Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? (1360 Views)

Linda Nkechi Igwetu: Garki Hospital Speaks On Corper. Threatens To Sue Blogs / High Tech Gadgets Nigerian Police Should Adopt For Effective Functionality.(pic) / Nigerian Police Recovers iPhone 6 Stolen In Abuja From A Nigerian In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? by ofofoCEO(f): 6:02pm On May 26, 2016
Good evening family, my roommates and I were wrongfully arrested by the NG police based on a tip by our caretaker whom we are not in good terms with. We just bailed ourselves to the tune of 400,000 (100k each). How do we get back at the Police or the care taker legally?
Note we are ordinary students of a federal university.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? by VaginaTerrorist(m): 11:03pm On May 26, 2016
Where you given receipt?
Re: How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? by Coolgent(m): 12:39am On May 27, 2016
Chai 400k just to bail yourselves! Na massacre u commit
Re: How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? by Nobody: 3:57am On May 27, 2016
sorry my dear, find your way to the court of law, get a lawyer and sue both the police and the care taker for unlawfull detention, character defamation and blackmail by the caretaker.
Re: How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? by ofofoCEO(f): 8:27am On May 27, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
sorry my dear, find your way to the court of law, get a lawyer and sue both the police and the care taker for unlawfull detention, character defamation and blackmail by the caretaker.
Thanks, but I won't want a legal battle that will linger on and finish my small money. Am in my finals and am writing my final exams in 3weeks
Re: How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? by ofofoCEO(f): 8:28am On May 27, 2016
Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun ishilove Donsmith123 everybody come and advice me seriously
Re: How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? by Nobody: 8:51am On May 27, 2016
ofofoCEO:

Thanks, but I won't want a legal battle that will linger on and finish my small money. Am in my finals and am writing my final exams in 3weeks
ok then go to the military and lay the complain to the army. i bet the caretaker and d police will pay for damages.
Re: How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? by ofofoCEO(f): 9:28am On May 27, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
ok then go to the military and lay the complain to the army. i bet the caretaker and d police will pay for damages.

Soldier? Won't that be illegal?
Re: How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? by SirREX94: 10:33am On May 27, 2016
What were the allegations leveled against you? Where there substaintial evidence that you have to pay so much for bail? Why did'nt you reject the bail offer and insist they charge you to court, while you engage your lawyer? So with all this info, then you can get the best advice, unless if there's something you're not telling us!
Re: How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? by lalasticlala(m): 11:26am On May 27, 2016
You should have provided more info as to why you had to part with N100k each. Giving more info will aid those that would advise you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? by Nobody: 11:31am On May 27, 2016
ofofoCEO:

Soldier? Won't that be illegal?
nope its legal. the caretaker reported to the police, you inturn reported to the military. its balance this way.
Re: How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? by janefarms2015: 4:57pm On May 27, 2016
Where's d OP? Come n answer lalastical question, as 'He who comes to equity must come wt clean hands'
Re: How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? by ofofoCEO(f): 7:26pm On May 27, 2016
lalasticlala:
You should have provided more info as to why you had to part with N100k each. Giving more info will aid those that would advise you.
That was the condition for bail the Police stated.
Re: How Do I Sue The Nigerian Police? by janefarms2015: 9:55am On May 28, 2016
ofofoCEO:

That was the condition for bail the Police stated.
from the conclusion of every reasonable human, the OP has probably commited an offence or she should come here and state what really transpires? How can u gv 200k bribe to police if u hv nothing to hide? Where did u get dat much as student? A lawyer paid that amount would hv fought for u n get u monetary compesation from d police, if u can't explain wat transpired, then LALASTICALA pls CLOSE this thread

(1) (Reply)

Top School Proprietress Kidnapped, Raped, Buried Alive In Abuja (photos/video) / Nigerian Stabbed In Calgary,Canada. / Nigerian Facebook Users Get Exposed As Gays! (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.