Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? (1371 Views)

Did You Have This Kind Of Parent As A Kid? How Did You Survive? / Man Dumps His 4 Kids At Agege LGA With Note 'I Can't Feed Them Cos Of Hardship' / How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by gbaskiboy: 6:51am On May 28, 2016
Each month I do budget of 8,000naira to get food items for me and my younger sister here in lagos. I took thesame amount to market to get food items but Behold everything has changed. The Mantra 'CHANGE' is having Negative effect on our Economy and worst of it is Salary/wage remains the same. Compare what I can buy then and what I bought yesterday and tell me how I can survive this economy hardship

(1) 16 derricas of Rice cost 2,300 naira now is 4,000
(2) Golden penny Semovita 5kg cost 1,150 naira is now 1,600
(3) 8 derricas of Beans cost 1,100naira now is 1,600naira
(4) White Garri paint cost 300naira now is 700
(5) Yellow garri paint cost 400 now is 900naira... And so many other items that has increased in price. Tell me how do we survive this??
Re: How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by Pidggin(f): 7:00am On May 28, 2016
gbaskiboy:
Each month I do budget of 8,000naira to get food items for me and my younger sister here in lagos. I took thesame amount to market to get food items but Behold everything has changed. The Mantra 'CHANGE' is having Negative effective on our Economy and worst of it is Salary/wage remains the same. Compare what I can buy then and what I bought yesterday and tell me how I can survive this economy hardship

(1) 16 derricas of Rice cost 2,300 naira now is 4,00
(3) 8 derricas of Beans cost 1,600naira now is 1,600naira
(5) Yellow garri paint cost 400 now is 900naira... And so many other items that has increased in price. Tell me how do we survive this??

Things are going to be more expensive than this in a few months time. Your food budget has to increase for you to maintain your previous standard, may God help us
Re: How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by Cutehector(m): 7:03am On May 28, 2016
Agriculture is the answer... cool
Re: How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by sseunth(m): 7:10am On May 28, 2016
go dey farm oo
Re: How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by pinkyliceous(f): 7:12am On May 28, 2016
OP did you vote for Changii?

1 Like

Re: How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by marbee(f): 12:53pm On May 28, 2016
pinkyliceous:
OP did you vote for Changii?

Most people will deny voting for change with the present economy grin

2 Likes

Re: How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by Acidosis(m): 1:18pm On May 28, 2016
Consider ways to increase your earnings. If you render service to people, find a way to set new prices with your customers/clients.

It is not going to get better in the coming weeks/months so find a way to get essential commodities now that you can.
Re: How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by pinkyliceous(f): 1:20pm On May 28, 2016
True ooo.

Shame don catch them.

marbee:

Most people will deny voting for change with the present economy grin

1 Like

Re: How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by greatgod2012(f): 1:32pm On May 28, 2016
Acidosis:
Consider ways to increase your earnings. If you render service to people, find a way to set new prices with your customers/clients.

It is not going to get better in the coming weeks/months so find a way to get essential commodities now that you can.

What if you are a salary earner, and the nature of your work do not give room for you to have additional income.
Re: How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by Acidosis(m): 1:51pm On May 28, 2016
greatgod2012:

What if you are a salary earner, and the nature of your work do not give room for you to have additional income.

Some ventures require very minimal attention of an investor, so salaried workers can leverage on such grounds.

In fact, it pays when one earn a fixed wage somewhere, and controls other ventures elsewhere.
Re: How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by greatgod2012(f): 1:51pm On May 28, 2016
@op, the economy is harsh, things are highly expensive and there is no money in circulation, we all know.
What I can advise you is to reduce your consumption, thank God you haven't got kids who will be asking you ridiculous question. Reduce your consumption, for example, if you're the type that finishes #200 bread with fried eggs before,reduce it to a smaller size. If you like eating 4 big pieces of meat/fish, reduce it to two or even one, and so on. If you don't do that, hardly will you be able to save anything.

As for your sister living with you, explain to her the need to start reducing your consumption, IG she's the understanding type, she will be cooperative.

However, if you're already married with kids, disregard my advice, especially the one that concern the kids, or else be ready to answer questions.
Re: How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by greatgod2012(f): 1:54pm On May 28, 2016
Acidosis:

Some ventures require very minimal attention of an investor, so salaried workers can leverage on such grounds.

In fact, it pays when one earn a fixed wage somewhere, and controls other ventures elsewhere.

Example of such ventures, please.
You can be helping a lot of people here, including me and the op without knowing.
Re: How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by Acidosis(m): 1:59pm On May 28, 2016
greatgod2012:

Example of such ventures, please.
You can be helping a lot of people here, including me and the op without knowing.

I think a lot is going on in the business section. Nevertheless, I would think about some feasible ventures.
Re: How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by Acidosis(m): 2:06pm On May 28, 2016
greatgod2012:
@op, the economy is harsh, things are highly expensive and there is no money in circulation, we all know.
What I can advise you is to reduce your consumption, thank God you haven't got kids who will be asking you ridiculous question. Reduce your consumption, for example, if you're the type that finishes #200 bread with fried eggs before,reduce it to a smaller size. If you like eating 4 big pieces of meat/fish, reduce it to two or even one, and so on. If you don't do that, hardly will you be able to save anything.

As for your sister living with you, explain to her the need to start reducing your consumption, IG she's the understanding type, she will be cooperative.

However, if you're already married with kids, disregard my advice, especially the one that concern the kids, or else be ready to answer questions.

Well put. This is the best short-term strategy.

Reduce your expenses @OP.
Re: How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by gbaskiboy: 7:46pm On May 28, 2016
greatgod2012:

funny but true, thanks for the piece of advice from you
Re: How DO I Survive Current Economy Hardship? by DEGREE2466(m): 9:36pm On May 28, 2016
gbaskiboy:
Each month I do budget of 8,000naira to get food items for me and my younger sister here in lagos. I took thesame amount to market to get food items but Behold everything has changed. The Mantra 'CHANGE' is having Negative effect on our Economy and worst of it is Salary/wage remains the same. Compare what I can buy then and what I bought yesterday and tell me how I can survive this economy hardship

(1) 16 derricas of Rice cost 2,300 naira now is 4,000
(3) 8 derricas of Beans cost 1,100naira now is 1,600naira

read this article and many other ones in that blog

Sex without condom and you still not ready for a baby yet? Read this! http://sagaciousguru..com/2016/05/sex-without-condom-and-you-still-not.html

you will be glad you did

(1) (Reply)

Why Divorce Rate Is Soaring Higher By Day / Why Do I Have A Strong Feeling My Father Came Back? / House Clearance Sales! Sales ! Sales!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.