Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,227 members, 7,780,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:10 PM

I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up (33518 Views)

Photos Of A Man And His Adorable Triplet Daughters Who All Look Like Him / Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos) / It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by YTderin(f): 10:42pm On May 27, 2016
When u hate so much, and then you get so passionate about it. That's exactly how it feels.
Somethings are just better imagined. lipsrsealed
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by salabscholar01(m): 10:47pm On May 27, 2016
parents' love counts no wrong
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by PAnaceA7(m): 10:48pm On May 27, 2016
If I can forgive my Step mum after everything why can't u forgive ur dad(ur blood)

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by banmee(m): 10:53pm On May 27, 2016
Sunnycliff:
And you will one day be a dad and your son will hate you!

Karma treats all misgivings squarely

You just post things without thinking. How is it a misgiving? Were you the recipient of whatever treatment he received? The best you should have said was not to put his personal business out there for everyone. Your thought process is amazing. Basically what you are saying is for every child to take whatever emotional turmoil a parent gives out and feel nothing. Did you even read his post? His father was cheating on his mother and abusive towards him. Because your dad did that to you and you are used to it does not mean everyone else is used to that kind of life. The days of parents doing whatever the phuck they want with their children in Africa is at an end. The mind of a black man. Smh.

P.s when you reply please try and be logical, thought provoking and coherent. Don't retort with your usual abusive comments which are mostly devoid of any thought.

10 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by pamcode(m): 10:55pm On May 27, 2016
I feel my guy Airforce1 pain. But deep down i dey feel say na act. But if it true you got to forgive and always try to picture the good things he has done for you.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by brajy(m): 10:58pm On May 27, 2016
free2ryhme:

congrats for coming online to rubbish your dad

seun go give you medal

he that is without sin cast the first stone

guy you should learn that somethings are better left unsaid

mstchew!!!!
abeg,what do u even know. u just spew trash up there. guy u are senseless walahi. Im feeling like punching u right now.
Airfoce bigger u I pray, u. aren't born to this world to take or treated ur pop like u care less. the fact dat he abused u nd u felt rejected by your own father doesn't worth of not be able to forgive him. show him love, let him bless ypu make ur mama happy. I'm very sure your mama ain't happy with d whole situation. she just want u to be happy! forgive and forget bro.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Christafarian(m): 11:01pm On May 27, 2016
Ehen. No wonder. Now i know why his music ambition hit the rocks.
Dude, you better start loving your dad, and then ask for his blessings so that you may prosper.

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by 2ts: 11:01pm On May 27, 2016
If u 8 him dis much and he is still alive, u must be stupid.u shld have killed him.lol

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by jbrodaly(m): 11:03pm On May 27, 2016
Airforce1:

I hate him with passion.

Airforce!

Man you are hating yourself! Hate has no direction,from hating one person you begin to to hate others.But in this case you are hating the blood that flows inside you. It is being used as a weapon against your life. I have not heard of any man who hates/hated his dad or mum that ever made it in life. I am very sure you are the first son. Things happen in life. There are things I need not write here. I pray you overcome this "burden".

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Christafarian(m): 11:03pm On May 27, 2016
brajy:

abeg,what do u even know. u just spew trash up there. guy u are senseless walahi. Im feeling like punching u right now.
Airfoce bigger u I pray, u. aren't born to this world to take or treated ur pop like u care less. the fact dat he abused u nd u felt rejected by your own father doesn't worth of not be able to forgive him. show him love, let him bless ypu make ur mama happy. I'm very sure your mama ain't happy with d whole situation. she just want u to be happy! forgive and forget bro.
Am i the only one who thinks this is the most obfuscating comment so far?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by qoura123(m): 11:05pm On May 27, 2016
sugarbeesmith:
you don't know the value of what you have until you loose it......you should show much love to your dad especially now that he's still alive no matter what happened in the past cus if he dies I bet you will regret not loving him while he was still with you....I was in the same shoe until I lost my dad .now I keep regretting not showing him love ....
if mine die I will just bury him and move on if not for my mum he will never see or hear my voice
some men are never fit to bring up children to this world my dad was one.
all men should treat their wife and children with love and respect.

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by assana: 11:12pm On May 27, 2016
ebamma:
Make i talk true.

I suppose hate my Old man pass you sef,

but i don't.
Me were him don beat with bicycle chain,

Punch me like Mike Tyson,

Flog me with the biggest cane.

But that didn't make me hate him,

It only made me want to be a better man than him.

That's why i hate seeing kids being beaten,

many a times, i always intervene and stop their Parents from beating 'em.
my dear u make sense real good I support ur advice, I tel u op your dad was only making you a better person, I believe he doesn't hate u either please try and ask for his forgiveness so God can prosper u.i wish u well.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by CocoaOla: 11:16pm On May 27, 2016
qoura123:

if mine die I will just bury him and move on if not for my mum he will never see or hear my voice
it's just frustrations sometimes I don't like my too. upcoming parent please learn to love your kids

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by pacretus(m): 11:20pm On May 27, 2016
need not like him,he's already ur pupc
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by idupaul: 11:22pm On May 27, 2016
Airforce1:
So today I took my niece to go play with her mates at Sweet sensation children funfair in my crib..
She was so happy playing with her mates and I on the other side keeping an eye on her got carried away by the thought of not having enough love by that man that called himself my father back in the days as a kid.

I remember my dad beating me up at every slightest provocation even on children's day.

He is a bad man
I remember catching him with a strange woman while momma was away
But he fucking deceived me she was his course mate back in university.

What made me hate him more was the day he flogged me in the presence of my child hood girl friend .
I can't forget that day.
He messed me up so badly that I had to run to momma to ask if that man was actually my father.

I hate him with passion.

Till these present day that I'm grown up , I don't even call him , I don't care about him... I only care about mom because she gave me confidence , showed me love and treat me right .

So to the parents reading my story, you've got to be not just mom and dad to your children , you've got to be friends with them too so they don't go online and write my kind of story about you when they became adults.

Thanks for reading.
Airforce!

Who cares ..who you and Ur papa don't even epp

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by centboy123456(m): 11:24pm On May 27, 2016
Airforce1:
So today I took my niece to go play with her mates at Sweet sensation children funfair in my crib..
She was so happy playing with her mates and I on the other side keeping an eye on her got carried away by the thought of not having enough love by that man that called himself my father back in the days as a kid.

I remember my dad beating me up at every slightest provocation even on children's day.

He is a bad man
I remember catching him with a strange woman while momma was away
But he fucking deceived me she was his course mate back in university.

What made me hate him more was the day he flogged me in the presence of my child hood girl friend .
I can't forget that day.
He messed me up so badly that I had to run to momma to ask if that man was actually my father.

I hate him with passion.

Till these present day that I'm grown up , I don't even call him , I don't care about him... I only care about mom because she gave me confidence , showed me love and treat me right .

So to the parents reading my story, you've got to be not just mom and dad to your children , you've got to be friends with them too so they don't go online and write my kind of story about you when they became adults.

Thanks for reading.
Airforce!

Nor be only u I don't know my father that much I don't care about my mom or my brother coz nobody care about me

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by nonix22(m): 11:26pm On May 27, 2016
Passy089:
I'm not going to say I hate him but I don't love him either, we dont have a relationship, hardly talk together, I'm most times jealous of my friend when I see how him and his father relates, even calls his father old man and playing PES 2 with him.... my dad will never smile, only derives pleasure in beating and abusing me and my siblings.... I've only made up my mind I'll never be anything like him when I have my own kids.
that really boast the morale and confidence of a child. I mean as per ur mate's relationship with his Dad.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by qoura123(m): 11:26pm On May 27, 2016
CocoaOla:
it's just frustrations sometimes I don't like my too. upcoming parent please learn to love your kids
ours was never frustration out of 7boys only two are with him because they are too young to decide what they want.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by YTderin(f): 11:27pm On May 27, 2016
qoura123:

Spot on! If he dies, his time don reach be that.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by ogochukwu247(f): 11:34pm On May 27, 2016
Omotayor123:

What an irony of life - There is Another thread on FP where a guy is desperately looking for his Dad embarassed

Big Irony ooo
Wish dad is still alive now self
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by qoura123(m): 11:34pm On May 27, 2016
[quote author=YTderin post=46035764] Spot on! If he dies, his time don reach be that. [/quote you look great!!!!
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Molz(m): 11:36pm On May 27, 2016
End time post..so this made it to FP?? who your story help... Ehn

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by free2ryhme: 11:40pm On May 27, 2016
brajy:

another waste undecided
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by 2wizkids(m): 11:42pm On May 27, 2016
all of una when want kill una papa and stuff, una dooo, my dad is a great father and i wish him perfect health, a very long life and peace all the days of his life....live your life, forgive and forget. cheers

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by ruffcoin99(m): 11:42pm On May 27, 2016
Thats why your music is behind. Music no be your way man.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by KelvinC1(m): 11:45pm On May 27, 2016
calliope:
same here...i hate my dad.
congratulations
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Joygalore(f): 11:49pm On May 27, 2016
I can't relate with this but you just have to forgive him.

Thumbs up to momma and dad for your love and care.
Love ya always kiss
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Twizzy30(m): 11:51pm On May 27, 2016
And I tot I and ma siblings were the only one facing this type of thing. I jux love my mum too much.

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by SailorXY: 11:52pm On May 27, 2016
What is this shhit?
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Twizzy30(m): 11:56pm On May 27, 2016
Passy089:
I'm not going to say I hate him but I don't love him either, we dont have a relationship, hardly talk together, I'm most times jealous of my friend when I see how him and his father relates, even calls his father old man and playing PES 2 with him.... my dad will never smile, only derives pleasure in beating and abusing me and my siblings.... I've only made up my mind I'll never be anything like him when I have my own kids.
My story x jux like urz. My dad will even compare us with our pastor kids saying they re in d U.S, they do this, they do that. At age 20 I can't bring my frnds home nt to talk of my females frnds. I pray he change

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 27, 2016
calliope:
same here...i hate my dad.
i feel your pain, i hate mine too, people who are nt in out shoes will never understand.

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Joygalore(f): 11:56pm On May 27, 2016
Grow up,bub undecided

idupaul:

Who cares ..who you and Ur papa don't even epp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage / John Femi Isaac: Missing 21-Year-Old Ogun State University Student (Photo) / Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.