Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,213 members, 7,780,397 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:34 PM

PHOTOS: 9 Powerful Things Osibanjo Said At Media Forum Yesterday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: 9 Powerful Things Osibanjo Said At Media Forum Yesterday (1037 Views)

See What Tinubu Said At SW APC Peace Meeting Yesterday That Shows He Is A Leader / See Wat Ben Bruce Said At Launch Of FG N5.6b Water Project 4 His Constituent(pix / What Igbo Leaders Said At Ohanaeze Unity Forum In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: 9 Powerful Things Osibanjo Said At Media Forum Yesterday by metronaija: 5:10pm On May 28, 2016

On budget implementation: Budget implementation has started. We will start making payments for the big-ticket infrastructure items very soon.

On recovering stolen funds: We’re currently investigating embezzled military funds to the tune of $15 billion. That’s half our FX reserves.

On the transparency of the present administration: PMB not interested in making money or awarding contracts. Same goes for me. Public service has to be public service. We’re committed to building a country where integrity is the rule & corruption is the exception, not the other way round. We have a line in the budget for recovered funds; our plan is to utilize the money as transparently as possible.

On PMB: PMB is extremely open to criticism of his own policies and positions. But he also has his own positions, as he should.

On the government not being as harsh on itself as it is to Nigerians: PMB is an extremely frugal person, and this is clear from his lifestyle. I can tell you he’s cut a lot of government waste. I was doing far better as a lawyer in Lagos, in terms of earnings, than as Vice President I’m not complaining though.

On Niger Delta: PMB is about to launch the cleanup of the Niger Delta, which is first time any government is taking serious steps in this regard. We’re engaging with every sector in the Niger Delta. When people have genuine grievances, we must engage with them.

On curbing violence in the country and increasing performance of law enforcement: I now get a report from the Police virtually every week, about what’s happening nationwide.

On healthcare: Focus of government is on primary health care. This is because the majority of Nigerians access healthcare from those centers.

On calling Niger Delta Avengers criminals: My firm view is that the wanton destruction of oil pipelines and export faculties is criminal conduct.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/9-powerful-things-osibanjo-said-about.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: 9 Powerful Things Osibanjo Said At Media Forum Yesterday by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 28, 2016
Nepotism Alert: Update Of Buhari's Lopsided Appointments
https://www.nairaland.com/3129540/nepotism-alert-update-buharis-lopsided
Re: PHOTOS: 9 Powerful Things Osibanjo Said At Media Forum Yesterday by thesicilian: 5:16pm On May 28, 2016
lol. The open air idea looks like a nice concept, but it is simply just because there's no light indoors to power the A/C

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: 9 Powerful Things Osibanjo Said At Media Forum Yesterday by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 28, 2016
Good.

#IstandwithBuhari#

God bless Buhari/Osibanjo

God bless all good People of Nigeria

God bless Me and u

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: 9 Powerful Things Osibanjo Said At Media Forum Yesterday by Ebubeslym(m): 5:22pm On May 28, 2016
Spoke at length on the Niger Delta Militant issue but made
No single mention of the excesses of the fulani herdsmen?
Why am i not surprised?

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 9 Powerful Things Osibanjo Said At Media Forum Yesterday by Sylverbox(m): 5:25pm On May 28, 2016
We hear.
Re: PHOTOS: 9 Powerful Things Osibanjo Said At Media Forum Yesterday by GudluckIBB(m): 5:26pm On May 28, 2016
thesicilian:
lol. The open air idea looks like a nice concept, but it is simply just because there's no light indoors to power the A/C

You would have still complained even if they were inside a chilling AC.

You would have said, "how come there's light in Aso Rock when Nigerians don't have light"

No body can please Nigerians

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 9 Powerful Things Osibanjo Said At Media Forum Yesterday by Abeymills(m): 5:31pm On May 28, 2016
Just imagine d kind of nonsense dis mumu is saying anyway its only d gullibles n zombies dat will buy dis pack of junk lurbish yeye govt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: 9 Powerful Things Osibanjo Said At Media Forum Yesterday by Mrjo(m): 5:31pm On May 28, 2016
GudluckIBB:

You would have still complained even if they were inside a chilling AC.

You would have said, "how come there's light in Aso Rock when Nigerians don't have light"

No body can please Nigerians
na wa for u
Re: PHOTOS: 9 Powerful Things Osibanjo Said At Media Forum Yesterday by pikin1(m): 5:36pm On May 28, 2016
I still believe in Nigeria cool
Re: PHOTOS: 9 Powerful Things Osibanjo Said At Media Forum Yesterday by HammerTheirPapa(f): 5:39pm On May 28, 2016
Ebubeslym:
Why am i not surprised?

Osunbade is a fulani slave you want them to kill him and make it look like an accident? Osunbade is dispensable in the eyes of the fulanis and he knows that. Bloody lying pastor!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: 9 Powerful Things Osibanjo Said At Media Forum Yesterday by todayboy: 5:39pm On May 28, 2016
Ebubeslym:
Why am i not surprised?
In buhari government oil is more important than humans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: 9 Powerful Things Osibanjo Said At Media Forum Yesterday by Nukilia: 6:23pm On May 28, 2016
[size=16pt]Masters of Deception[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Fighting Low Grade Civil War – Olisa Agbakoba / When GEJ And His Wife Goes On A Date In New Jersey.. Photos / Happy Eid-el-fitri - Half Moon Has Been Sighted (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.