Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,157 members, 7,780,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:53 AM

Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education (14393 Views)

Lecturer Caught In A Hotel With His Student In Cross River State (photos/video) / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / Lecturer Impregnates Nursing Student At Ogun State College Of Health Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by WAECFlyer3: 7:01pm On May 27, 2016
[img]http://2.bp..com/-IoeClg_5LO8/V0hyNc-716I/AAAAAAAJTxU/K4tmUFeyhlIe809Gqp_xasnDaKcgDediwCLcB/s1600/1.png[/img]

A student has been hospitalized following a fire outbreak at the Cross River State College of Education, COE Akamkpa female hostel today, May 27.
According to CrossRiverWatch, the fire started at about 11am in the change-over switch at the hostel entrance and caused extensive damage to the building and property of the residents with no immediate help or means of putting off the inferno.
"The fire extinguishers at the hostel were empty at the time of the fire incident. It was after this event that the College Management bought new ones just today" CRW reports.
The Deputy Provost, Dean of Students Affairs, Hostel Supervisors and some lecturers rushed to the scene of the incident after the fire outbreak. Fortunately, most of the students had gone for lectures or there would have been serious fatalities.
One of the female students who was sleeping in the hostel while the fire was raging fainted as a result of smoke and was rushed her to the hospital.
The Hostel Porter while speaking to CrossRiverWatch said,
"The incidents is as a result of electricity upsurge. Yesterday the engineer tried to pump the uncharged water tap, but could not pump water, so he left without informing the management that there is electricity fault, so the next morning when the generator was powered, it resulted to this incident that has now inconvenienced all the dwellers in the female hostel B’"
More photos...

[img]http://2.bp..com/-Y8JZbA8mNxU/V0hyr-MoJNI/AAAAAAAJTxk/ooq60US03MkoVydQNUXGOC1zEUdUPvNowCLcB/s1600/3.png[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-N-DmP9ypbA8/V0hyr0dNOuI/AAAAAAAJTxg/uNs1VuycticPK8EyXNHBX5yacEPgBYhuACLcB/s1600/4.png[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-6fJK72o8s7U/V0hysU65WQI/AAAAAAAJTxs/q3CqDStJtGM_Qw4XScm3LE6biAyH5SQHACLcB/s1600/6.png[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-0MfEJZhZgkA/V0hyspfoaRI/AAAAAAAJTxw/Q3MAuUWhI38Oq2Hf2ebPo5S1NrKef4zEQCLcB/s1600/7.png[/img]

Source: http://www.timenaija.com/photos-one-critically-injured-as-fire-en.xhtml
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by WAECFlyer3: 7:01pm On May 27, 2016
SEE MORE PHOTOS OF THE BURNING HOSTEL HERE + DETAILS-----> http://www.timenaija.com/photos-one-critically-injured-as-fire-en.xhtml
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by BayLord01(m): 7:11pm On May 27, 2016
All is well, quick recovery to d injured

1 Like

Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by boman2014: 7:21pm On May 27, 2016
goodness me
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by WAECFlyer3: 7:33pm On May 27, 2016

1 Like

Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by GloriaNinja(f): 7:52pm On May 27, 2016
Nawao. seems Nigerian students are facing calamities these days.
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by akog(m): 7:53pm On May 27, 2016
Na wa o
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by jordinsparkles(f): 7:53pm On May 27, 2016
Ah!!!!! Aeyaaa
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by fastest007: 7:54pm On May 27, 2016
Congrats on bringing the fire extinguishers on time. Africans.

1 Like

Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by pennytration(m): 7:54pm On May 27, 2016
-----Girl: Honey do u have plans of marrying me at all??

-----Guy: No. I have plans of making u my biitch forever.

Dont laugh alone. share if u laughed, hit like if u didn't laugh.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by xxiv(m): 7:54pm On May 27, 2016
eyaaa. some might have had their credentials in that building...

Nigerians, we need to learn to take precautionary measures. the unfortunate incident could have been averted if those fire extinguishers were refilled/eplaced when due.

thank god no one lost their live sha

hopefully then get a relief package
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by wandeykul(f): 7:55pm On May 27, 2016
It is well o
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by stepo707: 7:56pm On May 27, 2016
Buhari self

1 Like

Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by Lilprincey(m): 7:56pm On May 27, 2016
I wish the girl a quick recovery..

Welcome jose to old trafford. Wenger has already lost 6 pts next season
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by Shollay20(m): 7:56pm On May 27, 2016
This is unbliveable!

Jokeafrica..com
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by miqos02(m): 7:57pm On May 27, 2016
ok
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by justicejay(m): 7:57pm On May 27, 2016
This makes me remember my days in college, always toying with electricity, in mid night fire may spark and wire will start burning over the roof that time documents are always beside you.

Naija dey pass through shege, and afterall no work.
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by Edybleketara: 8:01pm On May 27, 2016
Hmm.. Too bad. By d way, who still attend college of education in dis era??

1 Like

Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by raziboi(m): 8:03pm On May 27, 2016
xo bad buh it can happen to anyone!!!!!
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by Omonigeriarere: 8:34pm On May 27, 2016
stepo707:
Buhari self

Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by obinoral1179(m): 8:39pm On May 27, 2016
How time flies. This is the same school i did my primary assignment while serving. Quick recovery to the victim.
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 27, 2016
Sango is angry again.. chai..

btw, y'all shud download my new song titled kuti @ https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/95310
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 27, 2016
Edybleketara:

So College of edu. no b skool?
School na school guy..na education dem all dey give.

Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by eBillionaire: 8:41pm On May 27, 2016
This is the reason I want to remove all these protectors from the windows, if there is fire, then no escape route.
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 27, 2016
stepo707:
Buhari self

ALSO BLAME BUHARI FOR YOUR LOW-SEXUAL PERFORMANCE.

1 Like

Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by Edybleketara: 8:44pm On May 27, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:

So College of edu. nO B skool?
y not attend poly instead
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by banme1(m): 12:16am On May 28, 2016
Edybleketara:
are u for real?
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by Nobody: 12:22am On May 28, 2016
I pity Nigerian students...
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by Omotall(m): 1:32am On May 28, 2016
noted cool
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by DMilanista: 3:18am On May 28, 2016
obinoral1179:
How time flies. This is the same school i did my primary assignment while serving. Quick recovery to the victim.
my ppa too. I remember those days in Awi
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by October1960: 5:43am On May 28, 2016
Backward country. See ugly buildings.

People need to burn all the past politicians and government officials that robbed this country in this school fire.
Re: Fires Burns Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education by jbkomo(m): 7:22am On May 28, 2016
Too bad. That was my primary assignment sch during my nysc

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 EKSU Lecturers Die Of Hunger In 2 Months Over Unpaid Salaries / OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation / Which Of These Company Slogans Motivate You Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.