Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:43 AM

Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her (31868 Views)

CRUTECH Student & Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Calabar / Female Student Electrocuted At Rivers State University (Photo) / WAEC Result Of The Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After Writing WAEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by MissNG: 8:39am On May 27, 2016
Girl Who Just Wrote WAEC Electrocuted After High Tension Fell On Her

The sickening positioning of the high tension over a residential house is what baffles me. On Saturday 21st May 2016, 14-year-old Deborah Faleke was instantly killed after one of the high tension cables that ran above their compound at Fagbeyiro Street in the Alakuko area of Lagos State fell and electrocuted her, NGLatest has learnt.

Deborah had concluded sitting for her WAESCCE only weeks ago.

Her father, Pastor Ademola Faleke said:

“On Friday, I went out of Lagos State for a ministration. So, the girl went to stay with her eldest sister on Fagbeyiro Street. That was not her first time.

“I was at Iyana-Ipaja on Saturday on my way back when I was called on the telephone and told about the incident. There was no rainfall. Deborah was not sent on any errand. She was just passing through the gate when the wire fell on her. The marks on her body showed that the wire fell on her head.

“She was rushed to a hospital. The workers there said they did not have adequate equipment. So she was rushed to a second private hospital on Adegbola Street, where she later died. The doctor issued a death certificate to us.

“She just finished secondary school; she was also my interpreter. She was very active in church. I want the electricity distribution company to at least show some concern. My daughter, who is my joy, has been taken away by a careless electrical connection.”

Source: http://www.nglatest.com/2016/05/girl-who-just-wrote-waec-electrocuted.html

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by MissNG: 8:42am On May 27, 2016
Lalasticlala, seun, this one pains me a lot. Imagine a 14-year-old girl?

1 Like

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by olatunjithomas(m): 8:44am On May 27, 2016
that is not good, I'm just tired of this fucking country that doesn't show an iota of care for her citizens.
guushaaaa.....

2 Likes

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by Nobody: 8:58am On May 27, 2016
No gud news cums from lagos sha. I neva like anytin abt lagos. ''Qoute me and die''

1 Like

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by MissNG: 8:58am On May 27, 2016
olatunjithomas:
that is not good, I'm just tired of this fucking country that doesn't show an iota of care for her citizens.
guushaaaa.....
The thing dey pain me

1 Like

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by Mologi(m): 9:13am On May 27, 2016
Very bad rest in peace omalicha!!!!
Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by Brainy007: 11:30am On May 27, 2016
Could we say her time has come?
Or someone engineered her death!!

Anyhow which way, may her gentle soul rest in perfect peace angry

2 Likes

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by Apelex(m): 11:31am On May 27, 2016
Just sad
Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:31am On May 27, 2016
Oh Lord
Rip
Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by hamzia(m): 11:31am On May 27, 2016
Ayah..... rip... what a word
Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by ivyy(f): 11:31am On May 27, 2016
This is sad. May God rest her gentle soul.
Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by WalkerMichael(m): 11:31am On May 27, 2016
. Subhannalai..... May her soul rest in perfect peace and may the almighty Allah grant her parent the fortitude to bear the loss

2 Likes

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by rattlesnake(m): 11:31am On May 27, 2016
fashola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by Feranchek(m): 11:32am On May 27, 2016
God help us in this.... this..... this...... (dunno what to even call this place we call a country sef)

Just imagine! Careless Electrical connection. Lack of medical equipments..... Ah!!!!! Naija which way na

Na to leave this country sure pass!! (Buh my family nko?)

Jesu mere anyi ebere..... Virgin Mary nyere anyi aka!!
"Jesus have mercy on us...Virgin Mary help us!!!'

2 Likes

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by macaranta(m): 11:33am On May 27, 2016
A sad one

1 Like

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by SAMBATLAN(m): 11:34am On May 27, 2016
chai

1 Like

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by 0955eb027(m): 11:34am On May 27, 2016
Manueleee:
No gud news cums from lagos sha. I neva like anytin abt lagos. ''Qoute me and die''
i quote you.

2 Likes

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by SAMBATLAN(m): 11:34am On May 27, 2016
chai.....
Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by Heineken(m): 11:34am On May 27, 2016
Rest in peace girl.. Life sha
Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by Youngetskilz23(m): 11:34am On May 27, 2016
some people are just unlucky.RIP angel. oh lord direct our pathway .. we should never be at the right place at the wrong time.. IJN.
Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by 0955eb027(m): 11:34am On May 27, 2016
RIP little one.
Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by Arewa12: 11:35am On May 27, 2016
1 spanner lost. Rip
Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by Nobody: 11:35am On May 27, 2016
This country is a Sh*t hole! You wont understand this until you travel out of this country to those countries we like condemning. I feel like crying for this country. Her family should sue PHCN. They should compensate them for killing their daughter with substandard erected high tension poles. mtccwwwwww. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by Beehshorp(m): 11:35am On May 27, 2016
Chai... RIP.... When we face challenging situations let us always remember that someone, somewhere is going through worse

1 Like

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by pacoson: 11:35am On May 27, 2016
End Time death
Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by Joyce28(f): 11:36am On May 27, 2016
So sad cry
RIP to d dead
May God help us

1 Like

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by teejan: 11:36am On May 27, 2016
people should stop building under powerlines,RIP though
Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by Youngetskilz23(m): 11:37am On May 27, 2016
rattlesnake:
fashola
na this kind response they pain person. wetin fashola get with this matter?
Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by Temptee101(m): 11:38am On May 27, 2016
Bad govt
Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by lexxys(m): 11:40am On May 27, 2016
we really need change in this country.

1 Like

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by Brainy007: 11:40am On May 27, 2016
pacoson:
End Time death
Fool

4 Likes

Re: Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After High Tension Fell On Her by banme1(m): 11:41am On May 27, 2016
RIP young one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unilorin's Likely Post-utme Questions / Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" / ASUU: NANS Rejects FG's Black Market Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.