Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,452 members, 7,781,308 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:11 PM

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work - Fashion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (616424 Views)

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by platinumnk(f): 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2009
I changed my face regimen for the last several months and my face never been better

I have the normal Avon Face wash wipes-  the one that you add water

And i also use Dudu Osun soap, but I don't use so much can it can be too strong for my skin
What I do is I wet my hands, and rub it against the bar and lather it
The rinse one hand off that has lather, therefore reducing the amount of soap used.
The i put it on the wipe, and I wet my face with Warm water

and wash and rinse and wipe off using the other side, do it morning and before bed

Dudu Osun can also double as a Mask if you have breakouts, just don't put on the wipe and leave it overnight and wash off in morning.

I use Clear Essence Face Creme as a moisturizer after I wash and anytime my face feels dry, and it makes it soft as ever, my face hasn't lightened, but it has a remarkable even tone.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 5:29pm On Dec 14, 2009
Everyone's always giving good reviews for Dudu Osun. I'm so indifferent.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Iranoladun(f): 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2009
So Mad-Max which product do one use as a cheap alternative to meladerm for hyperpigmentation?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by platinumnk(f): 7:18pm On Dec 14, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I tried it one day and I loved the way it smelled, but did I scrubb my face like I washing dishes, and by face was burnt the next morning, so much pain lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
the problem is that the soap is very very concentrated, so those with sensitive skin and normal skin, only need to use very little for cleansing the face and skin.

When I started using a lot less, i loved Dudu Osun! one bar lasts a long time, i have this 24 pack in my closet collecting dust grin grin grin grin grin

and the great thing its all natural no yucky chemicals cheesy
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Caramelia(f): 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2009
yjay:

shocked shocked shocked shocked! its a drug store brand for crying out loud!!!!! i guess your consolation wld be in the fact that it does work, ve heard & read so many rave reviews abt it, ll be trying it next yr! i guess looking good is costly cool

Exactly my point looks like Olay has now officially upgraded to Business Class lol, This Reviews better be on point undecided

shushu:

@caramelia,
why not buy the regenerist from amazon?thats where i bought mine and it was cheaper.boots can be pricey

Thanks for the tip Hun will look into that, Looks like I already got myself an Xmas Present, How are you getting on with yours
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 14, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Same here. . . . nothing happens undecided
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 11:45am On Dec 15, 2009
Iranoladun:

So Mad-Max which product do one use as a cheap alternative to meladerm for hyperpigmentation?

I think some products for hyperpigmentation have been reviewed in previous pages. Nadinola is effective for quick short-term use, get rid of the pigmented area and stop. If it's on the face, Makari Caviar Face-lightening cream does wonders. Obagi products work too, but given that they're touting hydroquinone, too dressed up and pricey jere.

Anyone with hair problems? Let's hear about it. If you're not conditioning your hair with Morroccan oil you should def consider it. It softens hair, and smells delicious. You don't want hair that smells like hair or chemicals, do yer? So.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by megtin(f): 12:41pm On Dec 15, 2009
pls does anyone no where we can get the olay regenerist serum in lagos?my colleague is seriously looking 4 it o(i need it 2 bt i can wait).she has been to alade mkt at ikeja n nothing.so any ideas?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 2:36pm On Dec 15, 2009
@megtin, dont think u ll get it in lagos, maybe the olay total effects/definity line undecided, tell her to get a friend abroad to buy it for her, it shldnt be too hard getting someone whos coming home around this time

@Irandolun, vit c serums are also very effective for hyperpigmentation, im using one rite now & its wink
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by megtin(f): 8:28am On Dec 16, 2009
@yjay cry thanks, ahmmmm hw bout d neutrogena facial moisturuizer(d one in a blue tube)do u hv dat?with retinol n vit c.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 8:54am On Dec 16, 2009
megtin:

@yjay cry thanks, ahmmmm hw bout d neutrogena facial moisturuizer(d one in a blue tube)do u hv dat?with retinol n vit c.

they ve that at katriel in Anthony or Goldtwinkles, Barcelos Mall, Katriel is at 9 Odulami Street Anthony
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by megtin(f): 9:31am On Dec 16, 2009
kissThanks dear il try n get there by the wkend.Hmmmm do u no i bought d neutrogena lotion with copper n found out after i got home twas fake shocked?thank God i went to a fairly big shop.n their carrier bag had their phone no.how did i no it ws fake?the inscription behind d tube had grammatical errors in  3 places which is unlike american products.
      At d end sha d lady sed all d ones she had at d shop were d same n apologised,she says i shld return it.im takin it bak saturday cos i cant get there early on weekdays.Lagos na wa.i ws using nivea fair o bt its nt good enuf cos i hv dry skin.i know i should been more observant bt next time dey.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2009
megtin:

kissThanks dear il try n get there by the wkend.Hmmmm do u no i bought d neutrogena lotion with copper n found out after i got home twas fake shocked?thank God i went to a fairly big shop.n their carrier bag had their phone no.how did i no it ws fake?[b]the inscription behind d tube had grammatical errors in  3 places [/b]which is unlike american products.
      At d end sha d lady sed all d ones she had at d shop were d same n apologised,she says i shld return it.im takin it bak saturday cos i cant get there early on weekdays.Lagos na wa.i ws using nivea fair o bt its nt good enuf cos i hv dry skin.i know i should been more observant bt next time dey.

are u serious?? shocked shocked shocked shocked im not surprised sha but they shld ve been a lil more discreet , thats y its very important to go to stores that one can guarantee that they sell original products, Neutrogena has pulled out that particular product, thats y the ones u find online(amazon) are very expensive, going for $80. as for the ones u find in naija lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Iranoladun(f): 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2009
Thanks Mad-Max and Vjay, I'd try out your suggestions kiss

On the Morroccan oil suggestions for hair I'd try that as well. I'm very sensitive to smell and so is my hubby reason why:

1. I don't like hairstyle that takes ages to make and you'd also need to wear for weeks before washing or loosening it due to the money or time consumed in making it (I wash my hair weekly or every fortnight no matter the style I have on)
2. I don't like smelly body cream or hair products e.g shea butter, pink oil, Indian hemp, most hydroquine-containing body cream etc

So I'd welcome any body or hair product that smells really good and also meets expectation!
wink
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 7:04pm On Dec 16, 2009
So know what you mean about that ugly synthetic smell you find in some products. Can't stand it. When I first opened Philosophy Hope in a Jar I GAGGED. Stuff smells horrible, like something died in the bottle. But it's the best moisturiser for my skin yet; I stopped using it some weeks ago and there was a difference. Since diet, fruit and water intake and sun exposure determine skin beauty it's hard to put it all on a particular cosmetic to do wonders, but Philosophy's simply great. I can't do without so I just got used to the smell.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ubiaa5(f): 9:17pm On Dec 16, 2009
MM you r so rite abt d philosophy my sis uses it n i cant stand it, no amt of result will make me use it.BTW has anyone used aveeno skin brightening daily scrub and positively radiant daily moisturiser? omg that stuff works like magic,i have been using it 4 abt 6wks now, i saw results about the 3rd wk,it evens out skin tone n brings out ur true complexion.Also d neutrogena night concentrate wit vit c and retinol is no longer available becos d name has been changed, it is now called ageless intensive tone correcting concentrate serum.i know 4 sure becos i used to use it, wen i couldnt find it i called nsutrogena customer service n thats wat i was told.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ebinom(f): 12:21am On Dec 17, 2009
i swear by st ives apricot scrub,blemishes and blackhead control. been using it for over six months and before that i used to get lots of blackheads on my nose and face and now,nada
i also use dove gentle exfoliating soap(the bar soap) and it really cleans my skin well. been using it for over six months also and it's the only soap i use for both face and body.helps with acne also.
neutrogena ultrasheer dry-touch sublock is the best for my face cos it prevents my skin from tanning since am lightskinned and helps prevent my acne scars from getting darker
i use ocean potions anti-aging sublock spf 50(ultra light) for my body and it works great at preventing me from getting darker and tan.i tried it on my face and i got terrible breakouts so i stick to neutrogena for face and this for body
i also use oxy cleaning pads(acne treatment with salicylic acid) to help with my acne.it does an okay job but am looking for a miracle product grin
queen helene mint julep mask is also very good for acne.it helps my breakouts alot too
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 8:55am On Dec 17, 2009
ubiaa5:

MM you r so rite abt d philosophy my sis uses it n i cant stand it, no amt of result will make me use it.BTW has anyone used aveeno skin brightening daily scrub and positively radiant daily moisturiser? omg that stuff works like magic,i have been using it 4 abt 6wks now, i saw results about the 3rd wk,it evens out skin tone n brings out your true complexion.Also d neutrogena night concentrate wit vit c and retinol is no longer available becos d name has been changed, it is now called ageless intensive tone correcting concentrate serum.i know 4 sure becos i used to use it, wen i couldnt find it i called nsutrogena customer service n thats wat i was told.

ve heard great stuff abt that one!

ebinom:

i swear by st ives apricot scrub,blemishes and blackhead control. been using it for over six months and before that i used to get lots of blackheads on my nose and face and now,nada
i also use dove gentle exfoliating soap(the bar soap) and it really cleans my skin well. been using it for over six months also and it's the only soap i use for both face and body.helps with acne also.
[b]neutrogena ultrasheer dry-touch sublock[/b] is the best for my face cos it prevents my skin from tanning since am lightskinned and helps prevent my acne scars from getting darker
i use ocean potions anti-aging sublock spf 50(ultra light) for my body and it works great at preventing me from getting darker and tan.i tried it on my face and i got terrible breakouts so i stick to neutrogena for face and this for body
i also use oxy cleaning pads(acne treatment with salicylic acid) to help with my acne.it does an okay job but am looking for a miracle product grin
queen helene mint julep mask is also very good for acne.it helps my breakouts alot too

i use that for my body, its a bit too oily for my face, i also love the queen helene mud mask, effective for tightening of the skin & visible pores,
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by popekay(m): 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2009
Hi Mad_Max, I heard about Zenmed Acne Scar Treatment kit for acne scar treatment. Pls, I would like to hear your opinion about it and probably recommend where I can get it here in naija or if I'ld have to place an order.
Thanx
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:34am On Dec 30, 2009
First I'll hear of Zenmed. I checked up on it. Good reviews,but that's not the same thing as seeing it work. Cosmetic companies LIE so I generally don't go by a few reviews, some of which may be sponsored.You might have to try the product and post a review here. No idea where it can be got locally.

Found this link on how ZenMed works. You'll find it useful.

http://www.natural-acne-treatments.com/derma-cleanse.html
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by megtin(f): 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2009
@Popekay proactive is gud 2.jst dat ul hv to follow d regimen daily n must continue using it.been lookin 4 it in dis lagos n havnt gotten it yet. angry
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 9:21pm On Dec 30, 2009
Ok guys,my partner got this product (SHISEIDO BUST FIRMING CREAM)from a store in zurich,its almost finished now and i must say the results are very good.I used twice a day for 2 months,this was after i had my baby.it doesnt just lift,it enhances the cleavage which was the first thing i noticed.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by popekay(m): 5:11pm On Jan 01, 2010
@Mad_Max and Megtin: Thanks alot. I really appreciate it. I'll go ahead and try the Zenmed Treatment. Thanks again
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:53am On Jan 06, 2010
You're welcome, pk. Uzoo, haven't come across bust-enhancing products that work, though I have to take other people's words for this. Know someone with mosquito bites that did not increase after a fortune on pumps and pills and what not. Are you sure you aren't imagining the difference noticed? They seem to make extravagant claims but don't deliver, these bust products.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2010
Insert Quote
You're welcome, pk. Uzoo, haven't come across bust-enhancing products that work, though I have to take other people's words for this. Know someone with mosquito bites that did not increase after a fortune on pumps and pills and what not. Are you sure you aren't imagining the difference noticed? They seem to make extravagant claims but don't deliver, these bust products

@Mad Max

ha ha ha "Know someone with mosquito bites " cheesy lol ha ha ha ha ha good thing you didnt mention any names here.

well, i'm not really a fan of pills and pumps for bust enlargement ,i was pointing to the fact that it just enhanced mine since i'm a D cup , i had just finished nursing and scared that the force of gravity would be more at this time so after using a whole jar , it didnt , i still had the same cleavage as i did before child birth and stil wore the same size of bra.

the cream isnt for enlarging or pumping but to make what you already have firm, i went back to using local shea butter when i couldnt find the jar to buy , and i'm still using the shea butter and still working out too,and so far the shea butter is doing a great job,just that i cant stand the smell undecided
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by josphy: 4:13pm On Jan 13, 2010
SLEEK MAKE UP SCHOOL 2010 REGISTRATION IN PROGRESS.
DO YOU HAVE A FLAIR FOR BEAUTY,ARE YOU A MODEL,OR A STAR IN THE MAKING?
COME AND LEARN: BRIDAL MAKE UP
RUNWAY MAKE UP
PHOTO SHOOT
EVENINGS /PARTIES
NAILS TECH AND, FREE GELE ART!!!
CLASS OF 7 ONLY.
FOR DETAILS AND REGISTRATION CALL JOSEPHINA /08025275976( 1A FEMI AYANTUGA CRESCENT OFF ADELABU,SURULERE,LAGOS)
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by megtin(f): 8:36am On Jan 14, 2010
Hi people,my  friend eventually got d regenerating serum at alade market.for a whooping 8000 shocked .n its d original cos d last time we were der,d lady we met informed us dat  it was finished bt her elder sis travelled to get goods.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by chemali: 9:37am On Jan 14, 2010
megtin:

Hi people,my friend eventually got d regenerating serum at alade market.for a whooping 8000 shocked .n its d original cos d last time we were der,d lady we met informed us dat it was finished bt her elder sis travelled to get goods.

last time i checked BOOTS, uk, it was 25pounds.
but good thing is just a little squezze is okay, so it can last you for 3months.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 10:50am On Jan 14, 2010
As much as i love my oil free acne wash, i suddenly realised that it could no more control the oil on my face, my mum had this mary kay on her table & it had been sitting there for a while, to be honest im not a mary kay fan so i ddnt really give it a thought but i knew at the back of my mind that i needed something a lil more for my face, so i started using the mary kay deep cleanser formula 3(bin using it for over a wk now, morning & nite) & its been very good, my face no longer has that shine that it has especially after noon, so for ladies & maybe guys who are looking to control oily shine, we might ve found a winner on our hands, it really really does deep cleanse, i totally recommend for pple with oily skin,
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2010
Good grief, what is the Olay Serum, gold? shocked It's on Amazon for anything from $13 to $19, depending on the size you want. There's even free shipping sef. Eight thousand naira? Ah-hannn!

Bought LOVELY for WOMEN (perfume) by Sarah Jessica Parker. Bleeping thing has an airy, evanescent scent that seems to vanish in minutes. I'm bad at choosing perfumes. Does anyone know an excellent perfume that smells divine? I don't like synthetic scents. Floral is fine if it's not heavy. I'm not asking for much; just something that turns heads and will drive a particular man crazy. If it manages to make all my friends purple with envy at how heavenly I smell, that would be great too.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by zaliya(f): 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2010
what should i apply to my hands to make them look younger and smoother. tanks.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by carpediem1(f): 8:45am On Jan 22, 2010
chemali:

last time i checked BOOTS, uk, it was 25pounds.
but good thing is just a little squezze is okay, so it can last you for 3months.

Its currently half price at sainsburys and about £14 on amazon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) / Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.