Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:08 PM

Understanding The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The Bible (522 Views)

All Fulfilled Prophecies In The Bible: Apart From End Time Prophecies. / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Bible by paxonel(m): 8:02pm On May 26, 2016
the summary of it all from Genesis to revelation is:
1.Love God with all your heart
2. Love your neighbour as yourself
Matt 22:37-39.
the most two powerful statements in the world.
these two laws exist independently on their own. I.e keeping one do not depend on the other in anyway (unlike churches preaching that without repentance from sin no Salvation ).
Now, how do we love God?
we love God by simply joining the Christian religion through believing that Jesus is the Christ, at that point we are saved automatically .
saved from what?
saved from death.
by one man sin death came to the world , But through Christ we have eternal life here on earth (not in heaven or anywhere above the clouds ).
seriously, i wonder were the rapture fiction is coming from?
certainly, not the Bible.
We are already living our eternal life to replenish this earth as God commanded Adam who lost his eternal life through his sin. That eternal life we are living now is Christianity on earth (Christ in us who came to restore what Adam has lost ).
Roman 5:17, 19 and 20.
How do we keep the second law.(love your neigbour as yourself)?
this one is for Everybody whether you are a christian or not, one love for all mankind.
like i said, this law do not depend on the first law, it require everyone to make a deliberate effort to repent so that this world will be a better place for us

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Bible by flexybobo: 5:53am On May 27, 2016
paxonel:
the summary of it all from Genesis to revelation is:
1.Love God with all your heart
2. Love your neighbour as yourself
Matt 22:37-39.
the most two powerful statements in the world.
these two laws exist independently on their own. I.e keeping one do not depend on the other in anyway (unlike churches preaching that without repentance from sin no Salvation ).
Now, how do we love God?
we love God by simply joining the Christian religion through believing that Jesus is the Christ, at that point we are saved automatically .
saved from what?
saved from death.
by one man sin death came to the world , But through Christ we have eternal life here on earth (not in heaven or anywhere above the clouds ).
seriously, i wonder were the rapture fiction is coming from?
certainly, not the Bible.
We are already living our eternal life to replenish this earth as God commanded Adam who lost his eternal life through his sin. That eternal life we are living now is Christianity on earth (Christ in us who came to restore what Adam has lost ).
Roman 5:17, 19 and 20.
How do we keep the second law.(love your neigbour as yourself)?
this one is for Everybody whether you are a christian or not, one love for all mankind.
like i said, this law do not depend on the first law, it require everyone to make a deliberate effort to repent so that this world will be a better place for us
this is straightforward,
not the conventional messages that are popular this days
Re: Understanding The Bible by paxonel(m): 6:01am On May 27, 2016
flexybobo:
this is straightforward, not the conventional messages that are popular this days
thanks! when the truth is presented it is hard for anyone to deny it

(1) (Reply)

Please Help A Nairalander Your Advice Are Needed O / Multiple Suicide Bombings In Saudi Arabia. / It Takes Longer To Acquire A Rolls Royce Than A Bicycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.