Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale (35514 Views)

MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos / Tiwa Savage Denies Joining Illuminati, Explain ROC Nation Sign / ROC Nation Welcomes Tiwa Savage To Record Label [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by JAYTUNEZ(m): 4:36pm On May 27, 2016
Top Nigerian/US rapper, Wale has opened up on Nigerian music with particular focus on Wizkid.

In an interview with Factory 78, he said he tried to get Wizkid signed on to Roc Nation way before he became a global brand.

He also said he feels Drake copied Wizkid's style on his hit track on Views album, One Dance..

Wizkid is credited as a co-producer on the track so it could mean he wrote part of the lyrics..
Wale said;

I would like to hear more of Wizkid.I would like to hear more of Wizkid on one dance.I could hear more control.It sounds like Wizkid's song.He sounded like Wizkid on that song.The lyrics, the style  everything,.I mean he is a phenomenal writer but I just feel like he sounds like Wizkid on that song..

On Nigerian music,he said

I'm proud of Davido and Wizkid and Olamide. There is alot of dope artists coming out right now .

.I knew it was gonna get there. I mean,Nigeria got like a whole 60 % of the swag in Africa. I always knew .I remember bringing the idea of signing Wizkid to Roc nation to the guys out there .Like early on. It was way before this time. I knew it was gon get there. I got like 7 songs on the internet with him. If I had held on to him back then,it would have been a different story.

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/05/i-tried-to-get-wizkid-into-roc-nation.html?m=1

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 27, 2016
Na so them dey talk

After you done hit fame, everyone will come up with their own version of how I wanted to sign you or do this

Next abeg

42 Likes

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by pinkyliceous(f): 4:45pm On May 27, 2016
Afenifere thread.

So you are not proud of M.I, Phyno, Flavour, P-Square and Don Jazzy?

36 Likes

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by emerged01(m): 4:55pm On May 27, 2016
pinkyliceous:
Afenifere thread.

Chai! Nigeria needs help. How can we get out of this tribes issue. It has really gone out of hands.
I believe he is close to those he mentioned nothing like afenifere thread.

144 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 27, 2016
vargasvictory:
Na so them dey talk

After you done hit fame, everyone will come up with their own version of how I wanted to sign you or do this

Next abeg
Wale.....is not everybody. Wiz kid is not on wale level I beg. Wale is a lyrical genius.

He's clearly just trying to promote Wizkid like Akon is doing with P Square.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 27, 2016
rokiatu:
Wale.....is not everybody. Wiz kid is not on wale level I beg. Wale is a lyrical genius.

Ma'am pipe down

I know who Wale is, and also the fact Wizkid is not on his level

I'm just saying based on the fact that if he had wanted to sign him to Roc Nation or still he wants to, he should push for it and spare US all the big big talk

7 Likes

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by TPAND(f): 6:07pm On May 27, 2016
Carefully concocted piece of crap... Until Wale tweets this, we not believing.

You think Wizkid is more important to Drake in Roc Nation. You must be high on KWALE Weed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by Bawsse(m): 6:13pm On May 27, 2016
rokiatu:

Thank you, marry me!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by pinkyliceous(f): 6:59pm On May 27, 2016
Keep repeating it to yourself that it is not Afenifere thread, maybe you will believe yourself.

emerged01:

Chai! Nigeria needs help. How can we get out of this tribes issue. It has really gone out of hands.

1 Like

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by IamOpemipo(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2016
pinkyliceous:
Afenifere thread.

Afenifere owns the naija music industry grin

Now deal with that.. cheesy

And wat are dose u listed up there? Brand of tomato paste? undecided

70 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by pinkyliceous(f): 8:26pm On May 27, 2016
Hahahahaha

Keep lying to yourself, maybe you will be consoled.

9ice: Famous for 2 years ONLY .

Olu Maintain: Famous for 1 and half years ONLY.

Dagrin: Famous for a year till he joined cult and....

Childish Davido: Famous for his background and never for his music.

Wizkid: the only true talented Afenifere musician.

Burna boy: Noise maker.

Korede: About to marry Derenle.

D'banj: dead career.

Wande Coal: dead and buried.

Cabassa: dead, buried and forgotten.

Paul Play Dairo: dead and exhumed. Skeleton now in lab for experiments.

Una no dey last.

Una no dey dey focused.

Respect to Wizkid though, the only Afenifere artiste I respect.

Holla atcha boy!

Your musicians don't last for up to 3 years unless they are with Don Jazzy. Hihihihihi.

IamOpemipo:

Afenifere owns the naija music industry grin

Now deal with that.. cheesy

And wat are dose u listed up there? Brand of tomato paste? undecided

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by IamOpemipo(m): 8:39pm On May 27, 2016
pinkyliceous:
Hahahahaha

Una no dey last.

Una no dey dey focused.

Holla atcha boy!

Your musicians don't last for up to 3 years unless they are with Don Jazzy. Hihihihihi.

Joker grin cheesy

19 Likes

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by yinkzzboy: 9:03pm On May 27, 2016
grin
pinkyliceous:
Hahahahaha

Una no dey last.

Una no dey dey focused.

Holla atcha boy!

one of the reasons i come to nairaland.. Nairalander and their funny rib cracking comments grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by pinkyliceous(f): 9:06pm On May 27, 2016
Dey there make shoe dey wear you.

Yinka Davies: gone.

Ara: gone.

Asa: hmnnnnn.

Tiwa Savage: About to go. Forget about the hype about jay-Z's label.

Mode 9: Gone.

Fine boy Banky W: gone.

True true una no dey last.
IamOpemipo:

Joker grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by pinkyliceous(f): 9:11pm On May 27, 2016
cheesy grin cheesy grin
yinkzzboy:
grin one of the reasons i come to nairaland.. Nairalander and their funny rib cracking comments grin

2 Likes

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by IamOpemipo(m): 9:55pm On May 27, 2016
pinkyliceous:

*yawns*

Keep disgracin yaself

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by pinkyliceous(f): 9:59pm On May 27, 2016
So says a weak/conquered man to himself.

My regards to Weird Mc.

Bye.

IamOpemipo:

*yawns*

Keep disgracin yaself

12 Likes

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by dont8(m): 10:09pm On May 27, 2016
pinkyliceous:

Are you by any chance related to Basketmouth or prabably Pappy Luwe or something?

Just asking...

7 Likes

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by IamOpemipo(m): 10:19pm On May 27, 2016
pinkyliceous:
So says a weak/conquered man to himself.

My regards to Weird Mc.

Bye.

she don taya grin

22 Likes

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by FisifunKododada: 10:25pm On May 27, 2016
pinkyliceous:
Afenifere thread.

Jealousy go kill you - when was the last time any of those you mentioned had a hit? cool

Besides when Wale came to Nigeria, did M.I show him love? Did Phyno, Flavor, PSquare and Dumb Jazzy show him love? So why should he give them a shout out? Mumu oshi - nothing dey dat your ugly head walahi - empty skull cool

And this mumu way below this page says PSQUARE are the greatest African artist? Say what??!!!!!!!!!!!! PSQUARE that jacked USHER'S swag and dance move and everything. To be the GREATEST you have to be original. Psquare are NOT original and hence are not even close to great not to talk of greatest.

YOU CANNOT COPY COPY AN AMERICAN ARTIST TO BECOME THE GREATEST AFRICAN ARTIST - GOD FORBID.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by FisifunKododada: 10:27pm On May 27, 2016
TPAND:
Carefully concocted piece of crap... Until Wale tweets this, we not believing.

You think Wizkid is more important to Drake in Roc Nation. You must be high on KWALE Weed

Here is the proof. Now apologize to the OP sharp sharp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1liVUwVNa4s

11 Likes

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by FisifunKododada: 10:30pm On May 27, 2016
pinkyliceous:
[s]Hahahahaha

Una no dey last.

Una no dey dey focused.

Holla atcha boy!

[/s]

See dis mumu - u don see all the music awards for the past decade? Who carry am. mumu ipod yoot. cool

And all these people you listed, the poorest among them can feed your entire wretched family for a thousand years without any problem. cool cool

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by chumakk: 11:09pm On May 27, 2016
Drake will be thanking God for providing wizkid. One dance is number 1 everywhere

2 Likes

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by titi4fola(f): 11:09pm On May 27, 2016
emerged01:

Nice replied

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by DaFlash: 12:24am On May 28, 2016
pinkyliceous:
Hahahahaha

Una no dey last.

Una no dey dey focused.

Holla atcha boy!

All those people you named there, you and your generation can never achieve what they have achieved.

It's not a curse but from the way you think its the fact.

25 Likes

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by Nobody: 2:47am On May 28, 2016
pinkyliceous:
Afenifere thread.

can u compare the above mentioned with wande coal, Asa, Wizkid, Olamide Davido, Korede bello, Tiwa salvage, Yemi Alade, Dbanj and Dagrin ..just to mention a few.

one of d attache by force comparison we are complaining of frm you people.

14 Likes

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by proeast(m): 4:59am On May 28, 2016
Really?? Wow, never knew. Next Please!!!
Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by proeast(m): 5:03am On May 28, 2016
pinkyliceous:
Afenifere thread.

Tell you, He could not even hide his bias. One Love to the greatest musician from Africa, The P SQUARE.

6 Likes

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by proeast(m): 5:06am On May 28, 2016
chowlade:

can u compare the above mentioned with wande coal, Asa, Wizkid, Olamide Davido, Korede bello, Tiwa salvage, Yemi Alade, Dbanj and Dagrin ..just to mention a few.

one of d attache by force comparison we are complaining of frm you people.
These Wannabes you listed can never, read my lips, can never come close to P Square till they die. Dont allow sentiment to becloud your sense of reasoning!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by pinkyliceous(f): 6:30am On May 28, 2016
Thanks my bro. His fellow bigots here were acting like they didn't notice the line he tows.

proeast:
Tell you, He could not even hide his bias. One Love to the greatest musician from Africa, The P SQUARE.

1 Like

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by pinkyliceous(f): 6:31am On May 28, 2016
I don't know why they never like to see others up there except their own. Don Jazzy has been fair to them but if it were the other way round they would have brought in tribalism.

proeast:
These Wannabes you listed can never, read my lips, can never come close to P Square till they die. Dont allow sentiment to becloud your sense of reasoning!!

2 Likes

Re: I Tried To Get Wizkid In Roc Nation & Drake Copied Wizkid In "One Dance" --Wale by Nobody: 9:12am On May 28, 2016
proeast:

uno get shame to even comment this way......psquare na group artist, were born in Jos ..u think den still b igbo?

dont say this outside o.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MC, Bossman Comes For Banky W' 'Marry' Inscription, Advises Adesua Etomi / Why The Anekes Cant Accept Psquare / Helen Paul's Theatre & Film Academy In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.