Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work - Fashion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (617157 Views)

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by steaming(f): 5:26pm On Mar 25, 2010
just did browncoco, thanx alot.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 7:01pm On Mar 25, 2010
@ steaming
ure welcome!
anyday
ive sent u a reply
should see you 2moro !
ill call u
cheers
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by steaming(f): 8:33am On Mar 26, 2010
@ browncoco, thanx alot. u r a switheart!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by steaming(f): 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2010
still waiting browncoco, pls call mi so we can arrange to meet. i'll be leaving town soon, pls, waiting, thanx
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 28, 2010
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 9:28am On Mar 29, 2010
@  hispinkolo
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by steaming(f): 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2010
thanx again browncocos, sincerely, i hope to stick with this. i get quite impatient with beauty products, 2 weeks and no difference, i dump it.

Ma face dey try sef-------if only it cud talk-------and it no dey break out dat often-------tho i havent got d desired feel and luk cheesy

that said by GOD's grace, ll stick with this, theres dis olay soap i just got, d feeling is divine.

i shall be back to share ma testimony! grin

Ciao!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ steaming
ure welcome girl
i only wish i got 2 c dat fine face of urs
hope d braids was worth all d time lol
expecting a positive review on the serum
all the best
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ browncocos

i will get em,
im very afraid of that makari
is it not a bleaching agent??
what if it burns my most precious asset(face)??looooll

u r very right.I think its d use of many diff products dat is killing my face,
I will stop completely,

Y im goin crazy is dat my white wedding is in december in nija,i want to look fab!!!
I am in the carribeans so the sun is a huge factor

thanks a milli,  smiley
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by gianni(f): 8:17am On Mar 30, 2010
y-jay,spikedcylinder,browncocos,mad-max and everyone,great job!

gone through the whole thread and i,still,am confused.

i'm dark-skinned and have an oily skin (extremely oily).i was using cucumber facial wash (boots),aapri exfoliating scrub and clean and clear cleanser.then i visited a skin therapist,she uses natural ingredients.and she concocted this wash.it really reduced the oil on my face and made my complexion brighter but i started breaking out.used it for like 3weeks and the pimples just didn't go away.
now someone else has placed me on neutrogena transparent facial bar.the oil-secretion is now in 10-folds and the acne is still there.
pls,pls,pls ladies,what do i do?

i got mary kay timewise day solution SPF25 and night solution as gifts.scared of using them.should i proceed or not?
thanks for your help!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 8:19am On Mar 30, 2010
yes i guess you can call makari a "bleaching agent"
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 8:23am On Mar 30, 2010
gianni:

i'm dark-skinned and have an oily skin (extremely oily).i was using cucumber facial wash (boots),aapri exfoliating scrub and clean and clear cleanser.then i visited a skin therapist,she uses natural ingredients.and she concocted this wash.it really reduced the oil on my face and made my complexion brighter but i started breaking out.used it for like 3weeks and the pimples just didn't go away.
now someone else has placed me on neutrogena transparent facial bar.the oil-secretion is now in 10-folds and the acne is still there.

i got mary kay timewise day solution SPF25 and night solution as gifts.scared of using them.should i proceed or not?
thanks for your help!

i wish i could really help u
but oiliness is not my forte
one advise visit the clinique aisle if ure outside the country
i am 100% certain they ll find a solution for you
btwn clinique might seem costly but i realised a little goes a long way
and ill say if it works u should stick to it as an investment

all the best

btw u can buy clinique products off-ebay for like 70% off retail price

cheers
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 8:32am On Mar 30, 2010
hi all
i keep forgetting to do a review on some hair products that worked amazing for me
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2010
gianni:

so if u knio
thanks for your help!

hello there, of all the things i have tried& trust me when it comes to skincare products lets just say i ve had my fair share, if u ve oily skin just go & get clinique clarifying lotion but u ve to find the one that best suits u, u ll probably be using 3 or 4, the reason why i say u need to be sure is cos i started using the clarifying lotion 4 abt a mth now cos my face is oily, u start to see results in abt 3 days no joke, but the trick is its a bit harsh so it tends to dry out or cause rashes after a while, so wat u do is after the first few days, u probably dont need to use as much, i use mine once a week now, my face looks like a million bucks, its that good, u start for a couple of days & see how ur skin reacts to it & take it from there,
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2010
thanks browncocos
i will do as u say
hope it all goes well,lol

this thread is lovely,
good job ladiees!! kiss
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by nanidee(f): 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2010
spikedcylinder:

We are talking about the same one. Ozde Plaza abi? That's my 'area' too. How long have you lived there?

awwwwwww, hi neighbour  kiss  cheesy .I've lived there for quite a while now, although not in that particular estate, but the one next to it, hope u know d one i'm talking about?

Neighbour mii, I actually checked her shop for olay regenerist, and there was a young lady (not the light skinned one whom i think is her daughter undecided) who attended to me, and she acted like she had never heard of such a thing. She was like  . Next time I checked, twas a guy who told me they didnt have it sad. But the good new is I HAVE MY OLAY REGENERIST, HOPE AND NEUTROGENA AGELESS INTENSIVE. Also got the peels, and so far so good, I'll be back to give a full verdict.

Thanks once again, ladies smiley
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 8:41am On Apr 01, 2010
nanidee:

awwwwwww, hi neighbour  kiss  cheesy .I've lived there for quite a while now, although not in that particular estate, but the one next to it, hope u know d one i'm talking about?

Neighbour mii, I actually checked her shop for olay regenerist, and there was a young lady (not the light skinned one whom i think is her daughter undecided) who attended to me, and she acted like she had never heard of such a thing. She was like  . Next time I checked, twas a guy who told me they didnt have it sad. But the good new is I HAVE MY OLAY REGENERIST, HOPE AND NEUTROGENA AGELESS INTENSIVE. Also got the peels, and so far so good, I'll be back to give a full verdict.

Thanks once again, ladies smiley

Lol, I know the one you're talking about. I've lived here for over 20 years so I pretty much know the place in and out.
Nice to 'see' you here. cheesy smiley
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by nanidee(f): 12:37pm On Apr 01, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Lol, I know the one you're talking about. I've lived here for over 20 years so I pretty much know the place in and out.
Nice to 'see' you here. cheesy smiley

wow, me too, i've lived there for more than 20yrs,  cheesy this is so cool neighbour,
Take care though, and its nice "seeing" u here too, neighbour. mwwaaaahhhhh  wink
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2010
If you have lived there that long, I'd definitely know you. Definitely. grin grin grin
Maybe we hate each other in real life sef. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by nanidee(f): 9:13pm On Apr 01, 2010
spikedcylinder:

If you have lived there that long, I'd definitely know you. Definitely. grin grin grin
Maybe we hate each other in real life sef. cheesy

lol,  abi o,
btw, we're derailing this thread o ***chuckles to herself***
see u soon mate   grin
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by shilling(f): 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2010
browncocos:

all the best

cheers
True!!

What the heck, I never knew I could get Clinique off of ebay. . . thanks for the info.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by gianni(f): 4:48am On Apr 02, 2010
browncocos:

i wish i could really help u
but oiliness is not my forte
one advise visit the clinique aisle if ure outside the country
i am 100% certain they ll find a solution for you

all the best

cheers
thank you,very much!i'm 9ja right now.i'll def look around for that.
yjay:

hello there, of all the things i have tried& trust me when it comes to skincare products lets just say i ve had my fair share, if u ve oily skin just go & get clinique clarifying lotion but u ve to find the one that best suits u, u ll probably be using 3 or 4, the reason why i say u need to be sure is cos i started using the clarifying lotion 4 abt a mth now cos my face is oily, u start to see results in abt 3 days no joke, but the trick is its a bit harsh so it tends to dry out or cause rashes after a while, so wat u do is after the first few days, u probably dont need to use as much, i use mine once a week now, my face looks like a million bucks, its that good, u start for a couple of days & see how your skin reacts to it & take it from there,
[/quote
results in 3days?maan,thats something.i'll give it a try and post my findings here.thanks abunch!and any ideas about the mary-kay products?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ubiaa5(f): 6:34pm On Apr 02, 2010
hi ladies you guys are doing a great job here,has anyone used the ambi line of skin care for coloured women, does it work especially the even and clear moisturiser, or what would you recommend to even out skin tone,ive tried alot of stuff that work for a little while and stop.thanks ladies awaiting your replies.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Voned(f): 11:47pm On Apr 06, 2010
Hello browncocos,mad max and everyone .pls i used a cream which reacted to my face in form of a mild burn, i ve used different product all to no avail,pls i really need help
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Voned(f): 11:47pm On Apr 06, 2010
Hello browncocos,mad max and everyone .pls i used a cream which reacted to my face in form of a mild burn, i ve used different product all to no avail,pls i really need help
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 1:42pm On Apr 08, 2010
Hi ubiaa5, skin toners have been gone over in at least 3 pages. Look through the previous pages for what might work for you. Most of the questions being asked has already been treated, from hyperpigmentation to stretch marks.

Voned.
To be honest, honey, I don't know much about skin burns. I think it results when you apply things that aren't meant for healthy skin to the skin. It'll damage it, just like using drugs for diseases in a healthy body ruins your health. I've heard of women using things like tempovate and dermovate and all those things, which are for serious dermatological diseases. They end up destroying their skin, sometimes irrevocably. If that's what you're doing, 'mixing' creams and applying it to your skin, you'll be very. very sorry in the long run. Your skin colour is beautiful in whatever shade it is. If there are uneven patches, there are creams that'll lighten those so your skin is even all over. If you want to be a few shades lighter, there are beauty lotions formulated for that purpose that will not damage your skin. If you can't afford something expensive, maybe what celebrities use (and remember they eat for their skin too) then wait till you can.

You should see a dermatologist for that burn. It's their area of expertise and they're at most large hospitals. Don't worry, don't be embarrased, everyone makes mistakes and they've seen it all. It's hard for me to just say, go use this or that off the bat, when I've no idea what you applied to the skin or how serious the burn is. Aloe vera and cocoa butter can't hurt meanwhile. Needless to say, don't use products that have harsh, crude ingredients or work too quickly. Or not meant for healthy skin at all.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Voned(f): 9:49pm On Apr 08, 2010
Mad max i have never mixed any cream before neither have i used all those harsh creams, the cream i made use of was body treat which everybody used in my home,like i said it is very mild and not really obvious unless i show it to u and you take a very close look at it. Anyways thanks
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 12:00pm On Apr 09, 2010
Voned:

Mad max i have never mixed any cream before neither have i used all those harsh creams, the cream i made use of was body treat which everybody used in my home,like i said it is very mild and not really obvious unless i show it to u and you take a very close look at it. Anyways thanks

i think you shld give honey a try, just make sure u use it consistently on those areas & rinse off after a while, also u might want to try a fade cream on those areas, please only use at nite & then look for a day cream with spf

ubiaa5:

hi ladies you guys are doing a great job here,has anyone used the ambi line of skin care for coloured women, does it work especially the even and clear moisturiser, or what would you recommend to even out skin tone,ive tried alot of stuff that work for a little while and stop.thanks ladies awaiting your replies.

yep, it does work, my friend who lives in the US told me abt it, the only thing she complained of is the content, said its too small for the price

@gianni, no, not really into mary kay products but their eye soothing gel has rave reviews
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2010
Voned:

OK sweetie. It seems yjay is on the right track. I asked a friend and she recommends a mixture of honey and red oil, applied liberally to the spot, left on overnight and washed off the next morning. She says to do this till it's gone.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Voned(f): 6:04am On Apr 10, 2010
Yjay am always scared of using all these fade creams because one hardly knows which one is okay so i will go with the honey idea thanks Yjay and mad max u guys are the best
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 11:07am On Apr 12, 2010
Voned:

Yjay am always scared of using all these fade creams because one hardly knows which one is okay so i will go with the honey idea thanks Yjay and mad max u guys are the best

anytime wink apply the honey liberally though so u dont break out with rashes, madmax also suggested red oil u might wanna add that as well, do let us know k
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ubiaa5(f): 10:00pm On Apr 12, 2010
yjay,thanks mucho,i have heard good reviews about ambi,but i am always skeptical about product made particularly for our skin type because i think the ingredients are usually too harsh,anyway i will report back thanks.great job guys Madmax how u doin※

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (35) (Reply)

Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) / Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.