Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Why Nigerians Love To Hate - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Nigerians Love To Hate (320 Views)

5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays / 8 Undeniably Cool Things You Would Love To Have. / 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Love To Hate by kvngveektour(m): 3:31am On May 27, 2016
I have watched fellow Nigerians for a while now and I've noticed that this has been a trend that has been in existence long before petrol became #145 /L.

However,I came up with this theory that the main reason why Nigerians love to hate is that they're naturally envious people, sad but true.

You see two couples in love and you're like,"abeg una dey disturb," "na only una son marry," and you secretly wish them evil.

Sadly,this trend cuts across all areas from academics, career,business,religion,politics and sadly celebrity.

Another reason Nigerians love to hate is because they naturally don't like to see people that are better than them.Just read a post about Basketmouth and Julius Agwu's daughter and someone said basketmouth's daughter's head looks like a grinding stone.Really,seriously?What has the little girl done that may warrant such hateful comment?

Finally,I think hating is one of the ways to stay sane in this jungle of a country because I've come to understand that when you talk down about others,it helps your self-esteem.A classical example is a guy that's trying to woo a girl that walks by the street. He calls her disrespectfully and she decides to ignore him.The next thing you'll hear is,"see e big head like stick sweet". Really?

So there you have it.its not our fault in anyway.It is a survival technique

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Love To Hate by pinkyliceous(f): 4:39am On May 27, 2016
You are so right it is not even funny.

It got so bad that I have learnt to hide yourself from people to avoid hatred eg don't go to school/work with different luxury cars so that your school mates or colleagues won't start envying you and finding unnecessary faults in you.

Don't broadcast your success stories, most people don't wanna hear.

God save us from envious people in Jesus name, amen.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Love To Hate by kvngveektour(m): 4:45am On May 27, 2016
pinkyliceous:
You are so right it is not even funny.

It got so bad that I have learnt to hide yourself from people to avoid hatred eg don't go to school/work with different luxury cars so that your school mates or colleagues won't start envying you and finding unnecessary faults in you.

Don't broadcast your success stories, most people don't wanna hear.

God save us from envious people in Jesus name, amen.

The best way,at least for me is to tease yourself in front of others.that way u satisfy their desire to be better Dan someone and you joke bouh urself

(1) (Reply)

Tragedy As Flood Hits Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead / VIDEO: Peter (P Square) Doing Rehearsals Alone Without His Brother Paul Okoye / Get Help Promoting Your Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.