Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel (23706 Views)

Pump Price Increase Likely As Landing Cost Of Petrol ‘rises Above’ N145 / Youths Celebrate The Appointment Of Umana Okon As Oil & Gas Zone MD By Buhari / Shell Confirms Attacks, Suspends Operations Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Joel3(m): 8:57pm On May 26, 2016
we are in a though time. economy is going down.
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Leeeekeeee: 8:57pm On May 26, 2016
GOOD, let them all close, so that Buhari will know Karma is a BIATCH...

6 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by NonFarmPayrol: 8:57pm On May 26, 2016
lips sealed mods will be busy here
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by mumuguyman(m): 8:58pm On May 26, 2016
50km offshore people of the brown roof should come and defend their dear country... Mofos!!!

1 Like

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by bluewles33: 8:59pm On May 26, 2016
Occupied
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Pray(m): 8:59pm On May 26, 2016
Buhari's dream was to be Nigerian president and he has achieved that. Don't expect anything again. Manage for four years.

3 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Almajiri1: 9:00pm On May 26, 2016
CXLVII:

And who bares the brunt the most?
That is relative. But, one thing I can guarantee you is that the 95% that owns the oil wells of the 5% are having sleepless nights.

12 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Lawalemi(m): 9:01pm On May 26, 2016
Why always Chevron this time around?

Please don't destroy this company as you destroyed Shell o

1 Like

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by tempest01(m): 9:03pm On May 26, 2016
To bad APclC wss brought in at this critical time....

This is not a time for trial and error policies. The change Nigerians wanted has become chains. Because PMB used his DSS to incarcerate people, he thought he could use the same leash on everyone.

The greatest mistake he'll ever regret making is going back to stir the ND trouble. You don't poo where you eat.

9 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by viki84(m): 9:03pm On May 26, 2016
This Avengers Movie is beginning to make sense. Where my pop corn and groundnut?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 26, 2016
Leeeekeeee:
GOOD, let them all close, so that Buhari will know Karma is a BIATCH...

Blowing up oil pipelines is worst that Boko haram because it affects all. Including u.

2 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by rman: 9:07pm On May 26, 2016
It is only one life you have...how you choose to live it is your business.

But if your sole aim in life is to destroy to make a point, u will realise on your death bed or fruitless such and endeavour is...

This world was not designed to be fair..there is no egalitarian society anywhere in the world.
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by nnachukz(m): 9:07pm On May 26, 2016
The dullard was hoping to rule with the proceeds from oil but couldn't keep quiet and enjoy the oil money. He went about calling some 5% and others 97% and boasting how he will crush any opposing voice from the 5%. Today he is no where to be seen as men has taken the battle to his source of revenue.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by knightsTempler: 9:09pm On May 26, 2016
Simpletons, running mouths everywhere without knowing how the Smart GEJ was running this country, in less than a year, that cow herder has messed up everything.
Come drill oyel na. e think say na same as milking cow milk?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by AfroKnight: 9:10pm On May 26, 2016
More damage to Niger Delta land. Foolish militants are bombing the installations of a company that has been reluctant to clean up the oil spillage it has caused over the years. Who will be affected by their actions? Not my farmland, nor my rivers will be polluted. Continue to bomb them.

The oil workers from the SS will also feel the pain. When operations are shutdown, downsizing must follow. Their people will lose their jobs too.

The funny thing is that Jonathan's administration frustrated the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill. So the resource control they are fighting for has remained a dream as a result of their brother's corrupt leanings. Let the avengers continue their folly. Everyone will feel the heat.

I would advice PMB not to send the military to the boys. Let them have a field day. Their own people will beg when the suffering hits the peak and their leaders continue to embezzle the 13% derivation they enjoy.

5 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Xcex: 9:11pm On May 26, 2016
If d F.G can't build infrastructure n good roads, clean water n a higher rate of employmt to ND bt instead find dia corrupt statesmen to give peanuts n sideline d youth n populace. LET ALL PIPELINE GO DOWN. So d oil remain in d earth while parasites that owns majority of oilwell go2 rest. NO PASSAGE OF PETROLEUM BILL dat has bin on table for 5 yrs running. AVENGERS TAKE OVER

3 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Akpan107(m): 9:12pm On May 26, 2016
PUSH1:
Who loses More
North, South, East or West?
Or Nigeria.

SS should move on. Oil price has fallen.
You sound like you're pained! The Niger Deltan need 100% of their resources. nothing less.

9 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Izontubo(m): 9:13pm On May 26, 2016
I once told a man here on nairaland that buhari and efccs chase on tompolo would lead to serious issues...The problem with buhari is that he pays more attention to sycophants than the real Niger deltans...

I hope we can all enjoy the madness that comes with militancy...

Nonsense...

Na who stubbornness Don help

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Leeeekeeee: 9:13pm On May 26, 2016
PUSH1:

Blowing up oil pipelines is worst that Boko haram because it affects all. Including u.

Yes it affects me but let it be known that Karma exist..

U cant sabotage me nd expect to ve an easy sail...

5 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by grace008: 9:15pm On May 26, 2016
cheesy
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by gozmok1(m): 9:15pm On May 26, 2016

6 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Dollyak(f): 9:15pm On May 26, 2016
NaijaMutant:
grin grin grin

Naija is gradually falling to her knees under the leadership of an Incompetent clueless and outdated MILITARY GENERAL
I don't even support Buhari's approach to governance, but I wouldn't be smiling if I were you. This is not about Buhari but about your future and your fellow country men who are going to suffer.
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by ZUBY77(m): 9:19pm On May 26, 2016
sandraokosun1:
In as much as the nda issues are craftily laced with the Attempt of resource renegociation. It begs the answers was the allocation of oil block done today or has pmb given any which annoys them. These are events that occured in the 1990's to 80's by recklesness of military with corruption to the democracy era. This can only be a blackmail to hide behind a mask to perpetrate evil. Demand on kanu even denotes the outright PDP political tendency to free its appendage all in bid to threaten the nigeria unity. This stupidity is mainly by a bunch of pdp sympathizers who have refused to see life without the largese of been given free billions in the name of securing pipelines just to hoodwink the govt.

I do hope these boys realise that they are the ones at loss here. Doing their masters bidding who only want protection contracts that they wont use to develop the place.
By 2019 they would still be faced with another hausa president till 2023. So why destroy and pollute your land

Are you saying that since it happened in 80s and 90s, it must remain that way forever?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Cubeet: 9:20pm On May 26, 2016
Serious
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by GWMI(m): 9:20pm On May 26, 2016
Buhari is destroying Nigeria with his divisive policies.Let men of good conscience call this man to order.Wickedness is all i see with this APC's administration.Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 26, 2016
I lowkey like what's happening tho. All the SW needs to do now is work on how to
generate it's own power

Investors abeg come to the SW. Epp us grin grin cheesy We need more investments

We have oyel too and we don't do shakara smiley

3 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by gozmok1(m): 9:22pm On May 26, 2016
sandraokosun1:
In as much as the nda issues are craftily laced with the Attempt of resource renegociation. It begs the answers was the allocation of oil block done today or has pmb given any which annoys them. These are events that occured in the 1990's to 80's by recklesness of military with corruption to the democracy era. This can only be a blackmail to hide behind a mask to perpetrate evil. Demand on kanu even denotes the outright PDP political tendency to free its appendage all in bid to threaten the nigeria unity. This stupidity is mainly by a bunch of pdp sympathizers who have refused to see life without the largese of been given free billions in the name of securing pipelines just to hoodwink the govt.

I do hope these boys realise that they are the ones at loss here. Doing their masters bidding who only want protection contracts that they wont use to develop the place.
By 2019 they would still be faced with another hausa president till 2023. So why destroy and pollute your land

You go hope tire

3 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by abike12(f): 9:23pm On May 26, 2016
The sudden power of these avengers is a little suspicious to me. Is this an intentional attempt to cut production from Nigeria so that the prices will ultimately go up? And by who? Everyday drama in Nigeria sad

2 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by GWMI(m): 9:25pm On May 26, 2016
rman:
It is only one life you have...how you choose to live it is your business.

But if your sole aim in life is to destroy to make a point, u will realise on your death bed or fruitless such and endeavour is...

This world was not designed to be fair..there is no egalitarian society anywhere in the world.
preach your one-sided sermon to Buhari not we.Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Akpan107(m): 9:26pm On May 26, 2016
Dollyak:

I don't even support Buhari's approach to governance, but I wouldn't be smiling if I were you. This is not about Buhari but about your future and your fellow country men who are going to suffer.
Buhari should resign from office for a more competent president to take over. enough of this cluelessness.

6 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 26, 2016
Segadem:
...then who says Nigeria does not have influence in global market tongue
kiss

...... And how has the ordinary citizen on the street benefited from Nigeria's influence on global market?

1. Low price of petroleum products?
2. Availability of world class social infrastructure built from global oil proceeds?
3. Frequent payment of public servant's salaries due to our influence on global oil market?
4. World class Social Security and welfare Services financed from our global market returns from crude?
5. Strong foreign reserve earned from oil which strengthens our local currency?

Now tell me, why eulogising the virtual global market share not directly and indirectly felt by the citizens for whom the benefit SHOULD have accrued to
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by engrchykae(m): 9:37pm On May 26, 2016
Deen77:

You are correct, by now I expect him to have bought some modern Aircraft like MI-28/ KA-52 and Aircraft like SU24/27 or MIG 29/31.

Waiting for America arms instead of refurbished Russian Aircraft.
what of submarines and F15a raptor,iron dome,laser equipped tanks,and E.M.P guns.
With these,pmb will be making sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari's Health: Save Nigeria Group Gives 74 Hours Ultimatum / Amaechi, El-rufai, Other Arrived Akwa Ibom To Flag Off Presidential Campaign / APC To Matawalle: Well Done For Stopping The Bogus Pension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.