Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,337 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan (30114 Views)

Sensei Uche Writes An Open Letter To Yusuf Buhari / Nollywood Producer, Dickson Iroegbu Shares Beautiful Family Photos / Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by WAECFlyer2: 5:28pm On May 27, 2016
Movie producer, Dickson Iroegbu, penned a public apology to former President Goodluck Jonathan for what he described as "ganging up" with other Nigerians against his government in 2012 when the former president, attempted to remove oil subsidy. Continue to read Dickson's letter after the cut...

[b]Dear Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I write to apologize on behalf of myself and the many repentant Nigerians like me who ganged up against your government in 2012. Your government's policy to remove subsidy on the Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), popularly known as patrol was completely misconstrued by us. I was personally deceived by my overzealous comradely towards millions of Nigerians who had traveled to various locations at that time to spend Christmas with their loved ones. I was particularly concerned about NDIIGBO who traditionally returned home in droves during this period every year. Sir, like millions of Nigerians I worked for your victory at the polls in 2011, but I considered the untoward hardship the removal of subsidy on the 1st of January 2012 as insensitive. It was simply seen as going to inflict serious hardship on the millions who voted you to power; hence we arose against it.
Yes I did join the protest, but my dear Sir, I did not consider the long term positive effect it would have on the economy of our beloved nation at that particular moment. We joined forces with the NLC and the TUC, and alongside your political enemies we mobilized hundreds of thousands of people in protest across the nation.
I matched with my colleagues from my then abode in Aguda through Surulere (National Stadium), to Ojelegba, through Maryland, to Ojota where we met a marmot crowd. The police and all other law enforcement agents under your democratic leadership were very civil with us; we were never harassed or molested nor killed. In fact a certain overzealous police man who accidentally shot at a young man in Mushin area in Lagos during that protest was not only dismissed from service, but he was also prosecuted and jailed!
SIR, YOU ARE A GOOD EXAMPLE OF A DEMOCRATIC LEADER IN AFRICA!
There in Ojota, Pastor Tunde Bakare and Sheik Ahmad Abubakar Gumi and Seun Kuti, and many many others were there. Even my brother Okey Bakassi was there too! We sang and danced, we gyrated, we cooked and slept there in the open arena protected by the police, the civil defence, etc.
The next day we woke up matched on to Ikoyi and converged at Falamo bridge, where Ali Baba, Prof. Pat Utomi, and the rich men children were gathered - we had matched through YABA and IDUMOTA, chanting the resurrected songs of King Fela Anikulapo Kuti. We called you names like, the shameless shoeless one, the animal in human skin, innumerable and unprintable names!
Even when you came out in a nationwide broadcast and addressed the people as President and father of the nation explaining why you took that unpopular decision, urging the masses to understand and bear with you for a while, we said no way! We remained adamant! We booed you! We insulted you!
Mr. President Sir, please find it in your heart to forgive us. We did not know what we were doing then; but we understand better now. The same people who deceived us have turned around and increase the pump price through the back door, in the guise of subsidy removal. They have inflicted hardship on the Nigerian masses you love so much. You were not perfect, but you were a loving father to all of us, you were President and C-in-C to the North, South, West and the East, but we vilified and treated you with disrespect and ignominy.
Sir, the economy that flourished under your watch as President which positioned us as number one economy in Africa and one of 25 fastest growing economies in the world is now at its lowest ebb in just one year of misrule. In just one year of your exit Nigeria our beloved country has become a shadow of herself! The picture is so gloomy, inflation rate is so high! The masses cannot even put food on their tables, darkness everywhere, electricity generation is at all time very lowest - killings and maiming, evil looms; our nation Nigeria is under attack!
May be you could just say a word of prayer sir, "May Nigeria not erupt in flames and violence under the current draconian administration" - Sir I say that because there is so much hunger in the land, and as they say, a hungry man is an angry man! A HUNGRY PEOPLE NA CONFUSION!
Please find it in your heart to forgive and forget, for indeed we ganged up against you wrongly. We didn't know that we were doing wrong to our-own-selves. May God bless you with long life and good health.
Warm regards.
#CitizenNigeria[/b]

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10209798556509383&id=1496050659&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10209798556509383%3Atl_objid.10209798556509383%3Athid.1496050659%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1464764399%3A-6511378531312607054&__tn__=%2As

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by WAECFlyer2: 5:29pm On May 27, 2016
SEE MORE DETAILS ON THE LETTER THE MOVIE PRODUCER WROTE ----> http://www.timenaija.com/movie-producer-dickson-irogbu-pens-publi.xhtml

5 Likes

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by kajoula(m): 5:31pm On May 27, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin

OUR HOME IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHO WE ARE angry

SHINE SHINE FACE NOR BE GOOD MIND TOWARDS HUMANITY. grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by Swagt101(m): 5:33pm On May 27, 2016
Somebody tell me why I should take someone who spelled 'petrol' as 'patrol' serious... Mtcheew.. Na soso useless movies dem go dey direct.... grin grin

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 27, 2016
too late

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by crazymommy(f): 5:45pm On May 27, 2016
Every tom and dick is just seeking attention...

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 27, 2016
Swagt101:
Somebody tell me why I should take someone who spelled 'petrol' as 'patrol' serious... Mtcheew.. Na soso useless movies dem go dey direct
mr grammar pls make we hear something for u pls

241 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by TPAND(f): 5:56pm On May 27, 2016
I remember this dude... He is a sore loser

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by Swagt101(m): 5:57pm On May 27, 2016
dtruthis:
mr grammar pls make we hear something for u pls
dtruthis:
mr grammar pls make we hear something from u pls
Fixed grin... Don't thank me!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 27, 2016
me sef don dey appreciate Jonathan nw

more gist::: Photos : Ooni Of Ife And His Wife
Wuraola Celebrate Children's Day
In Grand Style http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/05/photos-ooni-of-ife-and-his-wife-wuraola.html

105 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by LesbianBoy(m): 7:41pm On May 27, 2016
lipsrsealed

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by LesbianBoy(m): 7:44pm On May 27, 2016
Swagt101:
Somebody tell me why I should take someone who spelled 'petrol' as 'patrol' serious... Mtcheew.. Na soso useless movies dem go dey direct
undecided

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by LesbianBoy(m): 7:51pm On May 27, 2016
God Bless GEJ a.k.a HERO OF NIGERIANS DEMOCRACY

157 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by Built2last: 10:01pm On May 27, 2016
Ok
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by lanxlot(m): 10:01pm On May 27, 2016
Medicine afta death

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by BABANGBALI: 10:01pm On May 27, 2016
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by ikbnice(m): 10:02pm On May 27, 2016
GEJ now seen as a legend. See the irony of life. Some people thought by now he would be in jail.
BOTTOMLINE: Just keep doing the right thing even if the whole world go against you.

188 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by igboboy3(m): 10:02pm On May 27, 2016
Zombies believe that this is only the pain before the gain.

There is no gain anywhere.

Diamond Bank just laid off staff this morning. More job losses everyday.
Various courts have ordered the release of Robert Azibaola but Baba has ear infection and he can't listen

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by lanxlot(m): 10:02pm On May 27, 2016
LesbianBoy:
lipsrsealed
av always been suspicious of Buhari's smiles

11 Likes

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by Firefire(m): 10:05pm On May 27, 2016
Okay, apologies accepted.

Only IF APC can tender a public apology, then Nigerians can forgive their past evil deeds.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by MrCow(m): 10:05pm On May 27, 2016
choi

be like say hunger Don wire bros for Awa

change Don change hin destiny....... see begging

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by MrPresident1: 10:05pm On May 27, 2016
Me sef I warned the people in this thread I created, I showed the that their clamour for Buhari means that they are ready for God's judgment. By rejecting GEJ and voting for Buhari, they showed God that they are ready to be punished grin

https://www.nairaland.com/2132076/spiritual-implications-clamour-buhari-presidency

So far, I hit a bulls-eye in my prophecy grin, all praises to God who gives all wisdom and knowledge and understanding.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by pendusky(m): 10:07pm On May 27, 2016
thumbs
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by Dcomrade(m): 10:07pm On May 27, 2016
A country with some of the finest brains in the world, being led by an illiterate whose English needs translation in English: Pat Utomi cry

119 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by SHOPPERS(m): 10:07pm On May 27, 2016
Chai!
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by Dcomrade(m): 10:07pm On May 27, 2016
All these apologies are coming too early......this is just one year of PMB 4years.....keep calm and lets enjoy the NEPA Bill certificate change. undecided

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by nzeakor24(m): 10:09pm On May 27, 2016
medicine after death

3 Likes

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by Dcomrade(m): 10:10pm On May 27, 2016
wink
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by Iammelvin(m): 10:10pm On May 27, 2016
Na d change we dy c xo embarassedNa d change we dy c xo

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by tonguengineer(m): 10:10pm On May 27, 2016
Am packing and moving straight to Benin and fellow Nigerian lemme Knw wen Buhari ear problem is fixed

3 Likes

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by canalily(m): 10:12pm On May 27, 2016
Your name is oga sorry mr Di.ck
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan by itzMizELo(f): 10:13pm On May 27, 2016
now he realises bt its too late ..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh: Olakunle Churchill Was Married To Another While We Were Married / "I Am My Mother’s Daughter" - Lydia Forson Shows Mother-daughter Resemblance / Rita Dominic Pictured With Mother Of Ben Bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.