Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection (4771 Views)

Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness / Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by PastorAIO: 12:00pm On May 30, 2016
Julianyao:

Aren't you supposed to be a theist? or am I missing something?

Not every theist is a christian.

Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 30, 2016
PastorAIO:

Not every theist is a christian.
I know that. It's just that your username made me feel that way cos I haven't been following your posts.
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by theoneJabulani(m): 1:37pm On May 30, 2016
PastorAIO:

You're going on about punishment for this that or the other. Human emotions don't come into the issue either.

You say that you're an expert on Pascal's wager. Pascal's wager is about whether to believe in God or not. Is that so?

The matter of God's existence is at the heart of it. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

No where did Homer ever mention that greek gods killed anybody because they didn't believe in their existence.

No where in Greek mythology will we find a notion of a final day of reckoning in which part of what we shall be judged on is whether or not we believed in the existence of the gods.

Please tell me if any of these things I'm saying are right or wrong.

Christianity is unique in that it makes the criteria for escaping judgment Belief. I'm not aware of any other religion that does so and that is why I say that Pascal's wager still holds for christians.
Hera turn a woman to a bear cos Zeus had an interest in her. Odysseus was punished for 20 years for not given the gods due credit. The Trojans were punished for serving different gods. Go and study Greek mythology. Even some Christians believe anyone outside their sect won't make heaven.
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by PastorAIO: 2:18pm On May 30, 2016
theoneJabulani:
Hera turn a woman to a bear cos Zeus had an interest in her. Odysseus was punished for 20 years for not given the gods due credit. The Trojans were punished for serving different gods. Go and study Greek mythology. Even some Christians believe anyone outside their sect won't make heaven.

O boy, your own don pass matter. You're obviously incapable of following an argument. Let's just forget it.
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by PastorAIO: 2:23pm On May 30, 2016
Julianyao:

I know that. It's just that your username made me feel that way cos I haven't been following your posts.

It's an understandable misunderstanding.
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by theoneJabulani(m): 4:01pm On May 30, 2016
PastorAIO:

O boy, your own don pass matter. You're obviously incapable of following an argument. Let's just forget it.
lol was about to say the same.

Which God? The first and most obvious problem with Pascal's Wager? It assumes there's only one religion, and only one version of God.
Pascal's Wager assumes the choice between religion and atheism is simple. You pick either religion, or no religion. Belief in God, or no belief in God. One, or the other.
But as anyone knows who's read even a little history -- or who's turned on a TV in the last 10 years -- there are hundreds upon hundreds of different religions, and different gods these religions believe in. Thousands, if you count all the little sub-sects separately. Tens of thousands or more, if you count every religion throughout history that anyone's ever believed in. Even among today's Big Five, there are hundreds of variations: sects of Christianity, for instance, include Catholic, Baptist, Presbyterian, Anglican, Methodist, Lutheran, Mormon, United Church of Christ, Jehovah's Witness, etc. etc. etc. And sub-sects of these sects include Roman Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Southern Baptist, American Baptist, Mormonism (mainstream LDS version), Mormonism (cultish polygamous version), Mormonism (repulsive infant-torturing version), Church of England, American Episcopalian, Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod....
How do you know which one to wager on?
The differences between these gods and religions aren't trivial. If you obey the rules of one, you're guaranteed to be violating the rules of another. If you worship Jesus, and Islam turns out to right -- you're screwed. If you worship Allah, and Judaism turns out to be right -- you're screwed. If you worship Jehovah, and Jainism turns out to be right -- you're screwed. Even if you get the broad strokes right, you could be getting the finer points wrong. And in many religions, the finer points matter a lot . Taking Communion or not taking Communion? Baptizing at birth or at the age of reason? Ordaining women as priests or not? Any of these could get you sent straight to hell. No matter if you're Catholic, or Baptist, or Mormon, or Anglican, or whatever... there are a whole bunch of other Christians out there who are absolutely convinced that you've gotten Christianity totally wrong, and that you're just pissing God off more and more every day.
So how on Earth is religion a safer bet?
You're just as likely to be angering God with your belief as atheists are with our lack of it.
To many believers, the answer to the "Which god?" question seems obvious. It's their god, of course. Like, duh. But to someone who doesn't believe -- to someone being presented with Pascal's Wager as a reason to believe -- the answer to "Which god?" is anything but obvious. To someone who doesn't believe, the question is both baffling and crucial. And without some decent evidence supporting one god hypothesis over another, the "Which god?" question renders Pascal's Wager utterly useless.
Unless you have some actual good evidence that your particular religion is the right one and all the others are wrong, your bet on God is just as shaky as the atheist's bet on no God.
And if you had some good evidence that your religion was right, you wouldn't be resorting to Pascal's Wager to make your case.
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by Blackfire(m): 4:18pm On May 30, 2016
Pyrrho:
One of my many unanswered questions on my journey to atheism was the need to pray every now and then if God is truly all-knowing.

I remember back then I used to pray for the entire year, covered everyday with the blood of Jesus from January to December. I refused to pray after then till the end of the year.

My pastors would walk up to me, "hey, why are you not joining us prayer"?
And i'll say, "sir, I've prayed against every evil for the rest of the year, i'm thinking of blessing my whole life so I wouldn't need to pray anymore". You can only imagine the shock in pastor's face. smiley

I later thought to myself, if God is all-knowing, good and merciful, there is really no need to pray. He should just provide for me, protect me.

It wasn't long before I started seeing the absurdity in praying everywhere I go.
The foolishness in believing some higher power has special love for me, even though millions of innocent children have died of starvation, diseases, and sicknesses.

Damn! I was so stupid.

Christian will pray their balls out. Repeating the same thing over and over again as if the said God is deaf or sleeping. Some attend deliverance services weekly for years.

I still maintain that the day anyone begin to think he/she becomes less religious.

you talk like a child who left his loving parents house, based on a half baked lies from a wicked uncle, lies that makes u question even the love of your parents, .

... U left the house in annoyance, they knowing fully well to argue with u will only aggravate the situation, keep quiet hope- ing u will find the answer out there.

... So u left.

I will implore u personally to enjoy outside, explore the unexplorable, deny even your family name, make mockery of the love they had for u...

One day something will happen, u will cry so hard with tears running down from your heart calling on your loving father.

But remember what i said make sure u insult that 'yahweh' very well, write the name of Jesus on a paper and rub poo on it, wake up 2 o'clock in the night and say foolish god come and kill me, am no more yours am still alive.

This is blackfire.
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 30, 2016
Blackfire:

you talk like a child who left his loving parents house, based on a half baked lies from a wicked uncle, lies that makes u question even the love of your parents, .

... U left the house in annoyance, they knowing fully well to argue with u will only aggravate the situation, keep quiet hope- ing u will find the answer out there.

... So u left.

I will implore u personally to enjoy outside, explore the unexplorable, deny even your family name, make mockery of the love they had for u...

One day something will happen, u will cry so hard with tears running down from your heart calling on your loving father.

But remember what i said make sure u insult that 'yahweh' very well, write the name of Jesus on a paper and rub poo on it, wake up 2 o'clock in the night and say foolish god come and kill me, am no more yours am still alive.

This is blackfire.

You're welcome. I don see you.
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by Blackfire(m): 4:26pm On May 30, 2016
Pyrrho:
You're welcome. I don see you.

i ve welcome myself, but i hope u see yourself in yourself.
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 30, 2016
Blackfire:

i ve welcome myself, but i hope u see yourself in yourself.
Calm down. You'll get your chance to talk.
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by Blackfire(m): 4:41pm On May 30, 2016
Pyrrho:
Calm down. You'll get your chance to talk.

and u are referee or gate keeper?
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 30, 2016
Blackfire:

and u are referee or gate keeper?
Nah, I'm not. Quote me another time.
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by sesaan(m): 5:47pm On May 30, 2016
There is nothing like god or God, people are in a mental slavery,, imagine god being every where at every time, listening to every prayer... Ok boko boys will pray nigerian army will pray too before going to battle who will god answr?? As a theoritical physicist if he really exist he we would have been able to predict him within margin of error in quantum experiments.. Every thing feeds on the death of another so is the world you die your memories die with you..
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by davien(m): 7:23pm On May 30, 2016
sesaan:
There is nothing like god or God, people are in a mental slavery,, imagine god being every where at every time, listening to every prayer... Ok boko boys will pray nigerian army will pray too before going to battle who will god answr?? As a theoritical physicist if he really exist he we would have been able to predict him within margin of error in quantum experiments.. Every thing feeds on the death of another so is the world you die your memories die with you..
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by andyanders: 7:51pm On May 30, 2016
kepstone:
I will reply u well, op.
Go ahead and thankgod u were saved from death. God is so merciful that if u know him u will say that thanking him over and over is not enough. As a Christian and as a pastor I have seen much and have known much. Nothing on earth can alter my conviction about GOD. See please do understand that the spiritual realm works parallel to the physical realm. While the physical is control by man, the spiritual is control by GOD and demons. The activities in the spirit realm are as real as the physical. Today I see the devil using atheist to lure people to hell by making them think GOD is not in existence and God is not what he say he is. If u look at life u will understand the mystery of life. Why do we have to come into this world through birth and why do we have to live this world through death. Birth was d plan of god for every life to come into the world to fulfil a purpose, death was not d mode of exist for man, sin came into the world and alters the plan of GOD for mankind. Jesus came to restore and to redeem us to god that after this life we will stay in the new Jerusalem and the new earth and heaven. If you want to conclusively conclude that GOD has not played a major role in keeping u till date, wait till when you close ur eyes in death and open it in eternity reality will dawn on u that eternity only has 2 choice heaven and hell and u don't make that choice there u make it here. My friend please I beg u by God's mercy do not live a life of deception from the devil. Do not be swallowd in this lies of the devil.
In 2014 April 14 I will never forget this for the rest of my life Nyanya bomb blast I was in that park by 6.30 am, prior to that GOD had already woke me up to pray fervently so I did, while I finished praying I was silent and god asked me to read psalms 91, I did, he asked me to cover myself with the blood I did, he spoke to me expressly that today he will show me his mercy I did not understand till I escaped death violent death by bomb blast. I got to park that morning saw many buses, but a man came and stopped me from entering one of d buses that was blasted by d bomb, asked me to enter anoda, after which d driver drove out like someone was chasing him. Few minutes into our journey while we left the park like 3minutes we heard a blast and it shook our bus on the road just to turn back we saw smoke from the same park we left. I saw some of this people that were killed we laughed and smile not knowing it was d last time for them. I love him GOD and I have seen him in divers manners in deliverance, in provision, in protection. ur opinion about him does not change him. Please retrace ur step back to GOD. Bless you.

Thank you my brother for saying my heart and my mind herein as regards to the subject. I pray that God give him grace to see the light. It is like when the devil hardens their mind, they think there is no God. Having to survive an accident twice is a grace but having his mind hardened is of the devil that has taken over his entire being. It is not God's wish for us to perish.
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 30, 2016
The world works mentally, but I believe we are not alone.
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by analice107: 10:39pm On May 30, 2016
Blackfire:

... So u left.

This is blackfire.
My dear tell him. Even if he takes your advice and does a that, Christ still won't be mad at him, He is still sitting at the Mercy seat, when He rises, then the Grace will expire.
What scares the most is knowing that one day, He'll get up from that Mercy seat.
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by dankol: 10:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
andyanders:

Thank you my brother for saying my heart and my mind herein as regards to the subject. I pray that God give him grace to see the light. It is like when the devil hardens their mind, they think there is no God. Having to survive an accident twice is a grace but having his mind hardened is of the devil that has taken over his entire being. It is not God's wish for us to perish.

Chai... Bro.. what if he had died... Many of you here will go and given testimony in church about one sturborn athesit who had been drawing men away from the kingdom on nairaland and begin to sound note of warning to others to desist or end up like him just as it is done with deedat. Bro, the law of Probability is too powerful for religion to undermine. Grace has nothing to do with that shit that happened. Moreover, by all religous standard, he does not deserve grace sef.. grace of jeovah or grace of allah? which of the graces? Any small thing, christians will call grace, that is how a colleague of mine told me, he cant but eat three square meal i.e 111 in a day and i told him, i can stay strong even in 001, h replied, "You get sufficient grace ooo, i envy you oooo". I just looked at him and shook my head in pity. The grace that was sufficient for an athesit was not sufficient for the christians who died in the Nyanya bomb blast right? Some thing is definately wrong with GRACE

Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by Joagbaje(m): 8:06am On Jun 02, 2016
dankol:

Chai... Bro.. what if he had died... Many of you here will go and given testimony in church about one sturborn athesit who had been drawing men away from the kingdom on nairaland and begin to sound note of warning to others to desist or end up like him just as it is done with deedat.

Not at all . Love doesn't rejoice in evil. We believe in Gods mercy and patience. Gods judgement already had a time . Judgement day. If any man perish for his wrong now God is not responsible . There's law of sowing and reaping. . The cup of evil gets filled at different times for different people. Some call it law of carma
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by dankol: 7:52am On Jun 07, 2016
Joagbaje:

Not at all . Love doesn't rejoice in evil. We believe in Gods mercy and patience. Gods judgement already had a time . Judgement day. If any man perish for his wrong now God is not responsible . There's law of sowing and reaping. . The cup of evil gets filled at different times for different people. Some call it law of carma

Sir.. The bible says God is love.. He does not want ANYONE to perish... Please who created evil? Yet love (God) rejoice not in evil (he created). By biblical standard.. God practice favouritism.. He can decide to kill you like a cockroach or leave ur miserable life for u till he decides to snuff it out... And yet he is the sheperd, healer, provider, protector. What happened to his protective ability during bomb blast, yet he never sleeps, he never slumber... Religion is a well packaged haox
Re: I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection by UyiIredia(m): 8:00am On Jun 07, 2016
I don't see any unravelling of the foolishness of God's protection. Just stories from an atheist who was lucky to survive an accident. Twice.

"Unless One Is Born Of Water And Spirit, He CANNOT Enter The Kingdom Of God " / Christians, Muslims, Atheists - Pls Hell Is Real! / Teacher's And Research Bible For Sale

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75