Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions (27156 Views)

BREAKING: UI Shut Over Students’ Protest / Secondary School Closed Over Students Marriages Among Themselves In Bauchi State / UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by tosyne2much(m): 6:20pm On May 27, 2016
Having a carry-over is something nearly every student has probably experienced at a point in his or her academic life, either at primary or tertiary level while some students are very lucky that they have never being a victim of this circumstance. This means that they have never had missing scripts and perhaps, they don't merit failure.

In Nigerian institutions, carry-over comes with a lot sigma and the victims are often stereotyped "dull and unserious" . In this write-up, we are going to critically consider the reactions of students when they become victims of carry-over

Note: This is not an hasty generalization of all carry-over students

So, sit back, take a chill pill, lessen your grasp on the worry of the content of the post and read along some of the disgusting reactions portrayed by carry-over students in Nigerian universities, polytechnics and college of education

1. They tear the result

At the end of the semester, after seeing that they have woefully failed, they will go to their hostel and will return back to the school at night with their torch light, straight to the departmental result board and will tear the whole results cheesy

2. They start Aluta

All the dull students in the class will form a committee and will plan to cause chaos in the school. They will hold a meeting and the thrust of their plans will centre on aluta. They might go to their departmental or admin block and will set it ablaze It happened in Ekpoma sometime this year.. I belong to this category sha cheesy

3. They will assault the lecturer that failed them

The ones who are cultists will lay ambush for the lecturer that failed them and will give him some lashes. This is done to scare the lecturer to pass them for their subsequent re-sit

4. They will strike their names out

Some of them will come with black markers and will strike their names out because they don't want friends and other classmates to see them as olodo.. This is common with students who are in the realm of probation

5. They resort to Runs their exam

This is common with the male students. They will associate themselves with those marking the scripts so that their scripts can the swapped

6. They blame the lecturer for Incompetence

They will start raining curses on the lecturer that failed them that he will never know peace in his life for dishing them carry-over despite providing precise answers to the questions. They will blame the school management to have employed such an incompetent lecturer.

7. They pay Machinery for re-sit

If the course they failed is a little bit difficult and the handout is a bit voluminous to read to pass when they re-sit for it, they will look for somebody that will impersonate them and re-sit for the exam. Cutehector is guilty of this cheesy

8. They ask the class rep to Refund their Money

The ones who paid the class rep for runs yet failed, will confront the class rep to return their money . When the class rep fails to refund their money, they will resort to physical combat. Oga Firstkings1 is a victim of this

9. They stop coming for lectures

I know of peeps that reduced their attendance in class just because their results were very bad and could not stand the humiliation

10. They will burst into treacherous tears

This is very common with ladies cos I'm yet to see a guy crying after checking his result. Even if situation warrant he cries, he won't do that in public and will do that behind closed doors. This happens when she is in her final year. She will cry loudly and start wailing, blaming Buhari for unstable economy that contributed for her failure.

I drop my pen at this point cool

Feel free to add yours

Thanks for reading

Original Writer: Tosyne2much

Source: http://tosyne2much..com/2016/05/10-shameful-reactions-portrayed-by.html

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by confistified(m): 6:27pm On May 27, 2016
am very sure tosyne2much is guilty of no 7 or no 9 cos he's always on Nairaland grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Omotayor123(f): 6:30pm On May 27, 2016
Stop coming to lectures at their own peril shocked

1 Like

Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Smellymouth: 6:41pm On May 27, 2016
I remember during my university days,

After studying hard for Mech 311, I walked into the hall like :: grin cheesy

After seeing the questions, I was like ::

When I heard --" 20 minutes more", I was like ::

Luckily, the invigilator took me to where the most brilliant dudes sat and I wrote like ::

The results came out and I got an A, ::: grin cheesy

175 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Gosj01(m): 6:52pm On May 27, 2016
grabs popcorn!
Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by promisechild(m): 6:56pm On May 27, 2016
They are blackmailers. They will narrate their fictitious encounter with the lecturer which led to their carry over.

Modified: Some are wailers they keep blaming Buhari and APC for their misfortune.

KSU student I hail oooo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Ezedon(m): 6:56pm On May 27, 2016
let's assume
Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by vickvan(m): 7:10pm On May 27, 2016
Oya oya oya. Front page.
Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by tosyne2much(m): 7:10pm On May 27, 2016
promisechild:
They are blackmailers. They will narrate their fictitious encounter with the lecturer which led to their carry over.

KSU student I hail oooo
Some of them will claim that the lecturer had earlier threatened to fail them cheesy
Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by tosyne2much(m): 7:12pm On May 27, 2016
vickvan:
Oya oya oya. Front page.
Wetin make you think say e go enter FP? cheesy
Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Viktoh(m): 7:12pm On May 27, 2016
They start cursing the lecturers
Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Sexytemi(f): 7:13pm On May 27, 2016
Lol, they start to pray and look for people in the same category as them...smh....

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by yungest(m): 7:22pm On May 27, 2016
is that so....Caro Na bad tin oo,d pain is seating with your juniors.....so bad
Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 27, 2016
cheesy grin
Smellymouth:
I remember during my university days,

after studying hard for Mech 311, I walked into the hall like :: grin cheesy

After seeing the questions, I was like ::

When I heard --" 20 minutes more", I was like ::

Luckily, the invigilator took me to where the most brilliant dudes sat, I wrote like ::

The results came out and I got an A, ::: grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by vickvan(m): 7:26pm On May 27, 2016
tosyne2much:
Wetin make you think say e go enter FP? cheesy
Oga tosyne, abeg wait make i drop one.
Ehn ehn... Some after seeing their results that is the very moment they will start blaming that very wicked demonic old woman that is eyeing their destiny. CHAI...
Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by tosyne2much(m): 7:27pm On May 27, 2016
cool
Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Cutehector(m): 7:33pm On May 27, 2016
Tosyne2much how many courses u don get , before, talk tru
Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Kendzyma(m): 7:45pm On May 27, 2016
Lol,during mth courses days(yellow house)...
A lot of carry over made dem reduce d pass mark to 30... grin
Just get 30 and ur carryover is history... cheesy
Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Rapsowdee01(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2016
If this thing no enter FrontPage !!! Make Buhari release Nnmadi Kanu tomorrow afternoon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 27, 2016
grin
Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Michellla(f): 9:03pm On May 27, 2016
you must be an expert in carryovers to know all these grin

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Kowor(f): 9:04pm On May 27, 2016
So it's a shame for a final year student to cry abi? Shift if u r outta points.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by MrCow(m): 9:04pm On May 27, 2016
orisirisi thread......

this one needs a needle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by alolatee(m): 9:05pm On May 27, 2016
tosyne2much:

Source: http://tosyne2much..com/2016/05/10-shameful-reactions-portrayed-by.html

You slander those of us who had different reason aside what you've itemized as being common to CO students.Just pray you are not sick when or during your exams.This is nothing but trash and humiliation of those who had no control whatsoever to why they had CO.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Integrityfarms(m): 9:05pm On May 27, 2016
So you expect everyone to see my name because I failed a course baa

#smh. I better rule off my name. Though never had a carry over all through my five years in uni so I can talk from the experience of failing a course, just my imaginations speaking!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 27, 2016
Read ur books readers are leaders
Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Amodsun(m): 9:09pm On May 27, 2016
promisechild:

KSU student I hail oooo

Lol..carryover after you dn runs the course... Choi, Na that one pain pass.
Ksu nobi beans choi
Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 27, 2016
undecided Strange to me though.We don't have carry-overs in pharmacy,you repeat the class instead. You can't repeat a class twice,you get withdrawn after failing at the second attempt.Faculty of pharmacy bad gan o!!the pass mark is 50 and 60 for a couple of courses. It's no place for mediocres..You can survive anywhere if you pass through pharmacy with no hindrance.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Emeka71(m): 9:10pm On May 27, 2016
Trust you @Tosyne2much
I disagree on some points stated Students in higher institutions are not supposed to write thier names on thier scripts ; only matric number ; Course lecturer does not actually know he failed students in some cases ; I agree with your last point (some babes can even get fabricated a case that the course lecturer wants to sleep with her or wants her to squirt and unfortunately she couldn't do that for the lecturer and that is why she failed).

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 27, 2016
hmmmmm.... remembered those days
Re: 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions by babybrace(f): 9:11pm On May 27, 2016
Everyone reacts in a way or two when they fail, what are your reactions when you fail?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 7 Most Popular Confraternities (cult ) In Nigeria And Their History / What Kind Of Activities Can One Involve In To Increase One's IQ / PHOTO: Young Girl Rejected By Catholic School For Refusing To Shave Her Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.