Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? (30440 Views)

Human Arm And Leg Found In A Crocodile's Belly In Indonesia (Photos) / O.M.G! See What Was Found In The Belly Of A Big Snake Killed In Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by eseosa77(m): 8:39pm On May 27, 2016
I ve always wonder each time I spray my house with insecticide,on most occasions I normally discovered that the cockroach would die with their stomach facing up.Have any one notices this or is there any scientific explanation to this.

Below is the pics.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by jamex93(m): 8:49pm On May 27, 2016
Mystery

Only God knows

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by DickDastardly(m): 8:50pm On May 27, 2016
Cause they 've kicked the bucket undecided

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 27, 2016
I beieve most of these insecticides are organophosphate nerve poisons. The nerve poison often inhibits
cholinesterase, an enzyme that breaks down acetyl choline (ACh), a neurotransmitter. With extra ACh in the
nervous system, the cockroach has muscular spasms which often result in the cockroach flipping on its back.
Without muscular coordination the cockroach cannot right itself and eventually dies in its upside down-
position... wink

Why humans no dey stand when dem die?

287 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by xavier0327(f): 9:00pm On May 27, 2016
grayht:
I beieve most of these insecticides are organophosphate nerve poisons. The nerve poison often inhibits
cholinesterase, an enzyme that breaks down acetyl choline (ACh), a neurotransmitter. With extra ACh in the
nervous system, the cockroach has muscular spasms which often result in the cockroach flipping on its back.
Without muscular coordination the cockroach cannot right itself and eventually dies in its upside down-
position... wink

In ENGLISH please!

361 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Ladycloud(f): 9:03pm On May 27, 2016
DickDastardly:
lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:05pm On May 27, 2016
xavier0327:

In ENGLISH please!
hahaha...I became even more confused after reading what he wrote.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by eseosa77(m): 9:05pm On May 27, 2016
grayht:
position... wink

Translation please.........!

50 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 27, 2016
xavier0327:

In ENGLISH please!
In summary, insecticides are poisons and it target a cockroaches nervous system. When you spray an insecticide, those neurotoxins cause tremors and muscle spasms, which flip it onto its back, and without muscle coordination, that’s the position it dies . Hope it helps

142 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 27, 2016
eseosa77:

Translation please.........!
lol.. Read my other post
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 27, 2016
grin
DickDastardly:

Nice one

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 27, 2016
They are not dead! They are just wetin for the effects to wear off! If you wait long enough, for let's say 3 centuries you will be amazed at how dey will move again! They are just chilling on their backs cos it's much comfy that way.
eseosa77:
I ve always wonder each time I spray my house with insecticide,on most occasions I normally discovered that the cockroach would die with their stomach facing up.Have any one notices this or is there any scientific explanation to this.

Below is the pics.

Guy you've got it all wrong! These invertebrates don't have the complex central nervous system as higher animals! Their is no neurotransmitter or nervous system potentiating the propagation of action potentials in this organism.
Furthermore! AntiAcetylcholinesterases don't selectively pick out certain neural synapses to block! It's always all or nothing. A block will result in any of the following: fasciculations, floppyiness and paralysis not spasms or tremors.
grayht:
position... wink

21 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Burger01(m): 9:27pm On May 27, 2016
grayht:
position... wink
Ogbeni, are you a lecturer Come down to my level abeg angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 27, 2016
This one nah gbege university hin dey lecture! grin
Burger01:
Ogbeni, are you a lecturer Cone down to my level abeg angry

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 27, 2016
Silkmoth33:
They are not dead! They are just wetin for the effects to wear off! If you wait long enough, for let's say 3 centuries you will be amazed at how dey will move again! They are just chilling on their backs cos it's much comfy that way.

Guy you've got it all wrong! These invertebrates don't have the complex central nervous system as higher animals! Their is no neurotransmitter or nervous system potentiating the propagation of action potentials in this organism.
Furthermore! Acetylcholinesterases don't selectively pick out certain neural synapses to block! It's always all or nothing. A block will result in any of the following: fasciculations, floppyiness and paralysis not spasms or tremors.
Oh Really, so why do roaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up if Acetylcholinesterases don't selectively pick out certain neural synapses to block?

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 27, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Furthermore! AntiAcetylcholinesterases don't selectively pick out certain neural synapses to block! It's always all or nothing. A block will result in any of the following: fasciculations, floppyiness and paralysis not spasms or tremors.
Pls lemme call a friend..!

Cc: lalasticlcla
Cc: Seun
Cc: Mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Young03(m): 9:41pm On May 27, 2016
Hmm goggle has just taking this question within five minutes it was asked here

was disappointed as goggle too don't have answer to ur question

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Burger01(m): 9:46pm On May 27, 2016
Silkmoth33:
This one nah gbege university hin dey lecture! grin
Na wa o. All that grammar because of cockroach.. O ga o sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 27, 2016
Well then! grin That is d question the horse asked the stream. You are now on the same level as the op! Should I go ahead to humbly force you to eat your junk or should I wait till ur friends get here.
grayht:
Oh Really, so why do roaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up if Acetylcholinesterases don't selectively pick out certain neural synapses to block?

grin I would preferably wait
grayht:
Pls lemme call a friend..!
Cc: lalasticlcla
Cc: Seun
Cc: Mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 27, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Well then! grin That is d question the horse asked the stream. You are now on the same level as the op! Should I go ahead to humbly force you to eat your junk or should I wait till ur friends get here.

grin I would preferably wait
lol... Make i spread mat here!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 27, 2016
Go bring taburmah come! You don't deserve to sleep on a mat! Nah belle kiss ground you suppose dey do!
grayht:
lol... Make i spread mat here!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 27, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Go bring taburmah come! You don't deserve to sleep on a mat! Nah belle kiss ground you suppose dey do!
jisos.. Why na!
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by seunlayi(m): 9:04am On May 28, 2016
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Etizz: 9:04am On May 28, 2016
Is there a specific study for cockroach alone?
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:04am On May 28, 2016
Below nairalanders is a clear example of what religion does to the brain and what science does and why Africa would continue to struggle. The first person I quoted is obviously mentally lazy, he does not know neither does he care to know. As far as he is concerned, only God knows - that is how most Africans think.
The second person I quoted is the opposite of the first person I quoted - that is how we Africans need to start thinking. cheesy

jamex93:
Mystery
Only God knows

grayht:
position... wink

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by kullozone(m): 9:05am On May 28, 2016
Hmm
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by banme1(m): 9:06am On May 28, 2016
Only female cockroach face up when dead. Male face down.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:06am On May 28, 2016
It's not easy to die...
Due to their body Anatomy..... For balance
They do so to gasp for air

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Larryfest(m): 9:06am On May 28, 2016
A
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by nbright: 9:06am On May 28, 2016
Ever heard of the saying belle up?
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by TrollTrap: 9:07am On May 28, 2016
grayht:
position... wink
Cockroach sciences cool baba

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by viscocom(m): 9:07am On May 28, 2016
EverestdeBliu:
hahaha...I became even more confused after read what he wrote.
PATRICK BRODA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 / Human-like Behaviors In Animals / 9-Year-Old Emmanuelle Oziofu Develops A Food Website (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.