy to think people will stop joining right? Hey! lets examin this together. As at now, this scheme has 100% positive review from participants, which means no single scam record till date since dey started in 2011 n in Nigeria 2015. Isn't this a good reason to invest? Yes it z n for this a lot people will still join. Also, we r dealing with a country dat boast more than 200m people, where participants are not even up to 5m yet..lol, can u c how large d market is? Mmm is still selling large. So number 2 point answered.

3. If money stop flowing.. The simple truth z money will keep flowing as long as the review z still perfect n for now dats what we have.

Also, some people still can't believe that any genuine biz can profit u 30% in a month. Is it true, No. Now, the banking system has made it seems like d best u could have as interest for not touching ur money in a month z 5-6% interest, dats for a very good bank tho. Do banks have any physical products? The answer z no, but their workers are highly paid. So where z d money from? They claim, is from investments they do with our money. Rightly said but, their pay are never just from investment alone, in fact they spend depositors money knowing fully well that, all her customers can't ask for their money at d same time n for diz reason dey remain in biz. No single bank can survive such a situation.

Mmm z similar to bank operation but a lot better. From my observation, the participants are the ones generating d profits, d bonus other Dan d company. MMM only help in regulation of how the profit are distributed. How z dat done? Most people in MMM don't just collect money n spend, we reinvest in MMM n other biz. The profit are returned by giving help willingly. By so doing, there z always profit to distribute around. There z value for ur investment unlike with banks.

So in conclusion.. Mmm z not a scam. but just like every biz and everything out there, it has it own risk. So if u r wise b smart in it. Thanks

If u want to join under me, WhatsApp me on, 08110392721. U ll be happy u do.

Sorry for d typos..can't just edit it now

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by triKCstar: 12:15am On Jul 29, 2016
mrsharpman:
I have been more of a spectator in this thread since I joined , however I feel obliged to make a post after reading through lots from people's comments. Let me shed some light according to my understanding of MMM.
To start with , I am a participant of MMM and since I joined I have 100% satisfaction with them.
Now what is MMM? Mmm is a mutual aid community where people help each other and get rewarded for participating.
Is MMM a ponzi scheme? No. It has no central account and d founder does not collect ur money and pay out from just subsequent investors money.
Is MMM an MLM biz? Yes but not exclusive. What do I mean by this, u don't make money in MMM only when u invite people as we have it in other mlm biz. U can choose to focus only on ur 30% interest and still make ur money. From my calculation, I found out that, when u invest with any amount in MMM, without bonus whatsoever, u r sure of making a profit what ur initial capital after three months, assuming u don't touch ur profit. E.g, start up capital 20k, after 3months u have 40k plus.
So can MMM crash someday? Yes , possible, but not anytime soon. Even big banks n companies crash at some point, so not big deal. However, reasons y it may crash are;
1. If Government decides to blackmail them by calling it fraud. They may pull d string by freezing all participants acct, there, causing transactions to stall and scare intending investors from coming in (mind u, diz z only applicable to d local MMM I.e Nigeria MMM n not mmm global). This z d most threatening concern for me for now n in fact, diz concern can't happen any time soon.
2..if people stop joining MMM Nigeria. So easy to think people will stop joining right? Hey! lets examin this together. As at now, this scheme has 100% positive review from participants, which means no single scam record till date since dey started in 2011 n in Nigeria 2015. Isn't this a good reason to invest? Yes it z n for this a lot people will still join. Also, we r dealing with a country dat boast more than 200m people, where participants are not even up to 5m yet..lol, can u c how large d market is? Mmm is still selling large. So number 2 point answered.
3. If money stop flowing.. The simple truth z money will keep flowing as long as the review z still perfect n for now dats what we have.
Also, some people still can't believe that any genuine biz can profit u 30% in a month. Is it true, No. Now, the banking system has made it seems like d best u could have as interest for not touching ur money in a month z 5-6% interest, dats for a very good bank tho. Do banks have any physical products? The answer z no, but their workers are highly paid. So where z d money from? They claim, is from investments they do with our money. Rightly said but, their pay are never just from investment alone, in fact they spend depositors money knowing fully well that, all her customers can't ask for their money at d same time n for diz reason dey remain in biz. No single bank can survive such a situation.
Mmm z similar to bank operation but a lot better. From my observation, the participants are the ones generating d profits, d bonus other Dan d company. MMM only help in regulation of how the profit are distributed. How z dat done? Most people in MMM don't just collect money n spend, we reinvest in MMM n other biz. The profit are returned by giving help willingly. By so doing, there z always profit to distribute around. There z value for ur investment unlike with banks.
So in conclusion.. Mmm z not a scam. but just like every biz and everything out there, it has it own risk. So if u r wise b smart in it. Thanks
If u want to join under me, WhatsApp me on, 08110392721. U ll be happy u do.
Sorry for d typos..can't just edit it now

Hello Mrsharpman....I like your post almost as encouraging as mine above..... but i'd like to correct one statement you made even though am equally an ardent believer in MMM.

You said "From my observation, the participants are the ones generating d profits, d bonus other Dan d company..." - I'd like to disagree with you there on the profit generation! Profits aren't and can't be generated from 10k moving from Peter to Paul without a "Holding Account" where it is invested like it's done in a "Ponzi Scheme". There's no way on this Buhari-ridden earth that if Akpan pays me 10k and I pay Julius 15K that profit is generated anywhere for me to get as much as 30%. Bankers, correct me if i'm wrong!

Online Marketing is the only viable answer to how the profit is made and distributed. The IT guys can concur if I'm hitting the nail where it should be hit!

That notwithstanding, I implore those who haven't registered to please not waste any more time and get on the moving train. Yes, Mrsharpman says it would end someday and I believe so too!!!! But we can only separate the wheat from the chaff in situations like this!!! Who are the smart ones amongst us? What's your exit strategy?

Care to know, don't hesitate to contact me on 08162816973 and helpdesk@trishtechnologies.com

Bless Everyone and please, no matter what, always stay POSITIVE!!!!

If you hang around "NEGATIVE" people , you might just start thinking like 'em!!! lol...
Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by cybercares(m): 5:27am On Jul 29, 2016
Byko899:
I don't know why most Nigerians are very very LAZY, how can you sit in one place and expect to get 30% in return, were does that happen,if the so called MMM is real I bet you most bank managers will put there customers money there and after one month,they have turned multi billioners. how can a company that is not registered here, has no legal obligation here,and can not be sued give you 30% interest and 10percent bonus ,some one said you do not pay directly to there account, what of the bonus ,who generates it. who is a father Christmas to open a website or company for you to be helping your selfes, the truth is that MMM is a product of organised crime,is a ponzi scheme that must surely fail,a scheme like this happened in my area with bag of rice, it was even used for a movie in Nigeria but our problem is that we do not learn and I will solely blame it on poverty. if somebody ask you to register for MMM, ask him in all honesty if he think this program with last for 20 years,non of them can answer that because they know this scheme is a time bomb ,who will be the victim is the question, we all know GNLD,a company that has product to sale,we all know how hard it is to make money with GNLD,that is company that is real,MMM should try UK or USA were government functions and citizens think.( stay away from MMM or gamble what you can afford to loose)

Clap for yourself... You sound like a Banker. Well, sorry to bust your bubble MMM members are not lazy, we are just trying to make more money. If you think mmm is affecting the growth of your business please get something else going. I've made more that the money I invested in MMM so get yourself together and take heart. SMH

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by Raymee(m): 2:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
No need for the abuse and insult ladies and gentlemen. What the OP posted is synonymous to even what the MMM Nigeria has on its website. It has no guarantee and it doesn't mean you can't or won't win. You may end up being a billionaire or end up losing million naira, which depends on your risk level or involvement. They actually declare that, all investors have the chance to win or lose at no one's expense. Visit the official MMM website for your guide and stop abusing each other. Do if you have the heart or leave it of you don't have the feelings. To me, it's a matter of faith! http:///warning/

Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by babaegbe: 3:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
Please help. My mavro has been green since like 4 days now than i cashed out the money. My friends who took less than five minutes to show who to pay him. But its bin 3 days. I have not been assigned to been paid bt anyone. Should i be worried. Please guiders. Thank you
Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2016
babaegbe:
Please help. My mavro has been green since like 4 days now than i cashed out the money. My friends who took less than five minutes to show who to pay him. But its bin 3 days. I have not been assigned to been paid bt anyone. Should i be worried. Please guiders. Thank you

Write to support
Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
babaegbe:

Write to support. Don't be worried
Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by gbeseun(m): 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
tarajohn:
@drizzymadbet, first off, for you to make a honest review or judge something, u must have used or been involved with that thing. Its obvious I've never been involved in MMM as your posts shows you don't know much about this opportunity.

Secondly, MMM is not a scam, an MLM, HYIP, Bank or Investment company. MMM is a DONATION COMMUNITY where members have decided to help themselves gratuitously, without collateral, provide financial help to each other.

Thirdly, MMM advertises because of the way it works. Even the Banks and organizations do aggressive advertising. Even the banks need more customets to survive. MMM operates the way a stockvel operates. The point is, whose money has Sergei Mavrodi stolen. No member of MMM , anywhere in the world gives hus or her money to Mr. Mavrodi. When u join MMM, u do not give your money to MMM. MMM or MMM founder Mr Mavrodi, I repeat, does not collect a dime from anyone anywhere in the world. We members give money to each other. We pay directly into the others Bank account. ....so how does Sergie run away with your money. Please answer this @drizzymadbet.

MMM has enemies, the politicians, the banks, government and press. Why? Please go do your research very well. Then u will find the answer. I want u to go do that research, when u find it, only then you'll be convinced to join MMM.

Mr. Mavrodi has made his money way back before MMM. His aim and ideology about MMM is to fight against the unjust financial system of the world; which makes the poor poorer and rich richer thought its the poor who does the hard work. The Bank takes your money in the pretence of keeping it for you. You keep it there for years. How much do they give u as interest Peanuts! Mr Mavrodi belives no government can make the masses rich, no politician or rich person will come to make you rich. He believes, the masses must take the bull by the horn by helping each other and that is why he put this system in place for everyone to take advantage of. Again. Mr. Mavrodi nor MMM does not collect money on his website or from anyone. Mr. Mavrodi is a Mathematician, a programmer and he only set up this system to help the masses. MMM has changed my financial status!!!

Mmm has been in existence for five years in over 100 countries of the world. #mmmpays. It has been paying everyone for five years. #MMM has paid me severally, I've lost count. #MMM is NOT A SCAM!

can u explain that Mmm for me better and possibly if I can also enrol and make mo ey just like u are doing,my email is seuntoyou@yahoo.com and my WhatsApp num is 08062294619,u can add me up and let's talk.SEUN
Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by gbeseun(m): 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
vanvick247:

08066846298 Vincent

addd me pls 08062294619
seun
Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by Pidggin(f): 1:51am On Jul 30, 2016
drizzymadbet:
It is obvious that many Nigerians(Nairalanders) are getting aware of this current Pyramid scheme trending in Nigeria called MMM Nigeria (http://www.) which promises 30% Return on Investment(ROI) after 30 days.
I called the business a Pyramid/Ponzi scheme, Yes I did, Why would drizzymadbet call it a Pyramid/Ponzi Scheme ? First let’s examine what a Ponzi/Pyramid scheme is one should be wary of MMM Nigeria
A Ponzi scheme (also a Ponzi game or a Ponzi) is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources. Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent.
Initially the promoter will pay out high returns to attract more investors, and to lure current investors into putting in additional money. Other investors begin to participate, leading to a cascade effect. The "return" to the initial investors is paid out of the investments of new entrants, and not out of profits. Often the high returns encourage investors to leave their money in the scheme, with the result that the promoter does not have to pay out very much to investors; he simply has to send them statements showing how much they have earned. This maintains the deception that the scheme is an investment with high returns.
Unraveling of a Ponzi scheme
When a Ponzi scheme is not stopped by the authorities, it sooner or later falls apart for one of the following reasons.
1. The promoter vanishes, taking all the remaining investment money.
2. Since the scheme requires a continual stream of investments to fund higher returns, once investment slows down, the scheme collapses as the promoter starts having problems paying the promised returns (the higher the returns, the greater the risk of the Ponzi scheme collapsing). Such liquidity crises often trigger panics, as more people start asking for their money, similar to a bank run.
3. External market forces, such as a sharp decline in the economy (for example, the Madoff investment scandal during the market downturn of 2008), cause many investors to withdraw part or all of their funds.
Why do I drizzymadbet believe that MMM Nigeria is a pyramid/Ponzi scheme lets look at the following reasons.
1. The promise of a 30 % ROI is outrageous and not in terms with standard rates of investment (Example one makes a profit of 30,000 naira for every 100,000 naira invested in the system in 30 days , excluding additions that comes from referral, signing up and testimonial bonuses) No legal financial company can offer you that investment plan.

2. Such “Return on Investments” been paid to older clients are money received from new clients and the circle continues, the 30% is never made from company profits. That is why there is aggressive ad campaign from the company(MMM Nigeria) paying massive additional bonuses to recruiters that they call guiders to conduct seminars and deceive gullible Nigerians into joining the scheme to keep the system alive.
3. The CEO of the company(MMM Nigeria) Seigei Marvrodi is a convicted fraudster and had run similar fraud schemes in Russia where he defrauded investors over a hundred billion dollars (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMM_(Ponzi_Scheme_Company)

On point
Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by pixiee(f): 7:52am On Jul 30, 2016
Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by RealMoneying: 12:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
pixiee:
. Am experincing d same too! 4 peeps I refered already cash out.. I made request to get help 2days now.. Still yet to b machted .. Wrote to support yday, no response ... Any suggestion on way forward will be appreciated.
Has scamming started? angry grin
Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by RealMoneying: 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
By
babaegbe:
Has scamming officially started? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by arize99: 7:02am On Jul 31, 2016
[b]Please who can give me Nairabet odds? [/b]While you guys are still fighting lemme see if I can double my own money from there.
Re: Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria by babaegbe: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2016
:oThanks Guys. I have written to support and they have rectified the issues. I am grateful for your advices. Thanks and MMM it's no scam. Already for now tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Free Skill Acquisition E-Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.