Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,967 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:33 AM

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work - Fashion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (616417 Views)

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by A8706: 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2011
i have bn readn this thread & m totally in love with it. pls i nid u guys help. m light in complexion & i stopped using body cream 7yrs ago cos it makes me sweat, now my skin colour is uneven & dull, i need a body cream (oily skin) and a face cream cos i do have pimples. follown d thread, many recommended olay serum & neutrogena, i might get d olay but neutrogena dnt wrk 4 me, though ve nt tried dia cream bt hav used dia soap, scrub, cleanser, facial wash bla bla. i nid somthn else apart frm neutrogena wt high spf cos i live in kano. thanx, wink

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 12:03pm On Mar 01, 2011
PRODUCT: JERGENS SKIN SMOOTHING LOTION

This is Jergens' best moisturiser by far. There are far more expensive lotions that won't work a tenth as good on your skin. I've yet to come across a lotion as good as this, and confidently label it the best lotion on the planet. I don't know how Jergens and Neutrogena keep making excellent products at such low prices. There's a tendency to think if a thing is cheap, it can't be a quality product. Not with cosmetics. Many times, simple basic products outperform expensive things by a mile. This product is so good I sometimes use it in place of Philosophy. The 16oz jar is about $7. It's available everywhere, and should be less than N1000 in Lagos. If you try this, I guarantee you won't go back to your old moisturiser by the time the jar's empty.

RATING: 5 BIG STARS.

2 Likes

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:24pm On Mar 01, 2011
Lol @ less than 1000

I would sell that for 2500 naira. see how big and heavy it is? imagine the cost of bringing it to Naija
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 4:50pm On Mar 02, 2011
Lol. ThiefofMoney. It's everywhere. It's just overlooked, is all. It's an unbelievable product. 16oz, and the price is just ridiculous. 16 oz of Philosophy would be $240. I gave my sister- in- law some of it in a jar. She came back a week later to ask what I gave her, thinking it was some costly wonder-moisturiser, saying it's cleared her skin up and it's glowing. Of course I felt 'cool' and let her beg very well before I told her what it was.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by jovi: 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2011
@mad-max, can it be used on the face??
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2011
hi ladies been a minute
been super super busy
anyhow thanks to the person that recommended the bentonite clay
damn that stuff sucks your face dry like literally it hurts
been working great for my oily zones
anyone with super oily face should get it,it works like mad
http://www.amazon.com/Aztec-Secret-Indian-Healing-Clay/dp/B0014P8L9W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299166827&sr=8-1

now I made a review on perfect herbals cream a few pages back
as a matter of fact I had to modify my posts cause I dont want any body buying their stuff
well ,I take back my review cause I got the cream tested again and it contains dangerous levels of STEROIDS
(The first test was to make sure there was no hydroquinone in it)
I feel so bad ,cause its like I misled God-knows how many people that read the review
as a matter of fact my Dermatologist said I am one of the few lucky ones that didnt get my skin damaged
and seems like someone might take the makers to court real soon sad

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-313268.512.html#msg6961516

as of now I am using concoctions made in my kitchen (I cant shout)
anyone that wants to try the glycolic peel but is a chicken like me grin grin grin
should mash up some pawpaw and pineapple and use on the face it gets rid of dead cells on your face and rejuvenates it
and because its a mild peel you can use it every 2/3 days
I alternate that with lemon juice(to maintain my complexion) and tomato juice(makes the skin glow)
yes I know they are messy but they work
guess nature has all the answers afterall

goodluck people,

3 Likes

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 5:31pm On Mar 03, 2011
forgot to ask
anyone know what I can use on my decollette
my breasts have some stretch marks on it(Ive lost a lot of baby weight and stopped breastfeeding)
funny its lighter than the rest of my skin
anyone with this kind of problem?
and solutions to it?
will appreciate a bust firming solution too(including exercise links that works if need be)
thanks in advance
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 04, 2011
Ʊ guys are 2much, ‎i've used glow by dr sandra i didn't see the work and nadinola for the spot on my tummy. Now i use alata and shea butter for my skin and jst in α wEek i've seen the diff. Pls wat can i use for the brown spot.
Any good cream for sunburn? Pls let M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ knw.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 7:50pm On Mar 06, 2011
^^^^ shea butter is very good for lightening scars
i totally agree with you
but for me it took about 6 months to see the results

I wont recommend a cream to treat your sunburns
I have tried equal amounts of palm oil+shea butter+honey and it worked for me.
leave it on your face as a mask( if you can leave it overnight the better )otherwise you should use for 30mins twice a day in the area you got sunburnt
The results might be slow ddepending on how badly damaged your skin is

another is to use olive oil as many times as possible in the area
I never tried that one tho

another thing you really need to invest in a good sunscreen thats the only way to prevent the sunburns

good luck and lets know which worked for you!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:17pm On Mar 11, 2011
jovi:

@mad-max, can it be used on the face??

Yes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 10:13pm On Mar 13, 2011
@browncocos
you're right about the tomatoe juice,it does make your face glow,
i use it immediately after steam my face,it make the skin supple when u then apply
a face cream.
For the stretch mark i used 3 bottles of bio oil 3 times a day,and i took  almost 6 months to notice a tiny bit of improvement
in the appearance of pregnancy stretchmarks.
@Mad_Max
can i use mederma or is it meladerm on my 4 year old child now that i've managed to get rid of the dry itchy skin which left some black patches all over the skin.(really doesnt look nice)
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 10:26pm On Mar 13, 2011
This is why i hate typing with these tiny button pda phones,u miss the letter type errors in you words. "i Steam my, ' pls ignore the rest of the errors,
By the way
@browncocos
you can try Revitol.heard it works faster and better than bio oil
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2011
i just started using use olay age defying bath gel and spa milk salt sometimes. They say my skin is glowin but i'm nt sure. It might be because i've been avoidin sun. I just cant stand body creams because of the extreme weather and how much sweat i'll produce if i use body creams.

Should i just go on without them or is there any cream out there that wont make me sweat in buckets. If ur nt in Nigeria, u av to check out the weather forecast esp in Benin to knw the kind of heat i'm speakin of.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by 21052011: 6:06pm On Mar 21, 2011
^^^^
youre very right
I stopped using creams the weather is unbearable
now I use johnsons nightime baby gel imagine!
I love the smell but I doubt if it does anything at all

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by pretts(f): 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2011
God bless u @Mad_max for recommending the Jergens Skin smoothing cream, I got it two weeks ago with the Olay Total effects shower cream.I use the cream all over my body(face inclusive), it also comes in a 25% extra jar @ only #1200 unbelievably.After using meladerm, diana stalder papaya kojic soap (I ran out of my amazon order),the 2 products I mentioned earlier have definitely come to the rescue, I'm honestly glowing, my skin hasn't been more moisturised including tough to moisturise areas like my feet and elbows.I ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by pretts(f): 12:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
ORIGINAL Mary Kay products available for sale from the USA, All Mary Kay products including cleansers, microdermabrasion set, timewise range, medium coverage/liquid foundation, pressed/loose powder, mascara, lip gloss, lipstick, shower gel, body lotion, eyebrow definer, eye shadow, compact, eye liner, moisturisers, hand cream, foot cream, professional make-up box and so on.Kindly get in touch with me if interested, 08027377117
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by betty002x: 7:08pm On Mar 25, 2011
olay body quench lotion active hydration with green tea and vitamin complex.This lotion is superb and has done wonders on my skin,it actually fades out dark spots and evens out shin tone,am on the third one now and i can't believe how my skin glows.wonderful moisturizer
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 1:01pm On May 06, 2011
If you love designer stuff like me youll appreciate sites where you can shop at almost 70% off everyday
with different designers all day every day
my favorite sites of all times

I have been shopping on this sites for more than 2 years and love every minute of it
and for the icing on the cake refer friends and get paid  cool cool cool cool
http://www.beyondtherack.com/member/invite
http://www.ruelala.com/invite/oola02
http://www.hautelook.com/invite/oola915
http://www.gilt.com/invite/browncocoskin
http://www.thesamplesale.com/cust/membersignup.asp?rea=browncocoskin@gmail.com
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 17, 2011
u guys are doing a good job, pls do u know anything about patricia reynia's cream and miracle maxitone gel and soaps. i want to knw more abt dem hope no side effect.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by betty002x: 10:06am On May 19, 2011
hi babes is there anyone that would like to get perfect curves,if that has been a dream then it could be a reality for you.
No side effects
money back guarantee
See results as early as 2 weeks
you get to stop when you ve reached your desired volume
100% herbal cream

Interested?give me a call on 08023486151 or email betty002x@yahoo.com wink
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by betty002x: 1:19pm On May 19, 2011
build more confidence in yourself shocked
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2011
AVEENO ACTIVE NATURALS DAILY MOISTURISING LOTION is EXCELLENT, esp for dry skin, or in cold climes. It's superb.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by chinyere01: 4:19am On Jun 18, 2011

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by crazybee1: 9:45pm On Jun 19, 2011
Authentic Human hair extensions for sale.
SOURCES: India, spain and argentina

20" brazilian 100% human hair
(Color=1b, style= wavy, length=20inch, weight=200g, 3 pieces, type=Handweft )
PRICE=15,500.

20" Indian 100% human hair
(Color=1b, style= straight, length=20inch, weight=250g, 1 bulk piece, type=handweft )
PRICE=25,000.

20" Peruvian 100% human hair
(Color=1b, style= wavy, length=20inch, weight=250g, 2 bulk piece, type=handweft )
PRICE=37,000.

BULK BUYERS are most welcome!

If interested, call 08127123059 or 07055343818 or add on BB: 30D68592
or
Visit FACEBOOK FANPAGE

https://www.facebook.com/pages/HAIR-Hive/179450718777223
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by crazybee1: 5:19pm On Jun 20, 2011
check out the hairs
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by bayotee(m): 9:24am On Jun 23, 2011
Products alone wont give you that desired look, there are tricks and tips you must learn.
Why not invest your time in knowing these tips.
Follow the link below,
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 6:35pm On Jun 24, 2011
betty002x
That's a pix of one of the Williams sisters. No silly, fake claims for products here please. Not what the thread is for.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by teetee2(f): 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2011
Mad-max, do I need to add anything like oil (serum) or use another cream with this Jergen to have a great result. It causes rashes on my face and neck. thanks for your quick response
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2011
Mad_Max:

betty002x
That's a pix of one of the Williams sisters. No silly, fake claims for products here please. Not what the thread is for.

i was just gonna say that this seller is so desperate,she had to post that pic . we all know Serena has never used your "'butt pill"" before .

read the title of this forum (we need proof)

THIS SECTION IS FOR PRODUCTS THAT ACTUALLY WORK !
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 12:28pm On Jun 30, 2011
uzoo! 'butt pill' grin grin grin

teetee2, buy Jergens only if you're not in the country. The country's overrun with fake Jergens products. It's almost impossible to get the real deal. Please stop using it if you're reacting to something in it. It's very likely fake.

Try AVEENO daily moisturiser or NEUTROGENA BODY OIL, Sesame seed oil. Or AVON skin so soft. They're excellent moisturisers. There's no need to add a thing. If it's Aveeno, check the bottom of the jar. It should have 'made in canada', a production and expiry date stamped on it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (35) (Reply)

Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) / Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.