Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:49 AM

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (616201 Views)

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 13, 2009
1. Clearasil StayClear Daily Pore Cleansing Pads - Cleans pores, prevent dirt build up. Minimizes the size of pores. Exfoliates the skin. Prevents acne.

2. Neutrogena   Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes Refills- soothing, cleans my face without drying up my skin like other products. Leaves skin soft and smells good grin

3. Secret Scent Expression Cherry Mischief - I love thiss product. Doesnt make the armpit irritating/wet like other gel deodrants. Dries and makes on feels like you're wearing nothing. Smells soo good, and very neat. No white residue.

4. Nourishing coconut milk products - works fabulously leaves hair very soft, straightens elasticity of hair. contains whipped eggs and coconut oil, good substances the hair needs

These are my opinions
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Gamine(f): 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2009
Clearasil has done nothing in my life.

@Mad Max

Kiehl, well i didnt know about the price cause my sister got them
and i only just started using it a while ago.

I usually don't put creams on my face but Kiehl is not heavy,
its easily absorbed, and it gives your face this dewy look.

I have combination skin on my face so it really works well for the dry parts.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2009
Gamine:

LOL, yea. Doesnt work for everyone, sadly.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2009
I ordered Urban Decay eyeliner in Oil Slick. Someone wouldn't shut up about it. Hope it's not one of those glittery, rock groupie looks.I also added Cherry Too-Face in Ooh and Aah. I'm going to try the Nourishing Coconut Milk hair product. It sounds great.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Sissy3(f): 11:56pm On Sep 13, 2009
Product:  Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme

Pros: aaahh. . . very soft and moisturizing. contains a jojoba oil. a very very moisturizing good oil. not oily on skin. no break outs. smells really nice. not too thick and heavy.leaves your skin. . . body or face feeling/smelling afresh. I love it. very good priced and mostly available at any drugstores or other stores. i mainly use it sometimes as a night cream or a day cream when i am not going out in the sun. the smell calms me. and a little goes all the way. no need to lather too much.

Cons: No SPF. so if you must use it as your daily facial cream, i do suggest you wear it a sunscreen.

Recommendation:
     Yes i do recommend it. a very good creme. not too heavy on skin or extra thick. and it moisturizes very well

[img]http://amelie.ro/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/nivea1.jpg[/img]
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 1:53am On Sep 14, 2009
I agree with you sissy. Nivea product makes skin soft.
Thanks to TOH, thatz why I always look forward to her posts on this section tongue
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2009
Gamine:

Nothing at all.
Infact there's nothing that has worked for me.

@topic
It's good to spend well on the right products. Recently I was trying to be money conscious, so I bought one $2 or so lotion, two weeks later come and see pimples on my face. My sister has been pursuing me to burst them. grin I had to switch back to Jergens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 2:13am On Sep 17, 2009
^^^
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 9:44am On Sep 17, 2009
I don't use a lot of makeup; just translucent powder, the occasional NARS bronzing powder, eyeliner and lip gloss. Those I get off with any cold cream, so I don't know much about removers. Doesn't Clinique have a clarifying lotion that might work for hyperpigmentation? Products for hyperpigmentation and scars were reviewed in the previous page. I had surgical scars and reviewed what worked for me. It might work for stretch marks too. Or you might try "Professional Strength Formula Stretch Mark Cream for Stretch Marks and Scars " instead of Mederma.Products for hyperpigmentation contains ingredients that stop melanin production; the unsafe one's hydroquinone. What's your skin type and what ingredient might work for your skin?

A great face cream with SPF. I'm sure they're out there, but I can only recommend what I've used. Besides the face cream SPF is always low, 10 0r 15, and doesn't give your face the needed protection from the sun.The Sun accelerates skin aging by almost 90%. I learnt the effects don't show for a number of years. Skin cells have 'light memory'. They store up the sunlight received over years of sun exposure. And then it comes out all at once; you wake up one day and it's like you've aged several years overnight and you wonder what happened! I advise you keep using a face cream AND sunscreen, the higher the SPF the better.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2009
Funny, Clearasil is not perfect but it does ok for me.

Clearasil Stayclear® Skin Perfecting Wash

It has a microbead formula that gently exfoliates and removes dirt and oil from the skin whilst moisturising.
It doesn't foam though so if you're one of those that get satisfaction from seeing your face wash foam up, you're in for a disappointment.

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2009
Clearasil Stayclear® Biactol Daily Gel Wash

Now, this one foams. Does basically the same as the one up but it doesn't exfoliate.
Mine is green though.

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2009
thing is if it doesnt foam
how can u tell it has removed all the makeup
hope u get my drift!

since i dont use toner
i always have 2 make sure my face is squeaky clean before i go to bed
thanxs
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 1:32pm On Sep 17, 2009
Clearasil Stayclear® Biactol Daily Gel Wash

Now, this one foams. Does basically the same as the one up but it doesn't exfoliate.
Mine is green though.

thanks spikedcylinder for the advise
i guess theres no perfect product out there
cetaphil is highly rated in doing its job and affordability so
ill do a little research on this and give a f/back if i get it
thanks again
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2009
[b]don't use a lot of makeup; just translucent powder, the occasional NARS bronzing powder, eyeliner and lip gloss. Those I get off with any cold cream, so I don't know much about removers. Doesn't Clinique have a clarifying lotion that might work for hyperpigmentation? Products for hyperpigmentation and scars were reviewed in the previous page. I had surgical scars and reviewed what worked for me. It might work for stretch marks too. Or you might try "Professional Strength Formula Stretch Mark Cream for Stretch Marks and Scars " instead of Mederma.Products for hyperpigmentation contains ingredients that stop melanin production; the unsafe one's hydroquinone. What's your skin type and what ingredient might work for your skin?

A great face cream with SPF. I'm sure they're out there, but I can only recommend what I've used. Besides the face cream SPF is always low, 10 0r 15, and doesn't give your face the needed protection from the sun.The Sun accelerates skin aging by almost 90%. I learnt the effects don't show for a number of years. Skin cells have 'light memory'. They store up the sunlight received over years of sun exposure. And then it comes out all at once; you wake up one day and it's like you've aged several years overnight and you wonder what happened! I advise you keep using a face cream AND sunscreen, the higher the SPF the bette[/b]

thanks for the reply
its just that hard as it seems i like to keep my regimen simple
since age is no longer on my side and preg wahala i doubt if i can do that anymore
thanks for the suggestions tho
i realy dont bother with other products by clinique coz i dont believe their product esp the ones for hyperpigmentation is designed for black skin u gt my drift so i dont even bother
am not about to throw some major kish down the drain!

my kin type is combination skin and pretty much anything i use on it works and works fast
i have realy easy skin and hair
what moisturizer do you use?
i find the amazing ones leave this whitish appearance on my face
obviously made with "oyinbo" in mind
thanks for your help jere
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 3:15pm On Sep 17, 2009
@browncoco5

Have you tried Clinique’s Clarifying lotion? Never used it, but someone recommended it, that it’s as good as Makari.  

Scar removal has been treated in the previous page. Use do it yourself micro-dermabrasion plus MEDERMA or Professional Strength Stretch Mark Remover.  It gets rid of scars GUARANTEED. Didn’t use a stretch mark remover, but since it’s a scar too the process WILL remove it.

As for hyperpigmentation, I used Meladerm and it worked after four weeks. But there is something else that every woman MUST add to their regime

GLYCOLIC ACID 35% PROFESSIONAL PEEL
LACTIC ACID 70% PROFESSIONAL PEEL

Just apply as directed in the leaflet once a week with a cotton pad to your face and say a permanent goodbye to hyperpigmentation, black spots, skin break outs, skin dullness due to sebum accumulation, and other skin problems. I use the ones by SKIN LABORATORY, and I apply it to the face, bosom and bum. After six applications you will LOVE your skin. Don’t be scared by the ‘acid’ you see. Glycolic acid is gotten from sugarcane. Lactic acid is from sour milk. They’re excellent.

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2009
Hyper wetin?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 4:34pm On Sep 17, 2009
[b][b]
Mad_Max:

@browncoco5

[b]Have you tried Clinique’s Clarifying lotion? [/b]Never used it, but someone recommended it, that it’s as good as Makari. Here’s the thing with your skin and the sun: the sun accelerates skin aging by 90%. Skin cells store up the sunlight they’ve absorbed for several years, and then release it ALL AT ONCE. You find you wake up one day and you look as if you’d aged ten years overnight. Most facial creams have weak SPF. It might be better in the long run to continue to use a face cream AND a good sunscreen.

Scar removal has been treated in the previous page. Use do it yourself micro-dermabrasion plus MEDERMA or Professional Strength Stretch Mark Remover. It gets rid of scars GUARANTEED. Didn’t use a stretch mark remover, but since it’s a scar too the process WILL remove it.

As for hyperpigmentation, I used Meladerm and it worked after four weeks. But there is something else that every woman MUST add to their regime

GLYCOLIC ACID 35% PROFESSIONAL PEEL
LACTIC ACID 70% PROFESSIONAL PEEL
Just apply as directed in the leaflet once a week with a cotton pad to your face and say a permanent goodbye to hyperpigmentation, black spots, skin break outs, skin dullness due to sebum accumulation, and other skin problems. I use the ones by SKIN LABORATORY, and I apply it to the face, bosom and bum. After six applications you will LOVE your skin. Don’t be scared by the ‘acid’ you see. Glycolic acid is gotten from sugarcane. Lactic acid is from sour milk. They’re excellent.
[/b]
[/b]

yes i have tried the clarifying lotion and had to return it because of the alcohol content
ill research the items you suggested thanks so much youre a doll

[b]
spikedcylinder:

Hyper wetin?

scylinder
ure not serious lol
some of us have hyper pigmentation due to hormonal changes for me at least due to my pregnancy
like a mask of pregnancy where some parts of you face is darker than the other

mines not actually that bad but i am sick of using concealers
thanks for ur suggestions again tho
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2009
Exactly Clearsail has been a waste of time and money to me.

I use 'SIMPLE' products now and they work like magic for me

Facial wash
Cleansing wipes
Pore minimising toner
Derma lotion

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 5:26pm On Sep 17, 2009
Nice packaging. But what does each do?

@Spiked
Oh, just hyper.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2009
I love this product so much! I just cant so without it It is so goodddddddd!!!!!! It gives you that lovely glow!!! I totally recommend it!!!!
It contains Retinol + Pure Vit C & also has spf 15 (
* fades the appearance of dark spots
* visibly evens out skin tone and improves
* brightens dull skin & boosts radiance
It totally does everything that is described on the packaging! Its so effective that pple can help but ask!!! its a must ve for ladies !!!!

giving it 5*****

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2009
yjay:

I love this product so much! I just cant so without it It is so goodddddddd!!!!!! It gives you that lovely glow!!! I totally recommend it!!!!
It contains Retinol + Pure Vit C & also has spf 15 (
* fades the appearance of dark spots
* visibly evens out skin tone and improves
* brightens dull skin & boosts radiance
It totally does everything that is described on the packaging! Its so effective that pple can help but ask!!! its a must ve for ladies !!!!

giving it 5*****

thanks babes
do u know if it comes in a higher spf tho
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2009
no, not for this particular one!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 12:05am On Sep 21, 2009
Neurogena products are amazing. No frills, excellent value for money.And always pocket friendly. Bet there are similar products three times the price and not as good. First time I'll hear of this Visibly Even brand. Could've saved me tons of cash if I'd seen this montha ago. I checked it out at Amazon. None with this same packaging. None says retinol; just Essential Soy and pure vitamin c. There's some with spf 30. I just hope it's the same product as I just might switch to this.

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 4:15am On Sep 23, 2009
dudu osun is tried and tested by multitudes of users. Its not pretty, I know.

You rarely go wrong with Nivea

I find oatmeal very soothing

2 Likes

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 4:19am On Sep 23, 2009
a lot of people insist on Dove

Estee lauder (sometimes)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 9:38am On Sep 23, 2009
@Madmax, Its actually not the same wit the one i posted there! i ve also used the visibly even with soy & vit c when i cldnt find the one i posted there as its kinda scarce, you cant even find it on the neutrogena website but u can get it on ebay i think! i will say though that the neutrogena visibly even with soy & vit c gives makes ur facial skin very smooth but its nothing compared to the impressive results u get with the visibly even with retinol & vit c, u just glow!

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2009
yjay:

@Madmax, Its actually not the same wit the one i posted there! i ve also used the visibly even with soy & vit c when i cldnt find the one i posted there as its kinda scarce, you cant even find it on the neutrogena website but u can get it on ebay i think! i will say though that the neutrogena visibly even with soy & vit c gives makes your facial skin very smooth but its nothing compared to the impressive results u get with the visibly even with retinol & vit c, u just glow!

is it the one in the blue pack?
i think they just changed the name to age intensives
ive been investigating neutrogena since u guys recommended it
the one with retinol is so scarce
i hope the ones on ebay are legit o
saw one dat retails for $20 going for $14
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 2:45pm On Sep 23, 2009
yes, its the one in the blue pack though i dont think its been changed but yes it is extremely scarce, had to wait for abt 4mths before getting it here in naija, at a point i even tried to order it on ebay but cldnt but i think u shld be able to order it, its actually not so expensive but its sold for N3500 here
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 10:08am On Sep 24, 2009
Its so funny how products work differently for people.
Neutrogena is horrible for me. Gives me blotches, makes me darker and makes me sweat unnecessarily. I stopped using it almost 5 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 11:06am On Sep 24, 2009
really? guess ure rite different strokes for different folks, but ve u tried this particular one spiky
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2009
No, I haven't tried this particular one. I used the cleanser, wipes and that moisturizer made with cotton seed oil.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 11:37pm On Sep 24, 2009
Why isn't Visibly Even on amazon like every other normal cream na?Not even on the Neutrogena website? I've got my eye on it to squeeze between Philosophy and Olay Regenerist.
Spikie yours is the first negative words I've heard about Neutrogena products. Only the sun and heat darkens the skin,as you very well know. Along with Jergens, they consistently give value for money and don't do the monkey business other cosmetic companies engage in.They have dozens of products for different skin types; I hope you didn't choose something unsuitable for your skin.

Tpia what does oatmeal and dudu osun do na?I tried a Dove Richly Nourishing Body Beauty Moisturiser and it moisturised my skin WONDERFULLY.But no space to squeeze it in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) / Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.