Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church (36438 Views)

Emir Of Bauchi Rejects Pastor Adeboye's Courtesy Visit To His Palace(pics) / Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) / How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church by otiigba1(m): 7:50am On May 28, 2016
miky:
Dysfunction chaos and Nigerians, even the so called religious ones. Abeg pray for your house, nobody has time for all these.

The police should arrest them all for #noise pollution in a civilized country!!!
Absolutely! I am pretty sure its also says in the so called bible that God is every were sees everything, hears every thing, including in our houses, so what's the point of attending church? After all church is just a building, just like shopping mall, nite club, Restuarant ETC.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church by Dollyak(f): 7:52am On May 28, 2016
EreluY:
Not that I believe in any of those trash in the Bible. However, during the Great Commision when Jesus sent out his disciples he said "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." That includes places like Maiduguri and Afghanistan. More importantly, the Bible says "If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet." This Pastor should shake the dust of London off his feet and take the good news to the Afghans,the Somalis, Ethiopians, etc.
Your point?
Re: Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church by otiigba1(m): 7:59am On May 28, 2016
1freshdude:
In countries where you must move your arse and work hard to make money, people reason rationally and don't take rubbish. Pastor my foot! If you do anyhow here, you go see anyhow....he thinks his dealing with hungry miracle seeking Nigerians?
grin grin grin trust nigerian londoners they do not take no sh!t, see as every body dey blow grammar. This is even how they speak to white people Regardless of who the individual is. Even some times their managers were they work. Because some of them do actually work in at prestigious places and holds high positions of offices
If only the hungry miracle seeking ones can take notes.
Re: Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church by otiigba1(m): 8:04am On May 28, 2016
Dollyak:
Your point?
i think his point is, if i am right, the so called pastor should just butt out!, leave, quit as he is needed no more. His wellcomed has expired
Perharps try other avenues *jokes* grin like bus driving
Re: Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church by Nobody: 11:12am On May 28, 2016
Ezedon:
That is how I will threaten the President one day

I have threatened the president before, so you too can do same - but in my dream
Re: Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church by datigbogirl: 2:35pm On May 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
Thank you Satan.

Weyrey...
Re: Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church by EreluY(f): 4:25pm On May 28, 2016
AreaFada2:

Count Ethiopia out. It is the oldest Christian country (with biblical evidence) still existing in the world. Armenia claims first but no written evidence until centuries later). So Ethiopia is first,

At the time of Prophet Mohammed, The Christian King of Ethiopia saved many Mohamed's followers because they (Mohammed's followers) professed that Jesus was a prophet & Mary was a blessed woman. Official State religion of Ethiopia since 330 AD. The Eunuch baptised by Philip took christianity back home to Ethiopia

Afghanistan will be very appropriate for them to go. grin cheesy

Thanks for telling me what I already know. The point I am making here is that the so called pastors of this generation prefer to be based in socio-economically buoyant and ethno-politically cosy environments (e.g. London, Birmingham, etc, where as a matter of fact, Christianity amongst the White-British is in monumental decline), rather than evangelising and ministering in harsh environments such as I mentioned earlier.
Re: Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church by EreluY(f): 4:29pm On May 28, 2016
Dollyak:
Your point?

Pretty much self-explanatory, my dear. "Abi you be 'Ba turenchi'?"
Re: Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church by AreaFada2: 7:10pm On May 28, 2016
EreluY:

Thanks for telling me what I already know. The point I am making here is that the so called pastors of this generation prefer to be based in socio-economically buoyant and ethno-politically cosy environments (e.g. London, Birmingham, etc, where as a matter of fact, Christianity amongst the White-British is in monumental decline), rather than evangelising and ministering in harsh environments such as I mentioned earlier.
I completely get your point. I generally write for the benefit of all, we have many jambites here, you know.

What wonders me about our pastors in cosy environments is that they hardly succeed in converting whites. They need Jesus far more now.
But they have a good living standard, so Jesus is not their hope.

In my protestant church, only about 10% of the congregation are white. The church would have closed down if not for Afro-Caribbean shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Reveals 3 Secrets To Living Longer / A Governor May Die Next – Suleiman Who Prophesied Death For Buhari’s Ministers / Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.