Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,974 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

How Can I Have An Online Shop In Nigeria Where I Control Everything? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Have An Online Shop In Nigeria Where I Control Everything? (561 Views)

Scanfrost Opens First Modern Brand Shop In Lagos / Dangote Opens One-stop Shop In Onitsha / Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Have An Online Shop In Nigeria Where I Control Everything? by IkeOwoh: 6:59am On May 28, 2016
Currently, there are 90 million+ Nigerians on the internet and they spend the majority of their time on social media, popular blogs, and eCommerce websites. With all that traffic, you would think it’s easy for sellers to launch successful shops that are focused on Nigerian audience online, but this is not the case.

Big online marketplaces like Jumia and Konga get most of the internet traffic, and thus compete with smaller shops and entrepreneurs. Yes, they often distribute products from some of these small shops but they do not go as far as promoting them, advertising them or giving them a solid online identity so that customers who have bought from them before can find them when next they want to buy. This makes it difficult for the sellers who sell on such platforms to have repeat customers.

For a seller, new customers + returning customers = Growth

In the US they have platforms like Shopify and Etsy who boast of housing individual shops that average more than a million dollars in revenue sales selling from the platform alone! In Nigeria we have the numbers on the internet ( 90 million plus ) so why aren’t we breeding shops of similar calibre? Why is it still difficult for an individual seller to set up online and start serving millions of Nigerians? Or to have a sizeable and growing customer base online?

Well, it for this very reason we have created Zoafia. Zoafia allows sellers to not only sell, but build and promote their shop brand online, reach more customers and retain their repeat customers. Zoafia achieves this by providing a free storefront (mini-website) for all registered sellers and a general marketplace as well. For us we believe Zoafia is the future.

So… With excitement and great anticipation, we look forward to launching Zoafia to the public in June. But before we do that, we would like to open up the platform to sellers first.
To sign up as a seller visit our pre-launch page http://zoafia.launchrock.com/ and drop your email with us so we can reach you ( needless to say we'll take this down soon as we only want a few sellers, so hurry)

To know more about Zoafia and follow the launch readiness, visit our blog on medium www.medium.com/zoafia
Like the zoafia page on facebook: [url]facebook.com/zoafia[/url]
Follow on twitter: @zoafiaNG

Ps: Share this with your friends who have young or old businesses so they can benefit.
#BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira #SupportNigerianBusinesses #StayHustling

This is a sample shop on Zoafia

(1) (Reply)

Baba Buhari!! Cooperative Economics Model The Answer To Our Present Unemployment / The Business You Need To Look Into If You Want Extra Income / How To Become Successful in Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.