Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:54 AM

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (616403 Views)

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 27, 2009
This works. . . . gives volume to the lashes. . . .pops out the eye, does not clog the eye lashes. I love it!!!!

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 8:40am On Sep 28, 2009
@shinatu, u can get it at Goldtwinkles, Barcellos mall on isaac john gra ikeja

@madmax, the visibly even with retinol & vit c, dont think u ll be able to use it for ur body o! ha! its just a small slim tube & yes u are right, three times cld probably finish the whole thing, u might ve better luck with the soy & vit c its bigger though using it on ur whole body might be stretching it too,
Loreal has some good products though i ll agree with u majority of their creams are just blah! my mum used the loreal revitalift morning & nite for yrs with no results, told her to switch to olay & she said its far better than Loreal but if i remember the particular loreal product that has great reviews i ll put a picture up here.

@browncocos, i really ddnt get your explanation on the aspirin mask, uncoated white aspirin, is that paracetamol or panadol? im a huge fan of honey sometimes i mix with olive oil to my face or body

@Madmax, spiky, FL,Tpia, Browncocos - do u guys ve great moisturizers(dry skin) that u recommend ? cant find the neutrogena norwegian formula, thinking of buying a mary kay moisturizer

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 10:11am On Sep 28, 2009
trust me
tried and tested
why not try urself and see if its better than your scrub
sha make sure you use the uncoated aspirin
the white,cheap one
aspirin contains salicylic acid which helps with acne
BUT! pls use max of 2/3 times a week at first till your face adjusts to it

Thought you said it was for the knees and elbows?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by tubabie(f): 10:16am On Sep 28, 2009
**subscribing**
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 2:03pm On Sep 28, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Thought you said it was for the knees and elbows?

yes babe u can use it on any part of your body that needs exfoliating(rough)
i meant in that quote about acne on the face
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2009
What about deodorants or antiperspirants? smiley
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 2:20pm On Sep 28, 2009
browncocos:

yes babe u can use it on any part of your body that needs exfoliating(rough)
i meant in that quote about acne on the face

shocked shocked shocked
If its good enough for my elbows and knees, its not going on my face o.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 5:28pm On Sep 28, 2009
spikedcylinder:

shocked shocked shocked
If its good enough for my elbows and knees, its not going on my face o.

babe u paranoid! lol
its like a reg facial scrub u can use on any part of ur body
wetin u dey fear na?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by akwuakana: 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2009

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work
« #94 on: September 26, 2009, 11:10 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I asked and these are the two most consistent answers:
REVLON SKINLIGHTS INSTANT SKIN BRIGHTENER.spf 15
Yes, it's foundation. the colours are Warm Light, Natural Light , golden light and Pink Light. It's scarce though.

BARE MINERALS FOUNDATION. It comes in many flesh-toned colours and apparently is 'simply marvelous', and 'the best foundation there is'.

For uneven skin tone, one of them suggested you use any of these two.MELADERM did not work for her hyperpigmentation. She says she used FIVE jars with ZERO results. For such a high-priced product it's a 'bad product'  

@madmax, please help me out, where can i get the foundation.again, please girls i am planning on geting charisma night glow, ow gud is it?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 6:31pm On Sep 28, 2009
akwuakana:

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work
« #94 on: September 26, 2009, 11:10 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I asked and these are the two most consistent answers:
REVLON SKINLIGHTS INSTANT SKIN BRIGHTENER.spf 15
Yes, it's foundation. the colours are Warm Light, Natural Light , golden light and Pink Light. It's scarce though.

BARE MINERALS FOUNDATION. It comes in many flesh-toned colours and apparently is 'simply marvelous', and 'the best foundation there is'.

For uneven skin tone, one of them suggested you use any of these two.MELADERM did not work for her hyperpigmentation. She says she used FIVE jars with ZERO results. For such a high-priced product it's a 'bad product'  

@madmax, please help me out, where can i get the foundation.again, please girls i am planning on geting charisma night glow, ow gud is it?

pls try ur best not to use charisma products
they contain hydroquinone at dangerous levels
u can use it if u insist but pls only use it at night and use sunscreen during the day
also stop using it within 3 mos or as soon as you achieve your desired color

i know how hard it is to get most of this safer alternatives in nigeria
try get someone outside the country to stock up on them for you
all the best
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2009
@akwuakana
All these products are at amazon na. I either order them online or buy several months' supply when I'm out the country. When you find them locally they're usually unnecessarily expensive. A friend of mine has a service that buys products from the US and delivers to your door. It takes about a week to get anything you want to you. Website www.palemilion.com If you can't find them locally and you're in Nigeria, just use the service. 

@yjay
After all the creams and lotions that have been posted on this website?lol Try the Dove Richly Nourishing lotion on the previous page. It's specially for Dry Skin and moisturises wonderfully.

Any advice on how to get rid of 10lbs on my thigh, tummy and bum areas? Painlessly? I don't know where they came from.

Stillwater wants a good deodorant/antiperspirant.Recommendations?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 29, 2009
stillwater:

What about deodorants or antiperspirants?  smiley

Particularly, gel deodrants tend to be irritating and sometimes leave residues.

But I assure you, promise you, and guarantee that  Secret Sent Expression works fabulous. Dries fast and works throughout the whole day. No smell , unless from excessive and vigorous exercise like joggin or mountain climbing.  No spots No residue on your black dress. . . .spotless and smelling good wink

This one is cherry mischief, many more diff variety of smell you'll love

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41orV4yS6hL._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg[/img]
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 29, 2009
yjay:

@Madmax, spiky, FL,Tpia, Browncocos - do u guys ve great moisturizers(dry skin) that u recommend ? cant find the neutrogena norwegian formula, thinking of buying a mary kay moisturizer

Lol no dry skin. But I heard that Jergens works well.

Try Nivea, really softens the skin and keeps it soft. Try it in the store before buying it.

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 29, 2009
Mac Make foundation ups are the best. . . .Works well, controls oil production, water proof, no masky or clayish feeling.

Love them, but costly

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 8:27am On Sep 29, 2009
@Madmax, dont mind me jare! must ve missed it! ll check it out! many thanks! & for those body parts u mentioned ve u tried jogging especially for the thighs, i know water melon is effective for tummy reduction & the bum, y wld u want to reduce that grin

@ FL, kiss thanks!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 9:42am On Sep 29, 2009
Lol I just want the weight off jere.I recently gained it and some of my clothes aren't extra-yansh proof. Jogging? groans I don't want to do any wo-ooo-rk.Lemme try the watermelon first.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 11:24am On Sep 29, 2009
Water melon? I'm on IT!! angry angry angry
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 11:52am On Sep 29, 2009
You have put that face there again lol

browncoco I wrote the best foundation as she pronounced it :Bare Essentials. Ordering it from amazon I saw the correct spelling:Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation.

It truly appears to be the best foundation on earth. It's Amazon's Number 1 bestselling make up, having spent over three years in that spot. It looks natural, as if you have nothing on, which is why I'm buying it in Medium Beige

http://www.amazon.com/Bare-Escentuals-bareMinerals-Foundation-Medium/dp/B00021DVDK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1254217666&sr=8-4

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by rubi(f): 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2009
nice thread
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 9:52am On Oct 01, 2009
NATURAL WHITE PRO TOOTH WHITENING KIT
5 STARS

Ths has to be the best of the over the counter whitening/brush up gels. CREST WHYTESTRIPS required 1 hoir of daily wera fot two weeks and did absolutely nothing. NATURAL WHITE will not only maintain your smile but will whiten it by up to 8 shades. They offer a money back guarantee.Good, effective product.

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 10:04am On Oct 01, 2009
Some excellent CHILDREN'S TOOTHPASTE

Tom's of Maine Natural Fluoride-Free Toothpaste for Children, Silly Strawberry
Waleda Mint Children's Toothpaste
Colgate Kids 2 In 1 Toothpaste & Mouthwash, Watermelon Flavor,
Gaba Elmex Toothpaste for Children 50 ml toothpaste

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 10:10am On Oct 01, 2009
NATURAL WHITE PRO TOOTH WHITENING GEL
5 STARS

The best of the over the counter whitening products, and far better than CREST WHITESTRIPS angry which required 1 hour daily wear for 2 weeks amd did nothing. NATURAL WHITE smiley will not only brush up your smile, it'll brughten it by up to 9 shades as promised. Comes with a money back guarantee. Just ten minutes total daily waer. Good, safe, effective product.

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 10:32am On Oct 01, 2009
NATURAL WHITE PRO TOOTH WHITENING GEL
5 STARS

The best of the over the counter whitening products, and far better than CREST WHITESTRIPS angry which cost twice as much, required 1 hour daily wear for 2 weeks amd did nothing. NATURAL WHITE smiley will not only brush up your smile, it'll brighten it by up to 9 shades as promised. Comes with a money back guarantee. Just ten minutes total daily wear. Good, pocket-friendly, safe, effective product.

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2009
ADULT ACNE AND BREAKOUTS
EFFECTIVE SOLUTION 2: Salicylic Acid 20% Gel Peel

Indications
Acne, Acne Scars, Blackheads/Whiteheads, Dry Skin, Sun-damaged Skin, Blotchy Pigmentation, Fine Wrinkles, Loss of Elasticity, Large Pores, Bumps, Age Spots, Eczema, Seborrheic Keratosis, Hyperkeratosis, Actinic keratosis, and Rosacea.

Directions:
Apply twice weekly for six weeks.

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ybab: 4:35pm On Oct 03, 2009
hello mad max and other ladies in the house

please help me.

i have always had lovely,glowing skin until recently.

over the years, i have used neutrogena mosturising lotion (white cream in a transparent bottle) or dove skin glow and these products have worked very well for me.
for soaps, i use anything simple. nivea soap, dove works well for me.

however, in the last few months my face has turned to something else thanks to breakouts

initially, i thought they would go with time, but for months later, as old ones are dissapearing, new one are coming out. now, i have tiny rash-like stuff on my face, a few spots . in conclusion, my face is not ''fresh'' anymore.

all these started when i was doing a very stressful job where i had to work long hours, face terrible traffic and have little time to sleep.

anyway, for a month now, i have left the job and i have a very easy work regime yet, my face is not fresh.

i drink lots of water everyday. over 1 litre, if not more.

presently, i am using olay soap corps (the pack claims i will have smoother face in seven days as compared to the use of normal soap) and neutrogena facial cleanser (visible clear triple action lotion) ( i started about three weeks ago) but i do not use any lotion on my face because i do not know which one to use.

kindly recommend a cream or soap or anything that will make my face very ''fresh'' get rid of the tiny pimple/rash/acne (whatever they are called).

please no bleaching creams oh,  the rest of my body is very 'fresh''. its just my face. please affordable products too that can be easily purchased in europe.

thanks ladies.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2009
Hi ybab,

We all get these breakouts. They're ugly pimple-like things that leave distressing black scars behind. Don't worry. We're sticking with you until it disappears. Three things will get rid of them:

1. BlueMD - Dermatologist-grade Acne Blue Light Therapy Treatment
2. Salicylic acid ( a peel like the one featured above works wonders)
3. HQ+

You use Neutrogena and it's  a good product; it's non-comedogenic; it doesn't clog pores. Clogged pores can cause break outs.Going to bed with make up on can cause breakouts. Stress too, I think. No lotion on your face? You have to keep your skin moisturised. Many great great face creams have been featured in previous pages. Try Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating serum. Forget the soaps and cleansers that promise skin paradise. Cosmetic companies lie for a living or they wouldn't sell products.

You need to be using a peel weekly. You won't be sorry. Here's information on the peels there are. They're in bottles and you just apply with a cotton pad, wait a few minutes and rinse with water. After six applications your face is as spotless as silk.

Glycolic Acid peel: stimulates collagen growth more effectively than any of the other peels. It's small molecule allows it to slip beneath the epidermis to reach the collagen fibers below and results in 15%-25%  thickening over 12 weeks. Glycolic acid generally causes little or no visible peeling.

Lactic Acid Peel: works on the surface of the skin to treat tone, texture, and pigmentation. The Lactic acid molecule works to pull moisture into the cells, and exfoliate surface cells which helps to perfect the skin's surface and restore the skin's natural glow.

Glycolac: With a combination of Glycolic (25%) with Lactic (35%), it provides hydration and tone improvements of the Lactic, with the increased collagen stimulation of the glycolic. It is generally well tolerated because the lactic and glycolic work on different levels or the skin.

Salicylic: a great kertolytic which means it helps loosen the bonds between skin cells to promote exfoliating. It is the only hydroxy acid which is oil soluble which allows it to penetrate into clogged pores. It can be used more frequently than the other peels without must risk for irritation.

BHA+: Hands down the best peel for acne and oily skin. You should expect some visible flaking of the skin 2 days after using the peel. This will help with active acne blemishes as well as old acne marks, and a variety of other skin problems.

HQ+: This peel is best for pigmentation and acne scarring. Similar to BHA+ peel, with added ingredients which to help to fade pigmentation differences and even skin tone. If you suffer from old acne marks, age spots, or melasma, this peel will be the most effective in helping you.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ybab: 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2009
madmax

thanks so much.

please where can i get these peels to buy in the UK or over the internet?

i need specific brand names please so i will know specific ones to buy. affordable brand names please

dont i need something like a cream or lotion to apply regularly on my face.

i dont sleep with makeup. as a matter my fact, i dont use any. my face was sooo smooth that friends asked me what foundation i was wearing when actually i had not even white powder on my face.

thanks again
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 5:36pm On Oct 03, 2009
That smooth a face? I'm envious. You can't go wrong with the face creams people have reviewed in the previous pages. I highly recommend Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum. You can use it alone as a day face cream, or you can apply it and still apply any regular lotion you use on your face, over it. In the evening after cleansing your face, you can use either DERMA E HYALURONIC ACID NIGHT CREME, or OLAY REGENERIST NIGHT RECOVERY MOISTURISING TREATMENT.

These are products I use myself, having replaced the Philosophy skin care range I was using before, and they're not expensive.

The peels. Try Salicylic Acid 20% Gel Peel by Skin Laboratory. You can also add their HQ+ Gel Peel. I use their Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid peels. You can get them from AMAZON. The bottle is in its review above. Instead of facial cleansers, please use a mild soap with ZERO additives; no perfume or olive oil or aloe vera or anything but pure soap. They don't clean the face well, and deposit these additives on your face, which proceed to clog your pores, which results in bad skin after a while.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ybab: 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2009
hello madmax

i have placed orders for the olay daily regenerist serum and this too : AHA BHA Chemical Peel,The Perfect Peel for Combination Skin, 15% Salicylic / 15% Lactic Acid Peel for Home Use.

I should get them in the next few days. I will go with these first and see how it goes before buying the olay lotion.

i hope these creams wont leave my face with dark circles and patches?

you sure my skin will be as smooth as silk? cheesy

should i stop using the neutrogena visible clear cleanser?

thank you
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Sissy3(f): 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2009
i wouldnt suggest using all those peels at the same time. remember those are chemicals and they will definitely dry out your skin if used continuously and at the same time and more problems may arise. you may want to be careful with  that, before you get more than you bargained for.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 12:22am On Oct 05, 2009
Hi ybab,
Two peels. Neither's the 20% Salicylic acid peel, but I guess 15% ought to work. 20% pure Salicylic peel can be used twice a week on the skin; it's perfectly safe. Yours is combined with lactic acid (sour milk) so I don't know. I guess you'll follow the instructions that come with it on usage. Getting rid of acne's a simple thing. Don't use both peels at the same time because you think you'll get quicker results that way. Not so. Your skin needs time to heal and breathe between treatments; it's a delicate organ.

Use the salicylic peel first. The other one can be your weekly peel after the acne's gone. And don't be misled by the word 'acid'. Lactic acid is just sour milk, glycolic acid is got from sugarcane. I've never used AHA/BHA Chemical peel, but it should be all right. I use Glycolic acid or lactic acid peels once a week and vouch for those.

You can moisturise with Olay regenerist twice daily. Neutrogena products don't clog pores, but I don't know if there are additives in their cleanser. Just incorporate pure soap into your cleansing regime and the occasional cleansers shouldn't matter .

How on earth can these moisturisers leave your face with dark patches? I don't get that part. They're just excellent facial moisturisers, nothing more. They're what I use. If you're using Olay regenerist as a day cream, try Derma E Hyaluronic acid night creme. Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in healthy skin and foods that contain it are great for skin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) / Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.