Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,816 members, 7,798,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Mom Thanks Total Stranger For Disciplining Her Child On Playground! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mom Thanks Total Stranger For Disciplining Her Child On Playground! (703 Views)

Mother Ties Her Child On A Pillar In Her House (Photo) / Conversation Between A Mother And Her Child Who Caught Her Cheating On His Dad. / Zimbabwean Man Forces Wife To Sleep With Stranger For $3000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mom Thanks Total Stranger For Disciplining Her Child On Playground! by Uchddaniel(m): 3:51pm On May 27, 2016
One mom’s blog post is drawing tons of Internet buzz after she thanked a stranger for disciplining her son at the playground.
“My guess is when that mom told my son to knock it off, that might not have been an easy decision to make,” Karen Alpert of Chicago told ABC News. “Most moms are biting their tongue before they tell another kid to stop it.”
She added: “I would like other parents to have that courage and I feel like if another parent does that for me, then, ‘Thank you’ – you deserve the applause for having that courage.”
Alpert, who’s mom to Zoey, 7, and Holden, 4, said it was earlier this week when she brought Holden and his buddy to play on the playground.
While Holden was swinging on the monkey bars with another child, Albert noticed he hadn’t waited his turn. A nearby mom asked him to stop, Alpert said.
“He’s a nice, sweet kid, but he really wasn’t stopping to think about this other child,” she said. “I kind of saw it going on in the corner of my eye. You walk over, and you’re so angry at them for doing that instead of thanking the other parents for helping.”
So Tuesday, Alpert took to her blog babysideburns.com, to show her gratitude for the mom who helped out that day.
The post read, in part:

Read Full Story Here.
http://dansino..com.ng/2016/05/mom-thanks-total-stranger-for.html

Re: Mom Thanks Total Stranger For Disciplining Her Child On Playground! by Cutehector(m): 3:52pm On May 27, 2016
I no just wan talk anything first grin

1 Like

Re: Mom Thanks Total Stranger For Disciplining Her Child On Playground! by AxeurdaddyIX: 3:54pm On May 27, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Mom Thanks Total Stranger For Disciplining Her Child On Playground! by 5minsmadness: 4:06pm On May 27, 2016
And so the gradual return back to community upbringing begins.

Indeed there is nothing new under the sun.

1 Like

Re: Mom Thanks Total Stranger For Disciplining Her Child On Playground! by Uchddaniel(m): 4:42pm On May 27, 2016
That's how best to bring up children. grin

(1) (Reply)

Woman Delivers Quadroplet In Cross River / What Kind Of Relationship Did You Had With Your Immediate Sibling. / Why Do Most Nigerian Mothers Act As Bullies Even To their +20yr Old Daughters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.