Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

5 Things Women Desire Most In Guys - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Things Women Desire Most In Guys (1392 Views)

6 Reasons Why Women Desire Sex More Often Than Men / Reasons Why Women Desire $ex More Often Than Men / Why Do Women DESIRE Respect From Men So Much ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things Women Desire Most In Guys by Highbhee(m): 8:23am On May 27, 2016
There's not shortage of magazines of sites filled with articles on how women can seem more attractive to men, but what do the women actually want? What do we find most attractive in a man? Science has the answer!
If you ask most women what they find most attractive about men, there's a general consensus on a few points, but it's often summed up as "tall, dark, and handsome." Now let's see if science agrees with this well known statement.
1.TALL MEN
I have to say that I am a big fan of tall men, and it seems I am not the only one! According to several studies women want tall men because evolutionary speaking, taller men are stronger and therefore a more suitable mate than a shorter man. The authors of one of the studies do point out that a desire for a tall mate is not a world wide preference, but it's mostly a Western ideal.
2.SYMMETRIC FACE
The dark part of the famous saying "tall, dark, and handsome" is not scientifically speaking been corroborated (yet), but the handsome part is. Someone is often called handsome, or beautiful, if he or she has a very symmetrical face. In the case of actors like Ryan Gosling or Joseph Gordon-Levitt, one of the things that will draw people to them is their symmetrically handsome face. Again, evolutionary speaking, symmetrical faces signal good health and adaptability.
3.DEEP VOice
If you're a fan of audiobooks, you'll know how important a good voice is. I pick out audiobooks mainly based on voice, a deep raspy voice and I'm sold. This goes for when women pick out a mate as well. Women love a deep voice because this indicated a high level of testosterone which again proofs the man is question is healthier. Another thing women associate with a deep voice is a man with a large frame, not a man who is overweight, but a man who is tall and muscular. If the deep voice is combined with a certain "breathiness" this suggest that the man has a low level of aggression despite his size.
4.FACIAL HAIR
Most women and some men I know agree that a man with stubble is incredibly sexy. According to a 2013 study the most attractive length of facial hair is "heavy stubble" which is roughly about 10 days of growth. The authors Barnaby J. Dixson and Robert C. Brooks write:"Facial hair correlates not only with maturity and masculinity, but also with dominance and aggression"
Besides women finding facial hair attractive, the researchers also found that facial hair was connected to perception of fertility. The more facial hair, the more women think men are masculine and fertile. It's also quite interesting that men with a full beard were "perceived as better fathers who could protect and invest in offspring."
5.SRONG JAWLINE
There are many leading men in film with a strong jaw. Clint Eastwood, Henry Cavill, Bruce Lee and Jimmy Jean-Louis to name a few, but what is it about a strong jawline that is so attractive? Again it's all to do with masculinity. A man with good bone structure, especially a well-defined jawline, is perceived as having more testosterone, and thus more masculine. A strong jawline also shows a woman unconsciously that this man is virile and will make a good mate.
What each of these traits have in common is that they all are perceived by woman as traits of a suitable mate. All five features speak of the man's masculinity and virility, which basically means "you want this man to father your children!" It may seem strange, but it's evolutions way of making sure we survive. It's all about propagation of the species, people![img]There's not shortage of magazines of sites filled with articles on how women can seem more attractive to men, but what do the women actually want? What do we find most attractive in a man? Science has the answer!
If you ask most women what they find most attractive about men, there's a general consensus on a few points, but it's often summed up as "tall, dark, and handsome." Now let's see if science agrees with this well known statement.
1.TALL MEN
I have to say that I am a big fan of tall men, and it seems I am not the only one! According to several studies women want tall men because evolutionary speaking, taller men are stronger and therefore a more suitable mate than a shorter man. The authors of one of the studies do point out that a desire for a tall mate is not a world wide preference, but it's mostly a Western ideal.
2.SYMMETRIC FACE
The dark part of the famous saying "tall, dark, and handsome" is not scientifically speaking been corroborated (yet), but the handsome part is. Someone is often called handsome, or beautiful, if he or she has a very symmetrical face. In the case of actors like Ryan Gosling or Joseph Gordon-Levitt, one of the things that will draw people to them is their symmetrically handsome face. Again, evolutionary speaking, symmetrical faces signal good health and adaptability.
3.DEEP VOice
If you're a fan of audiobooks, you'll know how important a good voice is. I pick out audiobooks mainly based on voice, a deep raspy voice and I'm sold. This goes for when women pick out a mate as well. Women love a deep voice because this indicated a high level of testosterone which again proofs the man is question is healthier. Another thing women associate with a deep voice is a man with a large frame, not a man who is overweight, but a man who is tall and muscular. If the deep voice is combined with a certain "breathiness" this suggest that the man has a low level of aggression despite his size.
4.FACIAL HAIR
Most women and some men I know agree that a man with stubble is incredibly sexy. According to a 2013 study the most attractive length of facial hair is "heavy stubble" which is roughly about 10 days of growth. The authors Barnaby J. Dixson and Robert C. Brooks write:"Facial hair correlates not only with maturity and masculinity, but also with dominance and aggression"
Besides women finding facial hair attractive, the researchers also found that facial hair was connected to perception of fertility. The more facial hair, the more women think men are masculine and fertile. It's also quite interesting that men with a full beard were "perceived as better fathers who could protect and invest in offspring."
5.SRONG JAWLINE
There are many leading men in film with a strong jaw. Clint Eastwood, Henry Cavill, Bruce Lee and Jimmy Jean-Louis to name a few, but what is it about a strong jawline that is so attractive? Again it's all to do with masculinity. A man with good bone structure, especially a well-defined jawline, is perceived as having more testosterone, and thus more masculine. A strong jawline also shows a woman unconsciously that this man is virile and will make a good mate.
What each of these traits have in common is that they all are perceived by woman as traits of a suitable mate. All five features speak of the man's masculinity and virility, which basically means "you want this man to father your children!" It may seem strange, but it's evolutions way of making sure we survive. It's all about propagation of the species, people![/img]There's not shortage of magazines of sites filled with articles on how women can seem more attractive to men, but what do the women actually want? What do we find most attractive in a man? Science has the answer!
1.TALL MEN
2.SYMMETRIC FACE
3.DEEP VOice
4.FACIAL HAIR
5.SRONG JAWLINE
What each of these traits have in common is that they all are perceived by woman as traits of a suitable mate. All five features speak of the man's masculinity and virility, which basically means "you want this man to father your children!" It may seem strange, but it's evolutions way of making sure we survive. It's all about propagation of the species, people!

Re: 5 Things Women Desire Most In Guys by Highbhee(m): 8:26am On May 27, 2016
Morepix here

Re: 5 Things Women Desire Most In Guys by petz(f): 8:30am On May 27, 2016
Why Yul Edochie no de for dat pix? His deep voice is everytin
Re: 5 Things Women Desire Most In Guys by Boring: 8:44am On May 27, 2016
money
money
money
money
money

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Women Desire Most In Guys by sinaj(f): 8:51am On May 27, 2016
Smellymouth's pic shud b on dat list he gat evritin angry
Re: 5 Things Women Desire Most In Guys by MUVA(m): 8:57am On May 27, 2016
FOUR of the qualities listed there grin
Re: 5 Things Women Desire Most In Guys by Smellymouth: 9:35am On May 27, 2016
sinaj:
Smelly.mouth's pic shud b on dat list he gat evritin angry

grin cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Advise Needed / Pros And Cons Of Marrying 18 Year Old Or 28 Year Old Lady / When A Girl Is Ashamed Of Her Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.