Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,845 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:12 AM

Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] (28434 Views)

Edward Kisuze, Ugandan Lecturer Arrested For Sexually Harassing A Student / She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos / Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by miss2895(f): 9:42am On May 27, 2016
Frankicent:
This Year is so damn hard for students.

1: Red oil And Vegetable Oil = #1,200
2:Maggi know 1 pack= #500
3: Rice 1 Congo is #600×3=1800
4: Garri 1 Congo is #300×4=#1200
5:Beans 1 Congo is #400×3= #1200
6: Tomatoes Paste 1 row I.e 6pieces =#500
7: Kerosene= #500
8: Monthly Data= #1500
New Modem = #2000

I just pray they shouldn't be an increase in price.

Total is #10,400 E no easy oo

Shuttle fee + hand out not Included.. That's not a problem grin cash for this one will come
Few students share how you survive in school.
you cant finish one packet of knorr seasoning in a month undecided undecided
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by kmaxx(m): 9:47am On May 27, 2016
olorunthobby:

and so .. ? he wants to get a new modem for once not in every months besides 1500 is not too much for a student to spend on Internet per month.

WiFi no dey him school ni?
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by BossDanniee(m): 9:47am On May 27, 2016
Skynet247:
u no go know now till when papa for house refuse to send u ur monthly allowance... then you go know the importance of the modem...
Lol! I understand.. I salute you!
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by missyge(f): 9:47am On May 27, 2016
Frankicent:

I remember back in my 100Level food stuff was so damn cheap especially if you school in the West.. How see my new budget below increase to #10,00o+... Who should I blame? for this...

New Modem = #2000

Shuttle fee + hand out not Included.. That's not a problem grin cash for this one will come
Lol. ure getting 10k at once sef u btr b thnkng God. If my mama dey beg me say she neva get...i go dey beg am bak say even if na 2k make she send....I just thnk God cos i dont knw how i feed. Its God i swear

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Opistorincos(m): 9:47am On May 27, 2016
that budget can't work here in bowen simply because we are not allowed to cook so in order to survive you need a budget of 30-35k monthly
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by OLUJOSHINS(m): 10:03am On May 27, 2016
olorunthobby:

and so .. ? he wants to get a new modem for once not in every months besides 1500 is not too much for a student to spend on Internet per month.

I am a Corper.

I spend 300 naira on internet subscription (airtel OTT Opera mini bundle).

its not being stingy, its just common sense.
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Nobody: 10:03am On May 27, 2016
Skynet247:
thats one problem i have with we nigerians... the guy gives his own listings haa, mind your business... if he likes he should buy 5000# data, you are not his personal adviser...
op ur own better sef... me i dont see any monthly allowances. i pay my fees and provide my needs... i dnt even know when last i cooked in school...

all thanks to online business
fiverr and binary precisely

we spend more than 10k monthly for data alone...
op do what you have to do to survive, just dnt cheat anyone... and don't adjust to anybody's opinion here...ok

Please I need you to put me thru with the fiverr stuff. If u are on bbm kindly check my signature for my pin so we can relate. Thanks
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Nobody: 10:04am On May 27, 2016
Jexyme:

We are 21st century, wake up!

Most useful and current professional information and academic materials are obtained on internet.

He can even go hungry for him to get those materials..........

Mr. Proficient financial manager.............abi u school wen internet no dey
Where in my post did I downplay the importance of Internet to students? What I was just opining is that expending 35% of your budget on internet with the claim of downloading educational materials is just pure wastage, especially since there is a cheaper source of getting those materials (the Library).
Truth is most students don't do any serious _shit on the net, most spend their time browsing Facebook, WhatsApp or downloading all these series movies from the net.
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Nobody: 10:05am On May 27, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

I am a Corper.

I spend 300 naira on internet subscription (airtel OTT Opera mini bundle).

its not being stingy, its just common sense.

Please I'm a corper too but I spend 1500 monthly for Airtel sub. Can u tell me more on that Opera bundle? What's d data cap and can it power my BBM and whatsapp?
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Pdizzle(m): 10:05am On May 27, 2016
[quote author=Frankicent post=46009542][/quote]

Don't ignore lastmumu, if you can't make profit with your business you should at least break even. Don't use your personal funds to finance ongoing business, review your management techniques.

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Gabriel6(m): 10:07am On May 27, 2016
Don't your school have WIFI [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Nobody: 10:07am On May 27, 2016
missyge:
Lol. ure getting 10k at once sef u btr b thnkng God. If my mama dey beg me say she neva get...i go dey beg am bak say even if na 2k make she send....I just thnk God cos i dont knw how i feed. Its God i swear

Where do you study?
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Frankicent(m): 10:11am On May 27, 2016
Pdizzle:

Don't ignore lastmumu, if you can't make profit with your business you should at least break even. Don't use your personal funds to finance ongoing business, review your management techniques.
owk
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by sylvez(m): 10:11am On May 27, 2016
see d chat of my own monthly budget frm yr 1 yr 1-6k yr 2-5k yr 3-4k now in fourth yr-4k dis amount covers : transport to lectures feeding photocopies church offering and others guy if u wake up for morning kele jehovah
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Frankicent(m): 10:12am On May 27, 2016
miss2895:
you cant finish one packet of knorr seasoning in a month undecided undecided
yh I know... it beta that buying 1 piece everything you want to cuk
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Frankicent(m): 10:14am On May 27, 2016
missyge:
Really touching.. So how you coping in skul then?
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by tranxo(m): 10:19am On May 27, 2016
ganaziah:

I'm still wondering about same thing. Why buy modem when you can use your phone for 'mobile hotspot'?
If it's battery complaints, you can as well plug your phone to your system while it's in use.
Buying modem is just a waste plus people don't really use modem again these days.

shocked shocked shocked what! People don't use modems again? Go back to Pluto
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Nobody: 10:25am On May 27, 2016
jideniceguy:

Please I'm a corper too but I spend 1500 monthly for Airtel sub. Can u tell me more on that Opera bundle? What's d data cap and can it power my BBM and whatsapp?
let me help out

*885*1#

While to check your balance is *885*0#.
I hope you do know is just 250mb.
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Nobody: 10:35am On May 27, 2016
Allocating 1500 to data is aight though, Cuz life without surfing the net is not worth living as a student... On the other hand, I see no need for a modem if you use an android phone(USB or hotspot tethering covers that)...
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Nobody: 10:48am On May 27, 2016
kelvinreality:
let me help out
*885*1#
While to check your balance is *885*0#. I hope you do know is just 250mb.

Thanks Bro. Does it work with other apps.
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by easytech1(m): 10:51am On May 27, 2016
Frankicent:

I remember back in my 100Level food stuff was so damn cheap especially if you school in the West.. How see my new budget below increase to #10,00o+... Who should I blame? for this...

New Modem = #2000

I want to suggest you consider zain 250mb for a month @N300 (to sub dial *885*1#). it is operamini subscription but it works wella. You can carryout all your browsing activities using operamini. In addition, it works well with other messenger too. As a student, especially in Nigeria of today, economics must be ur watchword or else..........(complete that).
To any student, food na number 001 o
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Nobody: 10:52am On May 27, 2016
jideniceguy:

Thanks Bro. Does it work with other apps.

I haven't tried it. From the data bundle name, I do think it's only meant for opera mini.
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by J2k4real(m): 10:52am On May 27, 2016
RealAdewole:
I dnt knw hw I survived my last semester, but I survived

*opinion buy only a congo of rice divert the other for beans, or bournvita/richoco

like say u sabi sha o

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Nobody: 10:59am On May 27, 2016
uchesino:
Seriously am touched by ur packing, while som of us in d sdy will jst blow 25k via one sitting, all in d name of flexin... u ar coded.
i swear guy this thread really touch me. And as some people even dey here dey critisize OP e just dey pain me. @OP you too much abeg.
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by RobinHez(m): 11:02am On May 27, 2016
but why are most people (who claim to be adults) so foo-lish? angry

what is wrong in adding 'internet needs' to a student's budget?

to me, whatever a student needs to become very good in his field should not be denied him, and in this modern age, the internet is the MOST important commodity a student needs ...even before feeding!
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Nobody: 11:02am On May 27, 2016
kelvinreality:

I haven't tried it. From the data bundle name, I do think it's only meant for opera mini.

thanks I think it works with all apps. Someone just said it now.
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by OHIsIManuEL(m): 11:04am On May 27, 2016
you never ready, you be student so?, because I don't see no materials or handouts? undecided
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by RobinHez(m): 11:05am On May 27, 2016
RaggedyAnn:

Don't knock his priorities until you walk in his shoes. Do you know what kind of 'business' he's into at school? For all you know that 3,500 could be an investment. Yahoothings.

the bolded part of ur statement prevented me from using the share button!

not every online job is 'yahoo...'
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by Frankicent(m): 11:05am On May 27, 2016
easytech1:

I want to suggest you consider zain 250mb for a month @N300 (to sub dial *885*1#). it is operamini subscription but it works wella for other applications (messengers in partiular). You can carryout all your browsing activities using operamini. In addition, it works well with other messenger too. As a student, especially in Nigeria of today, economics must be ur watchword or else..........(complete that).

I know of that... had made a post of it... create a post 250mb check my topic
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by RobinHez(m): 11:07am On May 27, 2016
easytech1:

I want to suggest you consider zain 250mb for a month @N300 (to sub dial *885*1#). it is operamini subscription but it works wella for other applications (messengers in partiular). You can carryout all your browsing activities using operamini. In addition, it works well with other messenger too. As a student, especially in Nigeria of today, economics must be ur watchword or else..........(complete that).
abegi....who opera mini help?! undecided

u do know that there are webpages which are rendered useless by opera mini right?
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by easytech1(m): 11:10am On May 27, 2016
RobinHez:

abegi....who opera mini help?! undecided

u do know that there are webpages which are rendered useless by opera mini right?

operamini dey help me

not really, please educate me
Re: Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] by mikeapollo: 11:13am On May 27, 2016
Frankicent:

Sorry *crying* how I believe you making it big time grin God will help us sha

Thank you my brother!
With God's grace and help, I am okay. I am grateful I can say that I am not living in poverty.
Even today that I am earning a decent pay, the discipline I inculcated from my experience in those days, has made me to be grateful and careful not to misuse whatever comes my way (although every body wants to do some crazy enjoyment stuff, which can be allowed occasionally).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019 UTME: JAMB Speaks On Cut-off Marks / WAEC Timetable 2020/2021 – Check Updated Timetable / Examples Of Transition Words That Will Spice Up Your Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.