Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Actress Georgina Onuoha Says Nigerians Will Continue To Languish In Abject Pover - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Actress Georgina Onuoha Says Nigerians Will Continue To Languish In Abject Pover (657 Views)

Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" / BBNaija: Tobi Bakre Shades Efe, Says Nigerians Voted Him Out Of Pity / Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actress Georgina Onuoha Says Nigerians Will Continue To Languish In Abject Pover by morereb10: 4:00pm On May 27, 2016
Nollywood actress, Georgina Onuoha, has suggested the need for her colleagues and all Nigerians to speak up on issues at all time and not waiting till they got favours, deals or gigs from politicians. The actress said this after renowned movie producer, Dickson Iroegbu yesterday, in an open letter, pleaded with former president, Goodluck Jonathan for forgiveness, for his involvement in condemning his government.

Onuoha lauded Iroegbu, noting that it takes a noble man with guts to accept his mistakes and publicly acknowledge them. She added that until we (Nigerians) begin to hold our elected officials accountable; we will continue to languish in abject poverty while our elected representatives that are supposed to serve us lavish our inheritance.

“I have tremendous respect for you Mr Dickson,” the actress noted.

It would be recalled that Iroegbu on his Facebook page on Thursday, said he regretted fighting against the former president. He narrated how he and some of his colleagues ‘ganged up’ against Jonathan.

He wrote: “Dear Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I write to apologize on behalf of myself and the many repentant Nigerians like me who ganged up against your government in 2012.” The movie director categorically stated that he was a fool to have fought against, condemned Jonathan. Supporting his guts and show of remorse, the mother of two on her Instagram account @georginaonuoha, backed Iroegbu. She shared a photo which compared the past government, People’s Democratic Party, PDP, and the present, All Progressives Congress, APC.

She wrote, “My colleague’s confession @Dickson!

“When I say learn to speak truth to power. Don’t be in bed with politicians (that is as a public figure, an icon people look up to, you have to learn to stay away from any political entity that impairs your judgement or the ability to speak truth to power.

Full story @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/05/actress-georgina-onuoha-says-nigerians.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44

Re: Actress Georgina Onuoha Says Nigerians Will Continue To Languish In Abject Pover by Airforce1(m): 4:01pm On May 27, 2016
it's your mother and father that will languish in poverty
Re: Actress Georgina Onuoha Says Nigerians Will Continue To Languish In Abject Pover by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 27, 2016

Lobbish! grin
Re: Actress Georgina Onuoha Says Nigerians Will Continue To Languish In Abject Pover by Nature8(m): 4:08pm On May 27, 2016
Ok.. But I dodge that languish in poverty, it's not my portion or any of my family and friends..
Re: Actress Georgina Onuoha Says Nigerians Will Continue To Languish In Abject Pover by crazymommy(f): 4:08pm On May 27, 2016
Just negodu...

Re: Actress Georgina Onuoha Says Nigerians Will Continue To Languish In Abject Pover by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 27, 2016
dts ur own opinion
Re: Actress Georgina Onuoha Says Nigerians Will Continue To Languish In Abject Pover by onyi4edu(f): 4:14pm On May 27, 2016
Misleading topic undecided

"She added that until we (Nigerians) begin to hold our elected officials accountable; we will continue to languish in abject poverty while our elected representatives that are supposed to serve us lavish our inheritance."

This was what she said and she pointed out the truth even though the way she said it might be wrong.
Re: Actress Georgina Onuoha Says Nigerians Will Continue To Languish In Abject Pover by sinaj(f): 4:17pm On May 27, 2016
Op u can lie o! angry

See d way u misled d posters above me that didn't read b4 commenting undecided

Modify this ur topic abeg

Abi u b blogger

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Tolu Oniru & Tunde Demuren's Pre-wedding Dinner Iin Dubai / I Can’t Just Jump Into Marriage Because Chinedu (aki) Is Married – Osita Iheme / Family Of Late OJB Jezreel Release Burial Arrangements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.