Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,117 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:17 AM

Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament (12849 Views)

Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark / Mikel, Others Stop Siasia From Resigning As Coach / Samson Siasia Signing Keshi's And Amodu's Condolence Registers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by robosky02(m): 2:29pm On May 27, 2016
Siasia names Okechukwu, Awoniyi, 18 others for Suwon pre-Olympics tournament

The Nigeria U23 coach has announced his invitations for the Korea championship that is a precursor to Rio 2016 where they will play against Denmark and Honduras

Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia has selected 20 players made up of 12 home-based and eight overseas-based professionals for next month’s Suwon Invitational Tournament in South Korea where they will face the hosts, Honduras and Denmark.

The list is dominated by players who featured against the Brazil U23 side in a friendly in two months ago, which Nigeria won 1-0, while two new faces Emiloju Julius and Abdulrahman Taiwo break into the team, and winger Saviour Godwin also makes a return to the team after a long absence.

Addressing the players after the friendly game on Thursday at the practice pitch of the National Stadium, Abuja, Siasia charged those selected for the trip to see it as an honour.

“That you were selected does not mean that those not selected are not good. We simply want to give everyone enough opportunity to justify why they should be part of the team to the Rio Olympics."

To those who were dropped, Siasia told them not to see themselves as not being part of the plans of the technical crew, but a clarion call to work even harder, as the team will be going to the United States of America for its final camping exercise where the best will be selected for the Olympics.

The delegation of 20 players and 10 officials will be led by NFF Executive Committee member and Chairman of the NFF Media and Publicity Committee, Hon. Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande.

The group is expected to depart Nigeria for Korea Republic on Monday, 30th May aboard an Ethiopian Airline flight, and arrive in Seoul on Tuesday.

Full Squad

Goalkeepers

Emmanuel Daniel, Yusuf Mohammed, Emmanson Daniel

Defenders

Sincere Seth, Ndifreke Effiong, Segun Oduduwa, Stanley Amuzie, Julius Emiloju, Erhun Obanor, Saturday Erimuya

Midfielders

Azubuike Okechukwu, Usman Mohammed, Stanley Dimgba, Sodiq Popoola, Saviour Godwin

Forwards

Taiwo Awoniyi, Ubong Ekpai, Abdulrahman Taiwo, Nathan Oduwa, Tiongoli Tonbara,

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2016/05/27/23981282/siasia-names-okechukwu-awoniyi-18-others-for-suwon-pre?ICID=HP_HN_1

1 Like

Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by salabscholar01(m): 2:47pm On May 27, 2016
Not Ball in the air oo. Please ball on ground cool....I wish u guys the former President... I wish u Goodluck...

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by Temmytea70(m): 2:48pm On May 27, 2016
OK too
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 27, 2016
Hope they perform well.
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by Arewa12: 2:55pm On May 27, 2016
issoke.
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by DCMIX(m): 2:55pm On May 27, 2016
kelechi iheanacho nko?

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by DCMIX(m): 2:57pm On May 27, 2016
isaac success nko?
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by zeusdgrt(m): 2:57pm On May 27, 2016
Nigeria match nor dey sweet to watch
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 27, 2016
OK, they better deliver
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by Arewa12: 2:59pm On May 27, 2016
DCMIX:
kelechi iheanacho nko?
i think say na only dey wonder.
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 27, 2016
I trust Siasia, he will deliver. But we will need our best to be selected for the Olympics proper.
The likes of victor moses, mikel, eheanacho, simon, isaac success, Iwobi etc need to be integrated into the team as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 27, 2016
At least sia1 has a football pattern/system. Not this un pattered /unsystemic/styless super eagles
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by robosky02(m): 3:01pm On May 27, 2016
the journey to the Olympics

officially kicks off

lets go there
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by 00Ademi(m): 3:03pm On May 27, 2016
Iwobi and kelechi shud be there na..... Dem no be U23 ??

1 Like

Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by neolboy(m): 3:05pm On May 27, 2016
ok
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by Easy2020: 3:06pm On May 27, 2016
I wish you guys goodluck
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by safarigirl(f): 3:07pm On May 27, 2016
I like that Siasia is preparing for the worst in the sense that Arsenal and City may not release Iwobi and Kelechi for the Olympics, but still....it's going to be difficult integrating them with players who have formed a bond with others when you've never given them a game.

Iheanacho and Iwobi have never played an U23 game with actual U23 players and if Siasia has any plans of using them in the Olympics- which he hopefully does, he's going to have to include them at some point BEFORE Rio

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by robosky02(m): 3:07pm On May 27, 2016
00Ademi:
Iwobi and kelechi shud be there na..... Dem no be U23 ??

yes those are the jokers

after the invitational game

then he will unleash them proper

1 Like

Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by gozmok1(m): 3:09pm On May 27, 2016
I wish you guys GEJ

1 Like

Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by bayulll011(m): 3:12pm On May 27, 2016
safarigirl:
I like that Siasia is preparing for the worst in the sense that Arsenal and City may not release Iwobi and Kelechi for the Olympics, but still....it's going to be difficult integrating them with players who have formed a bond with others when you've never given them a game.

Iheanacho and Iwobi have never played an U23 game with actual U23 players and if Siasia has any plans of using them in the Olympics- which he hopefully does, he's going to have to include them at some point BEFORE Rio

hes sure smart tot to count his egg,those players will not be released it is so sure,he should make use of those players with him
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by johnwizey: 3:13pm On May 27, 2016
When Olympics dey start sef?
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 27, 2016
Smh so Ismail Gata is not on this list.
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:21pm On May 27, 2016
Well said Sir Robosky.... after this Suwon pre-olympic tourney Siasia will work with the best from this 20 and add them to the other high profile U-23 talents for the London and/or Atlanta (USA) camps before Rio Olympics.

Right now, I wanna see if the likes of Sadiq Popoola and Nathan Oduwa plus a few others can stake a claim for the team's final stages of camping ahead of Rio.

robosky02:

yes those are the jokers

after the invitational game

then he will unleash them proper
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by Roon9(m): 3:26pm On May 27, 2016
Tot England needed kelechi? Let's give them jor before we kill his career angry

Meanwhile

Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by kechywillz(m): 3:54pm On May 27, 2016
Yeah boyz,go show em wat ur made of
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 27, 2016
Jst hope dey do well nd i wish dem GEJ
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 27, 2016
Jst hope dey do well nd i wish dem a GEJ
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by nerodenero: 4:58pm On May 27, 2016
DCMIX:
kelechi iheanacho nko?
This is not the final selection. Iheanacho would definitely make the list to the Olympics.
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 6:38pm On May 27, 2016
Siasia should not make those silly mistakes he made during afcon qualifiers........

Anyway these not d Olympic list
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by mikron(m): 12:39pm On May 28, 2016
for sure kelechi, isaac success, iwobi and the likes will make the final cut after the final camping in the US, this is just an invitational. this clearly shows the dept of raw talents naija can boast of, i hope we clinch the trophy in this suwon tournament to really give the boys the needed drive to go for gold in the Olympic proper. lets go there, the land is green
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:08pm On May 28, 2016
Ohhh.. well said Sir Mikron! Just like my thoughts up this same page... cheesy

Meanwhile, Sir..... I have been asking after you ooo.... Trust thou art doing great? wink

Good to "see" you again Sir.... I have missed you kinda.. grin #smiles

mikron:
for sure kelechi, isaac success, iwobi and the likes will make the final cut after the final camping in the US, this is just an invitational. this clearly shows the dept of raw talents naija can boast of, i hope we clinch the trophy in this suwon tournament to really give the boys the needed drive to go for gold in the Olympic proper. lets go there, the land is green
Re: Siasia Names 20 Players For Suwon Pre-olympics Tournament by mikron(m): 1:33pm On May 28, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Ohhh.. well said Sir Mikron! Just like my thoughts up this same page... cheesy

Meanwhile, Sir..... I have been asking after you ooo.... Trust thou art doing great? wink

Good to "see" you again Sir.... I have missed you kinda.. grin #smiles

i missed u too thesuperned, im good, just kinda been busy lately, im will always be on nairaland sports section one way or the other cos we sleep and eat sports especially football cheesy cheesy
how have u been bro? are u tru with studies? i hope u re also looking forward to the suwon invitational? wink wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welcome Back Home, Max!: Allegri Becomes Juventus Coach until 2025 / Taribo Vs Obasanjo: Beauty Contest / The Uk 2018/2019 Pools Season ( Draw Nap Key Settings On Booklet ).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.