Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,466 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) (47210 Views)

Inverters Made In Nigeria By University Of Nigeria--photos / The Car Made By A Student Of John Bosco Institute Of Technology Ondo (Video) / A Solar Car Made By An OAU Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Rossikk(m): 1:07pm On May 27, 2016
HenryDion:
They assembled the parts. Nothing new
Dummy. ALL car manufacturing is "assembling of parts", as car manufacturers do NOT typically build parts. They acquire them.
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Rossikk(m): 1:11pm On May 27, 2016
SpeedyConnect:
Made or assembled?
There is no difference between the two. It is only in Nigeria that people make that distinction, due to ignorance and inferiority complex. If you go abroad and ask if a car was "either" made "or" assembled, they'll refer you to a psychiatrist.
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Richardfred(m): 1:18pm On May 27, 2016
Niger for Life!!!
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Rossikk(m): 1:22pm On May 27, 2016
Tweetums:
This one Na car or toy
Dullard. Can you make a pencil if they ask you?
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Rossikk(m): 1:29pm On May 27, 2016
neo2smart:
This is very innovative...

if only the government supports them...
It is actually the job of the private sector to 'support' such innovation, not the govt.
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by neo2smart: 1:32pm On May 27, 2016
Rossikk:
It is actually the job of the private sector to 'support' such innovation, not the govt.
Who said
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Mayflowa(m): 1:40pm On May 27, 2016
CountDracula:
Sponsored by shell which means dey didn't make d body, dey probably ordered for it or smthng, anyways, atleast dey painted it

Hahahaha. You got me laughing real hard. Ok let me clear the air because I work there as a lecturer.

The research is shell sponsored hence the name shell eco-marathon car. Every single part was fabricated by the students. That car you see hv gone for competition in Africa and Abroad and hv come home winning laurels.

The professor that used to lead the group is a world class Fabrication professor, now VC at FUPRE, professor Akii Ibhadode. He onced won LNG prize in science. If you have a CNC machines plus autocad knowledge, you can do a better job.
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by cruz97(m): 1:41pm On May 27, 2016
[quote author=krooskanta post=46016556]Engineering students abi?[/quote no o,plant biology student
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by cybriz82(m): 1:42pm On May 27, 2016
Power by bros come help me push abeg.
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by samsam2019: 1:43pm On May 27, 2016
There's no sense in displaying this kind of rubbish in 2016 really. Are we this backward that we think join join like this is an achievement? When 16 year olds in China are making perfectly working machine
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by rahman3853(m): 1:47pm On May 27, 2016
skyface00:
Superb
more than superb...Fantastically Sexy and sleek. Hoping the Specs would be also.
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Mayflowa(m): 1:48pm On May 27, 2016
Rossikk:
There is no difference between the two. It is only in Nigeria that people make that distinction, due to ignorance and inferiority complex. If you go abroad and ask if a car was "either" made "or" assembled, they'll refer you to a psychiatrist.

You are very correct. As at today, no car manufacturer make wholly their car. They outsource the part to other companies to create efficiency in production process.

They are mostly responsible for the design, specification and assemblage. Sometimes they even consult independent designers. But this is not to say they can't do all the part requirement o. In the old, that used to be the case.
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Mayflowa(m): 1:54pm On May 27, 2016
samsam2019:
There's no sense in displaying this kind of rubbish in 2016 really. Are we this backward that we think join join like this is an achievement? When 16 year olds in China are making perfectly working machine

The is a student project. All over the world, students make a toyish looking cars because they is what their resources can avail them. The knowledge is good enough at a student.

You develop this creative knowledge by joining auto making companies or racing team. Fortunately innoson, tata, and Nissan now makes car in Nigeria. So there are room for development. Maybe I shud show u other cars made by students in China and other region of the world.
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by CountDracula(m): 2:00pm On May 27, 2016
Mayflowa:

Hahahaha. You got me laughing real hard. Ok let me clear the air because I work there as a lecturer.

The research is shell sponsored hence the name shell eco-marathon car. Every single part was fabricated by the students. That car you see hv gone for competition in Africa and Abroad and hv come home winning laurels.

The professor that used to lead the group is a world class Fabrication professor, now VC at FUPRE, professor Akii Ibhadode. He onced won LNG prize in science. If you have a CNC machines plus autocad knowledge, you can do a better job.

Hmmm. I knw better now... I'm proud of dem but all universities are makin cars... Cars dat already exist, it wil b great if dey cud succeed in trying smthng new like a tomato making machine dat doesn't need any tomato seeds, or a dollar value reduction machine or smthng. But I'm stil proud of dem
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Mbediogu(m): 2:06pm On May 27, 2016
palserltd:
This car is made by university of Benin students

Source for more: http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/533/incredible-a-car-made-by-university-of-benin-students-photo

Everybody making cars and helicopters in the midst of fuel scarcity. Is this the way to the much vaunted agro revolution needed to take us to the next level? I expect to see agro relevant discoveries and innovation.
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Echo50(m): 2:25pm On May 27, 2016
Please, does the car have a fire extinguisher and engin? Can his lecturer join him in that car? 5 gbosa for naija

1 Like

Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by samsam2019: 2:25pm On May 27, 2016
Mayflowa:

The is a student project. All over the world, students make a toyish looking cars because they is what their resources can avail them. The knowledge is good enough at a student.

You develop this creative knowledge by joining auto making companies or racing team. Fortunately innoson, tata, and Nissan now makes car in Nigeria. So there are room for development. Maybe I shud show u other cars made by students in China and other region of the world.
have your bliss
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 27, 2016
purpleblood:
Which material did they use for the chassis? How was it tested? Which material did they use for the body and how was it formed? What kind of engine is it using? Did you guys manufacture the engine too? What are the specifications of this vehicle?. There is no single proof that this car is manufactured in UNIBEN. If they had said they modified something in the vehicle, it would have been easy to understand. This one am seeing shell logo, I would assume the vehicle is an experimental vehicle provided by shell, for the students to carry out studies on how to minimize the fuel consumption or the exhaust emission. #thosekindathinzthatwudinterestshell

google shell eco marathon. t then google uniben/ unilag/ fupre shell eco marathon. the car is for a competition. and this is not the first time uniben in entering this competition. i believe this is d third car. also fupre amongst other schools are also involved. it doesnt pay to be pessimistic. Yes the engine was not made in nigeria. i'm believe its probably a motocycle engine, but the rest was made in nigeria. The body is most likely from fibre. and ofcourse the car is a prototype car not yet commercialize that doesnt mean it doesnt work. you know what just use google.
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by persius555(m): 2:59pm On May 27, 2016
The inventor of this car is going somewhere while majority of bad belle who mock this thread are stuck on nairaland.
Kudos to the inventor. Guys are really thinking deep.
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by BONES488: 3:04pm On May 27, 2016
Where's Madcow1?..
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Feraz(m): 3:07pm On May 27, 2016
Yeah. . .good aerodynamics. It's for a competition

They really have improved unlike the first that was made which involved a local fabricator; the second, they contracted it to Arts Student in Ekenwa. This should be the third and also contracted to them. Thanks to Prof. Ibhadodae!

Madcow1 AKA Okijajuju1, you are hereby kuchiyose-d here! angry

But wait oh, wetin UNIBEN do you? grin grin grin

Picture 1 - The very first Shell Eco Marathon Car made

Picture 2 - The second.

Mayflowa:

The bolded - Engineering faculty? shocked

Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by AreaFada2: 3:25pm On May 27, 2016
Rossikk:

Lol. Batteries, tyres, plugs, windscreens, cables, lamps and many other car parts are made by separate companies. Dunlop, Pirelli, Michelin, Siemens, GE and other smaller firms make various car parts.

Even companies like Boeing, Airbus, Embraer get aeroplane engines from Rolls Royce, GE and others.

Who makes everything by themselves these days? shocked
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by daejavuu: 3:25pm On May 27, 2016
HenryDion:

bros oya make you assemble bicycle now.
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by feldido(m): 3:27pm On May 27, 2016
tdayof:
Really? lipsrsealed

What do u knw as Aerodynamics?
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Solexy96(m): 3:34pm On May 27, 2016
Nice job but it's assembling of parts.

If not, did they construct the bodywork?
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Solexy96(m): 3:34pm On May 27, 2016
Nice job but it's assembling of parts.

If not, did they construct the bodywork, rims etc?
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by DonnyE(m): 3:36pm On May 27, 2016
HenryDion:
you are absolutely wrong .lots of the parts were fabricated right there in the faculty of Engineering,uniben
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by GloriaNinja(f): 3:41pm On May 27, 2016
wow that's cool.
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by myhealthhhh: 3:43pm On May 27, 2016
neo2smart:
This is very innovative...

if only the government supports them...
its sponsored by shell...dey had more dan enuf support

1 Like

Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 27, 2016
Sparrow13:
is it electric, solar, diesel or petrol powered?
Water
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by tdayof(m): 3:58pm On May 27, 2016
feldido:

What do u knw as Aerodynamics?
Aerodynamics is the way air moves around things. The rules of aerodynamics explain how an airplane is able to fly. Anything that moves through air reacts to aerodynamics. A rocket blasting off the launch pad and a kite in the sky react to aerodynamics. Aerodynamics even acts on cars, since air flows around cars. That thing am seeing looks so much like something i can call failed aerodynamics!
Re: A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) by Bondesniger(m): 4:04pm On May 27, 2016
pls encourage him oooo when i see people like this i say GOD BLESS NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sloth Bear Tears Victim's Face (Photos) / Missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 Plane Wreckage Found Off The Coast Of Africa? / Snake Strangles Two Boys To Death While Sleeping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.