Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,576 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! (27667 Views)

Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees / British Airways Sacks Hostess Behind Racist Rant Against Nigerians / I'm Not A Racist, It Was A Joke. British Airways Stewardess Responds(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 27, 2016
NavierStokes:

Lease new planes and perform routine maintenance with naira?

The MRO facility in Akwa Ibom could be put into use

1 Like

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by plaetton: 10:12pm On May 27, 2016
MARKone:

What ur are saying happened happened since 1966/67, how long will it take us to get our acts right and wise up. The problem is not the British or the Americans, the problem is with us.

I agree with you.

I was only responding to the poster who decided to make this a SE/ Biafra issue.
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by eyeview: 10:14pm On May 27, 2016
Am sorry to sound harsh but I think its best that Buhari 'goes away'.
At this rate by 2019,there would be no nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by ohenhen1: 10:16pm On May 27, 2016
Yes that will be good news.

Don't come back.

grin grin
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by rusher14: 10:32pm On May 27, 2016
naijaboy756:
park well joor. Hand over this country to Ngozi and see thing turn around for good within 6 months. For now, the chief dullard is in charge

On paper.
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by masseratti: 10:32pm On May 27, 2016
NavierStokes:

My brother there is nothing happening today that is any different from what was obtainable in 84 that the man was booted out. IBB and co needed to take the steering from Buhari before he would run over the cliff, it's the same thing today. I recall seeing some funny cartoon image of a man using the same 1983 calendar in 2016.
Different years, same occurrences.
and after Ibb boted him out, are we in a better state than pre 85?
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by MrDoGood(m): 10:35pm On May 27, 2016
When your president has been flying their airline on credit from one country to another owing up to one year. Why won't they leave?
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Bubu4Sea: 10:36pm On May 27, 2016
NavierStokes:

My Brother, I am just stating the obvious. Someone needs to collect the steering from this man. Imagine giving your RollsRoyce phantom to a driver who is experienced in driving the old days cadillac, its an hazardous or at-risk scenario.

Bubu don suffer for una hand.

The man is threatening to jump into sea oh!
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by spookydee(m): 10:51pm On May 27, 2016
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by ooshinibos: 10:55pm On May 27, 2016
naijaboy756:
Must we wait for this old man to complete his mission of destroying Nigeria before sending him back to Daura?

its beginning to worry me now ....

1 Like

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 27, 2016
amaechi1:

Your economy is long gone before now. Pity you are just realizing that Nigeria economy was a window dressing. When people were shouting of lack of infrastructure to support the economy, maybe you did not understand.
The world's economy is a window dressing, the Daura herder has removed our own curtain..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by NavierStokes(m): 11:31pm On May 27, 2016
masseratti:
and after Ibb boted him out, are we in a better state than pre 85?

Nigerians weren't queuing for essentials until the return of the boy from daura, who is working very hard to replicate the same scenarios that saw him being booted out of power.
There was an emerging middle class from the period of 1999, but within one year the system is being restructured into the rich and the poor, where poor comes in 3 categories.
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Eluwilussit(m): 11:38pm On May 27, 2016
pinkyliceous:
PMB is mumufied.

I did everything within me to warn Nigerians about this guy. I was a teenager in his first coming. He stopped all the small small things university students used to enjoy from government. He killed many businesses. He banned a lot of things and most of my friends whose parents where importers suddenly found themselves in trouble.

He was booted out by IBB to the joy of millions of Nigerians. So watching him 30 years later as the president of nigeria, has given someone like me a strong belief that Nigerians are daft and highly tribalistic.

Who cares where the president is from, as long as he's performing? He brought back Buratai, DSS boss, Immigration boss, and the latest, NTA boss. All formerly retired northerners.

30+ years ago, he addressed the youths on may 27. Today, he's still addressing the youths. Haba! Na only him fight Biafran war?

Like you said, his actions point to mummification. If not total, at least partial mummification. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Nobody: 12:15am On May 28, 2016
CFCman:
Nigerian airlines would have taken advantage of some of these foreign carriers leaving the country, but the domestic airlines are weak.
They only control 10% of the international pax numbers to and fro Nigeria, which is pitiful.

I agree with an airline consultant who advocated for the 9 passenger airlines to be merged into 4 or 5 airlines in order for them to be financially strong.

I'd also call on the FG to set up a Bank of Industry solely for capital-intensive business (i.e. aviation, petroleum, shipping etc) with an initial capital base of N600bn. The bank's interest rates shouldn't be more than 8%. This would enable the airlines source relatively cheap funds to lease new planes and pay for regular maintenance of their aircraft.

We will buy aircraft spare parts in Naira. Aviation fuel I Naira. Service th aircrafts in Naira....
Good reasoning. undecided
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Ayatullah(m): 12:24am On May 28, 2016
naijaboy756:
Must we wait for this old man to complete his mission of destroying Nigeria before sending him back to Daura?

Why can't we all agree to execute by firing squad the "Ineffectual Buffon" from Otuoke for defiling Nigeria?
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Michael333: 12:42am On May 28, 2016
Buhari has finished Nigeria. He is just doing trial and error with his policies.

That's what u get wen an illiterate is president
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Michael333: 12:47am On May 28, 2016
Olodo... Give yourself small brain. GEJ managed d economy better. So stop deceiving yourself.
APC should stop d blame game and get to work. Obama did same in US. He met a bad economy and made it better.
Bubu met a bad economy and made it worst. Infact our economy is a disaster at this point
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Michael333: 1:10am On May 28, 2016
Etogist:
I believe what is happening now is an act of God. Buhari is a divine tool being used to accomplish a project. When the project is completed, everyone will go to their various tents rejoicing. There will be no more Boko haram, Fulani herdsmen, NDA, Tribalism, IPOB, Marginalization, Quoter system and Favoritism. Agriculture will flourish, Mineral resources will be developed and every mind will be shifted from oil.
[color=#000099][/color]

Are u actually ok?

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Michael333: 1:11am On May 28, 2016
kayalcomp:
I beg, is there nobody in this country to tell Buhari that his economy policy is killing Nigeria economy. Infact everything is costly etc.

He doesn't seem to care.
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Nobody: 2:32am On May 28, 2016
Michael333:

Buhari has finished Nigeria. He is just doing trial and error with his policies.

That's what u get wen an illiterate is president
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by opribo(m): 3:14am On May 28, 2016
A certificate less president leading a nation of professors.
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Splashme: 5:06am On May 28, 2016
naijaboy756:
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by buchilino(m): 6:34am On May 28, 2016
anytexy:
Let's give him more time guys, he still have more 3yrs. My opinion shaaaaa.

OK FINE, BUT LETS JUST HOPE N PRAY DAT ALL UR RELATIONS DON'T BECOME UNEMPLOYED.
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by caporia: 7:43am On May 28, 2016
amaechi1:

Please, where do we get the forex to remit?

All I see is grammar, u must be a forest trader.
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by EMMNIG: 8:43am On May 28, 2016
naijaboy756:
CAPITAL LETTER NOOOOOOOOOO
HE MUST LEAVE
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by masseratti: 8:50am On May 28, 2016
NavierStokes:

Nigerians weren't queuing for essentials until the return of the boy from daura, who is working very hard to replicate the same scenarios that saw him being booted out of power.
There was an emerging middle class from the period of 1999, but within one year the system is being restructured into the rich and the poor, where poor comes in 3 categories.
the economy didn't go bad under a year,the naira fell from 200 naira to 260 under one month under Gej,corruption under Shagari also brought the naira to its knee, that was the period most companies in Nigeria failed, oil price went down then,everything was imported into the country, what gave ibb administration more money to spend was the gulf war,which led to the increase in production, and price of oil,if we don't do things right,now,we are doomed,apart of buhari ways the alternative is what Ibb did,which led us to where we are now,question is should we repeat Ibb's method.
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Nobody: 9:02am On May 28, 2016
Abeg when will they leave? they have cheated Nigerians for too long.
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by otokx(m): 9:45am On May 28, 2016
romeoenus:
Abeg when will they leave? they have cheated Nigerians for too long.

nuh be small cheating
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by erico2k2(m): 10:45am On May 28, 2016
plaetton:

Make your point, and stop the silly ad hominem attack.
Well it was children's day yesterday so I thought a child got hold of an Internet enabled phones
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by erico2k2(m): 10:50am On May 28, 2016
masseratti:
the economy didn't go bad under a year,the naira fell from 200 naira to 260 under one month under Gej,corruption under Shagari also brought the naira to its knee, that was the period most companies in Nigeria failed, oil price went down then,everything was imported into the country, what gave ibb administration more money to spend was the gulf war,which led to the increase in production, and price of oil,if we don't do things right,now,we are doomed,apart of buhari ways the alternative is what Ibb did,which led us to where we are now,question is should we repeat Ibb's method.
To be honest we should stop using cost of crude as excuse. Today oil sells for above $50.it's getting better.
Besides the fall of crude meant most countries had cheap petrol but nahh not Nigeria
And without subsidy I'm trying to see where anyone is going to import frm at less than N200
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by masseratti: 12:24pm On May 28, 2016
erico2k2:

To be honest we should stop using cost of crude as excuse. Today oil sells for above $50.it's getting better.
Besides the fall of crude meant most countries had cheap petrol but nahh not Nigeria
And without subsidy I'm trying to see where anyone is going to import frm at less than N200
its getting better because we are not producing at our normal level,not only that Canada is not producing at its peak cos of fire,Libya is not selling at all,in the next couple of months all this countries will start production with Iran going back to its peak,oil price will fall back to $30/barrel,with new hydrogen fuel cell and improved batteries by Tesla and co,fossil fuel is destined to crash.
Nigerians talk about the golden years of the 50s to 70s,question is what was the population then?what percentage of Nigerians use imported items compared to today,PMB might not be an intellect but there are some basic things I think he is doing right for now.
P.s.am not saying he is what we desire but he is way better than what we have before.
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by ziga: 12:34pm On May 28, 2016
The truth is that the aviation industry in Nigeria has been sh|t for many years.

The big question is why have they just decided to leave? Didn't they see all the issues that have been present all along? Or they looked the other way as long as they got paid for it which might justify why flight prices to Nigeria are always comparatively expensive.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? / Accident Leaves Fuel Tanker Suspended On Flyover During Anambra Election. Photos / A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.