Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? (26025 Views)

Poll: Do you like to eat 'ponmo'?

Yes: 90% (49 votes)
No: 9% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Shredded Turkey And Ponmo Yam Pottage / PONMO (COW SKIN) - What You Need To Know. / English Name Of Ponmo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by Blow(m): 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2007
I just like the softness and taste in my mouth
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by nike4luv(f): 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2007
ponmo rocks!, especially in vegerables, there are various kids, its nice to add a bit of variety. its a roughage but kinda nyce
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by segedoo(m): 12:56pm On Mar 13, 2007
NOT ONE bit
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by agnesoseka: 1:01pm On Mar 13, 2007
no be lie
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by ronnieslimz(f): 1:58pm On Mar 13, 2007
Ronke 2811:

ALL FOR PONMO
I CANNOT PREPARE VEGETABLE WITHOUT SLICING PONMO IN IT, ITS JUST AWSOME.
U GUYS NEED TO TRY THE WHITE ONES, U WILL THINK U ARE IN HEAVEN. tongue
ABI NA LIE I TALK

ah! no be lie my sis. na true yarn. . kpomo rocks!! grin grin
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by akara(m): 4:28pm On Mar 13, 2007
grin

Think also called Okü Ekö,

I hate the stuff.
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by Amiga(f): 5:09pm On Mar 13, 2007
Oh I love kpomo! especially with african salad(abacha). I really miss it cry
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by boomtowner: 5:24pm On Mar 13, 2007
sorry chelsea4sure are truly a chelsea fan considering u are a female
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by diyobdw(f): 6:04pm On Mar 13, 2007
love Kponmo 4life!
It is good fibre incase you didnt know.

Why is Kpomo(fibre) important?

A diet rich in fibre has many health benefits. It reduces the risk of a number of bowel problems - some of them quite serious. These include constipation, haemorrhoids (piles), diverticular disease and cancer of the colon or large bowel.

In addition, soluble fibre helps to stabilise blood sugar levels because it slows down the rate at which glucose is absorbed into the blood stream. It also helps to lower blood cholesterol levels, which is important for reducing the risk of heart disease.

Furthermore the feeling of fullness which fibre produces can help people who are trying to lose weight to control their appetite.

Dont laugh that to show my love for kponmo wink

I love it dice in meal /vegetable or like the buka pp do it grin

My special type is the soft white ponmo-
follow by the brown one.i evn add ponmo to my egg -am that much in love with it.
akara:

grin

Think also called Okü Ekö,

I hate the stuff.
Oku eko is a fish- those cheap frozen fish like sardine to be precise.
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by akara(m): 6:15pm On Mar 13, 2007
@diyobdw

thanks for the correction, It still doesn't make me like kpomo.
Dont mind the fish though. grin
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by miky(m): 7:14pm On Mar 13, 2007
for all of una wey think pomo no get nutritious value, you are very wrong. infact there is almost nothing that comes from a living organism, plant or animal that does not provide value. what ponmo gives is vitamin d, natural glycerine and many things that help with skin firmness. i know this because am in med school, if you go cusmetic surgery, one thing they inject into you is the refined skin of cows and sheeps actually. all that myth is nigerian; if its not carbohydrates, protein or fat, its nothing. mscheew
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by hope(f): 7:52pm On Mar 13, 2007
talk about ponmo, u know u talk about african meat.

I love ponmo so much that i can't cook without not adding slice ponmo into it

Ponmo is what am proud of
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by ellab(f): 8:05pm On Mar 13, 2007
Men,if u Never chop ponmo u don miss.its one of ma favourite,jus cant resist it.smiley
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by minute(f): 8:18pm On Mar 13, 2007
oh my Gawwwwd,i love ponmo yiiyii!!,i love  the soft ones on my veggie nyways,the roasted ones are,  . . . . olodumare Oooo!! kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2007
Oh kpomo!! How i love thee,
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by waleleader(m): 12:57am On Mar 14, 2007
it is finished, see peeps dey use shakespearian grammar appreciate ponmo cheesy cheesy

Ponmo is safe sha, I miss White house @sabo
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by 9ja4eva: 5:03am On Mar 14, 2007
LOL.Sabo Yaba
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by waleleader(m): 8:26am On Mar 14, 2007
@9ja4eva,

u sabe white house, behind crusader house for Sabo? if u never chop Amala + ponmo for that place, na im be say u neva chop at all. Even nollywood stars come there
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by odada(m): 10:31am On Mar 14, 2007
Chei! iya kanna sos so ponmo my chik &I dey buy for there!ponmo rocks men esp.when its covered in beef!cowleg!bokoto enuf talk o am off to iya kan cool
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by abdkabir(m): 10:50am On Mar 14, 2007
No wonda leather shoes are expensive these days! PONMO IS SAID TO HAVE LITTLE OR NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE. I guess more jobs would be created if leather is produced out of ponmo , thus boosting Nigeria'a leather/Shoe industry.

I like ponmo but improving our economy through job creation would give me a better lasting satisfaction. wink
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by tonwe(f): 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2007
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm soooo yummy.GUESS WHAT AM EATING RIGHT NOW. PONMO. what a coincidence that i loogged on now. I LOVE EM THICK AND VERY SOFT. can never be found wantin im my pot of soup!! wink
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by tonwe(f): 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2007
walelead:

it is finished, see peeps dey use shakespearian grammar appreciate ponmo cheesy cheesy

Ponmo is safe sha, I miss White house @sabo

heya sorry o you are missing out. i was there just yesterday.
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by waleleader(m): 1:58pm On Mar 14, 2007
@tonwe,
sheee, so you mean white house is still existing? Do they have a website now? Abeg, do u know if i can order bokoto on the internet? grin

Thats the first place i knew where u could eat amala and watch DSTV in Lagos grin grin
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by instinct(m): 4:27pm On Mar 14, 2007
I love 'em ponmo small and thick. tongue
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by Christino(m): 7:14pm On Mar 14, 2007
Some Ponmos are more expensive than meat (know that now) I do not like meat at all, I prefer "SOFT" ponmo.
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by yemmydavid(m): 8:29pm On Mar 14, 2007
na wa o! d numba of ladies in d house that says they like kpomo are actually more than d guys. na so una like food reach,

i think i like it too.

inshort i do
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by LanreDaMan(m): 9:45pm On Mar 14, 2007
Ronke you hit the nail on the head Slicing Kpomo into Hot steaming Vegetable with stockfish you
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by star01(m): 8:09am On Mar 15, 2007
Indecency aint nutritious is just being a plain meat,
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by funmeme(f): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2007
PONMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ke,never i will never eat ponmon till i pass over i hate it with passion.abegiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ponmon no be am at alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by Rhea(f): 1:47pm On Mar 16, 2007
Ponmo,
tastes like Canda cheesy
looks like Indecency shocked

at first glance grin.

Seun, do something cool!
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by 9ja4eva: 7:57am On Mar 17, 2007
walelead:

@9ja4eva,

u sabe white house, behind crusader house for Sabo? if u never chop Amala + ponmo for that place, na im be say u never chop at all. Even nollywood stars come there

Ha i never reach dere oh.Hmm so u mean say if person go chop dere person fit thief like Iya Basira abi?Na wa oh
Re: How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? by waleleader(m): 12:53pm On Mar 17, 2007
That one pass Iya Basira? That place is heavy. i know i have seen Fred Amata and some other notable peeps there. Dont know if it still exists tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice / Bakers Sitting On Ready To Eat Breads (Pictures) / Why Is The Price Of Beer Cheaper In The North Compared To South (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.