Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] (28517 Views)

Edward Kisuze, Ugandan Lecturer Arrested For Sexually Harassing A Student / She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos / Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Frankicent(m): 9:03am On May 27, 2016
agrovick:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against your spending on data, you have a need for it and you obviously have the resource to satisfy the need. My posts on this particular thread are solely to show Olorunthobby that not all students can afford to spend 1.5k on data
yh you correct...
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by herald9: 9:03am On May 27, 2016
Fynestboi:

I seeeeee.
Instead of using only #300 to subscribe for monthly Opera Mini bundle for browsing his assignments and downloading pdfs...

With school WiFi he could do other heavy downloading.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by agrovick(m): 9:04am On May 27, 2016
HastalavistaU:

Sorry not everyone have borrowing spirit
Go and read the genesis of the post you quoted jere, I'm only clearing the impression of every student can afford to pay that much for internet data.
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by agarawu23(m): 9:05am On May 27, 2016
Billiondoe:

Hi, but you are not a mumu Na
grin grin
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by agrovick(m): 9:06am On May 27, 2016
Frankicent:
yh you correct...
Now you see my point but let's be truthful, not having data is a prerequisite to depression. Life go just tire person.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by dave4rella(m): 9:07am On May 27, 2016
Economy is. Bad o,am planning to use 20k for the whole semester both txtbk and. Feeding,I don't know. How possible it will be
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by amokeme(f): 9:07am On May 27, 2016
olorunthobby:

and so .. ? he wants to get a new modem for once not in every months besides 1500 is not too much for a student to spend on Internet per month.
not when he has just 10k.
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Nobody: 9:08am On May 27, 2016
LastMumu:
You have a meager budget of N10,000 yet you allocate 35% of it for Internet. You are lamenting about how worse the economy is turning into, what you should be lamenting about is your poor financial management skills. angry

Don't knock his priorities until you walk in his shoes. Do you know what kind of 'business' he's into at school? For all you know that 3,500 could be an investment. Yahoothings.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by mikeapollo: 9:08am On May 27, 2016
Frankicent:
This Year is so damn hard for students.

I remember back in my 100Level food stuff was so damn cheap especially if you school in the West.. How see my new budget below increase to #10,00o+... Who should I blame? for this...

1: Red oil And Vegetable Oil = #1,200
2:Maggi know 1 pack= #500
3: Rice 1 Congo is #600×3=1800
4: Garri 1 Congo is #300×4=#1200
5:Beans 1 Congo is #400×3= #1200
6: Tomatoes Paste 1 row I.e 6pieces =#500
7: Kerosene= #500
8: Monthly Data= #1500
New Modem = #2000

I just pray they shouldn't be an increase in price.

Total is #10,400 E no easy oo

Shuttle fee + hand out not Included.. That's not a problem grin cash for this one will come
Few students share how you survive in school.

You are living a life of ''luxury'' in school compared to what others experienced.
You can even afford to spend as much as N3,500 buying monthly data and modem! Wow!

I used to live on 1 congo of beans, 1 congo of garri, 1 bottle of palm oil and 2-3 wraps of ground pepper, 1 wrap of salt.......for 1 week! No tomato, no rice, no vegetable oil.
Each congo of beans and garri contains the equivalent of 7 small plastic cups which would be equally apportioned to last for the 7 days of the week.
No variance or deviation from the planned measurement was allowed. Otherwise, man would suffer!
I thank God for the lessons and experience. There were days I would go a whole day without anything to eat, but I knew it would not be forever.
With nor father or mother to help, I struggled to graduate from Ife and now I look back and give thanks to God for His mercies and faithfulness.
Those of you who have parents and guardians giving you money monthly should be thankful and disciplined with what they give. A time may come when you would be on your own with no one to assist. The discipline that you inculcate is what would help you when tough times come!

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by fleksy: 9:08am On May 27, 2016
Frankicent:

I remember back in my 100Level food stuff was so damn cheap especially if you school in the West.. How see my new budget below increase to #10,00o+... Who should I blame? for this...

New Modem = #2000

Shuttle fee + hand out not Included.. That's not a problem grin cash for this one will come

frank...you no remember to add 'kokolets' fee to impress babe abi u no go 'shomor'
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by mrkings84(m): 9:09am On May 27, 2016
LastMumu:
You have a meager budget of N10,000 yet you allocate 35% of it for Internet. You are lamenting about how worse the economy is turning into, what you should be lamenting about is your poor financial management skills. angry
Buhari virus spotted, where in d world would a student dont need data? Even if he is a modern herdsman.....
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Nobody: 9:09am On May 27, 2016
That kerosene won't serve you two weeks boy.
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Moz22: 9:10am On May 27, 2016
Billiondoe:

Hi, but you are not a mumu Na
he is oo
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by haywire07(m): 9:11am On May 27, 2016
LastMumu:

Oboy, send me ur bank account number
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Skynet247(m): 9:12am On May 27, 2016
thats one problem i have with we nigerians... the guy gives his own listings haa, mind your business... if he likes he should buy 5000# data, you are not his personal adviser...
op ur own better sef... me i dont see any monthly allowances. i pay my fees and provide my needs... i dnt even know when last i cooked in school...

all thanks to online business
fiverr and binary precisely

we spend more than 10k monthly for data alone...
op do what you have to do to survive, just dnt cheat anyone... and don't adjust to anybody's opinion here...ok
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Thatitan234(m): 9:13am On May 27, 2016
olorunthobby:

For me given 10,000 as monthly allowance , I don't think 1500 is too much on data. students we browse and make researches a lot. Come to Funaab and you will understand.

Wait o... Which browsing and research will exhaust 2gb data in just a month??

Pls tell me.

Mobile data is quite essential, but if you really want to be prudent, you can survive on lesser bundles without affecting your academic work.
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Frankicent(m): 9:13am On May 27, 2016
fleksy:

frank...you no remember to add 'kokolets' fee to impress babe abi u no go 'shomor'
I no get babe I dey single oo grin kokolet give me the koko ni.... Single; D
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Nobody: 9:14am On May 27, 2016
#10,000 kee.peolpe dey shaa.dat amount is jst a meagre week budget for my schol.1pent of rice #1400,beans, garri ,soup,airtime/data, transport(every day),house maintenance nd pc,fuel (atleast 20litres becos no light for over 6yrs ago) gas or kerosene,miscelonous fees in school nd compulsory txtbooks, manuls .(atleast you must buy any each month)

remembe jst a month......

not forgeting GF...
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by omakay(m): 9:17am On May 27, 2016
FACTS TO NOTE:

The OP wants to spend N2000 on an asset (modem).
The reoccuring expenditure is the data (1500).
If he is into any commercial venture online, he should make sure that he makes back his asset cost and running cost.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Frankicent(m): 9:18am On May 27, 2016
mikeapollo:

You are living a life of ''luxury'' in school compared to what others experienced.
You can even afford to spend as much as N3,500 buying monthly data and modem! Wow!

I used to live on 1 congo of beans, 1 congo of garri, 1 bottle of palm oil and 2-3 wraps of ground pepper, 1 wrap of salt.......for 1 week! No tomato, no rice, no vegetable oil.
Each congo of beans and garri contains the equivalent of 7 small plastic cups which would be equally apportioned to last for the 7 days of the week.
No variance or deviation from the planned measurement was allowed. Otherwise, man would suffer!
I thank God for the lessons and experience. There were days I would go a whole day without anything to eat, but I knew it would not be forever.
With nor father or mother to help, I struggled to graduate from Ife and now I look back and give thanks to God for His mercies and faithfulness.
Those of you who have parents and guardians giving you money monthly should be thankful and disciplined with what they give. A time may come when you would be on your own with no one to assist. The discipline that you inculcate is what would help you when tough times come!

Sorry *crying* how I believe you making it big time grin God will help us sha
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Ajanacool(m): 9:19am On May 27, 2016
Frankicent:

New Modem = #2000

Op, u don't really need a modem if u av a hotspot enabled phone. Just. Connect ur sys wireless to ur phone hotspot and thank me later
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Frankicent(m): 9:20am On May 27, 2016
agrovick:

Now you see my point but let's be truthful, not having data is a prerequisite to depression. Life go just tire person.
nah so... Guys gat to hustle
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Nobody: 9:22am On May 27, 2016
LastMumu:

My dear, you need data in school. You need to be online to get the latest developments in school especially in your department. We tend to get info through our departmental whatsapp group and sometimes, you can miss important test if not online.

Sometimes, you have to browse out some thing on net. Maybe to solve an assignment or write a term paper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Frankicent(m): 9:26am On May 27, 2016
Ajanacool:
Op, u don't really need a modem if u av a hotspot enabled phone. Just. Connect ur sys wireless to ur phone hotspot and thank me later
yh
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by KPhantom(m): 9:27am On May 27, 2016
Frankicent:
blah blah blah.... So I should just fold my hands and not hustle like my guys? I work online so I need itsad
pls which work do u do online
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by uchesino(m): 9:28am On May 27, 2016
Seriously am touched by ur packing, while som of us in d sdy will jst blow 25k via one sitting, all in d name of flexin... u ar coded.
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Oluwafatpet: 9:31am On May 27, 2016
Here is my own style ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by jashar(f): 9:33am On May 27, 2016
Frankicent:
can't keep using hotspot every time... jashar let talk on WhatsApp.hmmm
Ok
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Jexyme(f): 9:34am On May 27, 2016
LastMumu:

We are in 21st century, wake up!

Most useful and current professional information and academic materials are obtained on internet.

He can even go hungry for him to get those materials..........

Mr. Proficient financial manager.............abi u go school wen internet no dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by BossDanniee(m): 9:35am On May 27, 2016
Wetin modem dey find 4 list
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by peezeygwiny(m): 9:39am On May 27, 2016
olorunthobby:

For me given 10,000 as monthly allowance , I don't think 1500 is too much on data. students we browse and make researches a lot. Come to Funaab and you will understand.
hmmmm, are u sure d data is not 4 Instagram n co?
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Skynet247(m): 9:40am On May 27, 2016
BossDanniee:
Wetin modem dey find 4 list
u no go know now till when papa for house refuse to send u ur monthly allowance... then you go know the importance of the modem...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can One Proceed For HND With Pass In ND Result?? / JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern / Delta State University In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.