Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,571 members, 7,801,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar (29705 Views)

Top 10 Most Expensive Homes Around The World / ₦151Billion: World's Most Expensive Home, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos) / Top 6 Reasons Why the Lagos Rent-to-Own Scheme is Great (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Olulinks(m): 7:58am On May 28, 2016
If their security is that tight, why we're people going to Lindas gate on banana Island in flocks to take pictures. Wasn't there no one to check their actions? Even Lindas sis was threatened at a point.
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by smartigo: 8:12am On May 28, 2016
I agree with the poster. What I think is contributing to this is the Toll placed on every building materials brought in by Bipolar. A 20ft container goes for 10k and it has being reviewed presently to go for 20k or more but yet to be adopted. just imagine that?

On security matters, is so difficult to have access if you are foot;if driving,you either call whom you are going to see or know the residence or company you are visiting. Nevertheless no system is perfect but they can improve when the loop holes are detected .
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by smartigo: 8:12am On May 28, 2016
I agree with the poster. What I think is contributing to this is the Toll placed on every building materials brought in by Bipolar. A 20ft container goes for 10k and it has being reviewed presently to go for 20k or more but yet to be adopted. just imagine that?

On security matters, is so difficult to have access if you are on foot;if driving,you either call whom are going to see it know the residence or company you are visiting. Nevertheless no system is perfect but they can improve when the loop holes are detected .
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Frankicent(m): 8:13am On May 28, 2016
CzarRex:
FTC

waiting for those igbo boys to storm this thread claiming they were the one who developed banana island.
you no get sense

2 Likes

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by smartigo: 8:13am On May 28, 2016

On security matters, is so difficult to have access if you are on foot;if driving,you either call whom you are going to see or know the residence or company you are visiting. Nevertheless, no system is perfect but they can improve when the loop holes are detected .
NB: oops, network. sorry about d duplications
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Housing(m): 8:36am On May 28, 2016
I have been to banana island on occasions and I don't see anything special in that vicinity. To me security in Lekki phase 1 is even better. The roads there are not the best. The green areas is not as reach as VGC which is now a common place. Banana Island is over hyped and highly over priced. The rich in Banana Island are you mostly young accidental millionaires and billionaires. You will never see well established billionaires with well known business within Banana Island. Even the owners of most structure and that of the real estate that developed and sold the property stays in the main Ikoyi and not within Banana Island..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Nobody: 8:45am On May 28, 2016
You no well no pixure to back up ur claim
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Sprintson(m): 8:52am On May 28, 2016
That place is jux too costly and its a show off for rich people....I still like park view or Osborne Estate dou less opulent but with friendlier neighbours...Banana island is quiet except u want to live in Ocean parade towers and the likes in Banana island....
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Nathkem01(m): 9:01am On May 28, 2016
I don't hav dat kind of money to rent or buy house dia for now......buh am still breathing I can't still make it
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Nathkem01(m): 9:02am On May 28, 2016
Oh sowie.....I can still make it rather
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by masseratti: 9:08am On May 28, 2016
Housing:
I have been to banana island on occasions and I don't see anything special in that vicinity. To me security in Lekki phase 1 is even better. The roads there are not the best. The green areas is not as reach as VGC which is now a common place. Banana Island is over hyped and highly over priced. The rich in Banana Island are you mostly young accidental millionaires and billionaires. You will never see well established billionaires with well known business within Banana Island. Even the owners of most structure and that of the real estate that developed and sold the property stays in the main Ikoyi and not within Banana Island..
are adenuga and dangotedangote accidental millionaires?
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by rabdeluxe(m): 9:21am On May 28, 2016
OK no vex, na because I no include say I see Jossiwan in His RR this morning abi??

jossiwan:

You go fear i own a house there na #yimu... Pls find a better and a believable lie to tell us.
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Generalyemi(m): 10:01am On May 28, 2016
CzarRex:
oboy I am not a zombie neither am I a wailer,be careful in calling someone, something they're not.

I gat my own house in tomato island, Queensland Australia

one love brother. one love
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by CzarRex: 10:04am On May 28, 2016
Frankicent:
you no get sense
you attack me because you know I am saying the truth,isn't it what you guys are fond of doing online?
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by tosinjay(m): 10:08am On May 28, 2016
bigboss80s:
Did u just compare Banana Island to upscale areas in France? Those places are not just expensive because of good-looking buildings. These are fully developed and truly secure neighbourhoods not just cute buildings with crime-ridden, nasty looking surroundings. We still haven't grasped the idea of true development in this country and until we do we should not even attempt to compare ourselves to developed countries. We are light years behind them.
Sir, you have no idea of the island he's talking about. Didn't you read the qualifying features he shared. Been hearing of that island and i know it's that much because folks that deals in marine(mariners), oil and gas are very influential and know alot, those were whom i learnt about the island from, just wanna have a view yet though but you cannot access the island, am not sure but it's hard, na dere Dangote, Otedola etc get house.
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by TheAdvocate(m): 10:21am On May 28, 2016
Yu lied about Banana Island and Aso Rock as the only place in Nigeria with underground electricity. In Jos, Plateau state, the University of Jos senior staff quarters located along Bauchi ring road has underground electricity since the 1980's till date.
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by hustla(m): 10:36am On May 28, 2016
flyca:
I1) Security
2) 24/7 power supply
3) Excellent Clean Water Supply
4) Good Road Networks
5) Seriene Environmet
6) Well-cherished company...

Funny country! In sane societies, you dont have to be so rich or special to have access to these.

You took the words out of my mouth

2 Likes

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by kazyhm(m): 11:00am On May 28, 2016
flyca:
I1) Security
2) 24/7 power supply
4) Good Road Networks
5) Seriene Environmet

Funny country! In sane societies, you dont have to be so rich or special to have access to these.

just my thought

Nigerians celebrate mediocrity

2 Likes

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:37am On May 28, 2016
sauceny:
Houses in maitama abuja are expensive than that of banana island

Guy u dey make me laff. Who is talking about houses? we are talking about just an ordinary land there in banana island that cost as much as 300 million naira per plot. Nowhere in Abuja that a land cost that amount. I stand to be corrected. Banana island is the most expensive place to live in nigeria.
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Nobody: 11:42am On May 28, 2016
RICHIEBOI1:

Guy u dey make me laff. Who is talking about houses? we are talking about just an ordinary land there in banana island that cost as much as 300 million naira per plot. Nowhere in Abuja that a land cost that amount. I stand to be corrected. Banana island is the most expensive place to live in nigeria.

Lol,a plot goes for N1b in maitama

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by wilcox(m): 11:43am On May 28, 2016
Pennywise:

Plantain island already exists. It's called ajegunle. Go get your plot.
Guy, I gbadu my ajengule any day, anytime. Because we roll in special way there. I miss my hood.
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by nairaman66(m): 12:05pm On May 28, 2016
flyca:
I1) Security
2) 24/7 power supply
4) Good Road Networks
5) Seriene Environmet

1 bottle of original for you!! Just imagine the points the op listed!!! This is what the common man in Nigeria should have access to!!

2 Likes

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by justicejay(m): 12:16pm On May 28, 2016
olajizz01:
Are u joking or u don't read the article,land alone cost hundreds of millions and billion in banana island depending on the size,are we not privy on amount house is sold in that maitama u are talking about.pls stop the joke.
I once argue like you until I did my findings..
I tip you to do the same.
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by zeestunner(m): 12:30pm On May 28, 2016
RICHIEBOI1:

Bros u have never been to maitama even the new extension as at 2013 it goes for 450 talk more of now. If u don't know about something ask don't just conclude yea banana island is nice buh I tell u maitama and asokoro hmm wen u hear some price vex go just catch u.

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by olajizz01(m): 12:38pm On May 28, 2016
justicejay:

I once argue like you until I did my findings..
I tip you to do the same.
Ok,but until then.........
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Batlan01: 12:41pm On May 28, 2016
grin grin grin

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Zieristclair(m): 12:47pm On May 28, 2016
jossiwan:

You go fear i own a house there na #yimu... Pls find a better and a believable lie to tell us.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Raph01: 12:53pm On May 28, 2016
Hello

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by ArchiPelago1: 1:01pm On May 28, 2016
Bonny Island in Portharcout. Is the only place in Nigeria that it's forbidden to take light
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by edisoncash: 4:02pm On May 28, 2016
Amen Estate has sure facilities na but not expensive to leave
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by 19naia(m): 4:20pm On May 28, 2016
Wow, in USA, all those things come as a basic standard for all people, even with police patrol in cars (and helicopters if needed) for security.
The poorest areas in my city all have those things. And the poorest are paid and subsidized well enough to have those things.
Thats why Nigeria is overpriced and Naira value falls. Dollar buys all those things at a very cheap price in USA while mega millions of Naira are needed for the same in Nigeria. Therefore $1 buys you 4 tomatoes in USA, while N500 buys you 4 tomatoes in Nigeria.
Don't be decieved, Banana Island does not compare to Any of those posh places around the world, maybe ot compares in price but not in quality and offerings. Miami beach area alone is spread out beyond the size of Lagos with a fraction of the population and superb quality beyond banana Island and a price that is within reach.
I can easily think of a hundred places i would rather be than Banana island. And to think even a salary of N1million a month is not enough to get into banana Island, but this hotel in Houston can be lived in everyday for that amount. And lets not talk about what you will find down the road as you exit Banana Island. I am sure this hotel in Houton will still be part of true general quality even when you travel 20 kilometers beyond the vicinity said hotel.
General quality of life that can reach beyond just a few embezzlers and crooks ,is a true sign of quality worthy of pride.

See d hotel i paid $80 a night(on discount price) for in Houston city USA that surpasses any hotel in Lagos charging above $160 a night.
I have even stayed in places in USA for $50 a night that are in areas with ammenities i would prefer over banana Island any day.
Make the Banana Island standard reach general public at a fair price and then you will have true pride to bear.

2 Likes

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by InvertedHammer: 4:40pm On May 28, 2016
/
There is nothing special about Banana Island.

It is still in Nigeria.

You can get a better house elsewhere in Nigeria with all the things listed. Nigerians just like to unnecessarily hype things.

Linda Ikeji bought a house there for about N600m. We are tslking about $1.8m in today's rate. And you consider that a top notch?

Whoever wrote the article is suffering from lack of exposure.
Nigerians like to make noise. That's all.
\

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Wackiest Architecture In The World / Reconstruction Diary Of A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (the Face Lift) / Meet The Bird, Architect That Didnt Attend Any School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.